Author Topic: Man City - cheating bastards rumbled  (Read 2822023 times)

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
Re: Man City - the Lisbon Lyons
« Reply #13080 on: April 3, 2021, 04:10:13 pm »
Not like any of their fans actually enjoy all of the success anyway. They were happier in the 3rd division.
As odd as it sounds, this is 100% spot on.

Back then they at least knew who they were. They stuck in there with their club despite the constant yo-yoing up and down the leagues. They had a quite admirable self-deprecating humour about them and a humility sadly lacking in their neighbours. You could also talk with them in a sensible manner too.

Sometimes, wanting something is not the same as having it. Of course, they always aspired to bigger things but, like what happens with some lottery winners, the reality isn't what they thought it would be. The same old insecurities are always present. The deep-seated feelings of being a fraud are always there too. Living on millionaires' row is one thing, but you always feel defensive and fraudulent when you realise the others earned their way to where they are now the hard way, but all you are is the local top-end drugs importer who grooms kiddies to sell your poison for you or someone who got lucky on the Lotto. You aren't going to fit in, and you get bitter about the fact. You have the trappings, but you get no respect. No one wants you there, no one respects you being there and, other than the arselickers and new hangers-on attracted to the money, no one cares about you either.

Abu Dhabi apologists will just have to learn to suck it up. The club they once followed is now dead and gone. Reputation launderers bought the name and have hijacked the game for their own selfish ends. There can be no respect for that from anyone who cares for football and cares for humanity. So, either own what you now are and get on with it, or shut the fuck up and stop whingeing and whining, pretending to be victims in all this.

Maybe the decent ones left who followed what was Manchester City could form their own club and salvage some self-respect once more. Maybe they could leave behind the abhorrent sportswash that has trashed their name and reputation and build something real back up again? It would mean pottering about in the lower leagues, but lets face it, that's were you were always at your happiest.
« Last Edit: April 3, 2021, 04:14:26 pm by Son of Spion* »
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Red_Rich

• Legacy Fan
  • Fan since Liverpool 5 Stoke 3 in 1976
« Reply #13081 on: April 3, 2021, 04:16:56 pm »
I could see city winning every trophy in sight, yet still feel nothing. No jealousy, envy, bitterness towards them. It’s weird. It’s all too artificial to feel bothered about.

I've said before that I'd take us winning 1 title to City's 2 every three years for the next 15.  I'd sign for it.  But if they were to ever beat us in a CL final for example, that would hurt badly.  I'd 'feel' something over that.
United used to win titles on easy street, time for us to take over that real estate

Online JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #13082 on: April 3, 2021, 05:31:51 pm »
I had to laugh when I read the paper this morning.

Cardiola insisting that Abu Dhabi ''can't afford to buy Haaland.''

No doubt he said that before his morning swim.

To be fair to Pep, he did well to keep a straight face whilst saying it. I’m surprised the journalists didn’t burst out laughing.

Offline 6BigCups

• RAWK Journeyman
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13083 on: April 3, 2021, 10:54:13 pm »

I've said before that I'd take us winning 1 title to City's 2 every three years for the next 15.  I'd sign for it.  But if they were to ever beat us in a CL final for example, that would hurt badly.  I'd 'feel' something over that.

Having Abu Dhabi pay for the trophy means sod all. Let’s face it, they’ve spent an absolute fortune to do so. It’s no different that Qatar ‘winning’ the right to host the World Cup.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #13084 on: April 3, 2021, 10:58:19 pm »

City can beat us in the CL final. But first they have to be incredibly lucky to get there. :)

Bayern - Liverpool is this year's final.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #13085 on: April 4, 2021, 12:10:45 am »
Yep i think so,they'd like to bask in the awe of others.

But nothing is an achievement really when you buy the best coaches etc. money can buy and massively outspend everyone for a decade or so whilst hiding the costs.

I never get tired of this mock up. Brilliant!

...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #13086 on: April 4, 2021, 12:29:33 am »
In all seriousness they've changed their game for Covid and for us to retake the title next year I think we're going to have to do something similar.  They have slowed their game way down whereas I believe we still take shots (prior to this Arsenal game) faster than almost any team in the league upon gaining possession.

Figure most of our players will have some type of summer international involvement to where they'll barely get any rest before the new season.  Regardless of any purchases this summer and assuming full health we're still going to need to adjust in one way or another.

Offline Gaz75

• Kopite
« Reply #13087 on: April 4, 2021, 12:56:38 am »

yes 🤣 it is brilliant.

Offline keyop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Always eleven, acting as one.
« Reply #13088 on: April 4, 2021, 06:51:40 am »

Back then they at least knew who they were. They stuck in there with their club despite the constant yo-yoing up and down the leagues. They had a quite admirable self-deprecating humour about them and a humility sadly lacking in their neighbours. You could also talk with them in a sensible manner too.

Sometimes, wanting something is not the same as having it. Of course, they always aspired to bigger things but, like what happens with some lottery winners, the reality isn't what they thought it would be. The same old insecurities are always present. The deep-seated feelings of being a fraud are always there too. Living on millionaires' row is one thing, but you always feel defensive and fraudulent when you realise the others earned their way to where they are now the hard way, but all you are is the local top-end drugs importer who grooms kiddies to sell your poison for you or someone who got lucky on the Lotto. You aren't going to fit in, and you get bitter about the fact. You have the trappings, but you get no respect. No one wants you there, no one respects you being there and, other than the arselickers and new hangers-on attracted to the money, no one cares about you either.

Abu Dhabi apologists will just have to learn to suck it up. The club they once followed is now dead and gone. Reputation launderers bought the name and have hijacked the game for their own selfish ends. There can be no respect for that from anyone who cares for football and cares for humanity. So, either own what you now are and get on with it, or shut the fuck up and stop whingeing and whining, pretending to be victims in all this.

Maybe the decent ones left who followed what was Manchester City could form their own club and salvage some self-respect once more. Maybe they could leave behind the abhorrent sportswash that has trashed their name and reputation and build something real back up again? It would mean pottering about in the lower leagues, but lets face it, that's were you were always at your happiest.
Brilliant summary of City as a club and what happens to self respect when you sell your soul.
I've got OCD, but I prefer to call it CDO so it's in alphabetical order.

Online JRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13089 on: April 4, 2021, 08:19:50 am »

Mock up? I thought it was real.

Offline Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13090 on: April 4, 2021, 09:31:39 am »
I can live with City winning the league - they’ve been very good and we’ve had about as much bad luck as it’s possible to have so whatever, fairly sure we’ll be at least competing again next season.

What is absolutely galling, however, is that 2 games before we won it fans are prevented from going into the ground, we then have to play almost every game as champions behind closed doors, City now win it and by the looks of things just in time for fans to go back to the ground to celebrate it.

Unbelievable fucking luck.

Offline Crimson

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13091 on: April 4, 2021, 09:42:08 am »
I can live with City winning the league - they’ve been very good and we’ve had about as much bad luck as it’s possible to have so whatever, fairly sure we’ll be at least competing again next season.

What is absolutely galling, however, is that 2 games before we won it fans are prevented from going into the ground, we then have to play almost every game as champions behind closed doors, City now win it and by the looks of things just in time for fans to go back to the ground to celebrate it.

Don't think you'll notice much of a difference...
I have no idea what I’m taking about

Offline mickeydocs

• Legacy Fan
  • Jurgen Klopp - best Liverpool coach since Paisley
« Reply #13092 on: April 4, 2021, 10:01:57 am »

We would have won the league this year but for injuries. We were going really well right up until losing Matip. After that we had to move our midfield into defence. We stuffed them last year and we will do so again. They got lucky this season.
It’s easy to believe when it’s going well.

Offline Gray Hamster

• Not bong eyed but quite fond of little furry things.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13093 on: April 4, 2021, 10:10:42 am »
In all seriousness they've changed their game for Covid and for us to retake the title next year I think we're going to have to do something similar.  They have slowed their game way down whereas I believe we still take shots (prior to this Arsenal game) faster than almost any team in the league upon gaining possession.

Figure most of our players will have some type of summer international involvement to where they'll barely get any rest before the new season.  Regardless of any purchases this summer and assuming full health we're still going to need to adjust in one way or another.
As many have written about before, empty stadiums have massively helped city this year.  When the fans a are back (hopefully next season), will make a huge difference to the other teams.

Offline Gray Hamster

• Not bong eyed but quite fond of little furry things.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13094 on: April 4, 2021, 10:19:44 am »

Agree with the starting again point, that’s what i would want.    They all just seem very confused and revert to this “defend ourselves at all costs” default attitude and create fictitious counter arguments, to defend their club and owners. 

They cannot realise that there is nothing really that can be defended or even worth defending. It is what it is .....   which is pretty ugly.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #13095 on: April 4, 2021, 10:26:44 am »

It's only 10,000 though isn't it? In some ways it'd be worse if a few thousand could have got in for Chelsea because of all those that still missed out in the draw.

They will now get some in for the semi final of the cup (final) and the LC final, but again it's pot luck who actually gets tickets and it's still masks and socially distanced.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13096 on: April 4, 2021, 11:01:53 am »
And still if they get a parade, I know this for fact, they will have been more fans at Anfield that night we clinched the title than they'll have at their parade down Deansgate.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Online MD1990

• Makes your eyes bleed and your brain hurt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13097 on: April 4, 2021, 11:19:04 am »
funny how they are winning the league & no one cares.

Hopefully they lose in Europe soon though

Offline Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13098 on: April 4, 2021, 01:43:08 pm »
It's only 10,000 though isn't it? In some ways it'd be worse if a few thousand could have got in for Chelsea because of all those that still missed out in the draw.

They will now get some in for the semi final of the cup (final) and the LC final, but again it's pot luck who actually gets tickets and it's still masks and socially distanced.

True,

Nevertheless it all just seems really unfair.

Nobodies fault like, just the situation but for both the players and the fans it’s gutting that they barely saw a face in the ground at any point after winning it.

I’d much rather 10,000 had got in than zero, even if I wasn’t one of them

Plus City probably won’t sell 10,000, so they won’t be arsed about the reduced amount allowed in.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13099 on: April 4, 2021, 02:18:18 pm »
True,

Nevertheless it all just seems really unfair.

Nobodies fault like, just the situation but for both the players and the fans it’s gutting that they barely saw a face in the ground at any point after winning it.

I’d much rather 10,000 had got in than zero, even if I wasn’t one of them

Plus City probably won’t sell 10,000, so they won’t be arsed about the reduced amount allowed in.

If a crowd helps them stuff Everton i'll take it.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #13100 on: April 4, 2021, 02:26:11 pm »
Must have been nice for David Silva to win something meaningful yesterday.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13101 on: April 4, 2021, 03:52:27 pm »
And still if they get a parade, I know this for fact, they will have been more fans at Anfield that night we clinched the title than they'll have at their parade down Deansgate.

There's more fans in the Albert on match day than watch their parade, the plastic, parade is two bus stops, twats.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Red_Rich

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13102 on: April 4, 2021, 04:14:07 pm »
I'm glad there will be 8,000 fans at the LC final but how incredibly galling that they'll lift their next meaningless cup with fans to celebrate it.

I'm not as enthusiastic about the 10,000 at the final round of fixtures though.  I honestly don't think that's fair even though we'd have that advantage vs Palace at the final game.

Imagine a 3 or 4-way battle for top 4 on the last day and a couple of those teams are backed by support while others aren't?  Doesn't feel right to me.
United used to win titles on easy street, time for us to take over that real estate

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13103 on: April 4, 2021, 04:22:36 pm »
I'm glad there will be 8,000 fans at the LC final but how incredibly galling that they'll lift their next meaningless cup with fans to celebrate it.

I'm not as enthusiastic about the 10,000 at the final round of fixtures though.  I honestly don't think that's fair even though we'd have that advantage vs Palace at the final game.

Imagine a 3 or 4-way battle for top 4 on the last day and a couple of those teams are backed by support while others aren't?  Doesn't feel right to me.

I can't wait. Nobody celebrates a win like City ;)

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/tn6fNYwtGc4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/tn6fNYwtGc4</a>
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13104 on: April 4, 2021, 04:42:17 pm »

Aren't their plans for 10,000 for the penultimate round as well so every team gets 10k in for a game?

Offline Red_Rich

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13105 on: April 4, 2021, 04:42:49 pm »

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/tn6fNYwtGc4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/tn6fNYwtGc4</a>

Blimey!  Is that a real thing?!

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13106 on: April 4, 2021, 04:45:49 pm »

Yep. It's the only real thing about them.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Tobelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13107 on: April 4, 2021, 04:52:03 pm »

Even better than the real thing,such shiny happy people. Amazing!

Online JRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13108 on: April 4, 2021, 05:06:51 pm »

😂.
To be fair tho, I prefer it to the way their players celebrated on the plane back from Brighton.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13109 on: April 4, 2021, 05:08:39 pm »

Oh aye, it was made by Etisalat. Such class from them ;D
Jurgen YNWA

Offline 6BigCups

• RAWK Journeyman
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13110 on: April 4, 2021, 09:10:23 pm »

Oh my god.

Offline Jshooters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Occasionally inspirational
« Reply #13111 on: April 4, 2021, 11:00:26 pm »
I’ve seen it so many times but it never fails to make me laugh!

‘Shout Hooray!’
Believer

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #13112 on: April 4, 2021, 11:18:54 pm »
While enjoying a pint of water in the pub.
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline Jshooters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Occasionally inspirational
« Reply #13113 on: April 4, 2021, 11:22:33 pm »
While enjoying a pint of water in the pub.

:lmao

My Mrs asked me what I was laughing at so I showed her the vid and pointed out the water drinkers. Needless to say she was equally as amused/bemused by it all
Believer

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #13114 on: April 5, 2021, 12:38:18 am »

the state of that
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #13115 on: April 5, 2021, 11:43:27 am »

Me too, makes me grin like a loon every time I see it! ;D
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline cdav

• Is Melissa Reddy. Confirmed by himself. (Probably not though, he's a much better writer.)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13116 on: April 6, 2021, 03:29:59 pm »
Just a £126m operating loss announced in their financial results for 2019-20. Can see how they could spend £100m+ last summer now

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13117 on: April 6, 2021, 04:19:07 pm »
To paraphrase but did I hear a journalist ask Pep yesterday how will they compete with European Elite if they don't spend £100 million on one player?

Absurd!

Offline Legs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13118 on: April 6, 2021, 04:41:39 pm »
To paraphrase but did I hear a journalist ask Pep yesterday how will they compete with European Elite if they don't spend £100 million on one player?

Absurd!

Probably a journo trying to get Pep to bite by saying £100m player if he says "we" will do they have the headline.

"Mbappe/Haaland to City"

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #13119 on: April 6, 2021, 04:43:25 pm »
Probably a journo trying to get Pep to bite by saying £100m player if he says "we" will do they have the headline.

"Mbappe/Haaland to City"

sounds more like a bought question to try and make the worlds biggest chequebook manager look good.