Author Topic: PL: Liverpool 0 v 1 Brighton Alzate 55’  (Read 35550 times)

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
PL: Liverpool 0 v 1 Brighton Alzate 55’
« on: February 3, 2021, 07:17:48 pm »

Officials:

Referee: Kevin Friend
Assistants: Simon Beck, Adrian Holmes
Fourth official: Paul Tierney
VAR: Simon Hooper
Assistant VAR: Derek Eaton

Well here I am again with back to back pre-match threads.

Well what did you think of our display against West Ham? To be honest I thought it would have been a difficult game but we really turned on the style.

Glad to say that these two have made up.

I loved the way that Milner was annoyed at being taken off. That’s the kinda passion that we need.

Ok so who are we playing…...Brighton and Hove Albion who are currently just above the relegation zone.

They are on a small mini-run (just like us) and have 8 points from their last 5 games which is actually better than we have.

Brighton may have just put Mourinho’s job under pressure and it is possible that unless things improve soon he’ll be gone.

I thought we were a bit lack-lustre in the first half against West Ham but we burst into life as soon as Jones came on. Phillips and Henderson had great games and I expect both to start.

Salah was on fire and the ball from Shaqiri for his 2nd was excellent but then the control and dink were out of this world.

Do you think Shaqiri will start? I wouldn’t mind seeing him start and if he is fit then bring Mane on later. I think Milner will get a rest and Jones will start.

It was great to see Gini score as he seems to love playing and his smile lights up Anfield.

Would I start Origi again up front? Maybe and give Firmino another rest on the bench and bring him on to weave his magic later. I know most people will not agree but I would like to keep Bobby as fresh as possible against City.

So the only change I would make to the starting line-up would be to swap Jones in for Milner.

Oh and this guy has been fantastic all season and rarely has a bad game so this is just to acknowledge his contribution.

Will Ben Davies be available and if so would you play him with Phillips and move Henderson into midfield?
Klopp may give Davies a couple of training sessions so he can adapt to our style?
Personally I think we’ll see Phillips and Henderson play together for a while and Davies will be on the bench.

Breaking news: we could have signed Ozan Kabak on loan and if so then he starts?
Sorry if this is just a rumour but it seems to be quite a strong one.
By the time I post this thread things may have changed.
Best keep any discussion of this to the transfer thread until any deals are completed.

Over to you.........
« Last Edit: February 3, 2021, 09:28:42 pm by TepidT2O »
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: PL: Liverpool v Brighton
« Reply #1 on: February 3, 2021, 07:19:22 pm »

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #2 on: February 3, 2021, 08:15:43 pm »
0 and Brighton get us underway as the mighty reds attack the Anfield Road end in the first half.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: February 3, 2021, 08:18:17 pm »
3 lovely diagonal ball over the back 4 by Henderson.

Salah takes it first time, advances  and then shoots over.

Good good chance that . 
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: February 3, 2021, 08:19:03 pm »
You get the impression he thought he may have been offside.

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: February 3, 2021, 08:20:14 pm »
5 Milner down after a ball hits him hard on the right muscle.. could end up going dead.. let’s hope not.
W

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: February 3, 2021, 08:20:59 pm »
6 a curled shot from 25 yards is easily taken by Kelleher
W

Online Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
PL: Liverpool v Brighton
« Reply #7 on: February 3, 2021, 08:22:05 pm »
Nice one touch football by the Reds - pity it eventually went nowhere

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: February 3, 2021, 08:24:18 pm »
9 25 passes more?

Nice move by the reds.  TAA plays a ball inside their full back which Mo can’t quite get on the end of

Nice
W

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: February 3, 2021, 08:26:36 pm »
11 good press from Brighton to stop us getting out.

Can they keep it up though?
W

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: February 3, 2021, 08:26:57 pm »
They are pressing quite aggressively against us at times.

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: February 3, 2021, 08:29:15 pm »
14 Mo turns their full back inside out.

Puts a cross onto the edge of the 6 yard area, but it’s cleared

Good.
W

Online Rush 82

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: February 3, 2021, 08:29:35 pm »
So nearly in business there- good football all round

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: February 3, 2021, 08:30:23 pm »
Over to Jill
W

Online Rush 82

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: February 3, 2021, 08:31:15 pm »
Solid again by Nat - regulation but solid nonetheless

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: February 3, 2021, 08:31:23 pm »
15 A bit of pressure for Brighton, but after a few balls around the box they foul Trent.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: February 3, 2021, 08:33:13 pm »
17 Brighton are really trying to make the pitch as wide as possible when they have possession. We can't quite get a hold of the ball.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: February 3, 2021, 08:35:14 pm »
19 We get a free kick, the ball goes in but they deal with the ball initially. Thiago then puts the ball back in, but Milner can't get there.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: February 3, 2021, 08:37:38 pm »
21 Another free kick for us after Shaq is fouled. The ball goes in but again, Brighton clear. We're not putting the ball in that well at the moment.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: February 3, 2021, 08:39:30 pm »
23 Brighton get a chance, which luckily they put over the bar though the linesman has put his flag up.

Online Rush 82

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: February 3, 2021, 08:39:49 pm »
Feels like we're toying with them but we haven't had a shot on target yet.

As I wrote that Brighton split our lines and waste a rather good chance.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: February 3, 2021, 08:41:26 pm »
25 The game continues, we are unable to pass really quickly Brighton are heavily pressing us when we have the ball and forcing us back. Looks like Curtis is warming up again.

Offline BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #22 on: February 3, 2021, 08:42:15 pm »
Following the pattern of the last few home games at the moment.
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: February 3, 2021, 08:43:38 pm »
27 There just doesn't seem to be anyway through at the moment, Brighton getting so many men behind the ball and we are just being forced out wide all the time.

Online Rush 82

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: February 3, 2021, 08:43:55 pm »
Shaquiri with a nice intercept but he's in no man's land with no one to pass to

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: February 3, 2021, 08:45:42 pm »
30 Nothing new to report I am afraid all a bit of a stalemate. We are trying to get balls forward but Brighton just getting people back in place very quickly.

Over to PB3.

Offline BobPaisley3

• Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #26 on: February 3, 2021, 08:47:16 pm »
32 Free kick Brighton after a foul by Robbo. Tossed into the box and headed well over.

Offline BobPaisley3

• Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #27 on: February 3, 2021, 08:49:14 pm »
34 March fires over from just inside the area. They currently look a little bit more dangerous than we do.

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: February 3, 2021, 08:51:20 pm »
Being strangled a bit here.

Brighton executing their game plan really well so far.
W

Offline BobPaisley3

• Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #29 on: February 3, 2021, 08:51:48 pm »
36 Corner to us after Hendo tries to play Bobby in. We work it short but it drifts out after Thiago whips in a cross.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: February 3, 2021, 08:52:33 pm »
I know Hendo is good in the CB position, but we really need him in midfield there is no tempo at all in there.

Online Rush 82

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #31 on: February 3, 2021, 08:53:00 pm »
36 Corner to us after Hendo tries to play Bobby in. We work it short but it drifts out after Thiago whips in a cross.
Hah! He might have tried to whip that in I thought

Offline BobPaisley3

• Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #32 on: February 3, 2021, 08:55:11 pm »
40 Corner to us. All a bit confusing as there were two balls on the pitch. Easily dealt with by Brighton.

Online Rush 82

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #33 on: February 3, 2021, 08:55:15 pm »
Good minute of football by the refs- slick and sharp

Offline BobPaisley3

• Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #34 on: February 3, 2021, 08:56:11 pm »
41 Another corner, played short but again comes to nothing. Still no shots on target.

Online Rush 82

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: February 3, 2021, 08:57:50 pm »
Short corners obviously to deal with the giants in the Brighton defense but we need to do more with them.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #36 on: February 3, 2021, 08:58:37 pm »
Grrr, the one time we find some genuine space, we mess it up with a horrible pass.

Offline BobPaisley3

• Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #37 on: February 3, 2021, 09:00:47 pm »
45 Yellow card for Gini after a poor first touch gives the ball away. Free kick Brighton. One minute added on. Brighton play in short, it’s crossed in and headed over.

Offline BobPaisley3

• Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #38 on: February 3, 2021, 09:01:36 pm »
HT 0-0. Think Man Yoo and Burnley at home and you’re on the right lines.

Online Rush 82

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #39 on: February 3, 2021, 09:01:44 pm »
I observe that Yellow and think of so many similar and worse that I've seen waved away this season