Author Topic: The Joe Biden Presidency Thread - 46th President of the United States  (Read 174417 times)

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: The Joe Biden Presidency Thread - 46th President of the United States
« Reply #1840 on: April 17, 2023, 02:16:17 pm »
I don't blame him. I wouldn't celebrate being English either. Thank gawd I'm Scouse!
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #1841 on: April 17, 2023, 02:37:49 pm »
All these people using the selfie with Adams to have a pop at Biden, where were they?

« Last Edit: April 17, 2023, 02:39:21 pm by Black Bull Nova »
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1842 on: April 17, 2023, 03:28:16 pm »
All these people using the selfie with Adams to have a pop at Biden, where were they?
I'll volunteer myself here as one of the people thinking Biden live-action role playing around the week of the GFA anniversary was embarrassing and juvenile.

None of those people share my politics/are political allies that I'm aware of. And there's a difference between official meet and greets, and seeking each other out for a joyous selfie (and stirring up divisive bollocks like the black and tan comment, merely to entertain himself gratuitously - as lots of the plastic irish in the states embarrass themselves with).

Biden is a twat for celebrating that silly gangster - but we know a lot of americans are into this silliness despite being so far removed from being irish (especially compared to most brits). the zeal (and ignorance) of the 'convert'. always remember my parents telling me about the collection pots going round the base of the World Trade Centre for the real IRA when they visited in the early 90s. Hilariously (gallows-wise) heard of the same still going on post 9-11 in Irish pubs in NYC.

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1843 on: April 17, 2023, 03:38:36 pm »
I'll volunteer myself here as one of the people thinking Biden live-action role playing around the week of the GFA anniversary was embarrassing and juvenile.

None of those people share my politics/are political allies that I'm aware of. And there's a difference between official meet and greets, and seeking each other out for a joyous selfie (and stirring up divisive bollocks like the black and tan comment, merely to entertain himself gratuitously - as lots of the plastic irish in the states embarrass themselves with).

Biden is a twat for celebrating that silly gangster - but we know a lot of americans are into this silliness despite being so far removed from being irish (especially compared to most brits). the zeal (and ignorance) of the 'convert'. always remember my parents telling me about the collection pots going round the base of the World Trade Centre for the real IRA when they visited in the early 90s. Hilariously (gallows-wise) heard of the same still going on post 9-11 in Irish pubs in NYC.

'The Chuckle Brothers'

Paisley soft-pedaled their past disputes, which he characterized as nothing more than “squabbles” and saying they were now on the same side

« Last Edit: April 17, 2023, 03:42:34 pm by Black Bull Nova »
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1844 on: April 17, 2023, 04:21:17 pm »
I'm afraid you've lost me, I can't work out what point you're making

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1845 on: April 17, 2023, 04:34:05 pm »
I think there's loads of people who get upset when they see people talking to Adams, I can understand it. Seems like the most vociferous Unionist of the troubles had few problems in enjoying himself in the company of former terrorists though, plus many others.
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #1846 on: April 17, 2023, 04:36:58 pm »
I think there's loads of people who get upset when they see people talking to Adams, I can understand it. Seems like the most vociferous Unionist of the troubles had few problems in enjoying himself in the company of former terrorists though, plus many others.

There were probably as many 'loyalist' terrorists as there were IRA. Paisley and his fellow bowler-hatted bigots were thick as thieves with them.
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline Indomitable_Carp

• Asterixophile
  • Legacy Fan
  • From the depths of Sevvy Park lake
« Reply #1847 on: April 17, 2023, 04:40:31 pm »
That's true, although I am not sure many people outside Unionist Northern Ireland and self-proclaimed "Loyalists" in England and Scotland have positive views of Paisley. He was an outwardly dislikable guy until the very end. On the other hand, Adams has managed to reinvent his image in a way that rubs a lot of people up the wrong way (including even his former comrades)

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1848 on: April 17, 2023, 05:45:01 pm »
It's nice to have a normal president again, who only has ordinary controversies, isn't it? :)
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Online oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1849 on: April 17, 2023, 06:26:59 pm »
It's nice to have a normal president again, who only has ordinary controversies, isn't it? :)
That's how I look at it as well. refusing to vote for sleepy Joe. he's senile.
Ohh piss off.
Choice is between a president who has the countrys best interests at heart or a corrupt incompetent fascist racist psychopathic traitor who is willing to tear his country in half, willing to set the mob onto anyone who opposes him.
Chris Bryant

It feels as if the major from Fawlty Towers has taken over the Tory campaign.
10:42 PM · May 25, 2024
·

Offline jambutty

• The Gok Wan of RAWK. Tripespotting Advocate. Oakley style guru. Hardman St. arl arse, "Ridiculously cool" -Atko- Impending U.S. Civil War Ostrich. Too old to suffer wankers and WUMs on here.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • June 20, 2009. Still no justice for Neda
« Reply #1850 on: April 17, 2023, 07:45:36 pm »
Choice is between a president who has the countrys best interests at heart or a completely corrupt fascist racist psychopathic traitor who is willing to tear his country in half, willing to set the mob onto anyone who opposes him.

^^^^^
« Last Edit: April 17, 2023, 07:47:24 pm by jambutty »
Kill the humourless

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #1851 on: April 25, 2023, 11:10:44 am »
He's announced he will stand for a second term

This could be a disaster for the Democrats. He'd be 86 by the end of a second term - if he makes it that far. He's already struggling at times. Gives the Repugs such an easy attack line.

A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Online Libertine

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing behind me, everything ahead of me
« Reply #1852 on: April 25, 2023, 11:16:06 am »
He's announced he will stand for a second term

This could be a disaster for the Democrats. He'd be 86 by the end of a second term - if he makes it that far. He's already struggling at times. Gives the Repugs such an easy attack line.

They'd have attack lines regardless of who runs. And there is no real alternative emerging right now.

He was old and doddery enough in 2020, but still managed to beat Trump by 7m votes. So it's probably baked into voters impressions already.

If a new and superficially attractive Republican emerged, he could be in trouble. But I think he's strong favourite to beat Trump or De Santis - assuming of course that he maintains his current physical/mental state.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #1853 on: April 25, 2023, 11:16:12 am »
This feels like a really bad idea.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline jambutty

• The Gok Wan of RAWK. Tripespotting Advocate. Oakley style guru. Hardman St. arl arse, "Ridiculously cool" -Atko- Impending U.S. Civil War Ostrich. Too old to suffer wankers and WUMs on here.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1854 on: April 25, 2023, 11:28:33 am »
USA loves a winner, hates a loser.
Kill the humourless

Offline stevensr123

• bedwetter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1855 on: April 25, 2023, 11:29:02 am »
An 80 year old who can hardly speak and is clearly on the mental decline..ridiculous really how the Democratic Party has no other takers. Should be newsom - hopefully it will be.

Not saying he is a bad person or anything, but the guy can’t string a sentence together and for people who say he has a stutter and that is why - look at videos just 6 years ago. This is an ill and old person, and his mental capacity is going to get worse by the year.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2023, 11:32:44 am by stevensr123 »
PUSSY cat, PUSSY cat, I love you,  yes I do.......

Offline jambutty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Kill the humourless

Offline jambutty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1857 on: April 25, 2023, 11:45:11 am »
Should be newsom - hopefully it will be.

Winner: Trump.

Newsom married Guilfoyle and dated a Chinese spy.

GTFOH
« Last Edit: April 25, 2023, 12:02:41 pm by jambutty »
Kill the humourless

Offline surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1858 on: April 25, 2023, 11:51:02 am »
How is there not a hungry replacement pushing their case among the Democrats.

He has done a decent job and his hires have returned the US to competence. The Democrat led USA, for all their issues, are the biggest  and most important defence against global fascism and right wing horror, not to mention being the world's financial centre. Ukraine would've probably  ceased to exist months ago if Trump were president.

They're setting the path for the world,  not  just the country. I like and rate Biden but you're betting on an 80 year old to last years with faculties and physical health intact. Is the Democrat's analysis - any other candidate reduces the chance of electoral success too much?

Online KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #1859 on: April 25, 2023, 11:58:23 am »
Not much of a choice to be honest. He’s proven he can beat Trump and as we’ve seen it is not simply a case of “anybody but” Trump for voters. Trump does bring out the vote for both sides though. He thinks he’s loved but doesn’t understand that he’s loathed by more. It’ll probably come down to how the economy is doing and that , unless the president is the kind of moron who starts a protectionist trade war, is a lottery. Trump got very lucky until covid came along, Biden has had to deal with the worldwide inflation.
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Offline stevensr123

• bedwetter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1860 on: April 25, 2023, 12:12:44 pm »
Winner: Trump.

Newsom married Guilfoyle and dated a Chinese spy.

GTFOH
biden has a way bigger past than newsom. The fact you brought up someone he married as a case against him instead of his policies and political aptitude, and basically general all around health says it all. Biden can’t even speak ffs. It’s time to bring in fresh blood.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #1861 on: April 25, 2023, 12:17:32 pm »
biden has a way bigger past than newsom. The fact you brought up someone he married as a case against him instead of his policies and political aptitude, and basically general all around health says it all. Biden can’t even speak ffs. It’s time to bring in fresh blood.

Such as? Curious who could actually run and win?

Online ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #1862 on: April 25, 2023, 12:25:06 pm »
Such as? Curious who could actually run and win?

why win when you can take the moral high ground by being ideologically pure
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Online KillieRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1863 on: April 25, 2023, 12:34:55 pm »
Historically it doesn’t work out well for those who challenge the incumbent presidents if their party.

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1864 on: April 25, 2023, 12:47:20 pm »
Historically it doesn’t work out well for those who challenge the incumbent presidents if their party.

It doesn't work out well for the party either - it's lose-lose. The only way someone else was going to run was if Biden chose not to.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1865 on: April 25, 2023, 12:53:41 pm »
Having an 84 year old president would be lunacy, for any country. It’s a thing in banana republics, that’s about it. The job makes somebody old quickly, let alone an old man doing it for 8 years. Look at comparisons for Obama before and after. He lost about 20 years off his appearance.

Offline jambutty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1866 on: April 25, 2023, 12:55:29 pm »
If you win Big Ears, you get a shot at keeping it.
Kill the humourless

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1867 on: April 25, 2023, 12:56:18 pm »
Having an 84 year old president would be lunacy, for any country. It’s a thing in banana republics, that’s about it. The job makes somebody old quickly, let alone an old man doing it for 8 years. Look at comparisons for Obama before and after. He lost about 20 years off his appearance.

While that may all be true, who do you get to run instead though? Do they Democrats have any good candidates to put up?

Online Corkboy

• Sworn enemy of Bottlegirl. The Boston Toilet Mangler. Grauniad of the Cidatel. Into kinky S&M with the Lash.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Is it getting better?
« Reply #1868 on: April 25, 2023, 12:57:22 pm »
An 80 year old who can hardly speak and is clearly on the mental decline..ridiculous really how the Democratic Party has no other takers. Should be newsom - hopefully it will be.

Not saying he is a bad person or anything, but the guy can’t string a sentence together and for people who say he has a stutter and that is why - look at videos just 6 years ago. This is an ill and old person, and his mental capacity is going to get worse by the year.

If you watched him at all during his recent Ireland visit, you wouldn't be saying that. They couldn't shut him up most of the time.

Online KillieRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1869 on: April 25, 2023, 12:59:09 pm »
A lot of that is projection from his well documented speech impediment. They obviously didn’t listen to the slurring and sniffing of Trump very closely if they think he has some kind of neurological advantage.

Offline stevensr123

• bedwetter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1870 on: April 25, 2023, 01:02:57 pm »
If you watched him at all during his recent Ireland visit, you wouldn't be saying that. They couldn't shut him up most of the time.
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2023/apr/13/white-house-corrects-black-and-tans-to-all-blacks-after-biden-gaffe

You serious?

Offline jambutty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1871 on: April 25, 2023, 01:03:47 pm »
Biden can’t even speak ffs.

You'd rather listen to Chump droning ad nauseum?

Choose your destructor!
Kill the humourless

Offline stevensr123

• bedwetter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1872 on: April 25, 2023, 01:04:17 pm »
A lot of that is projection from his well documented speech impediment. They obviously didn’t listen to the slurring and sniffing of Trump very closely if they think he has some kind of neurological advantage.
maté seriously, look at him doing interviews 6 years ago, he is clearly on the mental decline. It’s not a speech impediment.

Offline stevensr123

• bedwetter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1873 on: April 25, 2023, 01:05:43 pm »
You'd rather listen to Chump droning ad nauseum?

Choose your destructor!
no, the fallacy people are making is it should be trump vs biden again. Instead of actually getting of getting competent , who can actually speak and is more in touch with Americans.

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1874 on: April 25, 2023, 01:06:18 pm »
no, the fallacy people are making is it should be trump vs biden again. Instead of actually getting of getting competent , who can actually speak and is more in touch with Americans.

Such as?

Online KillieRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1875 on: April 25, 2023, 01:10:14 pm »
Newsom is clearly one for the future, but he won’t move against Biden.
Harris is a bust.
Buttegieg has impressed taking it to Fox. He maybe being groomed for the future too?
Sanders and Warren are probably too old too.
Cuomo I think was on track, but we know how that went.

Who does that leave?

Offline stevensr123

• bedwetter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1876 on: April 25, 2023, 01:10:56 pm »
Such as?
anyone, just not a guy who can’t speak and is on the verge of mental collapse. Ffs how are people defending his mental capacity when he can’t string a sentence together and keeps on making bluffs. He is the leader of the free world, he seems like a good guy, but surely it should be better then Biden vs trump.

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1877 on: April 25, 2023, 01:11:56 pm »
anyone, just not a guy who can’t speak and is on the verge of mental collapse. Ffs how are people defending his mental capacity when he can’t string a sentence together and keeps on making bluffs. He is the leader of the free world, he seems like a good guy, but surely it should be better then Biden vs trump.

Throw out a name bud. You say anyone, who realistically can beat heir c*nt?

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1878 on: April 25, 2023, 01:12:36 pm »

I can understand wanting someone to challenge Biden, despite it historically being damaging for the party and the individual, if you have an outstanding candidate in mind.

But you cna't even name one.

Offline stevensr123

• bedwetter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1879 on: April 25, 2023, 01:16:22 pm »
I can understand wanting someone to challenge Biden, despite it historically being damaging for the party and the individual, if you have an outstanding candidate in mind.

But you cna't even name one.
newsom.

People are acting like Biden is the only hope. He only won because even old school republicans hate trump.  Polling suggests most Democrats don’t want Biden to run again, how is that going to do for turnout?