Author Topic: Kostas Tsimikas  (Read 252243 times)

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
Re: Kostas Tsimikas
« Reply #1360 on: March 21, 2022, 11:59:29 am »
Actually didn't think he played particularly well yesterday (not that anyone really did). But as with Jota, all you need is that moment of quality and it was a tremendous cross.

In context of his previous performances this season, I agree. Still think it was overall decent though, was fairly solid defensively and provided an option out wide.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline nfletcher23

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1361 on: March 21, 2022, 12:06:32 pm »
Might be an unpopular opinion this but he just reminds me of Moreno so much unfortunately, very rash and dives in but then produces some brilliant balls in (actually not sure if Moreno did that), I like him as back up but yeah I’m not 100% convinced on him
« Last Edit: March 21, 2022, 12:15:00 pm by nfletcher23 »

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1362 on: March 21, 2022, 12:11:47 pm »
Might be an unpopular opinion this but he just reminds me of Moreno so much unfortunately, very rash and dives in but then produces some brilliant balls in (actually not sure if Moreno did that), I like him as back up but yeah I’m not 10000% convinced on him

Luckily, you only need to be 100.

Offline nfletcher23

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1363 on: March 21, 2022, 12:15:44 pm »
Luckily, you only need to be 100.

That’s great then, edited  ;D

Offline mallin9

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1364 on: March 21, 2022, 04:05:59 pm »
Might be an unpopular opinion this but he just reminds me of Moreno so much unfortunately, very rash and dives in but then produces some brilliant balls in (actually not sure if Moreno did that), I like him as back up but yeah I’m not 100% convinced on him

Al Moreno was emphatically worse on the ball than crazy Kostas.  If Kostas is Fabio Aurelio Albert Moreno was Paul Konchesky, both guys did exactly one thing well (and for Konchesky it was sucking).  Moreno did one thing well; he was fucking lightning fast.  Crazy Kostas is a well-rounded player.
You'll Never Walk Alone

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #1365 on: March 21, 2022, 07:14:12 pm »
He got a new one of both his dogs as well as all the Greek mythology stuff! Will try and find the pics later.

Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1366 on: March 21, 2022, 07:17:47 pm »
And the dogs...

Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline nfletcher23

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1367 on: March 21, 2022, 08:01:32 pm »
Al Moreno was emphatically worse on the ball than crazy Kostas.  If Kostas is Fabio Aurelio Albert Moreno was Paul Konchesky, both guys did exactly one thing well (and for Konchesky it was sucking).  Moreno did one thing well; he was fucking lightning fast.  Crazy Kostas is a well-rounded player.

Jeez I forgot about Konchesky, forget what I said I love Kostas

Offline BOBSCOUSE

• Awestruck admirer of the families, YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1368 on: March 21, 2022, 09:07:54 pm »
I actually thought he had his worst game for us yesterday, mostly off with his positioning, struggled with the majority of crossing (corners were pretty horrendous all night), seemed confused with decision making which was probably down to different players in the team than he's tended to be in the side with - might also have been feeling tired, certainly looked it  :lmao

On the whole though, put it down as an off-night because the majority of his performances he's been fucking mustard and long may it continue.  Really decent player to have in the squad.
JFT96
Here comes retribution motherfuckers!

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1369 on: March 21, 2022, 09:17:29 pm »
I actually thought he had his worst game for us yesterday, mostly off with his positioning, struggled with the majority of crossing (corners were pretty horrendous all night), seemed confused with decision making which was probably down to different players in the team than he's tended to be in the side with - might also have been feeling tired, certainly looked it  :lmao

On the whole though, put it down as an off-night because the majority of his performances he's been fucking mustard and long may it continue.  Really decent player to have in the squad.

Yeah he defo had an off night, noticeable because it's prob his first for us after a really high level start. Every player has them.

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #1370 on: March 21, 2022, 09:30:23 pm »

To be fair Insomnia can have that effect on you.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #1371 on: March 21, 2022, 10:35:39 pm »

Thats a mad shout im my view. I could barely stand watching moreno, he shredded my nerves, him and Sakho  :-[

Tsimi has his moments, but he has been generally very good, never get those nerves watching him.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #1372 on: March 21, 2022, 10:46:15 pm »
Thats a mad shout im my view. I could barely stand watching moreno, he shredded my nerves, him and Sakho  :-[

Tsimi has his moments, but he has been generally very good, never get those nerves watching him.
I agree. One thing I don't get with him is why he has the tendency to come to a player and shove him with both hands instead of putting his body to use... Often gives away fouls like that, and they are so obvious.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Shanklygates

• This is not a Custom Title.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #1373 on: March 22, 2022, 09:41:57 am »
And the dogs...

They are his world, aren't they? Like kids :)
We are a team of one half.

Offline Spezialo

• Knocked out of the world cup. Should have had a pen. As if you wouldn't confront the ref.
  • Kopite
« Reply #1374 on: March 22, 2022, 01:06:00 pm »

I thought that as well at the start when we signed him.

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #1375 on: March 22, 2022, 01:14:47 pm »
Don't see this. He had a couple of mad shots on Sunday that were annoying but his general work at left back and use of the football is quite different to Moreno, I feel.

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #1376 on: March 22, 2022, 01:29:46 pm »

Personally I think Tsimikas is better positionally and defensively than Moreno was. Moreno had some good spells with us but defensively he wasn't always that solid on occasions. I'd also say Tsimikas is more of an attacking threat from left back. Moreno had a great engine and could get up and down the left wing all day. I just don't think he has/had the quality on the ball that Tsimikas has shown. Tsimikas feels like he has an assist in him every game. The quality of his delivery is generally very good from that wide left position.

I don't think Tsimikas is as good or better than Robertson but he feels closer to Robertson's level than Moreno's at Liverpool.
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1377 on: March 22, 2022, 01:44:27 pm »
Personally I think Tsimikas is better positionally and defensively than Moreno was. Moreno had some good spells with us but defensively he wasn't always that solid on occasions. I'd also say Tsimikas is more of an attacking threat from left back. Moreno had a great engine and could get up and down the left wing all day. I just don't think he has/had the quality on the ball that Tsimikas has shown. Tsimikas feels like he has an assist in him every game. The quality of his delivery is generally very good from that wide left position.

I don't think Tsimikas is as good or better than Robertson but he feels closer to Robertson's level than Moreno's at Liverpool.

Put it this way - no one says "shit" when Tsmikas plays. Indeed most say "cool".

Offline number 168

• Bootle - Aigburth Vale. Mon-Sat evenings, Sundays & Bank Holidays only. Arl fart clearly past his sell-his-season-ticket-by-date.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1378 on: March 22, 2022, 01:50:09 pm »

Fair summary. People tend to forget that until his injury, which allowed Robbo to be introduced, Moreno was playing really well and got himself into the Spain squad. Moreno had some iffy moments but he always gave 100% and actually became a very good player until Robbo took his place.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2022, 01:52:16 pm by number 168 »

Offline mallin9

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1379 on: March 22, 2022, 02:08:16 pm »
Fair summary. People tend to forget that until his injury, which allowed Robbo to be introduced, Moreno was playing really well and got himself into the Spain squad. Moreno had some iffy moments but he always gave 100% and actually became a very good player until Robbo took his place.

Yes, but...that was like five, ten matches that Moreno was in good form.  Yet he always had that howler in him, as a fan you were constantly waiting for his head to just go, poof.  That was the Moreno experience. 

As someone just said, when you see Kostas is starting it's "Oh ok, cool".  That was never, ever the reaction to Moreno.  He got in the Spain squad and he was starting for us because he's very good at football, but that howler was always only a minute away.  There was a sense of foreboding when he played, perhaps an unfair legacy of the Europa League final horrorshow, but there it is.  Not to degrade Alberto, just trying to illustrate why I really appreciate Kostas and the squad building Klopp et al have done.
You'll Never Walk Alone

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #1380 on: March 22, 2022, 02:14:42 pm »
Put it this way - no one says "shit" when Tsmikas plays. Indeed most say "cool".

"Fucking hell, Kostas!"  :D
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1381 on: March 22, 2022, 02:16:35 pm »
"Fucking hell, Kostas!"  :D

haha! he learned from it didn't he!

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #1382 on: March 22, 2022, 02:17:31 pm »
haha! he learned from it didn't he!

Milly can pretty much say whatever the fuck he wants...

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #1383 on: March 22, 2022, 02:20:21 pm »
Yes, but...that was like five, ten matches that Moreno was in good form.  Yet he always had that howler in him, as a fan you were constantly waiting for his head to just go, poof.  That was the Moreno experience. 

In 2017/18, Moreno started 12 of the 1st 14 league games plus both CL qualifiers and all 6 CL group games. It was pretty much 30% of the season, where he was generally good.

Moreno was suspect defensively on occasions. He is also at least a step or 2 down from an attacking persecutive compared to our current left backs. He ultimately wasn't good enough to be anything more than a back-up left back.

But he wasn't as calamitous defensively as some people thought he was or remember him as being. He did have a few decent spells at the club. The 2017/18 season is a reasonable example. He'd have probably kept on playing as 1st choice left back if he didn't get an ankle injury that kept him out for 2 months. It worked out well for us since Robertson came in and took the left back performances to another level.
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline redtel

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sir Roger-Scored first goal ever on MOTD.
« Reply #1384 on: March 22, 2022, 02:21:38 pm »
I’ve been looking back to last week’s game at Arsenal when Milner and Tsimikas were not named even as subs.
I thought I heard that they were both ill? Anyone confirm this?

On Sunday he didn’t play up to his normal standard and his first corner kick didn’t pass the first defender which surprised me. I was going to say he looked tired but that would be laughed at!

In any case, if he has been ill it would explain his sub normal performance as most have been excellent. His appearances have definitely galvanised Robbo who has been close to MOM in several games after looking jaded at times before Christmas.

We’ve got some excellent back ups now to strengthen the squad. It’s going to difficult to replicate Trent’s contributions to our play at RB.

We are definitely believers and we’ve won the fucking lot!

Offline mallin9

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1385 on: March 22, 2022, 03:50:09 pm »
In 2017/18, Moreno started 12 of the 1st 14 league games plus both CL qualifiers and all 6 CL group games. It was pretty much 30% of the season, where he was generally good.

Moreno was suspect defensively on occasions. He is also at least a step or 2 down from an attacking persecutive compared to our current left backs. He ultimately wasn't good enough to be anything more than a back-up left back.

But he wasn't as calamitous defensively as some people thought he was or remember him as being. He did have a few decent spells at the club. The 2017/18 season is a reasonable example. He'd have probably kept on playing as 1st choice left back if he didn't get an ankle injury that kept him out for 2 months. It worked out well for us since Robertson came in and took the left back performances to another level.

A much, much more accurate assessment of Al Moreno than what I said. Fucking ell Kostas!
You'll Never Walk Alone

Online BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1386 on: March 23, 2022, 07:47:09 am »
One of us. #greekscoucer

And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline FLRed67

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1387 on: March 23, 2022, 08:49:12 am »
If Alberto had learned to cross the ball better he coulda been a contender. I don't think I've seen a faster full back in a Liverpool shirt.

Kostas nowhere near as fast but on his day, killer delivery.

Offline an fear dearg

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1388 on: March 23, 2022, 10:30:27 am »
We are spoiled aren’t we? Our back up is a solid international player who knows his place within the club and rarely lets us down. He seems to love being here and gets on really well with his team mates. The manager likes him and he buys into the managers game plan. He didn’t play as well as he normally does against an awkward team when the team as a whole are not stellar. Droopy Dog did alright!

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
« Reply #1389 on: March 23, 2022, 12:25:34 pm »
If not because of a freak Robertson I will have no qualms about Tsimikas being a starter for our club.

As for Alberto Moreno, what I remembered about him was his failed copy of the Sturridge dance. Don’t really remember much about him or Enrique.

Offline Theoldkopite

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Survived The Boy's Pen in the 60's.
« Reply #1390 on: March 23, 2022, 06:46:19 pm »
If you fancy a laugh look up ‘Call yourself a team mate’ on the official site. Jota, Thiago and Kostas in action!

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1391 on: March 23, 2022, 06:52:24 pm »
If you fancy a laugh look up ‘Call yourself a team mate’ on the official site. Jota, Thiago and Kostas in action!

Kelleher looks like a girl ;D
Jurgen YNWA

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1392 on: March 23, 2022, 06:55:30 pm »

So funny, love how the whole squad seems to get on.

Online gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #1393 on: March 23, 2022, 07:21:35 pm »
I have no song, bro.

:lmao
AHA!

Offline SouthDerryLaggo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Enjoy these times
« Reply #1394 on: March 23, 2022, 07:47:22 pm »
the man needs a song now
YNWA

Offline afc tukrish

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #1395 on: March 23, 2022, 08:13:28 pm »

"You need to work as a team here, please."

"No, no, competition!"

Offline Shanklygates

• This is not a Custom Title.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #1396 on: March 23, 2022, 11:21:22 pm »
Loved that. well worth a watch. Kostas deffo needs a song. He'd LOVE it! Looked like a he needed a hug too by the end. "But I don't have a song!"  :'(
We are a team of one half.

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #1397 on: March 23, 2022, 11:54:39 pm »
Perhaps we should get Ibou to work on songs for all the players who don’t have one
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline afc tukrish

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #1398 on: March 24, 2022, 12:02:08 am »
Loved that. well worth a watch. Kostas deffo needs a song.

Kostas would join in with the singing.

While playing...

Online BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1399 on: March 24, 2022, 06:50:27 am »

'You were born at 15 years old already'  ;D
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.