Author Topic: Man City - cheating bastards rumbled  (Read 2822536 times)

Online JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Man City - the Lisbon Lyons
« Reply #13120 on: April 6, 2021, 04:55:27 pm »
Just a £126m operating loss announced in their financial results for 2019-20. Can see how they could spend £100m+ last summer now
Hasn’t the Etihad sponsorship just been raised again to cover it? 

Offline Legs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13121 on: April 6, 2021, 05:20:41 pm »
sounds more like a bought question to try and make the worlds biggest chequebook manager look good.

Whatever the agenda its a stupid question we havent signed any £100m players and have been in 4 CL finals in 15 years.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13122 on: April 6, 2021, 06:36:11 pm »
Twats.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline The Test

• 6'3" tall, very strong but also pretty quick seeks soulmate with GSOH. Priority given to Mormons.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Coutinho's cousins mates tennis partner
« Reply #13123 on: April 6, 2021, 07:55:51 pm »
Whatever the agenda its a stupid question we havent signed any £100m players and have been in 4 CL finals in 15 years.

That’s a really impressive stat.

Offline koptommy93

• Legacy Fan
  • @tharris113
« Reply #13124 on: April 6, 2021, 10:50:09 pm »
Someone needs to stop them winning everything going.
I for one welcome our new insect overloads

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #13125 on: April 6, 2021, 11:42:46 pm »
Someone needs to stop them buying everything going.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Online JRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13126 on: April 7, 2021, 09:02:34 am »
Someone needs to stop them winning everything going.
Uefa tried but Abu Dhabi were too rich.

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13127 on: April 7, 2021, 12:01:12 pm »
KDB signs a new contract.

Online Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #13128 on: April 7, 2021, 12:28:49 pm »
KDB signs a new contract.
Related: City's wage bill for the last financial year reached £351m, the highest in English football history.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline Jshooters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Occasionally inspirational
« Reply #13129 on: April 7, 2021, 12:42:49 pm »
Related: City's published wage bill for the last financial year reached £351m, the highest in English football history.
Believer

Online Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #13130 on: April 7, 2021, 12:54:50 pm »
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline cdav

• Is Melissa Reddy. Confirmed by himself. (Probably not though, he's a much better writer.)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13131 on: April 7, 2021, 01:27:11 pm »
Related: City's wage bill for the last financial year reached £351m, the highest in English football history.

Plus they transferred staff to the City Football Group and have £124m in "External Charges", nothing like moving costs around a group to make one entity look better performing

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13132 on: April 8, 2021, 12:16:40 am »
KDB is allegedly on 400k a week now? Astonishing.

Online JRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13133 on: April 8, 2021, 08:07:11 am »
£400K a week for De Bruyne! That’s what they are actually declaring, can you even imagine what he could be getting with the ‘Mancini’ payments on top of that? Disgusting.
« Last Edit: April 8, 2021, 08:13:50 am by JRed »

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13134 on: April 8, 2021, 08:19:59 am »
KDB is allegedly on 400k a week now? Astonishing.

It was supposed to be £350k a week in 19/20. Sterling was on £300k, Aguero was on £230k and Ederson £65k
Jurgen YNWA

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13135 on: April 8, 2021, 11:56:53 am »
It was supposed to be £350k a week in 19/20. Sterling was on £300k, Aguero was on £230k and Ederson £65k
Bargains all around. Aguero lower paid than Sterling amazing.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13136 on: April 8, 2021, 12:42:18 pm »
Bargains all around. Aguero lower paid than Sterling amazing.

I'm sure Ederson was happy to be on less than half of what Alisson is on.
Jurgen YNWA

Online JRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13137 on: April 8, 2021, 12:54:53 pm »
I’m sure he wasn’t on half of what Alisson is on, regardless of what the official figures say.

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #13138 on: April 8, 2021, 01:21:39 pm »

That is before his performance related bonus payments though. He is on 200k for every clean sheet and 200k if he doesn't keep a clean sheet.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Online JRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13139 on: April 8, 2021, 01:45:47 pm »
That is before his performance related bonus payments though. He is on 200k for every clean sheet and 200k if he doesn't keep a clean sheet.
Isn’t it another £200k for having each boot on the correct foot too?

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13140 on: April 8, 2021, 02:15:30 pm »
£10k bonus for getting gloves on himself.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13141 on: April 8, 2021, 02:16:46 pm »
Be surprised if that was true. He should be more concerned his United counterpart is on more than both?

Offline tonysleft

• Legacy Fan
  • A manc
« Reply #13142 on: April 8, 2021, 02:29:22 pm »
I saw an article the other day saying HMRC are telling clubs and agents they must declare payments made to player's family members.. only now.

I'm sure the likes of KDB/Aguero/Silva, who never once kicked up for the Barca/Real move they'd be making at literally any other English club at some point in their careers, were never having multi million pound valued properties purchased for their family members. Sure they're only there for the trophies.
Great chiefs and great loves in obliterated light

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13143 on: April 8, 2021, 02:34:16 pm »
Be surprised if that was true. He should be more concerned his United counterpart is on more than both?

Of course it isn't true, it demonstrates how corrupt they are, when its claimed the old Brazil No1 gets less than half of the current one.
Jurgen YNWA

Online JRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13144 on: April 8, 2021, 03:13:14 pm »
I saw an article the other day saying HMRC are telling clubs and agents they must declare payments made to player's family members.. only now.

I'm sure the likes of KDB/Aguero/Silva, who never once kicked up for the Barca/Real move they'd be making at literally any other English club at some point in their careers, were never having multi million pound valued properties purchased for their family members. Sure they're only there for the trophies.
Hopefully it will all come out one day. They are pretty much the only club that doesn’t have players linked with moves away. Very strange indeed.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #13145 on: April 8, 2021, 03:17:10 pm »
I think Sane is literally the only player in his peak who actually improved the side who wanted to leave. I can't think of another. Aguero, De Bruyne, Sterling etc, none of them tempted away.

Yet when the European Ban hit (however briefly), Sterling was giving interviews fluttering his eyelashes at Real Madrid. Shows how committed to City they are  ::)

Hopefully it will all come out one day. They are pretty much the only club that doesn’t have players linked with moves away. Very strange indeed.
This is it for me, even ourselves, Utd, Chelsea etc have had players in their peak lured away, even when we've realistically been better than the Spanish teams looking to poach them. Maybe not whilst under Klopp, but who can say whether Mo or another's resolve would be tested had something concrete been on the table from a Madrid. His agent certainly would want to entertain it.

It'll probably all come out in about 15 years time when it's all too late. These things tend to. It's just how much appetite the authorities then have for punishment, which will likely be little if the current climate is anything to go off.

Let's not forget Calciopoli took years to come out and when it did, most of the teams involved were given relative wrist slaps after appeal, only Juve remained relegated despite Fiorentina and Lazio being initially implicated and relegated. Lazio went from being relegated to Serie B to having just a three point penalty. Milan and Fiorentina, 8 and 15 point deductions. What it did do was strip Juve of titles won during the period and shine a light on their cheating. Would be lovely if all of a sudden we got an extra league title and City lost 3 or 4 in a few years time.
« Last Edit: April 8, 2021, 03:22:43 pm by Drinks Sangria »
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #13146 on: April 8, 2021, 05:13:11 pm »
We’d get two more titles wouldn’t we (assuming in this ideal scenario all their modern titles would get struck off!). United would get 2 more as well.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13147 on: April 8, 2021, 05:20:21 pm »
We’d get two more titles wouldn’t we (assuming in this ideal scenario all their modern titles would get struck off!). United would get 2 more as well.
Yeah. I did think would I actually want that but I'd take an extra lead over the rest as long as Utd weren't benefiting above us  ;D Spurs wouldn't get a title either which is quite funny. It would literally just be us an Utd, because we're the only sides who've finished second specifically to City in that time. Other title winners have been Chelsea and Leicester in that period, along with Utd and us.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #13148 on: April 8, 2021, 05:23:02 pm »
Yeah. I did think would I actually want that but I'd take an extra lead over the rest as long as Utd weren't benefiting above us  ;D Spurs wouldn't get a title either which is quite funny. It would literally just be us an Utd, because we're the only sides who've finished second specifically to City in that time. Other title winners have been Chelsea and Leicester in that period, along with Utd and us.

Although United would get a third this season. Would be a bit falling that they’d pick up two titles by finishing about 20 points behind City twice! At least we got close both times.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13149 on: April 8, 2021, 05:34:02 pm »
Although United would get a third this season. Would be a bit falling that they’d pick up two titles by finishing about 20 points behind City twice! At least we got close both times.

With such a gap, 19pts under Mourinho and likely at least 17pts this season, then obviously those two titles wouldn't be awarded and we'd declare no champions for those seasons. Ours were lost due to defeats at the Etihad and theirs in 2011 due to the 6-3 at OT, so should be awarded. Only fair I reckon.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13150 on: April 9, 2021, 11:02:59 am »
With such a gap, 19pts under Mourinho and likely at least 17pts this season, then obviously those two titles wouldn't be awarded and we'd declare no champions for those seasons. Ours were lost due to defeats at the Etihad and theirs in 2011 due to the 6-3 at OT, so should be awarded. Only fair I reckon.
Sounds fair Rob  ;D
Yeah it would award Utd an additional title this season potentially. But at the end of the day, City are where they are through cheating. Whoever came second should get the title, whoever that might be and however poor a second placed finisher they were.

Online JRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13151 on: April 9, 2021, 11:29:02 am »
Sounds fair Rob  ;D
Yeah it would award Utd an additional title this season potentially. But at the end of the day, City are where they are through cheating. Whoever came second should get the title, whoever that might be and however poor a second placed finisher they were.
This is true, however I would just be satisfied with the authorities growing a pair and actually stripping city of their titles for what they have done. Uefa were pathetic , why the fuck did they wait until all the evidence was time barred? Something very suspicious in that for me. Why would they even have a clause that allowed evidence to become time barred anyway?

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13152 on: April 9, 2021, 02:07:31 pm »
This is true, however I would just be satisfied with the authorities growing a pair and actually stripping city of their titles for what they have done. Uefa were pathetic , why the fuck did they wait until all the evidence was time barred? Something very suspicious in that for me. Why would they even have a clause that allowed evidence to become time barred anyway?
I don't understand how something that had been occurring as recently as two years prior could be time barred. It's all very fishy.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #13153 on: April 10, 2021, 03:14:18 am »
I don't understand how something that had been occurring as recently as two years prior could be time barred. It's all very fishy.
The term was 5 years, but your question is still valid - UEFA should not have expiration date on cheating. Other irregularities were not satisfactorily proven, which I don't know what to think about. There should be no financial connection between the sponsor and the club, otherwise it's all wishy-washy.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Online JRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13154 on: April 10, 2021, 09:42:29 am »
So now that Man City have officially got the highest wage bill in the league ( even though we all suspected they did anyway with all other payments taken into account) and they will likely smash the British transfer record in the summer; how will the great sports-washed  of Manchester try to defend Abu Dhabi’s grotesque spending now?

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #13155 on: April 10, 2021, 10:25:46 am »

When you've got most of the print journalists on the take, they control the football media to a large extent. Have done for a while and have gained many recruits along the way.
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Online JRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13156 on: April 10, 2021, 10:42:12 am »
When you've got most of the print journalists on the take, they control the football media to a large extent. Have done for a while and have gained many recruits along the way.
I’ve often wondered why the Media haven’t gone after Man City after what they’ve been up to. This would explain it.

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13157 on: April 10, 2021, 11:07:23 am »
I knew they had certain journalists when that obese bearded Hammers fan Journo was wheeled out on the Sunday Supplement practically the very same weeks City were in the press about FFP, the revelations, Uefa banning, CAS trial. Usually a Journo on there would be on every 6-7 weeks, his slot was always the week City were getting bad PR, he actually did two episodes in a row at one point last season.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2021, 11:15:58 am by RedSince86 »
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Online JRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13158 on: April 10, 2021, 12:07:31 pm »
I knew they had certain journalists when that obese bearded Hammers fan Journo was wheeled out on the Sunday Supplement practically the very same weeks City were in the press about FFP, the revelations, Uefa banning, CAS trial. Usually a Journo on there would be on every 6-7 weeks, his slot was always the week City were getting bad PR, he actually did two episodes in a row at one point last season.
Yes, I remember Bluto constantly backing city up , he sounded like a proper BlueLoon.
Maybe the press didn’t fancy taking on Abu Dhabi, with their threats of tying Uefa up in litigation for years , they would likely do the same to the media outlets that spoke out against City. An example of stifling free speech.

Offline Historical Fool

• A fool in the present too. The ban on drivel from 666 has led to a remarkable increase in forum quality. Currently being spectacularly wooshed. Seemingly by, well, just about everything.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FSG EOTM June ‘23
    • Fenway Sports Group
« Reply #13159 on: April 10, 2021, 12:33:15 pm »
So now that Man City have officially got the highest wage bill in the league ( even though we all suspected they did anyway with all other payments taken into account) and they will likely smash the British transfer record in the summer; how will the great sports-washed  of Manchester try to defend Abu Dhabi’s grotesque spending now?

To be fair their rebuild comes at absolutely the worst time for them re: covid impact...will have to see if their owners absorb covid loss or inject a loan to cover it...think that’s the minimum expectation of good owners at this point
You're all too fucking serious, the lot of you. Relax, we don't really matter.

Oh, and we should have an in's and out's topic, stickied.