Author Topic: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD - WELCOME, 'A PLAYER'!!  (Read 2507592 times)

Offline Tobez

• Kopite
  • We all Live r pool
Re: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD - WELCOME, 'A PLAYER'!!
« Reply #45200 on: July 27, 2021, 03:01:39 pm »
If we want to get the best out of Salad, we'll have to pair him with Vinaigre (Wolves)

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #45201 on: July 27, 2021, 03:02:04 pm »
I compared last season with 5 goals vs the previous season with 20, what are you referring to?

I'm not going to kumquote your own posts mate, go back and look if you can't remember what you said
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45202 on: July 27, 2021, 03:06:24 pm »
I know there's been some discussion about the market and whether or not it's depressed or if there's been any changes one way or another in spend. The Athletic did a piece this morning that I think convincingly shows that there is quite a bit less spend this summer compared to previous summers and that Covid has taken a major toll on the market:

While the PL is still greatly outspending the other top five leaves, over £800 million in transfer fees will have to be spent in the remaining 5 weeks to equal last summer's spend. Some combination of Kane/Grealish/Haaland moving would go a ways towards moving the needle, but I highly doubt the league comes close to the norm in terms of spending.

« Last Edit: July 27, 2021, 03:08:10 pm by Lone Star Red »
You cannot call overseas Liverpool supporters glory hunters. We’ve won one trophy this decade. If they’re glory hunters, they’re really bad ones. They’re actually journey hunters. It’s the journey and the story. Something about Liverpool has grabbed them." - Neil Atkinson (May, 2019)

"So don’t think about it – just play football.” - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45203 on: July 27, 2021, 03:10:04 pm »
I feel like some people are secretly ecstatic that last season went off the rails. It's tough to demand a squad overhaul every transfer window when you're winning the league and the champions league, but when you scrape 4th all bets are off the table.

Who cares about context when you can be busy demanding we sign players you only heard about 5 minutes ago.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #45204 on: July 27, 2021, 03:11:30 pm »
I feel like some people are secretly ecstatic that last season went off the rails. It's tough to demand a squad overhaul every transfer window when you're winning the league and the champions league, but when you scrape 4th all bets are off the table.

Who cares about context when you can be busy demanding we sign players you only heard about 5 minutes ago.

4th? I'll have you know we scraped 3rd!

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #45205 on: July 27, 2021, 03:13:53 pm »
About the squad registration stuff;

At the moment we have 3 senior players (born before 1st January 2000) more than we're allowed to register for the 25 man squads for PL and CL, including 1 senior non-homegrown player more than we can register. So unless we want to make some players unhappy by not allowing them to play for us we need to get rid of 3 senior players before bringing in any more.

UEFA also requires 4 out of the 25 for the CL squad to be club trained (ie. only 21 non-club trained seniors), so if Ojo and Woodburn are among the outgoings we'd still need to offload two non-club trained players to be able to register all our seniors. That's before signing any new senior players.

Here's the full squad with HG-status for the upcoming season (made before Wilson exit) :

Thanks for sharing this.

Quick Q, why isn’t Phillips counted as club trained? I thought he joined when he was 18-19
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Online riismeister

• Legacy Fan
  • Onwards and upwards
« Reply #45206 on: July 27, 2021, 03:15:08 pm »
Thanks for sharing this.

Quick Q, why isn’t Phillips counted as club trained? I thought he joined when he was 18-19

Joined when he was 19 so didn't have the required 3 years before turning 21 with us.

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #45207 on: July 27, 2021, 03:15:41 pm »
I'm not gonna dress it up. I've enjoyed every salad pun and don't gove a toss what anyone says. Je vinegrette rien
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45208 on: July 27, 2021, 03:16:20 pm »
I'm not gonna dress it up. I've enjoyed every salad pun and don't gove a toss what anyone says. Je vinegrette rien

You're taking the michael now
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Trendisnotdestiny

• Finally, the custom title that cannot be beat
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Go for Goal Sunshine! - N Saunders
« Reply #45209 on: July 27, 2021, 03:18:07 pm »
You're taking the michael now

What a fun gi (uy)
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

We have everything we need - Jurgen Klopp

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #45210 on: July 27, 2021, 03:22:53 pm »
It's an echo chamber in here

In here?
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #45211 on: July 27, 2021, 03:22:57 pm »
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45212 on: July 27, 2021, 03:25:39 pm »

We have to entertain ourselves. The club is brassica.
"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #45213 on: July 27, 2021, 03:26:50 pm »
Gimme Gimme Gimme a new signing.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #45214 on: July 27, 2021, 03:27:48 pm »
We need to adapt, we don't need a Bobby clone.

Well if they are working on it in a lab we should at least take a look.
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45215 on: July 27, 2021, 03:29:55 pm »
Romaine calm please.

Unbeetable posts - cannot wait until we can get some peas and quiet after the window.
Why do we love Mo Salad?, Cos he's ace, that's why

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45216 on: July 27, 2021, 03:31:51 pm »

What happens if you dont scape 4th as was the case last year ?
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #45217 on: July 27, 2021, 03:33:10 pm »

Yes!

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45218 on: July 27, 2021, 03:34:17 pm »
Some of these puns needs addressing.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #45219 on: July 27, 2021, 03:34:55 pm »
Some of these puns needs addressing.
Balsamie

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #45220 on: July 27, 2021, 03:37:41 pm »
Some of you lads need to go outside and touch grass.

Or at a min smoke some and calm down.

Offline Schmidt

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #45221 on: July 27, 2021, 03:38:33 pm »
What happens if you dont scape 4th as was the case last year ?
4th? I'll have you know we scraped 3rd!
Pedants!

Why do we love Mo Salad?, Cos he's ace, that's why
Boggles the mind that people are so eager to toss him at the first opportunity.

Offline Asam

• has a mankini
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45222 on: July 27, 2021, 03:38:51 pm »

Yep, I was absolutely ecstatic that we finished 3rd so we could complain about transfers.. give you’re head a wobble mate, nobody thinks that way-

When we did win the champions league and premier league titles did we really press our advantage whilst we were at our most attractive? I don’t think we need, we have signed some very good players but we are still short on quality, we have a chance to address the weakness in the market (as I don’t think there’s a good enough young forward at the club or a midfielder coming through who can step up and replace Gini)

If we did have players coming through then I would be against buying someone else for the sake of it, if you don’t think there’s a problem then let’s see if the club chooses to strengthen or not

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #45223 on: July 27, 2021, 03:39:43 pm »
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45224 on: July 27, 2021, 03:41:46 pm »
Yep, I was absolutely ecstatic that we finished 3rd so we could complain about transfers.. give you’re head a wobble mate, nobody thinks that way-

When we did win the champions league and premier league titles did we really press our advantage whilst we were at our most attractive? I don’t think we need, we have signed some very good players but we are still short on quality, we have a chance to address the weakness in the market (as I don’t think there’s a good enough young forward at the club or a midfielder coming through who can step up and replace Gini)

If we did have players coming through then I would be against buying someone else for the sake of it, if you don’t think there’s a problem then let’s see if the club chooses to strengthen or not

I dont think the year after winning the CL was that bad to be honest
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45225 on: July 27, 2021, 03:42:04 pm »

You know, transfers are just a bit of fun….

This comes across as a wee bit more aggressive than perhaps you had realised…..

Let’s keep it fun eh?  Plenty of proper things in the world to get annoyed with…  such as Roy’s salad puns.

« Last Edit: July 27, 2021, 03:44:55 pm by TepidT2O »
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #45226 on: July 27, 2021, 03:43:22 pm »
Big Dick Nicoise likes that.
Hopefully we'll get a tuna out of Keita this season.

Offline Schmidt

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #45227 on: July 27, 2021, 03:44:21 pm »

There's a difference between thinking we could strengthen in a few areas and getting irate because we haven't signed 3-4 players already.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45228 on: July 27, 2021, 03:44:21 pm »

Let’s keep it fun eh?  Plenty of propeller things in the world to get annoyed with…  such as Roy’s salad puns.

Thats just plane stupid

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45229 on: July 27, 2021, 03:44:58 pm »

Let’s keep it fun eh?  Plenty of propeller things in the world to get annoyed with…  such as Roy’s salad puns.
[/b]

I carrot believe how bad they are

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #45230 on: July 27, 2021, 03:45:04 pm »
W

Offline Robinred

• Wanted for burglary.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red since '64
« Reply #45231 on: July 27, 2021, 03:46:43 pm »
Hopefully we'll get a tuna out of Keita this season.

Mayo get your wish.
"The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology...as long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth." Mikhail Bakunin

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45232 on: July 27, 2021, 03:48:23 pm »
I carrot believe how bad they are

This thread is peppered with high quality. Just take the thyme to ingest it.
"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45233 on: July 27, 2021, 03:51:37 pm »
Balsamie

what on earth do Samie's balls have to do with this!!!!! gross!!!!!!!

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #45234 on: July 27, 2021, 04:00:37 pm »
We need to get another signing Waldorf before people go stir crazy.

Some of you lot are going around like a young Caesar and think it’s caprese to make high profile signings.

Then some of you get a Cobb on when you can’t satisfy your weird Mbappe Fattoush

W

Offline Asam

• has a mankini
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45235 on: July 27, 2021, 04:08:03 pm »
There's a difference between thinking we could strengthen in a few areas and getting irate because we haven't signed 3-4 players already.

To me this is about two things

-Honesty - where do we really stand and what is a realistic expectation?
-Accountability- Is the club providing the resources Klopp needs to be successful?

I would rather see us all enjoy the season and win rather than spend the next 9 months convincing people that the manager wasn’t provided with the resources he needs to compete

Klopp will be gone in a few years, we can back him while he’s here because he’s earned it and perhaps win a few more trophies or we go into next season with a realistic expectation, as it stands a top 4 finish is the best case with our squad as I see it- perhaps you think having more options in defence is all we need but as I see it the midfield lacks goals and we don’t have enough competition for places upfront

Perhaps you are happy with a top 4 finish? Not everyone gets a horrible feeling in their stomach when they see another team above us at the end of the season or lifting the Champions league and that’s okay

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45236 on: July 27, 2021, 04:12:24 pm »
To me this is about two things

-Honesty - where do we really stand and what is a realistic expectation?
-Accountability- Is the club providing the resources Klopp needs to be successful?

I would rather see us all enjoy the season and win rather than spend the next 9 months convincing people that the manager wasn’t provided with the resources he needs to compete

Klopp will be gone in a few years, we can back him while he’s here because he’s earned it and perhaps win a few more trophies or we go into next season with a realistic expectation, as it stands a top 4 finish is the best case with our squad as I see it- perhaps you think having more options in defence is all we need but as I see it the midfield lacks goals and we don’t have enough competition for places upfront

Perhaps you are happy with a top 4 finish? Not everyone gets a horrible feeling in their stomach when they see another team above us at the end of the season or lifting the Champions league and that’s okay

The thing with this though, is that for people like you it'll always be 'no' even if we are successful. It'll always be 'in spite of FSG' and 'purely down to the genius of the manager' and you'll double down on him not being backed anyway, so what's the point? If we signed no-one else but won the title because we didnt have anywhere near as many injuries, you'd still insist he wasn't backed.

Offline Asam

• has a mankini
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45237 on: July 27, 2021, 04:13:22 pm »
I dont think the year after winning the CL was that bad to be honest

Not that bad isn’t excellent or fantastic though right? I hate to say this but I do get the feeling that we are kicking the can down the road and saving up a pot for the eventual Klopp replacement in a few seasons to rebuild, Klopp keeps us competitive whilst spending the bare minimum and then a new manager starts again

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45238 on: July 27, 2021, 04:19:34 pm »
Not that bad isn’t excellent or fantastic though right? I hate to say this but I do get the feeling that we are kicking the can down the road and saving up a pot for the eventual Klopp replacement in a few seasons to rebuild, Klopp keeps us competitive whilst spending the bare minimum and then a new manager starts again

I did think winning the league was fantastic to be honest
« Last Edit: July 27, 2021, 04:21:25 pm by Kenny's Jacket »

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #45239 on: July 27, 2021, 04:20:09 pm »

The year after we won the CL we won the league for fucks sake, of course it was excellent :lmao