Author Topic: PL: Liverpool 0 v 1 Brighton Alzate 55’  (Read 36189 times)

Online LanceLink!!!!!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: PL: Liverpool 0 v 1 Brighton Alzate 55’
« Reply #200 on: February 3, 2021, 10:24:15 pm »
We're so one dimensional, doesn't seem to be a plan B.

Brighton played well, they deserved it.

Offline Knickers

• Dreams about being fisted by Thiago, followed by a good bone rattling.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #201 on: February 3, 2021, 10:24:17 pm »
I'm not sure how Divock keeps getting minutes. He doesn't seem to anticipate much, so he always seems to be about three yards off the pace.

When Fabinho comes back I'd rather see him and Henderson get pushed up to midfield, even if it means throwing in the two new boys, just so we can press a bit more.

Offline b_joseph

• b_jesus, b_mary, b_joseph and the wee b_donkey. Unloyal gloryhunter who was probably Kelly Osbourne in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #202 on: February 3, 2021, 10:24:19 pm »
Missed the fans so much.

Fans in that stadium wont let those players play like that.
We've played games like that in recent years but have been water tight and been able to knick a goal. Last 3 goals conceded at Anfield have all been 2nd half and 2 of them from not dealing with the aerial ball.

Last year vs Brighton at home wasnt great. But 2 VVD headers got us over the line...this happens. But at the moment, we are precise enough with and without the ball to scratch 1-0 wins in these games.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #203 on: February 3, 2021, 10:24:23 pm »
For what exactly?

Every big club should be looking at him - they’re incredibly well coached

Offline Armand9

• Legacy Fan
    • http://armand9.deviantart.com/
« Reply #204 on: February 3, 2021, 10:24:32 pm »
fair play to brighton, play nice footbal, well organised, good manager, thoroughly deserved their win

this was what i was fearing and felt it would show us where the season is this year, and yep, it has. constant disruption to the team through injuries etc has fucked over our season pretty much, it's not making excuses, it just has, sure, man for man, that starting 11 is better on paper than brighton, but not better as a team, cos it's not our starting 11, not even close, so brighton were the better team and it showed. but back to our season, consistently we haven't beaten the lower placed sides which any liverpool fan over 15 years old would have seen in teams past that never could get over the line, and that's where we are this season,

you dont give up, you put as much right as you can as a team for the remainder of your games and can't look to other teams, you just have to do the best you can and see where it falls come May cos whichever way you look at it, we've been fucked through injuries from game to game from almost the start of the season onwards - and what does that cause, inconsistency, and we've been that way in spades
Losing your only chance of silverware this season to your city rival. At home. With the most expensive squad ever assembled.

Have that, you arrogant wanker. CarraG238

Online JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #205 on: February 3, 2021, 10:24:39 pm »
What a total shit show that was. I got slated for saying this team won’t win anything again without major changes. I think tonight  was further proof of that. Unless teams willingly open up for us ,we are totally fucking clueless. Major overhaul required I’m afraid. Some players need shipping out and we need a plan B. It’s getting beyond a joke just watching us get to the edge of the box and having no idea what to do.
Unfortunately I can see one of Mané or Salah being sacrificed to raise funds for the rebuild.

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #206 on: February 3, 2021, 10:24:40 pm »
Wish I could fast forward to the end of this season to be honest with you. Everything about it has been shite.
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline robgomm

• He just can't get enough of Luis Suarez.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #207 on: February 3, 2021, 10:24:42 pm »
That might be the worst of the lot

Shit line up, rank tactics, awful subs. Firmino dreadful, Shaqiri dreadful, Thiago absolutely nothing, Gini appalling, Phillips terrible, Robbo terrible, Milner diabolical. Origi and Ox utterly horrific when they came on.

Feel for Mo, Hendo and Kelleher

Or you can be like this guy, an absolute weapon.

Offline ALPH1217

• Legacy Fan
  • "C'MON YOU MIGHTY REDS!"
« Reply #208 on: February 3, 2021, 10:24:50 pm »
Great effort, Brighton - fully deserved.

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #209 on: February 3, 2021, 10:24:59 pm »
Whats the rules on goalies with the ball in their hands for a kick? I watched the clock at one point and the Brighton keeper took 10 seconds to take it. It wasn't the only time too.

Is that an excuse? We could’ve had an extra 20 minutes and wouldn’t have scored.

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #210 on: February 3, 2021, 10:24:59 pm »
Worth remembering that we were without Alisson, Matip, VVD, Gomez, Keita, Fabinho, Mane and Jota tonight.

8 players who would have started.

Put your anger in a little perspective folks. 
We should be beating Brighton...there's zero excuses.

Offline naka

• Lennart Skoglund Ultra
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #211 on: February 3, 2021, 10:25:01 pm »
Thought we were very pedestrian and predictable.
Brighton were very comfortable and indeed shouoz have been 2-0
We are actually a nice team to play against at the moment
Sit tight , and we will pop up a chance.

Offline BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #212 on: February 3, 2021, 10:25:05 pm »
That might be the worst of the lot

Shit line up, rank tactics, awful subs. Firmino dreadful, Shaqiri dreadful, Thiago absolutely nothing, Gini appalling, Phillips terrible, Robbo terrible, Milner diabolical. Origi and Ox utterly horrific when they came on.

Feel for Mo, Hendo and Kelleher
Thought Phillips did ok.
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Offline theMilkman

• but doesn't deliver.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #213 on: February 3, 2021, 10:25:06 pm »
Yes there are injuries, but that was dreadful. God knows what trent was thinking of for their goal. Shaqiri firmino salah as a front three screams lack of width. Milner In midfield against a pressing teams is a recipe for disaster.

Honestly, team was off from the beginning and he should have changed it at half time. When you're dropping points against the bottom teams and losing at home to them, you have to look at the manager a bit. He needs to sort this out.
"But the most important thing that we all must remember is that this football club is much more important and bigger than anybody."~ King Kenny Dalglish

Offline alvaro

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #214 on: February 3, 2021, 10:25:07 pm »
The title is gone , it’s about making sure we finish in the top 4 now

Offline Gray Hamster

• Not bong eyed but quite fond of little furry things.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #215 on: February 3, 2021, 10:25:08 pm »
Whats the rules on goalies with the ball in their hands for a kick? I watched the clock at one point and the Brighton keeper took 10 seconds to take it. It wasn't the only time too.
There are fashionable phases where referees start blowing up for delayed kickoffs, or diving, or defenders grabbing attackers on set pieces. We are not currently in any phase.    Refereeing is very inconsistent but i don’t think there was a lot wrong with time wasting today to be honest

Offline Red Sky at Night

• Main Stander
« Reply #216 on: February 3, 2021, 10:25:11 pm »
Never say never in the PL (ever the optimist)..... but what is certain is that we should approach every CL game like a cup final, and hope our fortune in European football is better than in England this season (London excepted!)
‘It’s one of the finest exhibitions of football I’ve ever seen in my life… I’ve seen Brazilians play but I’ve never seen the game played at that pace or executed like that.’ - Sir Tom Finney after Liverpool thrashed Nottingham Forest 5-0 in 1988

Offline Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #217 on: February 3, 2021, 10:25:23 pm »
We created 2-3 good chances and didn't take a single one.  They scored without even shooting and their only other good chance was a whiff by a 6'6" WB who they were using like Fellaini.  Not saying we deserved to win but we also didn't deserve to lose.  A draw would have been a fair result.  Not to say that makes any difference but this wasn't a performance like the first 30 minutes again Fulham or against Atalanta in the second game which were truly embarrassing.

Offline RK7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #218 on: February 3, 2021, 10:25:27 pm »
We struggle against 11 men behind the ball sides at the moment , no idea how to get through end up chipping hopeful balls into the mixer , no chance with what we have in the middle

It's a myth that teams sit back against us, we had lots of opportunities to play runners in, chances to score and so on but we are slow, poor on the ball, we lack the vision and quality to play early. Every team defends, even us.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #219 on: February 3, 2021, 10:25:27 pm »
I love mo but find it hard to feel for him after tonight when that sitter ends up defining the game

How your giving Phillips shit I’m Not sure mind

Nah you’re right, way too harsh on Nat there (in very quick hindsight!!) he was decent
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Reeves

• Back from the dead. Bit simples.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "THE DISTANCE BETWEEN INSANITY AND GENIUS.........
    • RAWK
« Reply #220 on: February 3, 2021, 10:25:35 pm »
8 players out.

5-7 definite starters

Knock on effect that we can't rotate.

Can't cope with that.
..........IS MEASURED ONLY BY SUCCESS"

RAWK - HJC Champions 2003
Former RAWK Scribe 2002 - 2004

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #221 on: February 3, 2021, 10:25:44 pm »

The players look tired

Please god. In the name that of all that is good and pure don’t give it that
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline redwillow

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #222 on: February 3, 2021, 10:25:48 pm »
Embarrassing, lethargic, unprofessional, disrespectful, boring, scared, apprehensive list goes on but that was awful. Woeful team.

Wijnaldum has smashed this season available all the time so I can appreciate he is tired, but pulling out of tackles? Get to fuck, if he’s worried about being injured for his reunion in Barca in the summer then he can go play with the under 23s

Offline Wengerpresser101

• 8 posts in, could be RAWK’s greatest ever contributor. 248 posts in, the jury's still out......It's a fax he's a dickhead. Still the Greatest Fan of L...sorry...AFC there's EVER been!
  • Kopite
« Reply #223 on: February 3, 2021, 10:25:48 pm »
The players available to us should have been good enough to win this to be honest. We made Brighton look like prime Barca.

The 4-1-2-1-2 in the last game and 4-2-3-1 towards the end of this game made us more dangerous in attack, probably coz we have a player in the hole attacking. We should try that more often against low block teams.

Shoulda played Curtis Jones instead of Milner/Gini. There's more dribbling ability and creativity there. Milner and Gini offer nothing in breaking down low block.

We need a change of tactics, change of playing style, and a squad overhaul in the summer. Injury prone players and non performers have cost us this season.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #224 on: February 3, 2021, 10:25:52 pm »
This Potter lad might be worth considering

As Kloppo's shoe shiner?

Offline Red-Dread

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #225 on: February 3, 2021, 10:25:52 pm »

and that's exactly how it begins, please fuck off with that shite
first ever avatar..... ben(d)oak

Offline Paul_h

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #226 on: February 3, 2021, 10:25:59 pm »
shocking lack of tempo, for the first half, and much of the second
As if the team are relying on Mo to score some wonder goal, and we can go all go home early..points in the bag.

We got mugged again by park the bus.
seemed Brighton could waltz through our midfield whenever they wanted. With no urgency on our part..
total Rethink needed

thought Jones/Ox would have featured more in this game

Offline Circa1892

• Real Madrid 0 - 1 Liverpool - Parc des Princes, 27th May 1981 Remember?... About as intimidating as Bambi.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #227 on: February 3, 2021, 10:26:16 pm »
Worth remembering that we were without Alisson, Matip, VVD, Gomez, Keita, Fabinho, Mane and Jota tonight.

8 players who would have started.

Put your anger in a little perspective folks. 

Granted it’s a long injury list - but what formation are we playing there....

Offline Gray Hamster

• Not bong eyed but quite fond of little furry things.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #228 on: February 3, 2021, 10:26:17 pm »
Every big club should be looking at him - they’re incredibly well coached
Would have like to see how well they would do against our best 11

Offline WorldChampions

• Charlie uniform november tango fan...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #229 on: February 3, 2021, 10:26:23 pm »
Missed the fans so much.

Fans in that stadium wont let those players play like that.

That's the nail on the head. The team clearly can't get themselves up for games against the so called smaller teams without a crowd.

Disappointing and you'd hope as professionals it wouldn't be the case but unfortunately it clearly is.

Offline swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #230 on: February 3, 2021, 10:26:29 pm »
Absolutely awful. 1 point out of 6 against Brighton in a season is just not acceptable.
League now over for us, may as well cheer City on for another meaningless championship.

Ox & Origi coming on offered nothing at all. Origi didn't even touch the ball for about 5 minutes at a time.

1 SHOT ON TARGET at home. And I can't even remember that shot on target. Awful.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #231 on: February 3, 2021, 10:26:33 pm »
Bissouma anyway, let’s get that lad signed up. Destroyed our supposed super midfield
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Geppvindh's

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #232 on: February 3, 2021, 10:26:38 pm »
Bissouma absolutely bossed the middle of the park, especially Wijnaldum. I'm a huge Gini fan but today was a typical display under these circumstances from him. If his role was to protect the middle of the park, keep the ball and recycle possession quickly, he did none of that.

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #233 on: February 3, 2021, 10:26:45 pm »
Top 4 will be the challenge for the season with a decent run in the CL. 

We can say what we like about injuries but those that did start were collectively not good enough.  Lacking in desire, energy and ideas.

Well played Brighton. 
We are Loyal Supporters

Offline redalways

• ...so needs a pair of clean knickers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #234 on: February 3, 2021, 10:26:55 pm »
LFC need the crowd. It is definitely true.

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #235 on: February 3, 2021, 10:27:05 pm »

3rd post

Bit obvious
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline Red Dane

• Kopite
  • Probinate nobis similibusque
« Reply #236 on: February 3, 2021, 10:27:19 pm »
Not beaten in 68 games at Anfield. Now we have lost two in a row to two top teams; Burnley and Brighton. Good night!
Every power draws its ultimate consequences at every moment. Supposing that this also is only interpretation-and you will be eager enough to make this objection?-well, so much the better. (Nietzsche; Beyond Good & Evil, p. 30-31).

Online Beninger

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #237 on: February 3, 2021, 10:27:22 pm »
And a step back. They were just waiting to counter our toothless attack.

Offline MJD-L4

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Mellor, lovely cushioned header...For GERRAAARD!"
« Reply #238 on: February 3, 2021, 10:27:39 pm »
We needed a lot more from the starting players tonight. A few posters have mentioned we didn't start brightly. We had absolutely nothing on the bench that could change the game for us so we really needed to start with a bang.

I think we're out of the title race completely if we lose to City on Sunday so I'd like to see Klopp revert to some of the heavy metal football we saw in his first two seasons where we'd blow teams away after half an hour.

Online wemmick

• Legacy Fan
  • "Do it half-assed. That's the American Way!"
« Reply #239 on: February 3, 2021, 10:27:41 pm »
The sad part is the young fringe players have done fairly well this season. The senior players have let them down badly.