Author Topic: Harry Maguire considering his options thread  (Read 3309415 times)

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: United - το πράσινο και το gOle πρότυπο
« Reply #19920 on: September 24, 2021, 07:47:16 pm »
So it's true, you aren't dating Ole?

They split up
Jurgen YNWA

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #19921 on: September 24, 2021, 07:55:16 pm »
He always has a dig at us when he's feeling the pressure. He thinks it goes down well with the fans, and he's trying to get them on side. It's like a form of managerial populism.

Absolutely. Here's hoping the officials don't buy this shite

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19922 on: September 24, 2021, 07:56:41 pm »
The correct call is to book for diving.  If it's not a pen, then it's a dive.

That said, the number of times Mo has been rugby tackled and gets nowt, he'd probably get a dozen red cards a season for "simulation". ::)

Thing is, just like "contact" isn't necessarily a foul, going down from a tackle isn't necessarily a dive.
Jurgen YNWA

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19923 on: September 24, 2021, 08:06:36 pm »
Thing is, just like "contact" isn't necessarily a foul, going down from a tackle isn't necessarily a dive.

Oh of course. But if United have suddenly gone from getting a shitload of penalties to just a bucketload, then it stands to reason that a proportion of those that are now not being given must be simulation. It would be crazy for officials to assume that every single contact that might have been a penalty a year ago is now suddenly just accidental.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Online PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #19924 on: September 24, 2021, 08:24:58 pm »
I think it's absolutely ridiculous fans who question the referees impartiality.

I can imagine Andy running round the pitch pointing at missed foul after missed foul.  Sort of like the ranting in the Pep 2 times gif.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19925 on: September 24, 2021, 08:28:57 pm »

Oh of course. But if United have suddenly gone from getting a shitload of penalties to just a bucketload, then it stands to reason that a proportion of those that are now not being given must be simulation. It would be crazy for officials to assume that every single contact that might have been a penalty a year ago is now suddenly just accidental.

Oh the Mancs are cheating twats, this is from training today

Jurgen YNWA

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #19926 on: September 24, 2021, 08:54:09 pm »
Aren’t Managers banned from talking about refs in press conferences ?

It’s a weird thing to raise in a press conference but not surprised.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19927 on: September 24, 2021, 09:25:09 pm »

;D

Popcorn's Art

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #19928 on: September 24, 2021, 09:28:00 pm »

Penaldo and Penandes tandem?
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #19929 on: September 24, 2021, 09:41:53 pm »
Ole is a straight up weird bloke. I’m vaguely old enough to remember how he was seen as a ‘super sub’ and a likeable chap back in his playing days but I can’t stand him as a manager

Offline Crimson

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #19930 on: September 24, 2021, 09:47:08 pm »

Not Luke Sh..oh, there he is..

I have no idea what I’m taking about

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19931 on: September 24, 2021, 10:08:48 pm »
Damn you Jurgen Noble

"That’s football, he dived and I told him [off] for screaming, funnily enough, he didn’t really do it at our place but he does it here," Noble told Sky Sports
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19932 on: September 24, 2021, 10:21:07 pm »
It’s great when it dawns on someone that the balance of power has shifted. Wonder what Fergie made of that. ;D
"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

Offline Jon2lfc

• Legacy Fan
  • It's a blessing to be a Red :)

Online Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19934 on: September 24, 2021, 11:18:53 pm »
Ole is a straight up weird bloke. I’m vaguely old enough to remember how he was seen as a ‘super sub’ and a likeable chap back in his playing days but I can’t stand him as a manager

Meh, pretty sure he was a twat as a player too. ;)

Popcorn's Art

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #19935 on: September 24, 2021, 11:21:26 pm »
Meh, pretty sure he was a twat as a player too. ;)

Yeah, sly prick same as the rest of them under Ferguson. Got away with shit because of his baby face.

Hit Hyypia with a bad tackle at Old Trafford once, then scored an equaliser as Sami was off getting treatment for it. Always been an arsehole.

Online Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19936 on: September 24, 2021, 11:22:59 pm »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rngjMu3CSqI
 ;D ;D

I'm reminded of when we once played Rangers in a friendly, probably under Rafa. We battered them 4-0 and they started booing as YNWA started to ring out - but it choked off when they suddenly remembered they weren't playing Celtic ;D

Popcorn's Art

Online BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19937 on: September 24, 2021, 11:43:11 pm »
Joyce:

Liverpool in the Premier League under Klopp: 225 games, 7,192 touches in the opposition's box

Man Utd in the Premier League under Solskjær: 102 games, 2,641 touches in the opposition's box

Both 32 penalties awarded each.

Forget the number of penalties to games of 1:7 to 1:3. The only place you can get a penalty is in an opposition box, and for penalties to touches we get 1:224 to their 1:82. Therefore they get them 3x more frequently than us.

And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #19938 on: September 25, 2021, 12:11:00 am »
I think there was enough in that game to alert PL referees to what Ronaldo is all about, especially when United are seeking a winner or equaliser, he, like Vardy, is a very clever player. But a cheat.
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #19940 on: September 25, 2021, 12:36:17 am »
He always has a dig at us when he's feeling the pressure. He thinks it goes down well with the fans, and he's trying to get them on side. It's like a form of managerial populism.
What he's trying to do is so transparent. As you say, when under pressure he has a dig at us because it gets the easily hoodwinked hordes behind him. Also, he's simply trying to influence officials. He mouths off about not getting pens for dives, it gets publicised all over the media and gets into the heads of officials. He's hoping that transfers onto the field of play and his side will start getting absurd decisions in their favour once more.

This is especially so as his team seems to be set up with a mindset to bag a penalty a game if they can. Diving looks to have been encouraged and even coached into them. Of course, they have the Portuguese gerbil and the show pony in there together now to go down like bags of shite then slot home from the spot.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Tonyh8su

• Tonyign0r35u
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #19941 on: September 25, 2021, 12:37:52 am »
I've stuck tenner on them scoring a penalty tomorrow, it's an absolute cert. Only 3.5/1 as well so the bookies probably think it'll happen too.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #19942 on: September 25, 2021, 12:48:19 am »
I've stuck tenner on them scoring a penalty tomorrow, it's an absolute cert. Only 3.5/1 as well so the bookies probably think it'll happen too.
Will there be a panel in attendance to rate the quality of the dives out of 10?
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline StigenKeegan

• Anny Roader
« Reply #19943 on: September 25, 2021, 12:53:14 am »
I think all you really need to know about Oleh and his ideas of fair play is summed up in that clip of him chopping down a player from behind to stop him scoring. Story was that he got roasted by Fergie for that after and "learned that it was wrong". But that's what's in his nature and I don't think he's changed at all. Most players  wouldn't do that. Suarez would, and he would never live it down; "dirty rotten Latin cheat", but not a blonde Norwegian babyface... (Maybe people should pay more attention to the "assassin" part of the Babyfaced assassin nick?). There's more than enough evidence about his questionable character: The relationship with the agent Solbakken, the handling of the rape case at Molde AND the blatant cheating and moaning from his players. That diving is a cultural thing, it would have gone away if they had a manager with a moral compass. Whatever one might think of Mark Noble, his comment hit the nail on the head. The players are to a large extent shaped by their environment. They obviously have character traits, but those can, for most players, be amplified or dampened. Everyone can see that United are diving all over the place, they try to cheat because they have a cheating manager. Simple as that.

Imagine if they spent as much time and energy on actually practicing patterns of play as they do on diving. They we might actually have something to worry about...

Offline Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19944 on: September 25, 2021, 12:54:21 am »
What a coward as well “a certain manager”, get some backbone you gerbil an say his name.

Offline Tonyh8su

• Tonyign0r35u
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #19945 on: September 25, 2021, 01:06:38 am »
Anyone have a clip of Noble's comments about Beanz the other night?

Offline bornandbRED

• ... an ESL super fan. aka physioSTALKER
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19946 on: September 25, 2021, 02:26:38 am »
Gollum thinks he’s smart with the attempt at mind games. Luckily Klopp sees him like most of us.. a piece of smegma that will be swiped away at the flick of a finger

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #19947 on: September 25, 2021, 03:44:44 am »
Don’t think it’s mind-games, don’t think he’s capable, he is just feeling the pressure. They’ve lost to Young Boys, and to West Ham at home, dumping them out of the league cup, despite all his shiny new toys, they aren’t exactly setting the world on fire with their football. He’s under massive pressure to win this season. That is what this is all about.  Picking up on something someone said 9 months ago is quite panicky.

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #19948 on: September 25, 2021, 04:06:31 am »
Aren’t Managers banned from talking about refs in press conferences ?

It’s a weird thing to raise in a press conference but not surprised.

That'll be why he said "a certain manager" rather than naming this MYSTERY MANAGER

Because naming the manager would be against the rules.

In other words he's trying to get around the rules

As in... He's cheating. As he moans about not being able to cheat  :D

Offline elbow

• grease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boss Tha
« Reply #19949 on: September 25, 2021, 04:41:10 am »
Bunch of tarts the lot of them.

Remember Fernandes’ high pitched squeal that reverberated around an empty Old Trafford last season?
We are Liverpool!

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #19950 on: September 25, 2021, 08:17:41 am »
Gollum thinks he’s smart with the attempt at mind games. Luckily Klopp sees him like most of us.. a piece of smegma that will be swiped away at the flick of a finger

Smegma

:lmao
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #19951 on: September 25, 2021, 09:40:41 am »
Watching a game on TV referred to as a classic. This lot against West Brom. The lineup had Valencia, Rafael, Butter, Evans, Jones, Kagawa, Anderson, Cleverly, Hernandez. How in the world did this team win the title. Van Persie fired them to the title, but still, that's a rubbish side.

Online PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19952 on: September 25, 2021, 09:42:37 am »
The 'quality' of those players could have been West brom.
That surely wasnt the regular starting xi for a pl whining team?
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #19953 on: September 25, 2021, 09:45:46 am »
The 'quality' of those players could have been West brom.
That surely wasnt the regular starting xi for a pl whining team?

Yeah, maybe it was rotation, but who else did they have? De Gea, Ferdinand, Carrick, Rooney, Van Persie on the bench for that game. But, that's no title winning squad.

Offline MH41

• Kopite
« Reply #19954 on: September 25, 2021, 09:52:25 am »
Any reason why they are playing at 12.30 today? Help with the CL fixtures schedule?
Surely clelsea v city is the big one at 12.30?

Online PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19955 on: September 25, 2021, 09:58:14 am »
Yeah, maybe it was rotation, but who else did they have? De Gea, Ferdinand, Carrick, Rooney, Van Persie on the bench for that game. But, that's no title winning squad.
Peak versions of those is a decent spine.

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #19956 on: September 25, 2021, 10:07:06 am »
Peak versions of those is a decent spine.

Out of those, only Van Persie was at his peak.

Offline liversaint

• Beach boy giver of yuletide joy to ha-run-run-reindeer
  • Legacy Fan
  • Settle down Beavis
« Reply #19957 on: September 25, 2021, 10:24:13 am »
Any reason why they are playing at 12.30 today? Help with the CL fixtures schedule?
Surely clelsea v city is the big one at 12.30?

Concert at the cricket ground apparently
You say Honey? I say Fuck off.

You dont win friends with Salad

There is another option. Mr Ferguson organises the fixtures in his office and sends it to us and everyone will know and cannot complain. That is simple.

Offline MH41

• Kopite
« Reply #19958 on: September 25, 2021, 10:57:34 am »
Concert at the cricket ground apparently
Thanks

Online Wullie160975

• Oor Wullie! Your Wullie! A'body's Wullie!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19959 on: September 25, 2021, 11:01:12 am »
I'm reminded of when we once played Rangers in a friendly, probably under Rafa. We battered them 4-0 and they started booing as YNWA started to ring out - but it choked off when they suddenly remembered they weren't playing Celtic ;D

I were at that game - even Ngog looked a player in it  ;D