Author Topic: COVID-19:VERIFIED news sources, 0 politishit, 0 CONSPIRACY SHITE  (Read 3492714 times)

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
Re: COVID-19:VERIFIED news sources, 0 politishit, 0 CONSPIRACY SHITE
« Reply #66800 on: December 20, 2021, 07:07:54 pm »
His dithering causes a lot of anxiety for businesses as they don't know whether to place drinks / food orders.

Plus it is stressful for families trying to organise things but it is only one day.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66801 on: December 20, 2021, 07:13:40 pm »
Thanks for the great post classycarra
pleased you found it useful mate

Online TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #66803 on: December 20, 2021, 07:19:46 pm »
Interestingly, my Mum has just got an email from the NHS about new treatments and they're sending her a PCR in case she gets symptoms down the line, so that they can get the drugs to her quickly. I'm assuming lots of people will be getting similar?

It's for antivirals and monoclonal antibodies, apparently.

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/treatments-for-coronavirus/

Just spoke to my daughter who has recently had a transplant and she's received the same email. She has a telephone discussion booked with her consultant tomorrow so should be able to get any questions answered.

Once again the NHS doing their very best in contrast to the laissez faire dilettantes running the country.

Offline frag

• ile
  • Legacy Fan
  • We’ve been to...
« Reply #66804 on: December 20, 2021, 07:20:40 pm »
You have't answered my question.

The scientific advice was to continue wearing them. Every other European country kept it as standard.

So based on that, why would you stop?

It shouldn't matter what reason I have, or anyone else has, should it? You've committed to the view that regardless of someone's personal reasons such as mental health factors, not wearing a mask when not legally required, is grounds for them being a bad person full stop.

I respect your decision to continue to wear a mask, however, your over-simplistic approach to being a "decent" person is strange to me. More than happy to accept your belief that people can be deemed less "decent" if they have no valid reason to not wear mask and still choose not to, but to make the sweeping statement without any deeper understanding or consideration of other factors is something i can't respect.

I don't want to derail the thread, as plenty of informative and useful information shared that shouldn't be bogged down by myself for sure.

Offline alonsoisared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66805 on: December 20, 2021, 07:28:29 pm »
It shouldn't matter what reason I have, or anyone else has, should it? You've committed to the view that regardless of someone's personal reasons such as mental health factors, not wearing a mask when not legally required, is grounds for them being a bad person full stop.

I respect your decision to continue to wear a mask, however, your over-simplistic approach to being a "decent" person is strange to me. More than happy to accept your belief that people can be deemed less "decent" if they have no valid reason to not wear mask and still choose not to, but to make the sweeping statement without any deeper understanding or consideration of other factors is something i can't respect.

I don't want to derail the thread, as plenty of informative and useful information shared that shouldn't be bogged down by myself for sure.
also don't want to derail the thread but what mental health reason would someone have for not wearing a mask?

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66806 on: December 20, 2021, 07:29:00 pm »
Just walked through the Trafford Centre on my way back from the Asda, hundreds and I mean hundreds in the 15-30 age group not wearing masks and not giving a fuck.

How the fuck does Boris expect those of us who have followed the rules and got fully vaccinated to do what he says when the rest don't give a fuck?
Jurgen YNWA

Online Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66807 on: December 20, 2021, 07:39:06 pm »
also don't want to derail the thread but what mental health reason would someone have for not wearing a mask?

Why masks can cause difficult feelings

Many of us have been wearing masks to help stop the spread of coronavirus during the pandemic. But masks are not easy for everyone, especially those of us with mental health problems.
Challenges with wearing a mask yourself

These are some ways in which you may struggle with wearing a face mask or covering:

You might feel anxious or panicky, as covering your mouth and nose might affect the air you breathe. This can cause symptoms like feeling dizzy or sick, which you may then associate with your mask.
    You might feel trapped or claustrophobic.
    Covering your face changes the way you look, which may cause negative feelings around your identity or body image.
    Certain materials touching your skin might feel very hard to cope with, which may create sensory overload.
    If you wear glasses, they might steam up so you can't see clearly. This might add to feeling overwhelmed.

If you don't wear a mask because you are exempt, there may also be things that you are worried about:

You might feel anxious about being judged, shamed or stigmatised in public. You might feel upset if people assume you are avoiding wearing a mask for the 'wrong' reasons. This may feel especially hard if the reason you can't wear a mask is linked to your mental health.
    You may also feel worried about being turned away from places where a mask is required. Or you may worry about being asked to pay a fine, in situations where masks are required by law.

“I get very anxious about all the people who wear masks, they make me feel like I am full of dirt and germs.”
Challenges with masks and other people

You might worry about seeing other people wearing masks when you are out in public. For example:

Seeing people with covered faces might make you feel uneasy or scared of others. They might seem threatening, sinister or dehumanised.
    Masks are a visual reminder of the virus, so seeing masks might make you feel on edge or unable to relax. It might seem like danger is everywhere, especially if coronavirus is also in the news.
    Wearing or seeing people wear masks might trigger a memory of a traumatic event. If this is the case for you, there is further guidance on the Victim Support website

https://www.mind.org.uk/information-support/coronavirus/mask-anxiety-face-coverings-and-mental-health/#WhyMasksCanCauseDifficultFeelings

« Last Edit: December 20, 2021, 07:42:23 pm by Red-Soldier »

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #66808 on: December 20, 2021, 07:40:11 pm »

Not wearing a mask feels particularly selfish.

And you mention mental health but surely protecting yourself and others is better for that. 

Wearing a mask doesn't affect the air you breathe either. And if you have trouble wearing one then wear a face shield.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2021, 07:42:13 pm by Nick110581 »
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #66809 on: December 20, 2021, 07:41:45 pm »
Got the met into Manchester earlier to get my hair cut and pick a few things up. Mask wearing was good on the met, only ones not wearing it seemed in the 22 and under sort of age group.

In the barbers a guy is sat in the chair next to me, no mask on, chatting away to the barber doing his hair. Comes to the end and he then goes "Hopefully the results of my PCR come through soon, my GF is having to isolate as a close contact with someone who has tested positive and she's not feeling great." The barber nearly launched the c*nt through the window.

Very sleepy right now.
Read this , or thought I had, then the responses. Then started thinking "fuck me I'm being irresponsible not wearing my mask at the barbers". Though it never occurred to me I could get a hair cut with a mask on.
THEN I realise he should be self isolating whilst waiting for his PCR result.  From the little info, he sounds more stupid than than malicious. Barber should have had a quiet word .
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline frag

• ile
  • Legacy Fan
  • We’ve been to...
« Reply #66810 on: December 20, 2021, 07:51:24 pm »
Not wearing a mask feels particularly selfish.

And you mention mental health but surely protecting yourself and others is better for that. 

Wearing a mask doesn't affect the air you breathe either. And if you have trouble wearing one then wear a face shield.

https://www.mind.org.uk/about-us/working-for-us/  - you should apply for a job at Mind mate, you'd be fantastic in that role.

Online [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #66811 on: December 20, 2021, 07:53:21 pm »
Just a random bit of shit :-

Despite having three mutations that were predicted to favour the spike cleavage, the researchers found the Omicron spike protein to be less efficient than the Delta spike at cleaving the ACE2 receptor and entering the lung cells. In addition, once Omicron had entered the cells, it was also less able than Delta to cause fusion between cells, a phenomenon associated with impaired cell-to-cell spread.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #66812 on: December 20, 2021, 07:55:40 pm »
https://www.mind.org.uk/about-us/working-for-us/  - you should apply for a job at Mind mate, you'd be fantastic in that role.

Just wear a mask or a face shield.

It’s fairly simple.

Offline frag

• ile
  • Legacy Fan
  • We’ve been to...
« Reply #66813 on: December 20, 2021, 07:56:53 pm »
Just wear a mask or a face shield.

It’s fairly simple.

Or when masks aren't mandated, and you're clearly bothered by it, don't leave the house until they are mandated. Even easier for you.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #66814 on: December 20, 2021, 07:57:38 pm »
Or when masks aren't mandated, and you're clearly bothered by it, don't leave the house until they are mandated. Even easier for you.

If a Tory said jump off a cliff then I assume you would.

If you are confined to the house then that causes mental health too.  :-X
« Last Edit: December 20, 2021, 08:01:18 pm by Nick110581 »

Offline 67CherryRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #66815 on: December 20, 2021, 08:02:56 pm »
Despite having three mutations that were predicted to favour the spike cleavage
So Omicron's a fucking pervert now too

Offline Lawnmowerman

• Got married to Pique in April. Shakira isn't happy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66816 on: December 20, 2021, 08:03:43 pm »
Got the met into Manchester earlier to get my hair cut and pick a few things up. Mask wearing was good on the met, only ones not wearing it seemed in the 22 and under sort of age group.

In the barbers a guy is sat in the chair next to me, no mask on, chatting away to the barber doing his hair. Comes to the end and he then goes "Hopefully the results of my PCR come through soon, my GF is having to isolate as a close contact with someone who has tested positive and she's not feeling great." The barber nearly launched the c*nt through the window.

Sure the barbers just as thick aswell ffs. Who does his work if he has to isolate? not to mention the headache of contact tracing if someone walks in does have it on his premises. so he should make sure everyone wears a mask or there's no cutting. It's his property. Show some responsibility for himself and his other clients. Barbers in Dublin have been wearing masks all year with most taking peoples names and numbers for contact tracing. Wouldn't get me hair cut in a place with a guy sitting there, barber or client with no mask on.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2021, 08:05:53 pm by Lawnmowerman »

Offline frag

• ile
  • Legacy Fan
  • We’ve been to...
« Reply #66817 on: December 20, 2021, 08:06:37 pm »
If a Tory said jump off a cliff then I assume you would.

If you are confined to the house then that causes mental health too.  :-X

I was being sarcastic, attempting to point out the ridiculousness of your black & white approach to mental health and what makes a person "decent". Obviously didn't land, either way this isn't productive. I'm off to await my orders to jump off the cliff.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #66818 on: December 20, 2021, 08:07:51 pm »
Sure the barbers just as thick aswell ffs. Who does his work if he has to isolate? not to mention the headache of contact tracing if someone walks in does have it on his premises. so he should make sure everyone wears a mask or there's no cutting. It's his property. Show some responsibility for himself and his other clients. Barbers in Dublin have been wearing masks all year with most taking peoples names and numbers for contact tracing. Wouldn't get me hair cut in a place with a guy sitting there, barber or client with no mask on.

It’s the law in England too.

I wouldn’t go near one either and same with supermarkets when you get people walking around without a mask.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #66819 on: December 20, 2021, 08:09:38 pm »
I was being sarcastic, attempting to point out the ridiculousness of your black & white approach to mental health and what makes a person "decent". Obviously didn't land, either way this isn't productive. I'm off to await my orders to jump off the cliff.

It is a black and white view so no need to be sarcastic or over complicate anything.

In my opinion, people who decided not to wear masks (bar those who were genuinely exempt) when they weren’t mandated were selfish.

Offline WorldChampions

• Charlie uniform november tango fan...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66820 on: December 20, 2021, 08:10:31 pm »
My mate is a barber and the clientele is a mix but a lot of old blokes.

He had a guy in who was positive but not self isolating as no symptoms. Told him at the end of appointment.

This was around 5/6 weeks ago. Thankfully, my mate was ok!

Doesn't surprise me. A GP I know has had countless people act shocked when they have all the classic symptoms, cough fever etc and she asks them if they had a PCR test? "No do you think I need to?"

The majority of people are dumb as fuck or alternatively don't give a shit and are just acting like they are.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66821 on: December 20, 2021, 08:21:55 pm »
Doesn't surprise me. A GP I know has had countless people act shocked when they have all the classic symptoms, cough fever etc and she asks them if they had a PCR test? "No do you think I need to?"

The majority of people are dumb as fuck or alternatively don't give a shit and are just acting like they are.

There was an auld fella sitting behind me on the bus this evening. Okay, he had a mask on, but he was snotty af and occasionally let out these wet sounding coughs.  The bus was fairly busy so in the end I found an excuse to stand up and put some distance between the two of us.

It's easy for me to say I wouldn't travel if I was experiencing such symptoms, and it was probably just a cold on his part, but just being near the guy made my skin crawl.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Online reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66822 on: December 20, 2021, 08:23:35 pm »
The vaccination centre in Holyhead that's been doing appointments and walk-ins have had to turn the walk-ins away today as 3 of the vaccination staff had tested positive.

Offline Lawnmowerman

• Got married to Pique in April. Shakira isn't happy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66823 on: December 20, 2021, 08:26:38 pm »
It’s the law in England too.

I wouldn’t go near one either and same with supermarkets when you get people walking around without a mask.
It shouldn't have to be law. Mental to think people have to be told by powers that be that standing on top of a stranger for 15/20 minutes in a pandemic without a mask on is a bad idea. Or sitting on a bus beside a stranger, or standing in a queue in a shop. They have to be mandated to wear masks. People complain about lockdowns and governments telling them what to do and how to live their lives but they wouldn't have to be told if they just had common sense. Two years into this. Ground zeros all over place

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #66824 on: December 20, 2021, 08:32:21 pm »
The vaccination centre in Holyhead that's been doing appointments and walk-ins have had to turn the walk-ins away today as 3 of the vaccination staff had tested positive.

That's not good.  :(
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #66825 on: December 20, 2021, 08:32:22 pm »
It shouldn't have to be law. Mental to think people have to be told by powers that be that standing on top of a stranger for 15/20 minutes in a pandemic without a mask on is a bad idea. Or sitting on a bus beside a stranger, or standing in a queue in a shop. They have to be mandated to wear masks. People complain about lockdowns and governments telling them what to do and how to live their lives but they wouldn't have to be told if they just had common sense. Two years into this. Ground zeros all over place

I thought we could trust the great British public to behave though.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66826 on: December 20, 2021, 08:37:17 pm »
I thought we could trust the great British public to behave though.

I wouldn't trust the British public to make a jam butty, never mind behave.

Stopped at Birch services yesterday for a piss, mask on as I walk in behind a maskless family, the Dad goes for a piss, doesn't even wash his hands, the dirty fucker,

Its about time truck drivers didn't have to share facilities with the dirty fucker public,
Jurgen YNWA

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #66827 on: December 20, 2021, 08:37:18 pm »

Barber had a mask on. Guy didn't when I got there and didn't leave with one on, no idea if he arrived with one on or not, he was having a beard trim though which is pretty impossible to do with a mask on!

Offline Linudden

• Twpsyn gwirion. Definitely a Ron DeSantis fanboy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #66828 on: December 20, 2021, 08:43:32 pm »
I know the time of day when there's no-one in the smaller grocery stores in my town and where I've got a 50/50 chance of being the only customer with the whole place to myself. So there are usually solutions, at least in a country like mine where the stores are competing with each other of who can be open the longest. Many times I think people are just a bit lazy when it comes to what sacrifices they're willing to make for grocery trips. People clog the place up right after work whereas I'm willing to ride a couple of miles in the snow from time to time after 9 pm. Priorities I suppose. I know it's not super easy for single parents to do that but others sure can if stores keep open.

So at 9.40 local time at any of the local stores, you bet there's no use wearing a mask in there because there's no-one else around.
Linudden.

Offline 67CherryRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #66829 on: December 20, 2021, 08:43:34 pm »
There was an auld fella sitting behind me on the bus this evening. Okay, he had a mask on, but he was snotty af and occasionally let out these wet sounding coughs.  The bus was fairly busy so in the end I found an excuse to stand up and put some distance between the two of us.

It's easy for me to say I wouldn't travel if I was experiencing such symptoms, and it was probably just a cold on his part, but just being near the guy made my skin crawl.
See, if we get to the stage where people aren't allowed to leave the house if they've got a cold we'll be well and truly fucked.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #66830 on: December 20, 2021, 08:48:08 pm »
I know the time of day when there's no-one in the smaller grocery stores in my town and where I've got a 50/50 chance of being the only customer with the whole place to myself. So there are usually solutions, at least in a country like mine where the stores are competing with each other of who can be open the longest. Many times I think people are just a bit lazy when it comes to what sacrifices they're willing to make for grocery trips. People clog the place up right after work whereas I'm willing to ride a couple of miles in the snow from time to time after 9 pm. Priorities I suppose. I know it's not super easy for single parents to do that but others sure can if stores keep open.

So at 9.40 local time at any of the local stores, you bet there's no use wearing a mask in there because there's no-one else around.
No staff.

Incredible
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline darragh85

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #66831 on: December 20, 2021, 08:51:41 pm »
so early indications seems to be that omicron variant is less severe?

so booster vaccines to deal with Delta and kill off that variant

vaccines less effective against omicron so that takes over and becomes the dominant strain and we all live happily ever after? please tell me my science is sound on this  :(

Online [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #66832 on: December 20, 2021, 08:53:04 pm »

vaccines less effective against omicron so that takes over and becomes the dominant strain and we all live happily ever after? please tell me my science is sound on this  :(

Until we get the next dose/booster which will be tweaked to cover more mutations and yeah probably slowly dies it's death

Offline Port_vale_lad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #66833 on: December 20, 2021, 08:57:33 pm »
Around me it seems to be the under 25 and the over 60s who keep "forgetting" to wear masks in shops.

Honestly can't see the big deal with wearing a facemask its second nature now going inside anywhere, pop your mask on.

Simples

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #66834 on: December 20, 2021, 09:03:11 pm »
Around me it seems to be the under 25 and the over 60s who keep "forgetting" to wear masks in shops.

Honestly can't see the big deal with wearing a facemask its second nature now going inside anywhere, pop your mask on.

Simples

In my experience it's grim faced middle aged women and the occasional trout pouted 'minx' who are the worst offenders.

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #66835 on: December 20, 2021, 09:31:12 pm »

Simples
in Cardiff last weekend, it was probably 50% at least not wearing masks in the indoor shopping centre, signs on the doors and scattered throughout the place saying you must wear a mask to enter blah blah.  Security staff walking round the place all in masks not one of them asked anyone to put on a mask, probably too many to deal with!

It was mainly younger people, slightly higher percentage in the shops but still shed loads that didn't wear them in the shops too!

I didn't want to go as I knew it would be like that but the missus and youngest wanted to go so I went, mainly so we could drive and they would be spared the crammed trains!

Felt pretty uncomfortable (I hate shopping during normal times but this was something else) couldn't wait to get out of there
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #66836 on: December 20, 2021, 09:40:55 pm »
This thread about omicron in Denmark is quite worrying

https://twitter.com/madsalbertsen85/status/1472957311610150918?s=21

They’ve run out of testing capacity.. so who knows why true numbers are?
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #66837 on: December 20, 2021, 09:44:08 pm »

Simples

It really is simple.

Was fine before and fine when it wasn’t mandated but people are selfish.

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66838 on: December 20, 2021, 09:44:29 pm »

Doesn't work like that unfortunately. On one hand, you can't kill off delta because of the fairly large number of unvaccinated people. Plus even delta can infect the vaccinated, it is just less likely (probably about 10% risk left). On the other hand, even if omicron turns out to be milder, a small percentage still seems to get severly ill. And a small percentage of a large number can still be a large number.

I think it works more like this: we'll get progressive waves that turn out less severe each time, whilst immunity levels (against all variants) in the population grow (both through vaccination and exposure). There will be a small number of people who co tinue to experience severe disease, but we have meds and treatment methods to get them on the mend, and case fatality will become very low. At some point, we'll stop testing and case counting and isolation for the mass population, and only test eg in hospital as part of a diagnosis for treatment.

We might also end up with a sterilising vaccine a few years down the line.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66839 on: December 20, 2021, 10:04:25 pm »

it's why you need rules and laws for almost anything - most of the time most people will do the right thing because it's right and sensible thing to do. Rules and laws are in place to deal with the minority of people who behave like dicks.

What we need (I think) isn't so much a legal requirement to wear a mask, as a legal requirement not to - a proof of exemption if you will. Most people wouldn't be arsed to apply if there was an actual process to go through, even if there were no specific criteria. That said, even then it's almost impossible to police because the resources for enforcement just aren't available.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art