Author Topic: PL: Liverpool 0 v 1 Brighton Alzate 55’  (Read 36188 times)

Offline Circa1892

• Real Madrid 0 - 1 Liverpool - Parc des Princes, 27th May 1981 Remember?... About as intimidating as Bambi.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: PL: Liverpool 0 v 1 Brighton Alzate 55’
« Reply #160 on: February 3, 2021, 10:21:02 pm »
Credit to Brighton for playing out the game to their strengths, nothing like we were against spurs and west ham, but with all our injurys it really is no great surprise, I personally cannot wait till mane and jota get back, looking forward to hendo getting back into midfield and the new lads getting game time.

I’m not sure we can say not having a shot on target at home to Brighton as being “no great surprise” because Sadio and our defenders are out.

Offline Sat1

• Banned
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #161 on: February 3, 2021, 10:21:06 pm »
Embarrassing

Horrendous display, and horrendous choice of subs

Get everyone fresh for next year

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #162 on: February 3, 2021, 10:21:07 pm »
Meh! Deserved what we got.  Our season has been fucked with  major injures.

Offline KevLFC

• Doesn't know the offside laws
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #163 on: February 3, 2021, 10:21:11 pm »
Whats the rules on goalies with the ball in their hands for a kick? I watched the clock at one point and the Brighton keeper took 10 seconds to take it. It wasn't the only time too.

Offline Cormack Snr

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #164 on: February 3, 2021, 10:21:17 pm »
It will be 81 all over again , 5th and European Cup. Not in Paris is it. Our best eleven on their day carried us for three years. Everyone else are second division players at best..

Offline lgvkarlos

• Finnished with his shit punnery now.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #165 on: February 3, 2021, 10:21:19 pm »
That was fairly atrocious. We should be beating Brighton. No excuses.

But Mane and Ali on top of everything else? I'm not sure how much shit one team is meant to eat in one season. 
And still our 11 is two tiers ahead of theirs.

Offline McSquared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #166 on: February 3, 2021, 10:21:20 pm »
The whole get it to the fullbacks thing has been worked out.

We didn’t even do that

Offline silly foreigner

• Boys Pen
« Reply #167 on: February 3, 2021, 10:21:26 pm »
This Potter lad might be worth considering

Online Fruity

• Batty. Box clever. Can weather all lifts. May in fact be Robbie Rotten.
  • Legacy Fan
  • a fruit is not just for christmas...
« Reply #168 on: February 3, 2021, 10:21:29 pm »
Firstly I thought Brighton were superb. If they had a decent goalscorer I think they would be a lot further up the table. If anything they looked more like getting the 2nd then we did of scoring.

Tempo was shite from the off. Two wins in a row so why not get at them early, confidence should be high. But we just made it way too comfortable for Brighton. Don't know if the players are thinking about Sunday instead but we only slightly lifted the tempo once brighton scored.

Firmino has been great last two games but when he is not at it we are really missing something in attack.

Disappointing. It's the hope that kills you.
alf a pound of braeburns!

Offline richmiller1

• No! We will not let you go, let him go!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #169 on: February 3, 2021, 10:21:41 pm »
Another opponent that just wanted it more.

Nice as he is being about them in public, Klopp must be concerned. He worked so hard to build the winning culture, seeing players just not looking arsed must be killing him.

Offline Gray Hamster

• Not bong eyed but quite fond of little furry things.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #170 on: February 3, 2021, 10:21:44 pm »
Any reason why milner played the full 90 mins. Was it anything to do with the West ham sub? He absolutely stunk out the place (well most players did tbf) but the fact that we're leaving a 35 year old man who's started the last 4 league games out there for 90 mins is baffling
I don’t think he played bad, he just had absolutely zero cutting edge in attacking play.   

Offline Sharado

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #171 on: February 3, 2021, 10:21:53 pm »
Missed the fans so much.

Fans in that stadium wont let those players play like that.

Yep. Not just at home but away as well.
Football, like life, isn't about getting what you want or even deserve. It's about appreciating what you have.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #172 on: February 3, 2021, 10:21:54 pm »
The other day I told the missus we’d signed two center backs and she didn’t know what a center back was. Literally didn’t know what football positions were. Today she said ‘why does he keep kicking the ball there?’ with the crosses against 4 giants. She literally didn’t know what a center back was and even she fucking gets it
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Geppvindh's

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #173 on: February 3, 2021, 10:22:12 pm »
At the moment Salah is our only genuine goal threat. He's the only one turning up to put the ball in the net game after game, or at least be in positions to take chances. I have no locus to criticise him for missing those chances. There's literally zero contribution to consistent goalscoring this season apart from Jota, who I can't wait to come back.

The first half with Shaqiri on the left was one of the weirdest tactical decisions I've seen from Klopp. He does absolutely nothing when boxed in on his left foot with no room to cut in or spray passes to the opposite flank. I was skeptical of the setup right from the get go, we had nobody suited to play left forward in the starting line up and wished we started with someone like Jones, or even Origi.

Wijnaldum stank the place out, he always does in these games. I would have conserved him for the City game and started Jones, but that's me and I'm a nobody.

Online keano7

• Legacy Fan
  • Alonso follows it in!
« Reply #174 on: February 3, 2021, 10:22:18 pm »
The whole get it to the fullbacks thing has been worked out.
Different ball game when you have Virgil, Joe, Hendo and Fabinho to bail you out if we lose possession further up the pitch.
"Can't wait for this one me mates picking me up in a van"

Offline iamnant

• ...call me Adam
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bob Mortimer stan account
« Reply #175 on: February 3, 2021, 10:22:21 pm »
All credit to Brighton - they were a properly drilled unit from the get go.

Unfortunately, you could see that result and performance coming a mile off after the first 10 or so minutes. As as soon as they packed the box and we were playing safe, sideways passes with no one making any runs, you just knew we'd get back into the previous ruts.

We look like a Ferrari with a flat battery.
"If anyone at my funeral has a long face, I'll never speak to them again."
Stan Laurel

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #176 on: February 3, 2021, 10:22:23 pm »

For what exactly?
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #177 on: February 3, 2021, 10:22:23 pm »
What’s the point of a midfield like that? We know it’s going to be us against a low block. What are Milner and Gini EVER going to do in a game like that? It’s so pointless. Might be ok if the fullbacks were creative machines like they have been for a while now but given they’re not and given our forwards are blowing hot and very, very cold right now, we really, really, really need more from midfield. Thiago did more of all the things than Milner and Gini combined.

Offline Shaneee.

• Siannn's alter ego
  • Anny Roader
  • Y N W A
« Reply #178 on: February 3, 2021, 10:22:25 pm »
We literally have no attackers off the bench.

You'll Never Walk Alone

Offline Gaz75

• Kopite
« Reply #179 on: February 3, 2021, 10:22:38 pm »
Bayond pathetic. As bad as anything we've seen in a decade if not more performance wise. I'd love to have been a fly on the wall in the dressing room at half time. We came out for the second half and literally nothing changed. Not a single thing. I know we have injuries, but we still had more talent on the pitch than Brighton.

Well done Brighton. They deserved that 100%. Focus on the top four and go all out in the Champions League now.
yeah we actually came out worse in the second half, Brighton deserved to win tonight, is this season nearly over yet? :butt

Offline lgvkarlos

• Finnished with his shit punnery now.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #180 on: February 3, 2021, 10:22:39 pm »
Whats the rules on goalies with the ball in their hands for a kick? I watched the clock at one point and the Brighton keeper took 10 seconds to take it. It wasn't the only time too.
You really wanted to watch more of that, we were never scoring tonight.

Online Oskar

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #181 on: February 3, 2021, 10:22:55 pm »
No complaints.

The team has lost some of its spark and the squad needs a bit of a refresh - it happens to every great team and ours looks at risk of stagnating now. Wijnaldum likely going is a good opportunity to freshen things up in the summer, it’s time the likes of Origi and Shaqiri are moved on as well and replaced with some fresh impetus and genuine quality/competition for some of our regulars.

Plus point is we have a reliable backup GK now in Kelleher, every time he’s been called upon this season he’s performed. Hopefully Jota coming back soon and the two new CBs give us a bit of a boost over the next few weeks so we can generate some momentum to get us through the rest of the season. Think Curtis Jones needs another run in the team as well now.

Priority has to be top four now, forget about the title.

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #182 on: February 3, 2021, 10:22:58 pm »
0-1.
This was awful. We passed it around and there was zero threat. Brighton had the better chances. Fair play to them, but this was on us. We had the ball, it was up to us to do something creative and we came up with nothing. Henderson, at CB, was the most likely one to create. It was so toothless that I hoped Klopp would bring on Davies for Milner so Hemderson could move to CM.

It always hurts to lose and it's easy to draw too many conclusions. But right now it feels like the title is gone. We can't beat the bottom half sides and that will hurt our chances. Basically you need 25+ wins to battle for the title. We have 11 with 16 games to go. It will take a miracle for us to be up there. Shame, but we need to get our act together and give it our best. Tonight wasn't anywhere close.

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #183 on: February 3, 2021, 10:23:00 pm »
We could have played another 5 hours and wouldn’t have scored.
The most annoying thing was letting their cross come over for their goal. I think it was Gini who jogged over and then waved his foot at the ball instead of busting a gut to stop the cross. They were a bit lucky with the goal as it could easily have spun wide (like Firmino’s shot).

However if you cannot score goals in over 5 hours at home then something is wrong.

Too many players looked clueless tonight and only about 4 seemed to try; yes they were all trying but it sometimes looked slow and laboured.

Forget about finishing in the top 3 if we continue to play that way.
#JFT97

Offline Sir Psycho Sexy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #184 on: February 3, 2021, 10:23:01 pm »
Injuries or no, we have Salah, Firmino (who I really think is probably going to need to move on after this season), Thiago, Gini, TAA and Robbo. The bones of a title winning team, starting in midfield and attack.

Defence is dodgy I can accept, but how are we struggling to create any decent chances.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #185 on: February 3, 2021, 10:23:01 pm »
Worth remembering that we were without Alisson, Matip, VVD, Gomez, Keita, Fabinho, Mane and Jota tonight.

8 players who would have started.

Put your anger in a little perspective folks. 
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #186 on: February 3, 2021, 10:23:20 pm »
For what exactly?
A book and film series.
AHA!

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #187 on: February 3, 2021, 10:23:21 pm »
And now have our toughest stretch of the season coming up

Good!

For whatever reason they seem far more capable of playing good teams
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline koptommy93

• Legacy Fan
  • @tharris113
« Reply #188 on: February 3, 2021, 10:23:30 pm »
top 4 is everything now. Think we will manage it but it'll be close.
I for one welcome our new insect overloads

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #189 on: February 3, 2021, 10:23:40 pm »
Maybe we can muster up some desire in the Champions League, but otherwise I’m ready for this season to end. Everything about it is pretty shit to be honest. Brighton wanted it more tonight, and it really showed.

The players look tired, they don’t have any belief, there is no hunger.

Origi shouldn’t be playing for us anymore. People love the idea of Shaqiri being the answer to all of our problems but he’s shown again why he hardly plays for us. A 35 year old Milner shouldn’t be playing three games in a week for us. Oxlade-Chamberlain clearly not trusted. Thiago struggles when the players ahead of him are so static - why is every forward pass by him miscontrolled? It’s really weird.

We’ve had an awful time with injuries but we can’t use that as an excuse tonight. It’s was a drab display.

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #190 on: February 3, 2021, 10:23:41 pm »
Car crash of a season.

Awful luck with injuries and VAR, one bad selection after another from Klopp, owners stalling when we needed the momentum of signings earlier in the window, complete lack of quality and ideas against bus parkers without fans and hunger.

Just get top four and go again next season with a small rebuild.

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #191 on: February 3, 2021, 10:23:42 pm »
Genuinely struggling to remember a worse run of performances at Anfield.  4 games, 1 goal, which was scored early in the first of those four games, and not looked like scoring since.  I don’t remember a keeper having to make a good, let alone great, save in any of those games.

3 of those teams are in the bottom 6.  The opposition have barely missed a block or a tackle in those four games, but that’s because it’s been really quite easy for them.

From fortress Anfield to this.  It’s a worry. We know how teams are going to play, strange that we just keep doing the same thing all game every game.

Online rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #192 on: February 3, 2021, 10:23:45 pm »
That might be the worst of the lot

Shit line up, rank tactics, awful subs. Firmino dreadful, Shaqiri dreadful, Thiago absolutely nothing, Gini appalling, Phillips terrible, Robbo terrible, Milner diabolical. Origi and Ox utterly horrific when they came on.

Feel for Mo, Hendo and Kelleher

I love mo but find it hard to feel for him after tonight when that sitter ends up defining the game

How your giving Phillips shit I’m Not sure mind
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline QC

• rawks Lionel Hutz, ambulance chaser.Sucks up to the wrong type of Mod.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #193 on: February 3, 2021, 10:23:46 pm »
Injuries or no, we have Salah, Firmino (who I really think is probably going to need to move on after this season), Thiago, Gini, TAA and Robbo. The bones of a title winning team, starting in midfield and attack.

Defence is dodgy I can accept, but how are we struggling to create any decent chances.

I have a strong feeling this is Firminos last season with us

Offline Circa1892

• Real Madrid 0 - 1 Liverpool - Parc des Princes, 27th May 1981 Remember?... About as intimidating as Bambi.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #194 on: February 3, 2021, 10:23:48 pm »
Weird how Jones has fallen down the pecking order slightly. I don’t know if the problem is him and Thiago in the same midfield - but starting a 35 year old 4 times in 13 days seems... bold.

Kelleher played well. Everyone else shite.

Offline robgomm

• He just can't get enough of Luis Suarez.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #195 on: February 3, 2021, 10:24:00 pm »
Ahh seeing Solly March go off, one of the many players run into the ground during this stupid season.

They deserved to win but realistically our league season has been determined by injuries. We just have to keep plugging away and seek the top three. Games like tonight where there is a loss of energy and few realistic options to change things and worse, of course, no fans to help you out. Shouldn't be playing football during this lockdown but here we are and you have to not get too down or treat it as though it really matters.

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #196 on: February 3, 2021, 10:24:01 pm »
Brighton never got out of first gear, an easy day at the office for them.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #197 on: February 3, 2021, 10:24:02 pm »
Worth remembering that we were without Alisson, Matip, VVD, Gomez, Keita, Fabinho, Mane and Jota tonight.

8 players who would have started.

Put your anger in a little perspective folks.

;D
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #198 on: February 3, 2021, 10:24:08 pm »
What’s the point of a midfield like that? We know it’s going to be us against a low block. What are Milner and Gini EVER going to do in a game like that? It’s so pointless. Might be ok if the fullbacks were creative machines like they have been for a while now but given they’re not and given our forwards are blowing hot and very, very cold right now, we really, really, really need more from midfield. Thiago did more of all the things than Milner and Gini combined.

Well said. Makes no sense, and that performance was pitiful.
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline Sharado

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #199 on: February 3, 2021, 10:24:14 pm »
Me when I'm playing Quidditch.

Football, like life, isn't about getting what you want or even deserve. It's about appreciating what you have.