Author Topic: COVID-19:VERIFIED news sources, 0 politishit, 0 CONSPIRACY SHITE  (Read 3502472 times)

Offline Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: COVID-19:VERIFIED news sources, 0 politishit, 0 CONSPIRACY SHITE
« Reply #66720 on: December 20, 2021, 03:09:53 pm »
Rumour is that it’s just going to be advisory…

Can’t even get measures past cabinet

I believe the rumour is that there will be advice around Christmas and Boxing Day with actual measures being introduced on Monday of next week.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #66721 on: December 20, 2021, 03:10:39 pm »
Can't be advisory for restaurants and pubs surely - that has to be law or nothing.
Exactly.  You can choose to go in or not, but the advice will be to minimise this kind of activity.  So, they don’t have to support the industry at all whilst they all get screwed.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #66722 on: December 20, 2021, 03:19:18 pm »
Also don't understand the point of covid passports at grounds now if we can't attend even when having 3 jabs?
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline djahern

• aka Gail Yodeller
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66723 on: December 20, 2021, 03:27:54 pm »
Still going to be a significant rise in hospitalisations here if it doubles every other day.  Though I believe we have a significant vaccine advantage over the dutch?
We’ll get some key information in the next hour which will be 3 days of data showing hospital admissions in London. That’s essentially where would see first signals of what might or might not be coming.

Offline Musketeer Gripweed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66724 on: December 20, 2021, 03:29:51 pm »
If they close businesses will they have to bring Furlough back? It would make it easier for businesses, even for those employees having to self isolate for 10 days even if they have bugger all wrong with them.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66725 on: December 20, 2021, 03:33:49 pm »
So if the leak is true the Omicron outbreak is so serious that it needs relatively serious restrictions brought back in, but so insignificant that we can afford to wait a week, can't say it makes a huge amount of sense to me but what do I know.

The situation at a population level is complex - there's so many moving parts - to the extent that what you've pointed out isn't quite as illogical as it sounds.

At an individual level many of us, if not most, have never had greater protection against severe disease/hospitalisation/death as we have now. 49% of the population aged over 12 in England have had a booster dose, plus of course many people have an immune response from previous infection (majority from delta, some of whom from omicron).

However there is still a significant proportion of the adult population that have not received a single dose of the vaccine, and/or had a previous infection. In addition there are many people who are (to use the clunky wording) clinically vulnerable, including those who require social care such as the very elderly, who may not have been able to mount a strong immune response from their vaccinations.

As we all know, those of us who are fortunate to have been vaccinated and have the immune protection from the worst of the disease do not live our lives in parallel to those who haven't. Whether that's friends or family who are immune suppressed, or elderly relatives who require residential social car or any number of other situations. At any time of year, it's difficult to keep those who have COVID (without symptoms) from mingling with people who are more vulnerable to severe outcomes.

In addition to many of us never having been better equipped to fight off infection - or, if infected, avoiding severe disease - we have also never experienced the vast number of infections that are occurring now, and will occur in the coming few weeks. By pure maths, with the level of transmissibility of Omicron (plus its ability to infect those who have previously had covid, and/or who have had two vaccine doses), COVID infections will be reaching those that are more vulnerable to severe outcomes whether there were restrictions like a national lockdown or not.

This wave of omicron infections is not something that any government measures could have avoided happening - it was always a case of when, not if, omicron took off here. I would imagine that - alongside the feasibility (of being adhered to) and the dumb politics considerations - any potential restrictions will occur after Christmas. This will be to try to slow down the speed at which COVID reaches those most vulnerable to it (and, with that, those most likely to require hospital treatment). It can only have a limited effect on the overall wave, but if it delays a large enough proportion of people requiring hospitalisation for some days/weeks then it could be the difference in ensuring quality emergency care can be provided (versus the capacity of the health system falling down).

Make no mistake, lockdown after Christmas won't prevent this wave of infections. If restrictions are implemented, they will have the goal of slowing the spread of omicron infections, so that hospitals can try to provide effective treatment to everyone requiring hospitalisation.

So it's a complex picture because, at a personal level (10 days after my booster) I am fortunate to be relatively well equipped to handle an infection without severe outcomes if that were to occur. But that doesn't mean that I can take myself out of the equation for how this works at a population level. I am keen to avoid infection purely so that I don't unintentionally pass it on to someone else, who may unintentionally pass it on to someone else, who may work at a care home. Even with relative perceived safety at an individual level, with exponential spread of infections it wouldn't take long for infections to reach someone not so safe.

KEY POINT (Whether it's for yourself, or for a loved one/acquaintance/colleague): there's never been a better time to have a first dose of vaccine - you won't be subject to any shame or stigma from people administering doses, they would be delighted to see you and also to discuss any reservations you may have. Or if you know someone hesitant in a similar boat, there's never been a better time to dust yourself off and re-try engaging with them and hearing out their concerns, while politely sharing factual information in response.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2021, 03:42:18 pm by Classycara »

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #66726 on: December 20, 2021, 03:38:01 pm »
I believe the rumour is that there will be advice around Christmas and Boxing Day with actual measures being introduced on Monday of next week.
that's exactly what they'll do, as ever with this government they just kick the can down the road, they will eventually cede to the science of course but no doubt it will be too late, not entirely sure the point of allowing pubs and restaurants to serve outside in the middle of winter, other than it means less money needs to be provided to these places as they are technically allowed to open!
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline Wabaloolah

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #66727 on: December 20, 2021, 03:44:49 pm »
If they close businesses will they have to bring Furlough back? It would make it easier for businesses, even for those employees having to self isolate for 10 days even if they have bugger all wrong with them.
I don't think they have to do that but it would be an odd decision politically not to provide any support whether that is furlough or other financial measures

Offline Bincey

• Legacy Fan
  • Is that Joe Pasquale? In the garden?
« Reply #66728 on: December 20, 2021, 03:45:29 pm »
is it definitely from the NHS, check the actual email address not the one it looks like it has come from

Yeh, 100% real by the looks of it. Got her NHS number and full name on it. All links in the email are legit as well. Think it's for people classed as high risk of getting seriously ill.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #66729 on: December 20, 2021, 03:45:40 pm »

Really helps everyone’s mental state leaking stuff to media.

He’s a true leader.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline Wabaloolah

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #66730 on: December 20, 2021, 03:53:24 pm »
Also don't understand the point of covid passports at grounds now if we can't attend even when having 3 jabs?
you don't need the passport to get into the pubs, you don't need it to use public transport, that's how most people get to the ground I imagine, not sure that if the passport will be properly checked anyway

Offline Wabaloolah

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #66731 on: December 20, 2021, 03:54:15 pm »
Yeh, 100% real by the looks of it. Got her NHS number and full name on it. All links in the email are legit as well. Think it's for people classed as high risk of getting seriously ill.
ah fair enough then, you can't be too careful these days with so many scams about

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #66732 on: December 20, 2021, 04:11:45 pm »
91,743 new coronavirus cases today.  Too early and simplistic to say we've peaked earlier and lower than expected?  Schools mostly closed now until the New Year and that generally puts a brake on case numbers.

Offline courty61

• Legacy Fan
  • Never Buy The S*n
« Reply #66733 on: December 20, 2021, 04:13:19 pm »
91,743 new coronavirus cases today.  Too early and simplistic to say we've peaked earlier and lower than expected?

I think so, only in that Monday usually shows a reduction due to the weekend.

This is the hard thing to juggle as the data is always a couple of days late when we get it.
77, 78, 81, 84, 05, 19

Offline mattybeard

• Chicken Fondler. Group hug? Anyone?
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #66734 on: December 20, 2021, 04:13:57 pm »
I'm going to guess lots aren't testing as they want to enforced self isolation over the Xmas period.

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66735 on: December 20, 2021, 04:14:20 pm »
Well, the European Medicines Agency (EMA) has approved the Novavax-vaccine for people over 18, which as far as I understand is a more "traditional" vaccine. Looking forward to it being available and how many of the nutcases who are against the other vaccines, because they are based on a "new" method, will then get their shots. I would imagine some will, but the majority will come up with another reason, why they can't get vaccinated...

Finally, they had a lot of delays and it prevented us trial participants travelling in Europe easily. Read something the other day suggesting we're more likely to use these sorts of 'traditional' vaccines rather than roll-out mRNA ones every year, although I think that was just a prediction rather than grounded in fact.

Hopefully Novavax can scale their production and get doses to countries that need it.
YNWA.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66736 on: December 20, 2021, 04:17:23 pm »
I think so, only in that Monday usually shows a reduction due to the weekend.

This is the hard thing to juggle as the data is always a couple of days late when we get it.
True…. Hospital admissions are up, but much less than feared.

It’s all a bit unpredictable right now….
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #66737 on: December 20, 2021, 04:17:55 pm »
91,743 new coronavirus cases today.  Too early and simplistic to say we've peaked earlier and lower than expected?  Schools mostly closed now until the New Year and that generally puts a brake on case numbers.

It’s still the second highest ever total on record though.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #66738 on: December 20, 2021, 04:22:39 pm »
I'm going to guess lots aren't testing as they want to enforced self isolation over the Xmas period.

That’s probably playing a part in it.

Offline Wabaloolah

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #66739 on: December 20, 2021, 04:27:48 pm »
Tuesday's numbers will be interesting, that's usually the day when we get the catch up from the weekend I think

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #66740 on: December 20, 2021, 04:34:28 pm »
Tuesday's numbers will be interesting, that's usually the day when we get the catch up from the weekend I think
Yes, a bit of a milestone day I suspect …. It will give us the direction for next couple of weeks…
W

Offline djahern

• aka Gail Yodeller
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66741 on: December 20, 2021, 04:39:09 pm »
It’s a good policy. If we’re expecting the possibility of testing to be swamped, reducing any delays to getting the results to a certain population of folks will be key.

Would be nice too if there is some mechanism in place that theses tests jump to the front of the queue when they come in.

Offline RainbowFlick

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66742 on: December 20, 2021, 04:42:38 pm »
Football wise I guess that means reduced capacity or no fans at all for a month?

Henry Winter suggests it might be behind closed doors again. Don't understand why it can't go to reduced capacity for a while and asking people to mask, vaccine and test. Also combined with pubs being outside to try and mitigate spread before/after the match.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2021, 04:50:22 pm by RainbowFlick@xmas »
YNWA.

Offline filopastry

• seldom posts but often delivers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let me tell you a story.........
« Reply #66743 on: December 20, 2021, 04:54:56 pm »
Another one of my friend group testing positive by PCR (part of the Oxford study I think), but tested negative on LFT and completely asymptomatic, seem to be hearing of a few boosted people with that kind of presentation, no or minimal symptoms and testing negative on LFTs as a result of low viral load I presume. Although equally do know a few boosted people who are properly symptomatic.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #66744 on: December 20, 2021, 04:55:54 pm »
Another one of my friend group testing positive by PCR (part of the Oxford study I think), but tested negative on LFT and completely asymptomatic, seem to be hearing of a few boosted people with that kind of presentation, no or minimal symptoms and testing negative on LFTs as a result of low viral load I presume. Although equally do know a few boosted people who are properly symptomatic.

Think we may get PCR tomorrow as LFT still negative and we are full of cold / cough.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline RainbowFlick

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66745 on: December 20, 2021, 05:02:42 pm »
Think we may get PCR tomorrow as LFT still negative and we are full of cold / cough.

if you have symptoms just go ahead and get a PCR done mate. PCR is preferred for when you have symptoms. Get well soon.
YNWA.

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66746 on: December 20, 2021, 05:04:22 pm »
Johnson statement on now.  No changes despite rising numbers.  Banging on about the booster again but no further restrictions.

He’s too weak now politically anyway to do anything else.

Online redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66747 on: December 20, 2021, 05:06:49 pm »
Johnson statement on now.  No changes despite rising numbers.  Banging on about the booster again but no further restrictions.

U-turn incoming in 3.......2.......

Probably after tomorrows figures. Or after Christmas, when suddenly everyone is getting the PCR tests they didn't want before Christmas...
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #66748 on: December 20, 2021, 05:08:08 pm »
U-turn incoming in 3.......2.......

Probably after tomorrows figures. Or after Christmas, when suddenly everyone is getting the PCR tests they didn't want before Christmas...

Insane, but the moment I heard certain ministers were coming out against new restrictions knew this would happen.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #66749 on: December 20, 2021, 05:09:42 pm »

He’s too weak now politically anyway to do anything else.

Exactly this.

He is only PM for popularity and people won't listen to him anyway.

If he bought in these restrictions then people would be having Christmas with multiple households as nothing would happen.

Online PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #66750 on: December 20, 2021, 05:10:57 pm »
Insane, but the moment I heard certain ministers were coming out against new restrictions knew this would happen.

Just as we were beginning to think he'd learnt to listen to the science \ data.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline mallin9

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #66751 on: December 20, 2021, 05:11:21 pm »
Thanks for the great post classycarra
You'll Never Walk Alone

Online PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66752 on: December 20, 2021, 05:11:41 pm »
Exactly this.

He is only PM for popularity and people won't listen to him anyway.

If he bought in these restrictions then people would be having Christmas with multiple households as nothing would happen.
But many would reduce their socialising if not at the guideline level, but certainly closer.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66753 on: December 20, 2021, 05:11:53 pm »
Sky challenging him now on going against SAGE advice.  Responds as per by referring to a ‘super-charged booster roll-out’.

Useless.  A weak PM who can’t govern should go. 

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #66754 on: December 20, 2021, 05:13:19 pm »
But many would reduce their socialising if not at the guideline level, but certainly closer.

I am not so sure.

I would certainly adhere to it but know lots of decent people who wouldn't bother.

He has shown his disregard for the general public so why should they follow rules that he won't stick too.

Online PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66755 on: December 20, 2021, 05:13:32 pm »
Lateral flow tests still seem to be hard to get hold of. This can't be good.

Online PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66756 on: December 20, 2021, 05:14:58 pm »
I am not so sure.

I would certainly adhere to it but know lots of decent people who wouldn't bother.

He has shown his disregard for the general public so why should they follow rules that he won't stick too.

Because we are not all selfish c*nts.
I get your point. And I can't put a figure on it. But it's wrong to say everybody would ignore new advice. Even if we ignored it came from the PMs office, but instead looked at what SAGE are recommending.
Public transport travel is down 20\30% on government request, some people are listening.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #66757 on: December 20, 2021, 05:16:03 pm »
Lateral flow tests still seem to be hard to get hold of. This can't be good.

Ordered some today from Government website

Offline Wabaloolah

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #66758 on: December 20, 2021, 05:16:42 pm »
Good news on half dose of Moderna as a booster, even better news if a full shot is used

https://amp.theguardian.com/world/2021/dec/20/moderna-booster-strong-antibody-response-omicron-covid-vaccine-variant

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #66759 on: December 20, 2021, 05:17:22 pm »
Because we are not all selfish c*nts.
I get your point. And I can't put a figure on it. But it's wrong to say everybody would ignore new advice. Even if we ignored it came from the PMs office, but instead looked at what SAGE are recommending.
Public transport travel is down 20\30% on government request, some people are listening.

Some people will listen but a lot won't in my opinion.

You can't have a guy making the rules who can't even wear a mask and has multiple parties during lockdown.