Author Topic: COVID-19:VERIFIED news sources, 0 politishit, 0 CONSPIRACY SHITE  (Read 3498100 times)

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: COVID-19:VERIFIED news sources, 0 politishit, 0 CONSPIRACY SHITE
« Reply #51520 on: February 26, 2021, 12:39:37 pm »
Not arguing with you mate. Merely pointing out that Nick Gibb has pissed all over the previous schools advice by now saying masks are not compulsory and neither are the tests.

Another shambolic attempt at a response from Government

Missed all that, Seriously, no masks and test? That's taking the piss. Teenagers, from what I have seen, will wear the masks, so whats wrong with protecting them and the staff, regardless of whether the risk is high, medium or low? The rest of us have to do this, I can't even go into the office without Director approval in my main job and on the trucks I have to wear a mask all around the depot and at every customers premise.

Tests I'm unsure of, as none of the Transport staff I know have ever been offered a test and the impact of losing drivers is huge, remember the fuel strikes?. I remember a rant from our kids mate 12 months ago "not Key workers are we?, seriously then, lets go on strike for a week and see if the c*nts still think we aren't key, as everything stops and they fucking starve to death".
« Last Edit: February 26, 2021, 12:41:35 pm by rob1966 »
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #51521 on: February 26, 2021, 12:41:08 pm »
I mean I fail to see how teachers aren't more at risk - they've shut schools for the best part of 6 months in total because they are clearly dangerous.

Supermarket staff would be easy as all have ID and again names could be provided. Not sure on drivers but prob a bit harder for sure.

They closed schools to lower transmission which is different again to individual risk from catching coronavirus. Scottish boffin who does a lot of their science comms was just on telly putting it nicely - doctors and nurses didn't get a vaccination ahead of others because they were at higher risk from their profession but because they were regularly working with people who were. Not saying anyone's said it couldn't be done to identify people's jobs btw, just that it would be slower than pulling off the ages from NHS records and cracking on from there. So unless there's good reason to vaccinate every X over Y then it seems reasonable to go by the individual risk from catching it and ending up with serious illness to me.
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #51522 on: February 26, 2021, 12:42:38 pm »
It’s the least controversial way of doing it. Anything else will always lead to a what about xxxxx profession that hasn’t been prioritised, or xxxxx other group

It is. You can never please all of the people all of the time with any system for mass vaccination. There has to be a strategy that you stick with that is based on the science and the pressing needs of the NHS and the most vulnerable. Otherwise you end up in a position exactly as you describe. I have every sympathy with frontline workers including teachers, supermarket staff and a whole host of other professions but you could easily end up in a position where you are, for example, comparing lets say a 30 year old teacher with no underlying health conditions at all with a 55 year old male with a high blood pressure issue. Where do you draw the line ? It is far from easy but I think generally speaking the JCVI has got the list about as right as it can be. It will never be 'perfect'.
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51523 on: February 26, 2021, 12:44:33 pm »
I find that really hard to risk asses. Partly due to my ignorance about festivals.
Mostly it's outdoor.  If the vaccine significantly reduces transmission and we have lowered cases significantly, then it might be fine.  I'd guess even hugging outdoors is medium risk. If camping is involved that's totally different!

I think festivals can *potentially* be superspreader events dependent on the setup and amount of people there but there's mitigating factors (and hopefully the vaccine significantly does reduce transmission).

- Camping (probably end up with a few different people all close together) but I guess a chosen risk at that stage.
- Indoor tents: there are usually a few open-air stages and then several stages in a tent, although ventilated on the sides. That said, somewhere like Wireless Festival or Reading Festival those tents are PACKED and people will have no room to move and likely will be waiting for an act to appear for 30+ minutes and then see the performance in cramped conditions.
- More than likely people lose their 'guard' on drugs and alcohol and will be necking strangers or whatever.

If they do go ahead, I hope event promoters are sensible with the numbers they allow and the setups and that the majority are vaccinated by then. Otherwise, you'll have little case peaks in some areas with the locals whilst everyone else filters out to wherever they came from and potentially spread there.

The vastness of these events makes me a bit sceptical as to whether they're a good idea to hold a few weeks after a pandemic vaccine rollout to the population.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2021, 12:46:15 pm by RainbowFlick »
YNWA.

Offline Thepooloflife

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #51524 on: February 26, 2021, 12:44:36 pm »
I get that it's all outside but they will be pissed up, sharing tents with mates, shagging god knows who and presumably exchanging body fluids.  The vast majority of people who attend these events will not have been fully vaccinated due to their age, even if they have had a first dose, I imagine some won't bother.

As you can tell I have never been to a festival so I might be completely wrong about what goes on at them!! :)
Yep - and no doubt some will definitely get that too !  ;)

Offline west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #51525 on: February 26, 2021, 12:44:55 pm »
I think the amount of work behind the scenes simply getting the list of people for the next few weeks and getting them contacted is really underestimated. Complicating this really could slow things down considerably - especially if you are asking an outside institution to provide a list (eg supermarket workers) which you then have to cross reference with the nhs database. It’s possible if that outside institution can provide name and NHS number, but in reality they won’t. There’ll be a tonne of gaps and extra work for the surgeries. And that’s at a time when we want them to continue to deal with significant covid load and begin to get back to what they normally do.

Speed is much higher priority at this moment than focusing on particular work settings in my mind. I’d like them to vaccinate teachers over the Easter break if possible but beyond that I’d like them to prioritise the speed (and ease) of roll out.

It’s very messy, on top of the above you have services contracted out to third parties and their staff, you have zero hours contracts (they may work at more then one place or have not worked for month at a particular place), some older staff will have already been vaccinated because of their age, there’s going to be an awful lot of factors at play if we were to go down the profession route.
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline Indomitable_Carp

• Asterixophile
  • Legacy Fan
  • From the depths of Sevvy Park lake
« Reply #51526 on: February 26, 2021, 12:45:01 pm »
Honestly the rate at which people are being vaccinated in the UK....I don´t think there is much cause for complaint at all.

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #51527 on: February 26, 2021, 12:45:41 pm »
I get that it's all outside but they will be pissed up, sharing tents with mates, shagging god knows who and presumably exchanging body fluids.  The vast majority of people who attend these events will not have been fully vaccinated due to their age, even if they have had a first dose, I imagine some won't bother.

As you can tell I have never been to a festival so I might be completely wrong about what goes on at them!! :)

I mean you're not far wrong you just missed out.the drugs ;D

Although I do seem to remember someone saying that polls of young people showed 80% will take the vaccine, most may not want it but they'll see it as a way back to normality so they'll take it.

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51528 on: February 26, 2021, 12:48:13 pm »
I mean you're not far wrong you just missed out.the drugs ;D

Although I do seem to remember someone saying that polls of young people showed 80% will take the vaccine, most may not want it but they'll see it as a way back to normality so they'll take it.

I wouldn't personally be against requiring attendees to be vaccinated (assuming the rollout had filtered to everyone by then). I know of a few younger people that are completely unbothered and wouldn't be keen on voluntarily taking a vaccine unless it hindered their plans for holidays/festivals/whatever.
YNWA.

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #51529 on: February 26, 2021, 12:54:00 pm »

Group of boffins got Yougov to poll attitudes towards vaccination in September/October and then start of this month: https://rpubs.com/benwansell/729135

18 to 29 year olds now at 82% to take the vaccine when offered. Up 10% from September/October last year.

Also touches on the current discussion on priorities. Prof. Ansell pointing out elsewhere that the support for doing by vulnerability then age is broad. It just wobbles a bit when it gets to someone's individual best interest (which is thoroughly human).
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."

Offline west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51530 on: February 26, 2021, 01:24:43 pm »
Honestly the rate at which people are being vaccinated in the UK....I don´t think there is much cause for complaint at all.

That’s a very fair point, plus there may even be updates/improved vaccines by the time those at the end of the program get seen
Thinking is overrated.

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51531 on: February 26, 2021, 01:33:54 pm »

Steady.....have you seen the number of moaners in here  ;)

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #51532 on: February 26, 2021, 01:40:03 pm »
Steady.....have you seen the number of moaners in here  ;)

Are you moaning about the number of moaners? :D

Offline Andy_lfc

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #51533 on: February 26, 2021, 01:59:13 pm »

I'm with you on this, if we had been told 8-10 months ago that this will be what we are arguing over now, I think we would have been very happy and likely disbelieving it.  I get the argument about front line professions - I am married to a teacher, but I have nothing but respect for what the NHS and JVCI have accomplished so far and are continuing to do. I don't think any of us understand the complexities of this roll out fully and the strategy of vaccinating the most vulnerable as quickly as possible so far seems to be correct.  I trust the JVCI to continue to do what is right with this.

Also, an 82% uptake rate in the younger cohorts is extremely encouraging when you look at some of the vaccine hesitancy issues in other countries.  After a full year of awful news and horrendous government missteps, the vaccine rollout is refreshingly positive to me.

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #51534 on: February 26, 2021, 02:27:59 pm »
west_london_red pointed out when I posted the pic below, taken when 500,000 people descended on Bournemouth beach, this and all the other mass beach invasions and things like when I was in the lakes and it was battered, had no effect on infections, neither in the visitors nor the locals.

Now most will be vaccinated

That lack of spike was a) outdoors b) there wasn't that many infected people at the time. I think cases are still very much higher than then. Obviously coming down fast. And we didn't have a good measure on cases then.  I know for a time no case seemed to have been caught outdoors.  Maybe no overnight festivals and radically different toilets.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51535 on: February 26, 2021, 02:32:58 pm »
Are you moaning about the number of moaners? :D

Judging by the  ;) emoji, I'd suggest it's more statement/joke/sarcastic comment, as opposed to a moan.

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51536 on: February 26, 2021, 02:41:41 pm »
I, for one, cannot wait to spend some summer evenings on the beach.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51537 on: February 26, 2021, 03:21:40 pm »
That lack of spike was a) outdoors b) there wasn't that many infected people at the time. I think cases are still very much higher than then. Obviously coming down fast. And we didn't have a good measure on cases then.  I know for a time no case seemed to have been caught outdoors.  Maybe no overnight festivals and radically different toilets.

This is one bit we will never know, the estimates had it at 100,000 per day in March but with no testing its just guess work. I'm sure me and the missus, her brother and his wife all had it in March, had plenty of symptoms between us all and felt pretty rough for a few days, we know a lad he was out with in the pubs just before lockdown tested positive for antibodies a few weeks later.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline djahern

• aka Gail Yodeller
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51538 on: February 26, 2021, 03:43:34 pm »
This is one bit we will never know, the estimates had it at 100,000 per day in March but with no testing its just guess work. I'm sure me and the missus, her brother and his wife all had it in March, had plenty of symptoms between us all and felt pretty rough for a few days, we know a lad he was out with in the pubs just before lockdown tested positive for antibodies a few weeks later.
Imperial's REACT infection survey had infections at 1 in 770 in May and 1 in 1300 in June, around the time of these beach days.

For comparison, their latest results for early February (2021) had infections at 1 in 200, down from 1 in 64 in January. Of course as you say we can't know what it was in March (2020) as this study hadn't started.

Just for interest - the prevalence they measured for early February 2021 (1 in 196) is pretty similar to what they measured for end of September last year (1 in 166). The big difference being of course the infection rate was rising then, but is decreasing now (and will have decreased further since they did the latest round at the beginning of the month). Would be great to be back to those days of June with such low prevalence, but at least we're heading in that direction.

Offline filopastry

• seldom posts but often delivers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let me tell you a story.........
« Reply #51539 on: February 26, 2021, 04:07:49 pm »
Declines seem to be resuming again after a pretty significant slowing (may have been the weather)

Best vaccine day for a couple of weeks

« Last Edit: February 26, 2021, 04:12:36 pm by filopastry »

Offline Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51540 on: February 26, 2021, 04:11:39 pm »
Could the slowing down of the rate of decline be something to do with the amount of surge testing ?  It was being carried out in five or six areas, I know Bristol finished theirs on Sunday.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2021, 04:33:37 pm by Hedley Lamarr »

Offline west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51541 on: February 26, 2021, 04:32:01 pm »
485k first doses and 35k second doses so looks like they have picked up again
Thinking is overrated.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51542 on: February 26, 2021, 05:38:52 pm »
Contacted my GP this week, they just messaged me back, they've reviewed my records and moved me into group 6, got my appt for a week tomorrow :thumbup
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Babel Time

• "Gezza job!"
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51543 on: February 26, 2021, 05:44:36 pm »

Best vaccine day for a couple of weeks

Indeed, looks like the dip is reverting. Hopefully can keep improving from here.
Babel Time (n) Difference in time between supporters calling for player to come from the bench in a bid to change the game, and the time it takes the supporters to round on said substitute after he's come on and proved ineffectual. ...

Offline west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51544 on: February 26, 2021, 05:54:20 pm »
Indeed, looks like the dip is reverting. Hopefully can keep improving from here.

I’m sure I read they are opening 10 new vaccination centres so they must have the supply to make it worth opening these additional centres.
Thinking is overrated.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51545 on: February 26, 2021, 05:59:00 pm »
Contacted my GP this week, they just messaged me back, they've reviewed my records and moved me into group 6, got my appt for a week tomorrow :thumbup

Great stuff, really pleased to hear that mate. Glad you and your partner (who i hear is a united fan) are both getting your first dose soon!

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51546 on: February 26, 2021, 06:04:01 pm »
Great stuff, really pleased to hear that mate. Glad you and your partner (who i hear is a united fan) are both getting your first dose soon!

Cheers mate. Yeah, she's booked in 2 hours before me.

Jurgen YNWA

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #51547 on: February 26, 2021, 06:14:57 pm »

Great stuff, getting mine done tomorrow.  :thumbup
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline spen71

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #51548 on: February 26, 2021, 06:21:16 pm »
I should probably ring up.    50 this year with A.Fib.   

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #51549 on: February 26, 2021, 06:30:29 pm »
Yep - and no doubt some will definitely get that too !  ;)
:lmao
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline Wabaloolah

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #51550 on: February 26, 2021, 06:34:14 pm »
Good news Rob, amazed you weren't in Group 6 anyway given what you've shared about your health history!

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #51551 on: February 26, 2021, 06:38:54 pm »
I should probably ring up.    50 this year with A.Fib.

Definitely. A fib is not a minor condition if ignored, a mate ended up having a very lengthy procedure to cure the damage

Offline Wabaloolah

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #51552 on: February 26, 2021, 06:41:33 pm »
This must be a slight cause for concern, according to JVT cases are rising in 69/315 local authorities in England Public Health England data has revealed.

Offline Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51553 on: February 26, 2021, 06:50:48 pm »
This must be a slight cause for concern, according to JVT cases are rising in 69/315 local authorities in England Public Health England data has revealed.

Hopefully theses are low population areas where there’s been a workplace outbreak or something.  Swindon is one of the areas, it has a population of 230,000 so an outbreak in a warehouse/distribution centre could sway the stats.

Offline spen71

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #51554 on: February 26, 2021, 06:52:33 pm »
Definitely. A fib is not a minor condition if ignored, a mate ended up having a very lengthy procedure to cure the damage

I’ve had 3 ablations.   It’s a lot better and only get the odd hour spell.    Not like it used to be when it was days

Offline Wabaloolah

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #51555 on: February 26, 2021, 07:21:11 pm »
Hopefully theses are low population areas where there’s been a workplace outbreak or something.  Swindon is one of the areas, it has a population of 230,000 so an outbreak in a warehouse/distribution centre could sway the stats.
ah fair enough, yes fingers crossed. Thanks for the info

Offline djahern

• aka Gail Yodeller
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51556 on: February 26, 2021, 07:21:46 pm »
485k first doses and 35k second doses so looks like they have picked up again
All over 60's asked to make their appointment too. Making great progress.

Offline filopastry

• seldom posts but often delivers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let me tell you a story.........
« Reply #51557 on: February 26, 2021, 07:26:50 pm »
Even with second doses to administer, I suspect we get the first doses finished before July

Offline djahern

• aka Gail Yodeller
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51558 on: February 26, 2021, 07:30:30 pm »
I imagine we will beat every vaccination target that the government puts forward and beat it by a bit of distance in most instances.

They know this full well when they publicise the target dates.

Offline west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51559 on: February 26, 2021, 07:37:48 pm »
Even with second doses to administer, I suspect we get the first doses finished before July

Well supply seems to be stabilised for the two vaccines in use currently, Moderna should start delivering in the next month or two, we shouldn’t see many if any days of severe weather, the days start to get longer and there was talk of vaccination centres being open longer hours as they get lower down the age groups, and we could have J&J and Novavax vaccines available soon so the numbers could conceivably go much higher then the already impressive 500k a day that has been hit yesterday.
Thinking is overrated.