Author Topic: COVID-19:VERIFIED news sources, 0 politishit, 0 CONSPIRACY SHITE  (Read 3497973 times)

Offline Thepooloflife

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
Re: COVID-19:VERIFIED news sources, 0 politishit, 0 CONSPIRACY SHITE
« Reply #51480 on: February 25, 2021, 05:59:53 pm »
It’s a bit of a double edged sword.  Do you stop transmission first or deaths and serious illness.

Given that we didn’t even know if the vaccines stopped transmission when we started using them, I would suggest it was the only reasonable course of action.
Well, I totally agree - I just wondered what the chances were of a vaccine escape and another variant spreading now.

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #51481 on: February 25, 2021, 06:03:11 pm »
Well, I totally agree - I just wondered what the chances were of a vaccine escape and another variant spreading now.
I'd suggest nobody has really good figures on that either.

I'm sure there's a branch of maths that deals with making decisions in an uncertain world. I'll have to buy a book on it, read the first chapter and then let it gather dust with all the other really good books I've not yet finished.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51482 on: February 25, 2021, 06:15:08 pm »

I'm sure there's a branch of maths that deals with making decisions in an uncertain world. I'll have to buy a book on it, read the first chapter and then let it gather dust with all the other really good books I've not yet finished.

Was given this last birthday

Adam Kucharski - The Rules of Contagion: Why Things Spread and Why They Stop
https://kucharski.io/books/

By all accounts very good. But haven't read much lately, and it's a bit of a busmans holiday for the last year, so it's gathering dust for now!

Offline Thepooloflife

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #51483 on: February 25, 2021, 06:17:54 pm »

I haven't a clue either, mate - I was just asking based on what that scientist said in the video above.

Offline west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #51484 on: February 25, 2021, 06:20:56 pm »
So like Moderna, Pfizer are also looking at the effects of a third dose of the current vaccine to see if it helps against the SA and Brazilian variant as well as new updated vaccine to be given as a single dose on top of the two doses of the original vaccine.
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline Bincey

• Legacy Fan
  • Is that Joe Pasquale? In the garden?
« Reply #51485 on: February 25, 2021, 06:28:05 pm »
Excuse my scientific ignorance and understanding - but, is she suggesting there that the govt have got it wrong by vaccinating the vulnerable first and that this poses the highest risk to vaccine escape ?

I think they're just surprised by the results of the model and were highlighting a possible risk to the strategy rather than suggesting we've chosen the wrong policy but that we do need to keep cases down whilst we vaccinate either way.
It is still only based a model but to see it laid out like that is interesting, and helpful to the wider scientific community I would imagine.

Offline Thepooloflife

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #51486 on: February 25, 2021, 06:34:45 pm »
I think they're just surprised by the results of the model and were highlighting a possible risk to the strategy rather than suggesting we've chosen the wrong policy but that we do need to keep cases down whilst we vaccinate either way.
It is still only based a model but to see it laid out like that is interesting, and helpful to the wider scientific community I would imagine.

Thanks - it was interesting, even though I got lost when she started talking about theta this and theta that ! Totally agree about getting and keeping cases down - the lower the better.

Offline PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51487 on: February 25, 2021, 06:43:45 pm »
Theta will just be a placeholder. Like r
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline MakeUsDream2005

• Kopite
  • We are Liverpool tra la la la la!
« Reply #51488 on: February 25, 2021, 08:26:20 pm »
Does anyone keep reading or hearing people say 'can't wait to do such and such on this date' and think that wont happen still? I don't want to be pessimistic but I just have so much doubt now that we will open up pretty much fully in the summer. The government have constantly said 'back to normal' by certain points and it has not happened and I think opening up fully relies on everything going absolutely perfectly from 8th March onwards which is incredibly unlikely isn't it? Am I just being a miserable bastard?

I'm thinking the same way as you. I usually have an optimistic outlook on things, but I'm very cynical of the proposed re-opening dates. Reopening of schools is a huge hurdle to overcome with the much more infectious strain we have, never-mind indoor hospitality and retail added to the mix.

The aim to have all rules on social contact being taken away in June, when a significant number of the population won't see a vaccine needle for another 5 weeks (1st dose) seems incredibly naive, and dangerous. The virus would absolutely rip through those remaining groups, and jeopardise the vaccinated population.

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #51489 on: February 25, 2021, 08:57:44 pm »
I'm thinking the same way as you. I usually have an optimistic outlook on things, but I'm very cynical of the proposed re-opening dates. Reopening of schools is a huge hurdle to overcome with the much more infectious strain we have, never-mind indoor hospitality and retail added to the mix.

The aim to have all rules on social contact being taken away in June, when a significant number of the population won't see a vaccine needle for another 5 weeks (1st dose) seems incredibly naive, and dangerous. The virus would absolutely rip through those remaining groups, and jeopardise the vaccinated population.

In the mean time teachers should sacrifice their lives to 'catch up' children this summer according to former head of Ofsted. Literally he says teachers should be willing to actually die like nurses:

https://twitter.com/BBCNewsnight/status/1364717183947993088?s=19
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51490 on: February 25, 2021, 09:01:09 pm »
Was going to bung this in the Lego thread, but it's lockdown related so just as good in here.

I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51491 on: February 25, 2021, 09:02:02 pm »
Was going to bung this in the Lego thread, but it's lockdown related so just as good in here.

:wellin
Jurgen YNWA

Offline west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51492 on: February 25, 2021, 09:07:00 pm »
Petition in support of vaccine passports:

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/574479

There’s one against the introduction of vaccine passports that the anti-Vaxxer brigade has jumped on so this is the response.
Thinking is overrated.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51493 on: February 25, 2021, 09:26:26 pm »
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51494 on: February 25, 2021, 09:36:48 pm »
too much time on his hands. ;D
That's actually probably less time consuming than their start destroyer model. That death Star is mostly large flat panels with only ab few layers of bricks. Credit though for getting something curved to work!

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #51495 on: February 25, 2021, 09:57:06 pm »
That's actually probably less time consuming than their start destroyer model. That death Star is mostly large flat panels with only ab few layers of bricks. Credit though for getting something curved to work!

That's what she said...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51496 on: February 25, 2021, 10:57:09 pm »
Sorry if this has already been posted, but Independent SAGE’s modelling expert Karl Friston is predicting a herd immunity threshold of 68.3% will be reached on 16th of May 2021.

https://www.fil.ion.ucl.ac.uk/spm/covid-19/forecasting/

This guy

https://unherd.com/2020/06/karl-friston-up-to-80-not-even-susceptible-to-covid-19/

&

his model was godawful for the first wave too (have posted about it before)
« Last Edit: February 25, 2021, 11:09:00 pm by Classycara »

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #51497 on: February 25, 2021, 11:17:53 pm »
This guy

https://unherd.com/2020/06/karl-friston-up-to-80-not-even-susceptible-to-covid-19/

&

his model was godawful for the first wave too (have posted about it before)
Haha

68.3% seems very very low for such a virulent virus anyway...

To be fair to him, models are only as good as the data fed in to them, tiny changes can make huge differences in outcomes.

But he’s been wrong before, and this just looks wrong itself 
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51498 on: February 25, 2021, 11:28:40 pm »
Haha

68.3% seems very very low for such a virulent virus anyway...

To be fair to him, models are only as good as the data fed in to them, tiny changes can make huge differences in outcomes.

But he’s been wrong before, and this just looks wrong itself 

Just noticed he put a line in for his model past and future in the cases graph, but obviously was too embarrassed to put a similar line in for his model (DCM) for the deaths graph!

Yes to your point about the data, but then qualified people with the same data are predicting things much more accurately than he is. So called 'conventional models', as Costello uses derogatorily in his tweet about his pal's model.

I feel very happy the government aren't making decisions based on this guys models, which don't seem to translate well from neuroscience (not that it's stopping him from repeatedly talking up their effectiveness, and not fronting up to constant failures so far). Hopefully someone at hi university or in SAGE with a better understanding of infectious disease epidemiology can explore improving them for him in the future, and see if there's ever going to be any value in this sort of model.

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #51499 on: February 26, 2021, 12:19:46 am »
Does anyone keep reading or hearing people say 'can't wait to do such and such on this date' and think that wont happen still? I don't want to be pessimistic but I just have so much doubt now that we will open up pretty much fully in the summer. The government have constantly said 'back to normal' by certain points and it has not happened and I think opening up fully relies on everything going absolutely perfectly from 8th March onwards which is incredibly unlikely isn't it? Am I just being a miserable bastard?
yep my lad, he's planning on going to Creamfields in August
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51500 on: February 26, 2021, 08:42:49 am »
yep my lad, he's planning on going to Creamfields in August

I find that really hard to risk asses. Partly due to my ignorance about festivals.
Mostly it's outdoor.  If the vaccine significantly reduces transmission and we have lowered cases significantly, then it might be fine.  I'd guess even hugging outdoors is medium risk. If camping is involved that's totally different!

Offline OOS

• Jordan Henderson fanclub member #4
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51501 on: February 26, 2021, 09:43:30 am »
I find that really hard to risk asses. Partly due to my ignorance about festivals.
Mostly it's outdoor.  If the vaccine significantly reduces transmission and we have lowered cases significantly, then it might be fine.  I'd guess even hugging outdoors is medium risk. If camping is involved that's totally different!

Won't all adults be offered the vaccine by then, so I don't see what the issue would be?
"I think the most important thing about music is the sense of escape." - Thom Yorke

Offline filopastry

• seldom posts but often delivers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let me tell you a story.........
« Reply #51502 on: February 26, 2021, 10:03:20 am »
Late summer festivals sold very well this week apparently!

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51503 on: February 26, 2021, 10:05:07 am »

west_london_red pointed out when I posted the pic below, taken when 500,000 people descended on Bournemouth beach, this and all the other mass beach invasions and things like when I was in the lakes and it was battered, had no effect on infections, neither in the visitors nor the locals.

Now most will be vaccinated

« Last Edit: February 26, 2021, 10:06:48 am by rob1966 »
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51504 on: February 26, 2021, 10:26:16 am »

Yep. There were no spikes of infections relating to the large beach gatherings whatsoever.

I was down there the evening before the pictures appeared all over the press.

The litter and human defecating were bigger issues than virus spread.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2021, 11:13:34 am by Red-Soldier »

Offline Bincey

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #51505 on: February 26, 2021, 10:54:07 am »
Apparently going to be an update at 11am from the JCVI on the vaccine priority groups. Vid here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xqt-1qb6ps0

Offline filopastry

• seldom posts but often delivers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let me tell you a story.........
« Reply #51506 on: February 26, 2021, 11:12:20 am »
Apparently going to be an update at 11am from the JCVI on the vaccine priority groups. Vid here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xqt-1qb6ps0

Continuing to focus on being age based in the younger groups then, pretty much in line with what has been rumoured for a while

Offline west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51507 on: February 26, 2021, 11:14:16 am »
west_london_red pointed out when I posted the pic below, taken when 500,000 people descended on Bournemouth beach, this and all the other mass beach invasions and things like when I was in the lakes and it was battered, had no effect on infections, neither in the visitors nor the locals.

Now most will be vaccinated

Someone posted the actual article from the Guardian that I incorrectly attributed to the i about the gatherings at beaches. Only think probably worth considering with a festival is if it’s over a few days and sleeping arrangements. Sharing a tent or room for example would carry more risk I’d imagine depending on who your sharing with and maybe those outside toilets never appealed even before Covid!
Thinking is overrated.

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #51508 on: February 26, 2021, 11:25:22 am »

BBC News has got it on. Journalist asking whether it's just for ease of getting vaccinations done to do by age rather than by profession. JCVI member (didn't catch his name) saying there's an element of ease to get vaccine out to it but also a big part is that best way to protect people is to vaccinate them directly rather than by vaccinating people who may pass it to them and so doing by age now is best from that view.

edit: his name is Dr. Wei Shen Lim.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2021, 11:29:18 am by Zeb »
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51509 on: February 26, 2021, 11:31:20 am »
Someone posted the actual article from the Guardian that I incorrectly attributed to the i about the gatherings at beaches. Only think probably worth considering with a festival is if it’s over a few days and sleeping arrangements. Sharing a tent or room for example would carry more risk I’d imagine depending on who your sharing with and maybe those outside toilets never appealed even before Covid!

I think festivals are going to be the least of our worries, I reckon June 21st is going to be like VE day, I'm expecting A LOT of kids to be born March 2022 :)
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Bincey

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #51510 on: February 26, 2021, 11:32:28 am »
BBC News has got it on. Journalist asking whether it's just for ease of getting vaccinations done to do by age rather than by profession. JCVI member (didn't catch his name) saying there's an element of ease to get vaccine out to it but also a big part is that best way to protect people is to vaccinate them directly rather than by vaccinating people who may pass it to them and so doing by age now is best from that view.

edit: his name is Dr. Wei Shen Lim.

Yeh, good to hear them stress the importance of the speed of the vaccination process as well.

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #51511 on: February 26, 2021, 11:41:03 am »
Yeh, good to hear them stress the importance of the speed of the vaccination process as well.

Beeb have got another member of JCVI, Prof. Adam Finn, to help summarise. I hadn't thought through the speed idea, nor the point that the relationship to age would continue on down through the under 40s. He's making the very reasonable point that everyone's age is pretty easy to find on the NHS records, their profession not so much. He's also saying that they're keeping it under review so may change again in future if the evidence suggest doing that. Bit of weariness to him saying he's gone from a 3 hour meeting once a week to two 5 hour ones.
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #51512 on: February 26, 2021, 11:45:43 am »
Beeb have got another member of JCVI, Prof. Adam Finn, to help summarise. I hadn't thought through the speed idea, nor the point that the relationship to age would continue on down through the under 40s. He's making the very reasonable point that everyone's age is pretty easy to find on the NHS records, their profession not so much.

I mean they managed to do it for NHS / carehome / carer staff. All teaching staff will have school ID & schools could prob provide a current list of school staff within minutes, so should be pretty simple to administer.

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #51513 on: February 26, 2021, 11:54:11 am »
I mean they managed to do it for NHS / carehome / carer staff. All teaching staff will have school ID & schools could prob provide a current list of school staff within minutes, so should be pretty simple to administer.

Supermarkets and delivery drivers would seem to be a bit harder though? So unless there's a specific reason to prioritise one profession over another, as there was with health and social care staff, then targeting by vulnerability and then age would seem reasonable until evidence is there to support doing it different?

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51514 on: February 26, 2021, 12:04:58 pm »
Supermarkets and delivery drivers would seem to be a bit harder though? So unless there's a specific reason to prioritise one profession over another, as there was with health and social care staff, then targeting by vulnerability and then age would seem reasonable until evidence is there to support doing it different?

The DVSA would have to get involved for HGV drivers, as our licenses carry the relevant categories to drive Class 2 and Class 1, they could also pull up PSV drivers from that, but shop staff, Amazon drivers, Food Van delivery drivers etc you'd need to get into the tax records to show their employer.

I don't see how a secondary teacher is any more at risk than a supermarket worker, its a set groups of pupils, who will all be tested, sat a specific distance away and all masked up. Compare that to Supermarket workers who are out in the aisles with hundreds of random strangers passing them each day, staff touching surfaces all the time, touching stock that has been pawed by god knows who. Drivers, both the likes of Amazon, Tesco, Asda, Morrisions etc home delivery drivers are going from warehouses and shops and peoples homes and could have a valid case for saying they are more at risk than teachers. HGV drivers, while its a solitary job, do go in and out of warehouses and travel across the UK. Saturday I went to Heywood, then a Sainsburys RDC in Stoke to deliver, then Cannock to pick up a load of Pot Noodles that was destined for Cumbernauld nr Glasgow.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51515 on: February 26, 2021, 12:26:08 pm »
Continuing to focus on being age based in the younger groups then, pretty much in line with what has been rumoured for a while

It’s the least controversial way of doing it. Anything else will always lead to a what about xxxxx profession that hasn’t been prioritised, or xxxxx other group
Thinking is overrated.

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #51516 on: February 26, 2021, 12:30:34 pm »
The DVSA would have to get involved for HGV drivers, as our licenses carry the relevant categories to drive Class 2 and Class 1, they could also pull up PSV drivers from that, but shop staff, Amazon drivers, Food Van delivery drivers etc you'd need to get into the tax records to show their employer.

I don't see how a secondary teacher is any more at risk than a supermarket worker, its a set groups of pupils, who will all be tested, sat a specific distance away and all masked up. Compare that to Supermarket workers who are out in the aisles with hundreds of random strangers passing them each day, staff touching surfaces all the time, touching stock that has been pawed by god knows who. Drivers, both the likes of Amazon, Tesco, Asda, Morrisions etc home delivery drivers are going from warehouses and shops and peoples homes and could have a valid case for saying they are more at risk than teachers. HGV drivers, while its a solitary job, do go in and out of warehouses and travel across the UK. Saturday I went to Heywood, then a Sainsburys RDC in Stoke to deliver, then Cannock to pick up a load of Pot Noodles that was destined for Cumbernauld nr Glasgow.

Not arguing with you mate. Merely pointing out that Nick Gibb has pissed all over the previous schools advice by now saying masks are not compulsory and neither are the tests.

Another shambolic attempt at a response from Government
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #51517 on: February 26, 2021, 12:33:09 pm »
I get that it's all outside but they will be pissed up, sharing tents with mates, shagging god knows who and presumably exchanging body fluids.  The vast majority of people who attend these events will not have been fully vaccinated due to their age, even if they have had a first dose, I imagine some won't bother.

As you can tell I have never been to a festival so I might be completely wrong about what goes on at them!! :)
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #51518 on: February 26, 2021, 12:33:18 pm »

I mean I fail to see how teachers aren't more at risk - they've shut schools for the best part of 6 months in total because they are clearly dangerous.

Supermarket staff would be easy as all have ID and again names could be provided. Not sure on drivers but prob a bit harder for sure.

Offline djahern

• aka Gail Yodeller
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51519 on: February 26, 2021, 12:38:15 pm »
Beeb have got another member of JCVI, Prof. Adam Finn, to help summarise. I hadn't thought through the speed idea, nor the point that the relationship to age would continue on down through the under 40s. He's making the very reasonable point that everyone's age is pretty easy to find on the NHS records, their profession not so much. He's also saying that they're keeping it under review so may change again in future if the evidence suggest doing that. Bit of weariness to him saying he's gone from a 3 hour meeting once a week to two 5 hour ones.
I think the amount of work behind the scenes simply getting the list of people for the next few weeks and getting them contacted is really underestimated. Complicating this really could slow things down considerably - especially if you are asking an outside institution to provide a list (eg supermarket workers) which you then have to cross reference with the nhs database. It’s possible if that outside institution can provide name and NHS number, but in reality they won’t. There’ll be a tonne of gaps and extra work for the surgeries. And that’s at a time when we want them to continue to deal with significant covid load and begin to get back to what they normally do.

Speed is much higher priority at this moment than focusing on particular work settings in my mind. I’d like them to vaccinate teachers over the Easter break if possible but beyond that I’d like them to prioritise the speed (and ease) of roll out.