Author Topic: Harry Maguire considering his options thread  (Read 3304868 times)

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: The Seven Ted Mauling thread
« Reply #47080 on: July 17, 2023, 02:19:21 am »
This kinda thing goes way too far. He's been in a Euros team of the tournament, always played well for England, was great for Leicester. It has gone to shit here for him and he needs to go but he's not some pub player
You could have brought Steve Bruce out of retirement playing in the centre of that ultra low block back 7 and he'd have made that team of the Tournament as well.

I wonder if that Pub would have barred Albanians?
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline coolbyrne

• Legacy Fan
  • Ground Control
Re: Harry Maguire considering his options thread
« Reply #47081 on: July 17, 2023, 05:57:28 am »
God Leicester really pulled United's pants down over the signing of Maguire. At best a 30m defender and that's being kind. Strange they didn't sign Onana last season when he left Ajax. Pretty sure Inter got him on a free now United have to cough up the guts of 45m stg to sign him. There still throwing away money. Oh well........

On the cafe the're all wanting Bruno as captain. That seems outright madness. He's a sunshine boy.

The thing is, if not Bruno, then who? I looked at their roster and in terms of 1. a player who's been there awhile and 2. 'captain' material, there isn't much.

Rashford?
Fred?
Martial?
Shaw?
Casemiro?

I mean, on any other team, Fernandes would be the last person you'd make Captain, but on United? Fits them down to the ground.
Oh, these sour times.

No one admires resilience when you were just plain wrong all along - that's just twattishness.

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #47082 on: July 17, 2023, 06:25:45 am »
They may as well give it to Greenwood.
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline please, I have my reasons for it but...

• In the grander scheme of things, most definitely has meaning and most definitely has purpose. History Maker.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: The Seven Ted Mauling thread
« Reply #47083 on: July 17, 2023, 07:00:43 am »
He is.
Watch him become a decent player for West Ham now that every move of his is not under the microscope and he is allowed to be playing within his strengths.

Finished at the age of 26. The Mike Tyson of football.

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/omar_12590

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47084 on: July 17, 2023, 10:33:34 am »
You could have brought Steve Bruce out of retirement playing in the centre of that ultra low block back 7 and he'd have made that team of the Tournament as well.

I wonder if that Pub would have barred Albanians?

I saw Jaap Stam play at Anfield in the legends game end of last year and he'd have been able to shine in that defence.

Said it before and I'll say it again, Nat is a better defender than this clown, although Maguire did invent no look defending ;D

Jurgen YNWA

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47085 on: July 17, 2023, 03:42:57 pm »
Even as a neutral, It's disgusting how they are treating a club legend and one of their best captains ever.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47086 on: July 17, 2023, 03:43:36 pm »
:lmao

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #47087 on: July 17, 2023, 03:52:15 pm »

He seems to epitomise’The United Way’ better than most.

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47088 on: July 17, 2023, 04:06:27 pm »
He seems to epitomise’The United Way’ better than most.

Give it giggseehh  ;)

Online ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #47089 on: July 17, 2023, 04:28:57 pm »
Give it giggseehh  ;)

Scholesy edges it by a toe
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #47090 on: July 17, 2023, 05:03:52 pm »

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47091 on: July 17, 2023, 05:13:25 pm »
Waiting for the announcement.

"I'm talking my talents (and head) to South Beach"

Offline skidz73

• Kind Kenny... what a gent...
  • Legacy Fan
  • Don't Drink and Post.
« Reply #47092 on: July 17, 2023, 08:42:37 pm »
Is retirement one of those options. What an absolute fraud
By the way, I should tell you that I haven’t had a chance to shower while making my way up here, my balls are extra vinegary.

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #47093 on: July 17, 2023, 09:34:54 pm »
This kinda thing goes way too far. He's been in a Euros team of the tournament, always played well for England, was great for Leicester. It has gone to shit here for him and he needs to go but he's not some pub player

If hes not a pub player then how about a move to Saudi.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #47094 on: July 17, 2023, 09:54:15 pm »
If hes not a pub player then how about a move to Saudi.

A scrub player, then…
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Tonyh8su

• Tonyign0r35u
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #47095 on: July 17, 2023, 10:15:11 pm »
This fool is definitely not worth losing our Seven Hag thread title for

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47096 on: July 17, 2023, 10:43:09 pm »
Harry Maguire - all at 7s over his options.

(yes, I know the term is sixes and sevens, but work with me here...)
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #47097 on: July 17, 2023, 11:22:41 pm »

trying to stay ahead of the curve, you...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #47098 on: July 18, 2023, 01:21:29 am »

Both six and seven are numbers closely associasted with modern Man U
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Online Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
« Reply #47099 on: July 18, 2023, 08:28:46 am »
I imagine some nutter like Elon Musk would probably pay good money for his skeleton - seems about his best option at the moment.
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47100 on: July 18, 2023, 11:31:06 am »
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-66230391

Former Manchester United footballer and ex-Wales manager Ryan Giggs has been cleared of allegations he assaulted his ex-girlfriend and her sister.

It comes after charges were withdrawn by the Crown Prosecution Service (CPS) at a hearing at Manchester Crown Court.

Mr Giggs, 48, has always denied assault and controlling or coercive behaviour towards Kate Greville, 38, and assaulting her sister Emma.

Judge Hilary Manley directed that he was not guilty on all three counts.

The retrial had been due to start at Manchester Crown Court on 31 July.

Jurors had failed to reach verdicts following more than 20 hours of deliberations after his four-week trial in August last year.

He was not in court as the judge had agreed he need not attend.

Prosecutor Peter Wright KC told Manchester Crown Court that the CPS were not now proceeding with the case.

He said Kate Greville had "indicated an unwillingness" to give evidence in a retrial as giving evidence in the first one had "taken its toll" on her and her sister.

Mr Wright said: "This is not a decision taken lightly.

"In this case, Ms Greville and her sister Emma gave evidence over a number of days in a case when there was considerable media and public interest, and it is that particularly that's taken its toll on them, in particular Kate Greville."

Mr Wright said there had been "protracted" efforts to find out why she was unwilling to co-operate with a second trial but prosecuting lawyers did not think it appropriate to issue a witness summons to compel her to give evidence for a second time.

He said there was no realistic prospect of conviction on count one of coercive and controlling behaviour, and it was no longer in the public interest to proceed to prosecute on the other charges of assault on Ms Greville and her sister.

He added: "That being the case, we formally offer no evidence on counts one, two and three".

His defence barrister, Chris Daw KC, said: "Mr Giggs is deeply relieved that the case has finally come to an end after almost three years of fighting to clear his name.

"He now intends to rebuild his life and career as an innocent man."

The former footballer denied "losing control" and headbutting his ex-girlfriend and assaulting Ms Greville's sister, Emma, 26, by elbowing her in the jaw during a row at his home in Worsley, Greater Manchester on 1 November 2020.

Mr Giggs was due to go on trial for a second time facing the same charges, after the jury in the first trial was discharged.

The jury was made up of 11 people - seven women and four men - after one of the original 12 jurors had fallen ill.

During the trial, Mr Giggs admitted to being unfaithful in relationships but, when asked if he had ever physically assaulted a woman, he said "no", adding that he had never set out to control or coerce a woman.

The trial was told of the alleged assault on 1 November 2020 at his home in Worsley, Greater Manchester, where the couple returned following a row at dinner in which she accused Mr Giggs of messaging a string of women.

Jurors heard the pair tussled over their mobile phones, leading to Emma Greville, who was looking after the couple's dog, calling the police.

He denied the accusations and alleged Kate Greville kicked him in the head.

A CPS spokesperson said: "At all stages we keep cases under careful review, to ensure our legal test is met. This means there must be a realistic prospect of conviction based upon the available evidence and a prosecution is in the public interest.

"Following a recent change in circumstances in this case we have determined our legal test is no longer met.

"We have determined there is no longer sufficient evidence available to proceed in respect of the controlling or coercive behaviour charge and that it is no longer in the public interest to prosecute the remaining assault charges.

"This decision was made following detailed discussions with Greater Manchester Police and consultation with the complainants.

"It is not the function of the CPS to decide whether a person is guilty of a criminal offence, but to make fair, independent and objective assessments about whether it is appropriate to present charges for the criminal court to consider.

"We encourage any potential victims to come forward and report offences to the police and we will prosecute wherever our legal test is met."

The Cardiff-born former player made 963 appearances for Manchester United, scoring 168 goals.

He also played 64 times for Wales, and went on to manage his national team.

He stepped away from his role in November 2020 after being arrested and resigned as manager in June 2022 while awaiting trial.

His replacement Robert Page went on to take Wales to their first World Cup in 58 years in Qatar at the end of 2022.

Amazing how these multi millionaires keep getting off with things.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline norecat

• Kopite
« Reply #47101 on: July 18, 2023, 12:26:12 pm »
In a sense the not guilty verdict for Giggs is academic. I lost all respect for him after his affair with his brother's wife which went on for 8 years.

The law might see us as equal before it but your chance of justice is elevated if you can afford top notch legal representation. From what I understand one charged couldn't be definitively proved and a key witness on the second charge wasn't willing to go through a retrial.

On that basis I think the charges are dropped with a question mark over his innocence.

The Greenwood situation is sinister as well. The audio in the tape shows a clear disrespect from his towards his girlfriend. The same girlfriend who has now made him a dad. Surely any girl with any self respect would walk away from someone who spoke to her like he did in the audio clip. It's looking like in the football world that money trump's morals.

Online Bobsackamano

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #47102 on: July 18, 2023, 12:46:26 pm »
https://www.bbc.com/sport/articles/czqy1qp79jjo

This is going to end up being the comedy story of the summer along with all the other players they vastly overpay that the need to sell. No club who would want any of them can afford their wages, do these clowns seriously expect the likes of West Ham to smash their wage structure and upset all the other players to sign Harry Maguire.

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #47103 on: July 18, 2023, 01:12:55 pm »
https://www.bbc.com/sport/articles/czqy1qp79jjo

This is going to end up being the comedy story of the summer along with all the other players they vastly overpay that the need to sell. No club who would want any of them can afford their wages, do these clowns seriously expect the likes of West Ham to smash their wage structure and upset all the other players to sign Harry Maguire.

Trapped in the body and income stream of Harry Maguire, this week's current hard luck story
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline only6times

• a night. Founder of the Breck Road Brasses mediation service. Owner of an out of control Fat Finger.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47104 on: July 18, 2023, 01:16:52 pm »
Just saw him hanging round outside Clarke's Butchers on Allerton Road.
bitter,not me.a granddad,but I'm not even 40

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #47105 on: July 18, 2023, 02:15:20 pm »
Onana is probably an upgrade on current De Gea but not sure by how much. Good campaign in the Champions League of course, but only kept 8 clean sheets in Serie A. Good business by Inter who signed him on a free last season. I've usually only ever seen him in the Champions League where he's been alright with the occasional blunders, think that Curtis Jones goal behind closed doors a few years ago.

Interesting to see how these fare next season. There's no area of their team where I think they're particularly strong, finishing behind these and Newcastle last season was a fucking disaster
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #47106 on: July 18, 2023, 03:25:48 pm »
Who would have thought that after that Brentford game when they were a disaster that we would end up losing to them the next week, beating them 7-0 and then finishing behind them, disaster indeed.

I think any keeper they buy would be sensible to request in their contract that they never have to see round Maguires head.
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #47107 on: July 18, 2023, 04:05:51 pm »
Resigned Johnny Evans?

Everton levels of desperation if true

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47108 on: July 18, 2023, 05:29:11 pm »
Resigned Johnny Evans?

Everton levels of desperation if true

Seemingly just to play in a couple of friendlies. Weird

Offline Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47109 on: July 18, 2023, 05:38:51 pm »
Seemingly just to play in a couple of friendlies. Weird

Do you need to sign a player to play in a friendly ?  Genuinely have no idea, I remember seeing plenty of friendlies where unregistered players have played, normally trialists.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #47110 on: July 18, 2023, 06:13:24 pm »
Is it me or does Rashford look more than a little porky on his contract signing photos?
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Online Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47111 on: July 18, 2023, 06:18:59 pm »
Do you need to sign a player to play in a friendly ?  Genuinely have no idea, I remember seeing plenty of friendlies where unregistered players have played, normally trialists.

Yeah I didn't think so either, but 2 articles I've read suggest it's just a short term deal to play in 2 US friendlies, one of which will be with the U21s

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47112 on: July 18, 2023, 06:21:17 pm »
Yeah I didn't think so either, but 2 articles I've read suggest it's just a short term deal to play in 2 US friendlies, one of which will be with the U21s
they have NO young defenders who could do that?  what a joke.

Online Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47113 on: July 18, 2023, 06:24:45 pm »
they have NO young defenders who could do that?  what a joke.

A statement from the United website read: "The Academy graduate (Evans) had been training with the Under-21s whilst considering his options, following his departure from Leicester City at the end of last season.
"As part of the Academy training programme, he has also taken part in a number of first-team sessions and impressed Erik ten Hag and the coaching staff."
The statement continued: "Evans, who has been capped 102 times by Northern Ireland, will travel to Edinburgh as part of the group to face Lyon on Wednesday. Jonny will then join up with the Academy group that will travel to San Diego, while the first-team squad are in New York."

Offline moondog

• dot com! Wake him up before he go-gos.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bring the noise
« Reply #47114 on: July 18, 2023, 06:25:38 pm »
Just saw him hanging round outside Clarke's Butchers on Allerton Road.

Too mobile to be harry.

Online mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
  • At the End of a Storm there's a Golden Sky.
    • X / Twitter: @TheLiverNerd
« Reply #47115 on: July 18, 2023, 06:30:24 pm »
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/66237683

Van der sar out of intensive care.

Good news.
"Believe you are the best, then make sure that you are." - Shankly

X / Twitter: @TheLiverNerd - https://x.com/TheLiverNerd

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47116 on: July 18, 2023, 06:35:43 pm »
Watch him become a decent player for West Ham now that every move of his is not under the microscope and he is allowed to be playing within his strengths.

Maybe, if Moyes employs a similar set up to Southgate where he's protected and doesn't have to do anything other than head balls away. The post I was replying to said  he was in the team of the tournament for the Euros - I'm not sure how much of an accolade that is when it comes to assessing a player, I'm in the 'not so much' camp. And that he was great for Leicester - now I didn't watch Leicester all that much when he was there and my main recollection of him there was getting done by Salah at Anfield in 2017.

I think we can all agree he's been a calamity since he signed for Man Utd, far too many comedy moments to mention and I'm sure there'll be an obituary when he leaves but the one against Chelsea in the FA where he holds onto the ball for an eternity before giving it away with a terrible pass is currently my favourite.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline only6times

• a night. Founder of the Breck Road Brasses mediation service. Owner of an out of control Fat Finger.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47117 on: July 18, 2023, 06:54:24 pm »
bitter,not me.a granddad,but I'm not even 40

Online Bobsackamano

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #47118 on: July 18, 2023, 06:54:28 pm »
Is it me or does Rashford look more than a little porky on his contract signing photos?

Either that or he's been hitting the weights and has piled on the muscle. What's the odds he turns back to shit now he's got his new contract.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47119 on: July 18, 2023, 07:20:32 pm »
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/66237683

Van der sar out of intensive care.

Good news.

Yep, good to see that.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.