Author Topic: THE NON-LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD  (Read 1779159 times)

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: THE NON-LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD
« Reply #13160 on: August 12, 2022, 01:22:12 pm »
Forest are wild in this transfer window. Emmanuel Dennis having his medical today and they're getting Kouyate who used to be at Palace. Have also signed Remo Freuler, which will take it to 13 first-team signings this summer.

Forest's squad was thinner than thin when they got promoted but I'd be astonished if Cooper really wants all these signings. He's renowned for coaching young players to improve, but there's so many players here where does he even go about starting that. Doubt he'd even have a clue about his strongest team. Feels bad.

I hope if it does go tits up it doesn't sink him and a club sees what he can do when there's not huge upheaval. Fall upwards if anything. I really rate him highly, think he's even a dark horse for us in a long time. He's got a great track record.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2022, 01:24:59 pm by Gerry Attrick »

Offline Tobelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13161 on: August 12, 2022, 01:25:44 pm »
Reminiscent of Villa a few years ago,could work,or they never gel and they go down and be in some trouble for years.

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13162 on: August 12, 2022, 01:42:26 pm »
Got to admire the honesty of Moyes... says they made a bid for Matheus Nunes but he didn't want to come to West Ham.

I think the reality on Nunes is that he probably isn't a target, but part of me wonders if we're just trying to drive down his value. Remember back in January we did similar with Diaz, saying he wasn't a target because Porto valued him at £70m and we valued him at half that. Maybe it's similar here, and our aim is to get Sporting to accept a fee that we think is right (say £25-30m) rather than his 60m euro release clause.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2022, 01:50:34 pm by Barefoot Doctor »

Offline Agent99

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13163 on: August 12, 2022, 02:14:29 pm »
Got to admire the honesty of Moyes... says they made a bid for Matheus Nunes but he didn't want to come to West Ham.

I think the reality on Nunes is that he probably isn't a target, but part of me wonders if we're just trying to drive down his value. Remember back in January we did similar with Diaz, saying he wasn't a target because Porto valued him at £70m and we valued him at half that. Maybe it's similar here, and our aim is to get Sporting to accept a fee that we think is right (say £25-30m) rather than his 60m euro release clause.
Did gollum say how much the bid was and if it was accepted? It's time for another Diaz/Spurs/Ward masterclass.

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13164 on: August 12, 2022, 02:21:31 pm »
Did gollum say how much the bid was and if it was accepted? It's time for another Diaz/Spurs/Ward masterclass.

No but there were reports in Portugal yesterday saying they'd bid £25m + £4m, with Sporting wanting at least £42m.

Offline Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13165 on: August 12, 2022, 03:09:06 pm »
Why’s the other thread locked? We’ve got people talking transfers in the injury thread now!

Because some usual suspects were clogging up the thread with their petty bullshit, leading the mods to lock it and clean it up.
You cannot call overseas Liverpool supporters glory hunters. We’ve won one trophy this decade. If they’re glory hunters, they’re really bad ones. They’re actually journey hunters. It’s the journey and the story. Something about Liverpool has grabbed them." - Neil Atkinson (May, 2019)

"So don’t think about it – just play football.” - Jurgen Klopp

Offline CowboyKangaroo

• aka WayneSkippy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13166 on: August 12, 2022, 03:12:51 pm »
Because some usual suspects were clogging up the thread with their petty bullshit, leading the mods to lock it and clean it up.

They deleted a perfectly good ligma joke. Collateral damage I say.
shut up clown. Naby Keita can buy your life and throw it away.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #13167 on: August 12, 2022, 03:20:43 pm »
No but there were reports in Portugal yesterday saying they'd bid £25m + £4m, with Sporting wanting at least £42m.

It does seem a bit 'Jones said we don't want him.....Joyce said we don't want him....Klopp said we're not signing anyone.....oh we've signed Nunes' to me.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13168 on: August 12, 2022, 03:25:18 pm »
It does seem a bit 'Jones said we don't want him.....Joyce said we don't want him....Klopp said we're not signing anyone.....oh we've signed Nunes' to me.

I mean it's interesting when you hear Klopp speak today. This is what he said:

If we had the right solution then we would have done it already. We are not stubborn. If we look at the right player and there would have been opportunity, then we would do it and would have done it. We have had a lot of conversations but it doesn't look like (it will happen)

So is it that we don't want Matheus Nunes, or we don't want him at £50m. Because it's a big distinction, and Klopp has said we've had 'lots of conversations' which implies to me there's a few players we like but the economics or availability just isn't lining up for us. We know the situation with Bellingham and Tchouameni, so maybe he's just alluding to that, but he could also be referring to other players like Nunes.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13169 on: August 12, 2022, 03:31:52 pm »
So is it that we don't want Matheus Nunes, or we don't want him at £50m. Because it's a big distinction, and Klopp has said we've had 'lots of conversations' which implies to me there's a few players we like but the economics or availability just isn't lining up for us. We know the situation with Bellingham and Tchouameni, so maybe he's just alluding to that, but he could also be referring to other players like Nunes.

I'm not saying it as wishful thinking, but it just seems odd that he's turning down moves. He's a Jorge Mendes client and I think he'd have pushed him towards a Wolves/West Ham unless he was pretty certain he could get him a move to a bigger club.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13170 on: August 12, 2022, 03:47:20 pm »
I'm not saying it as wishful thinking, but it just seems odd that he's turning down moves. He's a Jorge Mendes client and I think he'd have pushed him towards a Wolves/West Ham unless he was pretty certain he could get him a move to a bigger club.

I guess he feels that there's bigger options on the horizon. If Bernardo Silva goes to Barca, then maybe City look at him - Guardiola has waxed lyrical about him before. Chelsea are buying everyone, so maybe they come in. United another possibility considering the state of their midfield.

West Ham would potentially be a big step, but I think some players / agents are realising how difficult it is getting to prise players from those clubs in the bracket below the big six.

Offline Phineus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13171 on: August 12, 2022, 03:50:53 pm »
Yes please. This guy is too classy for West Ham.

https://youtu.be/3CYdgJGD8HQ

Offline CowboyKangaroo

• aka WayneSkippy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13172 on: August 12, 2022, 03:56:56 pm »
Yes please. This guy is too classy for West Ham.

https://youtu.be/3CYdgJGD8HQ

That's a dreadful video. Pretty much only shows on the ball stuff (not unusual for videos of those sorts but a black mark for understanding a player's performance in a match - there's other interesting bits too), and cuts way too early after every pass.

There's one moment early in the vid where he pings it out wide. At the point it cuts he could have massively over hit or just got it perfect - completely impossible to tell and completely useless. Sometimes it cuts while he is still in possession!
« Last Edit: August 12, 2022, 04:00:31 pm by CowboyKangaroo »
shut up clown. Naby Keita can buy your life and throw it away.

Offline HardworkDedication

• Hardwork and Dedication linked to many stories - Mingebag. Has no opinion of his own. Human news ticker tape.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13173 on: August 12, 2022, 04:01:26 pm »
Florian Plettenberg@Plettigoal·45m
❗️X News Matheus #Nunes: Been told that Wolverhampton is the most interested club at this stage. #MCFC is still in. #LFC keeps an eye on him but it’s not very hot. Sporting will be open for offers around €35m + resale participation in the future. @SkySportDE

Lyall Thomas@SkySportsLyall·41m
#Wolves are an option for highly-rated #SportingLisbon midfielder Matheus Nunes - but the player has bigger clubs on his mind. Whether they come for him remains to be seen. More on @SkySportsNews and here: https://skysports.com/transfer-centre (story w/@Plettigoal at Sky Germany)

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13174 on: August 12, 2022, 04:03:20 pm »
❗️X News Matheus #Nunes: Been told that Wolverhampton is the most interested club at this stage. #MCFC is still in. #LFC keeps an eye on him but it’s not very hot. Sporting will be open for offers around €35m + resale participation in the future. @SkySportDE

#Wolves are an option for highly-rated #SportingLisbon midfielder Matheus Nunes - but the player has bigger clubs on his mind. Whether they come for him remains to be seen. More on @SkySportsNews and here: https://skysports.com/transfer-centre (story w/@Plettigoal at Sky Germany)

35m is almost a no-brainer

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13175 on: August 12, 2022, 04:06:00 pm »
35m is almost a no-brainer

Is it though?

Genuine question - not trying to be funny - but if we weren't being linked with him, would anyone on here be saying that Nunes is the midfielder we should be getting?

Seems to me that it's gone links > fans watch clips > must have signing.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13176 on: August 12, 2022, 04:14:19 pm »
Is it though?

Genuine question - not trying to be funny - but if we weren't being linked with him, would anyone on here be saying that Nunes is the midfielder we should be getting?

Seems to me that it's gone links > fans watch clips > must have signing.

actually we have several people that have now watched his full games (Drinks Sangria) - and it seems like he's a very good fit for us - a bit raw though.

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13177 on: August 12, 2022, 04:24:07 pm »
Local Salzburg publication saying we're big fans of Luka Sucic and could go for him next summer. He's one that is probably gettable this summer if we really wanted him, but likely where we deem it more valuable for him to keep developing there than come and be way down the pecking order here. Wonder if we might revisit in January - Salzburg tend to be willing sellers in winter when they've normally fallen out of the CL.

Offline HardworkDedication

• Hardwork and Dedication linked to many stories - Mingebag. Has no opinion of his own. Human news ticker tape.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13178 on: August 12, 2022, 04:43:58 pm »
What's going on with the LFC transfer thread? Posts deleted all the way back to yesterday afternoon and the thread is still locked.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2022, 04:50:34 pm by HardworkDedication »

Offline fredfrop

• 19*
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13179 on: August 12, 2022, 05:39:09 pm »
Drama
Handbags
and general pissypants nonsense

I suspect

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #13180 on: August 12, 2022, 05:46:00 pm »
Don't look at me, pretty sure I haven't posted there for a couple of days  ;)
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline fredfrop

• 19*
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13181 on: August 12, 2022, 05:49:02 pm »
Don't look at me, pretty sure I haven't posted there for a couple of days  ;)
  :lmao

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13182 on: August 12, 2022, 06:07:54 pm »
Drama
Handbags
and general pissypants nonsense

I suspect

pissypants - spirit pussy?

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13183 on: August 12, 2022, 06:27:08 pm »

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #13184 on: August 12, 2022, 06:30:52 pm »

Don't get shit up, no bog roll forthcoming...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Agent99

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13185 on: August 12, 2022, 06:44:00 pm »

So around £29m? Or £90m if you use the Darwin transfer fee converter.

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13186 on: August 12, 2022, 08:07:32 pm »

I posted a video of Mufasa's ghost in Lion King as an example of spirit pussy.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13187 on: August 12, 2022, 08:32:56 pm »
Do not Google pissypants.

For obvious reasons.

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13188 on: August 12, 2022, 10:49:15 pm »
Guardiola says they won’t go for another LB after signing Sergio Gomez from Anderlecht. There’d been speculation that they’d go for a more established option and loan Gomez to Girona.

Online MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13189 on: August 12, 2022, 11:06:03 pm »
Guardiola says they won’t go for another LB after signing Sergio Gomez from Anderlecht. There’d been speculation that they’d go for a more established option and loan Gomez to Girona.
Their squad is even weaker than last season.

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13190 on: August 12, 2022, 11:38:39 pm »
Ten Hag now looking to sign Ziyech from Chelsea. Yes, the one he managed at Ajax, gasp shock horror.

My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline Sangria

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13191 on: August 13, 2022, 12:18:46 am »
Ten Hag now looking to sign Ziyech from Chelsea. Yes, the one he managed at Ajax, gasp shock horror.

Will Seb Haller be Ronaldo's replacement?
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #13192 on: August 13, 2022, 12:25:54 am »
Anyone made a "he's scouring the leagues for Ajax players" gag yet?

If not, let me... ;)
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Sangria

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13193 on: August 13, 2022, 12:40:41 am »
Anyone made a "he's scouring the leagues for Ajax players" gag yet?

If not, let me... ;)

If he does raid them for players, you'll be able to tell a moaning Ajax that they should have expected it.

(Probably goes over the head of non-Iliad readers).
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

Offline Ghost Town

• Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #13194 on: August 13, 2022, 12:56:55 am »
If he does raid them for players, you'll be able to tell a moaning Ajax that they should have expected it.

(Probably goes over the head of non-Iliad readers).
Heh heh, that's terrible. I mean I've made gags before about Ajax moaning at the telly, but this is worse  :-*

Poor old Alax, if only he had a bit more Vim and vigour...

Offline Sangria

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13195 on: August 13, 2022, 01:21:26 am »
Heh heh, that's terrible. I mean I've made gags before about Ajax moaning at the telly, but this is worse  :-*

Poor old Alax, if only he had a bit more Vim and vigour...

Have you heard that Ajax are launching their own brand of cured sausages? It's called Salamis of Ajax.
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

Offline Ghost Town

• Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #13196 on: August 13, 2022, 01:42:37 am »
Have you heard that Ajax are launching their own brand of cured sausages? It's called Salamis of Ajax.
Do they get stuck in the ileum, too?

I fear we might be straying off topic a tad

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #13197 on: August 13, 2022, 03:25:05 am »
Do they get stuck in the ileum, too?

I fear we might be straying off topic a tad

Thetis neither here nor there...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline AmanShah21

• May be Frank Colombo. Never seen with Frank Colombo in the same room at the same time. You don’t have to be Sherlock Holmes, do you Miss Marple?
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm is a golden sky!
« Reply #13198 on: August 13, 2022, 09:50:38 am »
That is an odd one. He's shite.

I think he's a good player but looks jaded and burned out. Almost seems like he doesnt enjoy playing football anymore. I remember when he was absolutely brilliant against us for a couple years. His pace is still there, so its more a mental state thing wherein all these changes and directions from a revolving door of coaches have wrecked his natural game. He needs a change big time to start enjoying football again. He's not yet a Delle Alli situation wherein his attitude hasnt been questionable, so its just about finding the right club and manager to work with because the last thing he needs is more of the negativity that'll come with every game he doesnt score at united.

Offline AmanShah21

• May be Frank Colombo. Never seen with Frank Colombo in the same room at the same time. You don’t have to be Sherlock Holmes, do you Miss Marple?
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm is a golden sky!
« Reply #13199 on: August 13, 2022, 09:59:48 am »
Nunez, Sesko, Arnautovic, Kalajdzic - All signs point to them wanting for a battering ram tall striker upfront, which, given their only other proper no.9 is Ronaldo seems to be on the lines of lump it to the lad up top, Hodgson style, which, if Ten Haag thinks will have the same output as Haller at Ajax, he may be in for a big surprise.