Author Topic: COVID-19:VERIFIED news sources, 0 politishit, 0 CONSPIRACY SHITE  (Read 3508834 times)

Online HarryLabrador

• went broke, so had to get the retrievers in.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: COVID-19:VERIFIED news sources, 0 politishit, 0 CONSPIRACY SHITE
« Reply #67400 on: December 27, 2021, 04:13:46 pm »
Today 98,515 tested positive Deaths 143
SoS Membership Number: 387

Offline Thepooloflife

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #67401 on: December 27, 2021, 04:19:45 pm »
Today 98,515 tested positive Deaths 143
Yeah, but incomplete data, due to hols.....likely shoot up tomorrow or Wednesday

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67402 on: December 27, 2021, 04:27:08 pm »
Well this sucks.

I had one visitor on Christmas Day, who did a negative LFT before coming round, but who now has had two positive LFTs.

She only stayed about an hour, and we were a good six feet apart for most of her visit, other than a quick hug when she left. I've not tested myself yet - I'd expect it to be negative at this point anyway - but it's probably enough to monkey wrench my plans for the rest of the week.

What's the drill on boosters if you get Covid?  Doesn't seem to be much point getting the booster right on the heels of an infection. Do I wait a month or two? (Assuming I have it?)
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Online HarryLabrador

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67403 on: December 27, 2021, 04:28:56 pm »
Yeah, but incomplete data, due to hols.....likely shoot up tomorrow or Wednesday
Exactly. Thank you for the update

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67404 on: December 27, 2021, 04:33:55 pm »
What's the drill on boosters if you get Covid?  Doesn't seem to be much point getting the booster right on the heels of an infection. Do I wait a month or two? (Assuming I have it?)

if you're positive you gotta wait 4 weeks IIRC. they'd ask you at the appointment too.
YNWA.

Online HarryLabrador

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67405 on: December 27, 2021, 04:54:46 pm »
from the BBC Some 103,558 cases were recorded in England on 26 December and 98,515 on 27 December.

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67406 on: December 27, 2021, 04:57:32 pm »
if you're positive you gotta wait 4 weeks IIRC. they'd ask you at the appointment too.

Thanks.  I'd probably have to wait that long if I booked a booster now anyway.

I've just done a test, won't know the result for at least another 20 minutes though. I'm expecting a negative, but we shall see.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #67407 on: December 27, 2021, 05:07:32 pm »
No new restrictions in England!

Party time for NYE (outdoors if you can).
« Last Edit: December 27, 2021, 05:11:31 pm by Nick110581 »
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Online smicer07

• Negative, miserable sod!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67408 on: December 27, 2021, 05:10:47 pm »
No new restrictions in England!

Party time for NYE.

Party time for Omicron!

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #67409 on: December 27, 2021, 05:11:53 pm »
Party time for Omicron!

Remain cautious and stay outside.

Seems logical.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #67410 on: December 27, 2021, 05:25:58 pm »
Thanks.  I'd probably have to wait that long if I booked a booster now anyway.

I've just done a test, won't know the result for at least another 20 minutes though. I'm expecting a negative, but we shall see.
How you doing. ? Positive seems to faintly show up almost instantly.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Online Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #67411 on: December 27, 2021, 05:30:26 pm »
How you doing. ? Positive seems to faintly show up almost instantly.

It came back negative, so I'll do another one tomorrow.

I'm supposed to be going up to Caldies tomorrow with a mate. Have explained the situation to her. We've both tested negative tonight and will both test again in the morning. If they come back clear we will go in her car wearing masks. We'll be walking outside for the most part so it should be fine. She probably won't come into my flat though, just to be safe. She knows the situation so it's her decision.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #67412 on: December 27, 2021, 05:57:13 pm »
Why don’t people in same household have to self isolate now ?

Offline Legs

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #67413 on: December 27, 2021, 06:18:29 pm »
Why don’t people in same household have to self isolate now ?

Is that only if jabbed ?

Offline WorldChampions

• Charlie uniform november tango fan...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67414 on: December 27, 2021, 06:24:33 pm »
That's two people I know now that have tested negative every day on LFT but didn't believe it and subsequently got a positive result from a PCR. Slightly worrying as most people use it as an indicator they are in the clear.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #67415 on: December 27, 2021, 06:26:35 pm »
That's two people I know now that have tested negative every day on LFT but didn't believe it and subsequently got a positive result from a PCR. Slightly worrying as most people use it as an indicator they are in the clear.
LFT is a pretty god indicator of infectiousness though, it wouldn’t entirely surprise me if it replaces the PCR test in most cases as a quicker and cheaper alternative
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67416 on: December 27, 2021, 06:34:55 pm »

My wife had positive PCR but has been consistently testing negative on LFT. But showed faintly on LFT on day five and now strongly on day six.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline beardsley4ever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #67417 on: December 27, 2021, 07:47:14 pm »
https://twitter.com/ChrisCEOHopson/status/1475540046677790723?s=20

Excellent thread.  Worth reading, if you have the time.

Online Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67418 on: December 27, 2021, 08:10:58 pm »
That's fair enough if that turns out to be the case. Sorry I was just being pedantic about your logic which read to me - and apologies if I misunderstood - that if a year is fine for the flu, it must be fine for Covid.

No worries.

Merry Christmas  :thumbup

(check out that doc I suggested in the climate thread)
« Last Edit: December 27, 2021, 08:26:23 pm by Red-Soldier »

Online Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #67419 on: December 27, 2021, 08:11:33 pm »
My wife had positive PCR but has been consistently testing negative on LFT. But showed faintly on LFT on day five and now strongly on day six.

The problem with LFT is that when you compare individual cases you can see a lack of consistency. Some people have the issue your wife has, whereas others test positive on LFT but negative on a PCR.

For me, there's not much point ordering a PCR yet.  Even if by some miracle the test was delivered by Wednesday and I sent it back immediately, given the time of year I doubt I'd have a result by Friday, and it's probably too early to get a valid result either way in any case.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2021, 08:18:00 pm by Red Berry »

Popcorn's Art

Offline PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67420 on: December 27, 2021, 08:37:11 pm »
The problem with LFT is that when you compare individual cases you can see a lack of consistency. Some people have the issue your wife has, whereas others test positive on LFT but negative on a PCR.

For me, there's not much point ordering a PCR yet.  Even if by some miracle the test was delivered by Wednesday and I sent it back immediately, given the time of year I doubt I'd have a result by Friday, and it's probably too early to get a valid result either way in any case.

Can you not do a drive through? edging 36hrs rather than 24 in our exeperience. Much longer than that , and we might as well not bother (and stay in , isolate, and start LFT on day 6)

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67421 on: December 27, 2021, 09:15:27 pm »

It'll be Thursday for deaths in England

Online filopastry

• seldom posts but often delivers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let me tell you a story.........
« Reply #67422 on: December 27, 2021, 10:28:14 pm »
Some good news for a change, as it appears that infection with Omicron does help to provide some protection from Delta (and presumably other variants as well)

https://twitter.com/sigallab/status/1475584479540486148

Offline jonnypb

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT97
« Reply #67423 on: December 27, 2021, 10:32:50 pm »
Party time for Omicron!

Just seems strange that the other UK nations are tightening up on restrictions as they can see how quickly Omicron is putting pressure on the NHS, yet Boris is happy for Omicron to rip through England knowing that so many people will be meeting up over the holiday period. I wonder if he’d be making the same decisions if this was happening at the end of January outside of the lucrative holiday season for hospitality!?

Hospital admissions have risen 27% in the last week and is at the highest level since the start of March when we were under tight lockdown restrictions.  We all want to be able to meet up with friends and family and celebrate new year, but at what cost will this be? I think January and February could be pretty grim.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #67424 on: December 27, 2021, 10:37:25 pm »
Just seems strange that the other UK nations are tightening up on restrictions as they can see how quickly Omicron is putting pressure on the NHS, yet Boris is happy for Omicron to rip through England knowing that so many people will be meeting up over the holiday period. I wonder if he’d be making the same decisions if this was happening at the end of January outside of the lucrative holiday season for hospitality!?

Hospital admissions have risen 27% in the last week and is at the highest level since the start of March when we were under tight lockdown restrictions.  We all want to be able to meet up with friends and family and celebrate new year, but at what cost will this be? I think January and February could be pretty grim.

Living in restriction free Chester we'll have swarms heading over the border from places like Wrexham and Rhyl. Where's Edward the First when you need him?

Online filopastry

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67425 on: December 27, 2021, 10:41:07 pm »

Easy one for NI, as the NHS there is basically on its arse, they were moving towards restrictions before Omicron came on the scene.

Online Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #67426 on: December 27, 2021, 10:57:25 pm »
Can you not do a drive through? edging 36hrs rather than 24 in our exeperience. Much longer than that , and we might as well not bother (and stay in , isolate, and start LFT on day 6)

I don't drive?  ;D

I was only exposed on Saturday and the exposure was extremely minimal. I could do a PCR tomorrow and guarantee it would be negative because Covid just doesn't flare up that quickly.  I doubt even Omicron would show up so soon.

It will likely be the end of the week minimum before I start exhibiting symptoms, assuming I even have it. But I will be be using my LFTs for daily testing, and holding onto them for 24 hours to see if there's any delayed response.

Popcorn's Art

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #67427 on: December 27, 2021, 11:01:04 pm »
I don't drive?  ;D

I was only exposed on Saturday and the exposure was extremely minimal. I could do a PCR tomorrow and guarantee it would be negative because Covid just doesn't flare up that quickly.  I doubt even Omicron would show up so soon.

It will likely be the end of the week minimum before I start exhibiting symptoms, assuming I even have it. But I will be be using my LFTs for daily testing, and holding onto them for 24 hours to see if there's any delayed response.

Don't the new kits say that you shouldn't note the test after 30 minutes?

Online Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #67428 on: December 27, 2021, 11:05:10 pm »

Well I've had these boxes for a few months, so they're probably the older ones. Plus I've read on here how people have noted an LFT to turn positive many hours after they initially thought it was positive. I lose nothing by leaving it on the table until tomorrow before chucking it away

Popcorn's Art

Online filopastry

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67429 on: December 27, 2021, 11:07:59 pm »
With LFTs I have also seen a few people saying they are getting better results testing both nose and throat even with the tests that say to test nose only.

Offline djahern

• aka Gail Yodeller
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67430 on: December 28, 2021, 12:25:37 am »
I don't drive?  ;D

Omicron incubation time is fairly short - perhaps as short as 2 days. As filopastry mentions above, there’s a few anecdotal reports of a throat swab showing as positive a day or two earlier than a nose swab. Perhaps due to better early replication in the throat rather than the nose and matching some suggestions that a sore throat is a common early symptom.

I’d say doing both a throat/nose swab, even if the test says to just do the nose is more beneficial than keeping the test for longer than the 30 minutes.

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67431 on: December 28, 2021, 08:45:01 am »

Yes. Though I don't know why. There's a strip of paper with reactive ink (basically) in two spots. The liquid flows across the paper, and activates the ink. Once that is done, it just dries. I don't know why it would change again.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Online Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #67432 on: December 28, 2021, 08:47:04 am »
^^^ I've always swabbed throat and nose, although admittedly the throat one always makes me gag so I'm never sure if I've done it right!

I have a slight tightness/soreness/dryness in my throat this morning, but that's something I've experienced off/on on the odd day for months. I'll do another test after my morning coffee and see what it says. Maybe I'll try to offer more swab love to my tonsils :)

Popcorn's Art

Offline NCrawley

• Kopite
« Reply #67433 on: December 28, 2021, 09:06:36 am »
Had my booster yesterday (Moderna, other 2 doses were Pfizer with no issues) but feel absolutely shocking today, had flu a few weeks back (not covid) and feel worse than that!

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67434 on: December 28, 2021, 09:08:11 am »
https://twitter.com/ChrisCEOHopson/status/1475540046677790723?s=20

Excellent thread.  Worth reading, if you have the time.
It is and coincidently as I was reading it he came on BBC news.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67435 on: December 28, 2021, 09:13:59 am »
Had my booster yesterday (Moderna, other 2 doses were Pfizer with no issues) but feel absolutely shocking today, had flu a few weeks back (not covid) and feel worse than that!

Purely anecdotal but anyone i know that have had a Moderna booster have had a terrible day afterwards.

Offline NCrawley

• Kopite
« Reply #67436 on: December 28, 2021, 09:16:05 am »
Purely anecdotal but anyone i know that have had a Moderna booster have had a terrible day afterwards.

Yes same with others I know as well, was hoping to avoid it but nvm!

Online west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #67437 on: December 28, 2021, 09:21:42 am »

Same with me, very rough after the Moderna booster, much worse then either AZ dose I had previously.
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Online west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #67438 on: December 28, 2021, 09:24:08 am »
Study in SA suggests catching Omicron provides improved immunity against catching Delta.

https://apple.news/AkgZV3EMqQM6w3LJji84Pig
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline TheKid.

• Goat abuser
  • Legacy Fan
  • Vamos
« Reply #67439 on: December 28, 2021, 09:24:44 am »
Weirdly I felt absolutely fine after my Moderna booster. Sore arm but that was it - felt really bad after my first AZ jab and quite bad after my second