Author Topic: Harry Maguire considering his options thread  (Read 3305006 times)

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Harry Maguire considering his options thread
« Reply #47200 on: July 27, 2023, 07:02:08 pm »
More protests! https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/66322345

“ But United have a net spend of 1.36bn euros (£1.18bn) on transfers under the Glazers, with only Manchester City having a higher figure in that period.”
Time to phone my commodities trader and tell him to buy all the wool he can.......as well as green and gold clothing dye.

Offline A Red Abroad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We had dreams and songs to sing
« Reply #47201 on: July 27, 2023, 07:08:27 pm »
Time to phone my commodities trader and tell him to buy all the wool he can.......as well as green and gold clothing dye.

My marmoset, to get things done,
You fell in Loch Ness with Major Tom.

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
    • Terry O'Shea @184tosh
« Reply #47202 on: July 27, 2023, 09:26:50 pm »
How I wish the Premier league had a guy like Souness nowadays to fill that little coward in, he needs fixing.
Same.
Proper fucking little snide he is.

Offline blacksun

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #47203 on: July 28, 2023, 12:53:15 am »
Wrexham boss Phil Parkinson was furious after the final whistle, advising Bishop to 'stay away' from his team. "I’m fuming about it, I’ve got to be honest with you," he said.

"It was a clumsy, reckless challenge in a pre-season game and I’m not happy with it at all. I haven’t seen the goalie and he’s probably best steering clear of us for the time being because we’re not very happy."

United this pre season are clearly under instruction to be super aggressive, there were some leg breakers against us in the friendly the other day and even their B team hasnt let up, they play Real madrid later today, be interesting if they carry on their assaults and what the ref does.

Also , united charged 180 dollars for tickets and not one first teamer played. Out of order that.

I was there and said in real time that it was a bad one then I saw the replay on the big screen and was sure. Dunno how he didn't get a red for it.
A lot of their kids were being shithouses, I told the wife they are definitely preparing them for the first team.
Honestly though most of them didn't look anything special, the only one who looked half good was the CM #46, can't remember his name but his hair gave me Valderama vibes, he looked to have the ability but wanted to showboat way too much and Wrexhams older pro's were not giving him the time he's used to at youth level.
Finally got to see young Ben Foster, I can see what all the hype is about, he's gonna have a big future.
That's outrageous from Utd too
« Last Edit: July 28, 2023, 12:55:25 am by blacksun »

Offline A Red Abroad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47204 on: July 28, 2023, 10:29:20 am »
I was there and said in real time that it was a bad one then I saw the replay on the big screen and was sure. Dunno how he didn't get a red for it.
A lot of their kids were being shithouses, I told the wife they are definitely preparing them for the first team.
Honestly though most of them didn't look anything special, the only one who looked half good was the CM #46, can't remember his name but his hair gave me Valderama vibes, he looked to have the ability but wanted to showboat way too much and Wrexhams older pro's were not giving him the time he's used to at youth level.
Finally got to see young Ben Foster, I can see what all the hype is about, he's gonna have a big future.

That's that Hannibal kid. IIRC, he tried the 'sh!thouse' stuff when he came on against LFC.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #47205 on: July 28, 2023, 10:39:02 am »
That's that Hannibal kid. IIRC, he tried the 'sh!thouse' stuff when he came on against LFC.
He got their MOTM award that night in a 4 nil drubbing, him being a shithouse was the highlight of their evening.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #47206 on: July 28, 2023, 10:41:49 am »
How I wish the Premier league had a guy like Souness nowadays to fill that little coward in, he needs fixing.

I’m sure Milner still has the legs for one last lunging tackle.

Offline A Red Abroad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47207 on: July 28, 2023, 11:50:03 am »
He got their MOTM award that night in a 4 nil drubbing, him being a shithouse was the highlight of their evening.

Yeah, it was tragic for the Mancs.  ;D

Offline Mozology

• Legacy Fan
  • FSG, spend some fucking money, miserable bastards
« Reply #47208 on: July 28, 2023, 12:45:34 pm »
Don't see them finishing in the Top 4

Another year on the legs of Eriksen, Casemiro and Varane.

Rashford's form tailed off badly last third of the season

Martial's still there, Maguire still there, didn't get any mug to take Sancho off their hands, Antony is £83m

Finally fucked DDG off but replaced him with a keeper who has at least one bad rick in him per game.

90's fullbacks Shaw and AWB, and can't even name their cover FB's

Still loads of deadwood on their bench can't be shifted because of high wages.

Expect Chelsea to be so much better this season under Poch and if Villa keep up their end of season form Utd could finish below them too.

I'm predicting 6th or lower for them.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #47209 on: July 28, 2023, 01:21:42 pm »
Don't see them finishing in the Top 4

Another year on the legs of Eriksen, Casemiro and Varane.

Rashford's form tailed off badly last third of the season

Martial's still there, Maguire still there, didn't get any mug to take Sancho off their hands, Antony is £83m

Finally fucked DDG off but replaced him with a keeper who has at least one bad rick in him per game.

90's fullbacks Shaw and AWB, and can't even name their cover FB's

Still loads of deadwood on their bench can't be shifted because of high wages.

Expect Chelsea to be so much better this season under Poch and if Villa keep up their end of season form Utd could finish below them too.

I'm predicting 6th or lower for them.
They've bought Mount which will give them more energy in midfield, so Eriksens legs going is irrelevant, as for RB, Dalot starts for them there now, they're still not very good at all but they'll always spawn enough Jammy 1 nils throughout the season to be up in the top 4 or 5.

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #47210 on: July 28, 2023, 02:40:19 pm »
It'll all depend on what their most important addition does during the season.

Howard Webb
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline BigCDump

• Legacy Fan
  • Let's Klopp Til' We Drop
« Reply #47211 on: July 28, 2023, 03:56:36 pm »

Looking forward to future Deadpool/Xmen films where Utd or Utd fans are randomly depicted as assholes. I love dead on accuracy in films sometimes. :lmao
Nineteen Six. Believe it now, baby!

Offline KurtVerbose

• Legacy Fan
  • Burp! ...excuse me.
« Reply #47212 on: July 28, 2023, 08:21:13 pm »
Reportedly West Ham have bid £20m for Maguire - extraordinary!

Even more extraordinary, ManU have rejected it!
You try me once you beg for more.

Offline Bobsackamano

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #47213 on: July 28, 2023, 09:28:32 pm »
Reportedly West Ham have bid £20m for Maguire - extraordinary!

Even more extraordinary, ManU have rejected it!

Apparently Maguire doesn't want to go as he feels he should be at a bigger club than West Ham while Man United feel £20mil is derisory. West Ham fans don't want him at any price, Man United fans don't want him but feel West Ham should pay £35 million or they are taking the piss and West Ham only want him for cheap and if Man United pay half his wages.

Something tells me Harry will still be haunting our friends from Manchester next season.

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #47214 on: July 28, 2023, 09:31:38 pm »
Sounds like he wants to stay and fight for his place. Lovely stuff. Even more funny considering how every man, woman and child of a Manchester United persuasion wants to see the back of him. I hope he leaves there on a free in a few years time when the sad day does come.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #47215 on: July 28, 2023, 09:32:11 pm »
£ for £ the worst transfer in English football history, everyone, and I mean everyone could see he was a donkey at Leicester and even before that at Hull and Sheffield United, he's atrocious, he's only ever looked capable in a back 3 with two dedicated DMs in front of him......put in a CB pair and he's a calamity, he's a pudding.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #47216 on: July 28, 2023, 09:34:24 pm »
£ for £ the worst transfer in English football history, everyone, and I mean everyone could see he was a donkey at Leicester and even before that at Hull and Sheffield United, he's atrocious, he's only ever looked capable in a back 3 with two dedicated DMs in front of him......put in a CB pair and he's a calamity, he's a pudding.
But the Mancs said he was better than Van Dijk.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #47217 on: July 28, 2023, 09:37:39 pm »

I've thought a lot about who the worst transfer of all time is and surely it is Maguire. There's been a few more slightly expensive flops but pound for pound I'm still saying Maguire. He'd shown literally nothing to suggest he was anywhere near the level they'd have wanted, and I'm not having the England form as international football is often like watching a different sport. Even at international level he makes mistakes against dross. Just someone the entire family can enjoy really., good fun.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline Tonyh8su

• Tonyign0r35u
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #47218 on: July 28, 2023, 09:41:10 pm »
Remember when he scored a goal against Andorra or someone and was hushing the crowd? hahahahaah. I'm actually pissing myself laughing thinking about it.

Offline BigCDump

• Legacy Fan
  • Let's Klopp Til' We Drop
« Reply #47219 on: July 28, 2023, 10:06:49 pm »
But the Mancs said he was better than Van Dijk.

Nothing will beat that Top 5 Defenders in the world thread on Redcafe. Nothing! :lmao
Nineteen Six. Believe it now, baby!

Offline A Red Abroad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47220 on: July 28, 2023, 10:15:51 pm »
Nothing will beat that Top 5 Defenders in the world thread on Redcafe. Nothing! :lmao

Got a link please mate?

:)

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47221 on: July 28, 2023, 10:19:15 pm »
Got a link please mate?

:)

Posted a few pages back:

I was reading that Caf thread yesterday and it's baffling, already Mount is better.

Quite a few shouts that Szobo regressed, 10 goals and 14 assists last season for a midfielder.

Funny how they forget to mention the regression from Mount the last 18 months.

This is a fanbase that had Harry Maguire as a top 5 CB on the planet.

Embarrassing this thread hasn't been deleted, found it easily on Google.

https://www.redcafe.net/threads/who-are-the-top-5-centre-backs-in-the-world.463775/

It's absolutely brilliant :D
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Bobsackamano

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #47222 on: July 28, 2023, 10:22:21 pm »

Apparently he's now the best 4th choice CB in most of Europe. That's why the club want serious money for him.

Offline A Red Abroad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47223 on: July 28, 2023, 11:37:47 pm »
Posted a few pages back:

It's absolutely brilliant :D

Ta!  :thumbup

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #47224 on: July 29, 2023, 12:05:33 am »
They should have kept him as captain, then a Saudi club could come in and claim the man utd captain as a serious scalp.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline ABZ Rover

• Legacy Fan
  • Hates Poodles
« Reply #47225 on: July 29, 2023, 12:42:28 am »
They should have kept him as captain, then a Saudi club could come in and claim the man utd captain as a serious scalp.

I dont think the Saudis have a sword capable of chopping slabhead.
97 stars burning bright, forever watching over day or night

12/09/12 Truth Day!   Justice Day is coming... it arrived 26/04/16!

Offline A Red Abroad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47226 on: July 29, 2023, 12:47:27 am »

Offline GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47227 on: July 29, 2023, 03:06:15 am »
Fucking hell, they listened to that Jamie Jackson article valuing SH at 35-40 Mil (or wrote it for him). Don't be a duffer Moyesie, read the room (note the lack of Saudis)

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #47228 on: July 29, 2023, 08:46:15 am »
BBC Breakfast News just said the Mancs have turned down a £20M bid for Slabby from West Ham. I'd have thought they'd have snapped their hand off at that price. He's not worth that much, even in today's insane market.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Wghennessy

• Embarassing
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #47229 on: July 29, 2023, 09:15:10 am »
Mainoo looks to be out for a few months after Casemiro fouled Rodrigo and he fell onto him injuring his ankle. Kids lucky it wasn't Casemiro falling on him to be honest.

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47230 on: July 29, 2023, 09:39:16 am »

I know the Saudi guy hoovering up all the LFC players and ex-players is supposed to be a mad Reds fan, but isn't it telling that we've not heard a peep about anybody in the M.E. being interested in any United players?

Seems that there seems to be a gap forming between the clubs' respective reputations. Imagine watching Henderson swan off for £700 grand a week whilst your club is turning down £20m bids for you from West Ham.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47231 on: July 29, 2023, 10:23:17 am »
Nat Philips is a better defender.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline A Red Abroad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47232 on: July 29, 2023, 10:33:28 am »

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47233 on: July 29, 2023, 10:59:28 am »
Nat Philips is a better defender.

Kenny Dalglish is a better defender. Right now.

Not that he'd come out of retirement for United of course. ;)
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Online SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47234 on: July 29, 2023, 12:51:43 pm »

Offline A Red Abroad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47235 on: July 29, 2023, 12:52:49 pm »
you missed out the "NO" response.

;D

Online afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #47236 on: July 29, 2023, 12:53:26 pm »
you missed out the "NO" response.

Does the girl on the left flick the bogey onto Maguire? Hard to miss, most probably...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Online SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47237 on: July 29, 2023, 12:53:59 pm »
Does the girl on the left flick the bogey onto Maguire? Hard to miss, most probably...
;D ;D

Offline darragh85

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #47238 on: July 29, 2023, 03:18:51 pm »
Not sure who bullied worse, maguire or Phil Jones

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #47239 on: July 29, 2023, 05:29:41 pm »
A youngster of theirs missing the first part of the season, injury picked up after Casemiro hacked down a Real Madrid player who fell onto the other unite player.

They don’t do friendlies, the dumb fucks.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks