Author Topic: Man City - cheating bastards rumbled  (Read 2822078 times)

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
Re: Man City - the Lisbon Lyons
« Reply #13040 on: April 1, 2021, 01:49:00 pm »
It’s ugly though isn’t it.     Can’t believe that everyone has a ‘price’ whereby their willing to sell their souls to the devil.  Must be some out there with some decency, integrity, good sense and better judgement.
id never sign for them ;)
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Online JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #13041 on: April 1, 2021, 02:34:52 pm »
id never sign for them ;)
I will never sign for them. Not a chance!

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #13042 on: April 1, 2021, 02:39:01 pm »
Haaland off to Barca apparently.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #13043 on: April 1, 2021, 02:48:16 pm »

not sure it’s that far advanced is it? His father and agent are in Barcelona for talks, but the suggestion is they’ll be going to various clubs for talks.

His agent was in Dortmund yesterday to talk to Michael Zorc, and he’s made Dortmund's position very clear.

Unless he has some great love for Barcelona, it’d be a bit of an odd move right now, when he’d have basically the pick of any club.

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13044 on: April 1, 2021, 02:51:20 pm »
Good for him and he actually has morals and confidence to play for a European Giant with a huge history instead of taking the easy route playing for Sportswash FC.

I hope it happens as it seems nothing fazes him, looks like Messi is staying as well by all accounts, Laporta has been in this position before and rebuilt the club on and off the pitch, this could be his Ronaldinho signing that he did in 2004.

"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #13045 on: April 1, 2021, 03:33:14 pm »
It would be odd on the face of it, given Barca's issues and long term precariousness.

Laporta has rebuilt them once, but was that from such a difficult position?

If he goes there, it's him saying he genuinely believes himself to be a footballing force of nature that can transform the fortunes of any team. And if he does that and succeeds, fair play to him. Even if he thinks that, tries and fails, it's still admirable his mentality is that way.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13046 on: April 1, 2021, 03:38:23 pm »
I still don’t think he’ll move this summer.

Offline arthur sarnoff

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13047 on: April 1, 2021, 03:39:21 pm »
How in the name of bollocks can Barca afford him when they're up to their ears in debt?

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13048 on: April 1, 2021, 03:41:21 pm »
How in the name of bollocks can Barca afford him when they're up to their ears in debt?
Just like that Barca documentary with Laporta, the same way they payed for Ronaldinho.

They will go to the Banks.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13049 on: April 1, 2021, 03:43:10 pm »

cos they can get more and more into debt. They aren’t going anywhere, they’ll just carry on with the cycle of making money, borrowing money, making more debt, making money, borrowing more etc etc etc. They are one of the worlds biggest clubs, there will always be willing lenders.

Next summer, when his clause kicks in, whoever the team is who can get him to say yes, will find the money.

Offline tonysleft

• Legacy Fan
  • A manc
« Reply #13050 on: April 1, 2021, 03:47:22 pm »
I would assume any deal is dependent on Messi leaving and freeing up €1m a week wages
Great chiefs and great loves in obliterated light

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13051 on: April 1, 2021, 04:09:16 pm »
I agree with Dim that I think this is pre-emptive posturing and he still moves based on his release clause next summer.

Raiola and Haaland stand to make more money personally, you would think, on the outrageous signing on fees and wages they can demand in the event of a £70m transfer rather than if someone has to find £80m on top of that this summer. Perhaps mitigated by whatever Raiola's % is, but I think if it's a case of money talking, the financial package put on the table this summer would end up being a far bigger outlay than just waiting one season.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Online Nitramdorf

• No longer as forward as he used to be, so has dropped back into midfield. Didn't you hear?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13052 on: April 1, 2021, 04:15:06 pm »
Have a missed something here. What about Dortmund? Can he just go around Europe hawking his wares to anyone without his clubs permission? I dont pay much attention to modern football but what happened to talking to a club when your current club accepcted a bid.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13053 on: April 1, 2021, 04:21:20 pm »
Have a missed something here. What about Dortmund? Can he just go around Europe hawking his wares to anyone without his clubs permission? I dont pay much attention to modern football but what happened to talking to a club when your current club accepcted a bid.

Haaland isn’t doing anything, his agent can do as he pleases I suspect. This is just an even more in your face way of behaving than Salah’s scrote of an agent sending out stupid tweets. Agents talk with clubs all the time about their clients I’m sure. This is just going to be one massive public show it seems.

Michael Zorc has already made his/Dortmund’s stand clear and has said he spoke to Riola yesterday.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13054 on: April 1, 2021, 04:22:26 pm »
He's either got permission, or because it's his Dad and Agent but not him, they can probably hide behind a thin veil of 'we were just guests of these clubs and the visit was nothing to do with Erling' kinda bullshit nonsense.

I'm not sure whether the iron-clad clause of next summer potentially gives him 12-18 months pre-emptive ability to freely negotiate, who knows.

It goes on anyway.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13055 on: April 1, 2021, 04:24:40 pm »
if true it does sound dodgy

Online Nitramdorf

• No longer as forward as he used to be, so has dropped back into midfield. Didn't you hear?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13056 on: April 1, 2021, 04:28:10 pm »
Haaland isn’t doing anything, his agent can do as he pleases I suspect. This is just an even more in your face way of behaving than Salah’s scrote of an agent sending out stupid tweets. Agents talk with clubs all the time about their clients I’m sure. This is just going to be one massive public show it seems.

Michael Zorc has already made his/Dortmund’s stand clear and has said he spoke to Riola yesterday.

Thanks chaps. The modern world I guess.

Online JRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13057 on: April 2, 2021, 03:33:43 pm »
Just read that Pep has said City can’t afford to replace Aguero! 😂😂😂
This is why people don’t like him. The smugness and the patronising.
We’re all still putting petrol in out cars aren’t we? So surely the Abu Dhabi Royal Family aren’t quite into their overdrafts yet!

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13058 on: April 2, 2021, 03:55:37 pm »
"I don't know what is going to happen but at these prices we are not going to buy any striker," Guardiola said.

"It's impossible. We cannot afford it. All the clubs are struggling financially, us as well.”

:lmao

lying clown

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #13059 on: April 2, 2021, 03:56:05 pm »
Just read that Pep has said City can’t afford to replace Aguero! 😂😂😂
This is why people don’t like him. The smugness and the patronising.
We’re all still putting petrol in out cars aren’t we? So surely the Abu Dhabi Royal Family aren’t quite into their overdrafts yet!

It's about time to renegotiate the inflated naming rights of the stadium..maybe find another dozen sponsorship deals from middle eastern companies that don't have to provide revenue/income details.
Get with it Pep.
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13060 on: April 2, 2021, 03:58:32 pm »
July they will have signed Haaland, Grealish ,Mendes, Ings and another CB.

Outlay £300 million.

Online JRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13061 on: April 2, 2021, 04:04:07 pm »

Outlay £300 million.
Only £300M? I guess they are struggling then.

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #13062 on: April 2, 2021, 04:19:37 pm »
Remember Wenger shouting from the rooftops when Arsenal agreed a 15 year Emirates sponsorship deal worth about £90m which was later trumped by a 'similar' 10 year deal City got for £400m from Etihad.
Etihad..the company which has allegedly over £6bn losses over the last 5 years.

Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13063 on: April 2, 2021, 04:30:02 pm »

Outlay £300 million.

Wages of £12.50 between them.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13064 on: April 2, 2021, 05:01:44 pm »
Remember Wenger shouting from the rooftops when Arsenal agreed a 15 year Emirates sponsorship deal worth about £90m which was later trumped by a 'similar' 10 year deal City got for £400m from Etihad.
Etihad..the company which has allegedly over £6bn losses over the last 5 years.

And at CAS it was revealed in 2015 Etihad boosted it to £80 million a year. ;D

Probably £120 million a year now.

Remember when they were leaving Nike that was paying them £15 million a year and they were expected to sign with Puma for £30 million a year as was reported in the press, then cue few months later around the time Chelsea announce their £60 million a year deal with Nike, Puma then ink a £60 million deal a year with City for 5 seasons.

Mansour sure loves subsidising City's commercial deals, Puma are probably kitting out the UAE Olympic and National team for free.
« Last Edit: April 2, 2021, 05:03:50 pm by RedSince86 »

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13065 on: April 2, 2021, 08:23:34 pm »
Live scenes from the emptihad

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13066 on: April 2, 2021, 09:57:18 pm »
"I don't know what is going to happen but at these prices we are not going to buy any striker," Guardiola said.

"It's impossible. We cannot afford it. All the clubs are struggling financially, us as well.”

:lmao

lying clown

It’s about as convincing as Ed Woodward giving a deadline to a selling club and a price they won’t go above.  Everyone knows Woodward will keep coming back with bigger offers with increased desperation.

Everyone knows Manchester City can afford, and will likely pay, whatever they ask for.

Offline 6BigCups

• RAWK Journeyman
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13067 on: April 2, 2021, 10:23:08 pm »
I could see city winning every trophy in sight, yet still feel nothing. No jealousy, envy, bitterness towards them. It’s weird. It’s all too artificial to feel bothered about.

Offline Shankly998

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13068 on: April 3, 2021, 12:44:44 am »
I could see city winning every trophy in sight, yet still feel nothing. No jealousy, envy, bitterness towards them. It’s weird. It’s all too artificial to feel bothered about.

Like a kid playing football manager with an unlimited money cheat sure you win but it's hollow deep down.

Online Historical Fool

• A fool in the present too. The ban on drivel from 666 has led to a remarkable increase in forum quality. Currently being spectacularly wooshed. Seemingly by, well, just about everything.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FSG EOTM June ‘23
    • Fenway Sports Group
« Reply #13069 on: April 3, 2021, 03:00:51 am »
Disqualifying Events
F.1. A Person shall be disqualified from acting as a Director and no Club shall be
permitted to have any Person acting as a Director of that Club if:
F.1.1. in relation to the assessment of his compliance with Rule F.1 (and/or any
similar or equivalent rules of The Football League or The Football
Association) at any time, he has:
F.1.1.1. failed to provide all relevant information (including, without
limitation, information relating to any other individual who
would qualify as a Director but has not been disclosed, including
where he or they are acting as a proxy, agent or nominee for
another Person); or
F.1.1.2. provided false, misleading or inaccurate information
F.1.2. either directly or indirectly he is involved in or has any power to determine
or influence the management or administration of another Club or Football
League club;
F.1.3. either directly or indirectly he holds or acquires any Significant Interest in a
Club while he either directly or indirectly holds any interest in any class of
Shares of another Club;
F.1.4. he becomes prohibited by law from being a director (including without
limitation as a result of being subject to a disqualification order as a
director under the Company Directors Disqualification Act 1986 (as
amended or any equivalent provisions in any jurisdiction which has a
substantially similar effect) (“the CDDA”), or being subject to the terms of
an undertaking given to the Secretary of State under the CDDA unless a
court of competent jurisdiction makes an order under the CDDA permitting
an appointment as a Director);
F.1.5. he has a Conviction (which is not a Spent Conviction) imposed by a court of
the United Kingdom or a competent court of foreign jurisdiction:
F.1.5.1. in respect of which an unsuspended sentence of at least 12
months’ imprisonment was imposed;
F.1.5.2. in respect of any offence involving any act which could
reasonably be considered to be dishonest (and, for the
avoidance of doubt, irrespective of the actual sentence
imposed); or
F.1.5.3. in respect of an offence set out in Appendix 1 (Schedule of
Offences) or a directly analogous offence in a foreign
jurisdiction (and, for the avoidance of doubt, irrespective of the
actual sentence imposed);
F.1.6. in the reasonable opinion of the Board, he has engaged in conduct outside
the United Kingdom that would constitute an offence of the sort described
in Rules F.1.5.2 or F.1.5.3, if such conduct had taken place in the United
Kingdom, whether or not such conduct resulted in a Conviction; 

Has anyone ever taken the time to read the Premier League Owners and Directors test? That last section seems particularly relevant......Engaged in conduct outside the United Kingdom that would constitute an offence in the UK......

Imprisoning homosexuals?
Torturing political rivals? 
Tortuting prisoners?
Human rights violations against migrant workers?

Seems like the Premier League violated their own rules whe they allowed the Al Nahyans to purchase City. Again, I can't believe the press in this country aren't questioning this and putting the Premier League and FA under pressure.

Do those alleged acts or offences fall under 1.5.2 or 1.5.3?

Also, where does it say they can’t be owners? Even if all the qualifying conditions are met, it just means they can’t be directors.
« Last Edit: April 3, 2021, 03:03:33 am by Historical Fool »
You're all too fucking serious, the lot of you. Relax, we don't really matter.

Oh, and we should have an in's and out's topic, stickied.

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13070 on: April 3, 2021, 08:43:24 am »

Just throw enough money at it until you win something. It'll be great for City fans to see the club win stuff, but for those of us who have seen it earnt just look at them and go so what?
Jurgen YNWA

Online JRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13071 on: April 3, 2021, 09:10:16 am »
Just throw enough money at it until you win something. It'll be great for City fans to see the club win stuff, but for those of us who have seen it earnt just look at them and go so what?
I can kind of understand city fans ignoring Abu Dhabi’s human rights issues, as before the club sold its soul they were never going to win anything. However, even they must realise how hollow their victories are. They complain that the media and the rest of football don’t give them any respect, surely they must realise that this is because all everyone else sees is Abu Dhabi pumping billions of state funds, sorry, sponsorships, to hoover up trophies. When one club has such an unfair advantage , everything they win becomes meaningless.

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #13072 on: April 3, 2021, 09:26:09 am »
What is the medium to long term move for City?

You'd think the smart move would be to turn legit - and I do mean in the organised crime sense - but for all Pep cries "can't spend the big bucks" I just cannot believe that. They'd well spend £150m on Haaland and might yet.

Without dodgy sponsorships and salary fiddles I'm not sure they actually can turn legit. Those wages don't pay themselves. Which I suppose begs the question of will they ever be stopped at it by the powers that be.

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13073 on: April 3, 2021, 09:27:19 am »
I can kind of understand city fans ignoring Abu Dhabi’s human rights issues, as before the club sold its soul they were never going to win anything. However, even they must realise how hollow their victories are. They complain that the media and the rest of football don’t give them any respect, surely they must realise that this is because all everyone else sees is Abu Dhabi pumping billions of state funds, sorry, sponsorships, to hoover up trophies. When one club has such an unfair advantage , everything they win becomes meaningless.

They have no experience of being a top team, they don't get and never will get, that us, the Mancs and Arsenal all worked to earn the right to win what we have, they think winning is enough, regardless of how its achieved.

I don't think they care at how hollow it is, my 85 yr old neighbour certainly doesn't, he's just loving being top dogs. The vast majority of City fans didn't know what winning a trophy felt like, I remember the Dennis Tuearts overhead goal in the 76 league cup final, I was only 3 when the won their only European Trophy. If you are under 50 and a City fan, all you have had is your Red Manc mates/neighbours/those c*nts you hate lauding it over you, especially since 1993, so to finally have the boot on the other foot is all they want. The Blueshite aren't arsed where Usmanov got his dosh, Chelsea fans don't give a shit that Ambramovich went from selling dolls to an oil field owning billionaire, City couldn't care less, fuck a depressing number of our fan base would accept Saddam Husseins money, they just want the shiny stuff.

What is the medium to long term move for City?

You'd think the smart move would be to turn legit - and I do mean in the organised crime sense - but for all Pep cries "can't spend the big bucks" I just cannot believe that. They'd well spend £150m on Haaland and might yet.

Without dodgy sponsorships and salary fiddles I'm not sure they actually can turn legit. Those wages don't pay themselves. Which I suppose begs the question of will they ever be stopped at it by the powers that be.

That is the cloud them and Chelsea live under, what if the money goes? Chelsea owe Roman £1.5 billion so far. City without the oil money just vanish back into obscurity.
« Last Edit: April 3, 2021, 09:28:56 am by rob1966 »
Jurgen YNWA

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #13074 on: April 3, 2021, 10:25:01 am »

Not like any of their fans actually enjoy all of the success anyway. They were happier in the 3rd division.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Online JRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13075 on: April 3, 2021, 10:28:36 am »
Not like any of their fans actually enjoy all of the success anyway. They were happier in the 3rd division.
This is so true. Despite winning the title 5 times ( with this seasons included) and a load of domestic cups, they still seem bitter and unhappy. I reckon if they’d grown organically and perhaps won one title they would’ve been a lot happier. As it is, I think their bitterness and complaining just shows that deep down , they know what their club is being used for and they don’t like it.

Offline DonkeyWan

• ker. Football Genius, Generously gives Young Jürgen pointers to help him improve.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I never met a man who wasn't...
« Reply #13076 on: April 3, 2021, 10:41:18 am »
This is so true. Despite winning the title 5 times ( with this seasons included) and a load of domestic cups, they still seem bitter and unhappy. I reckon if they’d grown organically and perhaps won one title they would’ve been a lot happier. As it is, I think their bitterness and complaining just shows that deep down , they know what their club is being used for and they don’t like it.
Most of their unhappiness and complaining is that other fans won't take them seriously. A sure sign they know their's is a fake success.
Beatings will continue until morale improves...

Online Tobelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13077 on: April 3, 2021, 11:04:23 am »
Most of their unhappiness and complaining is that other fans won't take them seriously. A sure sign they know their's is a fake success.

Yep i think so,they'd like to bask in the awe of others.

But nothing is an achievement really when you buy the best coaches etc. money can buy and massively outspend everyone for a decade or so whilst hiding the costs.
« Last Edit: April 3, 2021, 11:06:03 am by Tobelius »

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #13078 on: April 3, 2021, 03:48:35 pm »
I had to laugh when I read the paper this morning.

Cardiola insisting that Abu Dhabi ''can't afford to buy Haaland.''

No doubt he said that before his morning swim.

The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13079 on: April 3, 2021, 03:56:18 pm »
Hope they can come through their financial struggles. Quite a few of the other traditional lower league clubs are struggling too.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.