Author Topic: Harry Maguire considering his options thread  (Read 3299677 times)

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
Re: Man United thread. Revolution Number... 6?
« Reply #38160 on: July 26, 2022, 12:11:30 pm »
Probably why Ferguson's gone back.

You want a shit show, send for the Master.

Offline grenny158

• Main Stander
  • Be kind.
« Reply #38161 on: July 26, 2022, 12:24:55 pm »
Haha they've wheeled Ferguson out at the training ground today to try and beg Ronaldo to stay.

Hahahaha .. it is truly hysterical to watch .. I thought this was the 'new and improved' United without Woodward and the other morons. Seems like they have just replaced morons with 'new and fresh' morons. Same old shitshow that we have seen over the last 10 or so years.

It is at times like these that Red Cafe is a joy to behold. The arguing over whether it is right to have Ferguson involved in the Ronaldo fiasco, over whether it should be Ten Hag's responsibility alone, whether Atletico want to buy United (Yes, Simeone must be on drugs to think Ronaldo can defend from the front), whether Ronaldo is an asshole or not (amazing how many United supporters still defend the indefensible), whether he actually DID require family responsibility time or whether it was an excuse, whether Ronaldo is / was better then Messi, whether he should stay or fuck off, whether Ronaldo is throwing away his legend status or not, and a whole lot more.

Frenkie must be watching this and thinking "Yep, this is very much a club I'd like to join" .. and Ten Hag must be thinking "I should have signed a much shorter contract, like, maybe a 2 week one".

What a blessing United are, in terms of entertainment on a quiet day.

Online Musketeer Gripweed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38162 on: July 26, 2022, 12:28:35 pm »
He turned up drunk again, didn't he?

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #38163 on: July 26, 2022, 12:28:39 pm »
I think you're all very nasty :(

They are Manchester United, the most humble club there's ever been with the nicest, most decent, non-bandwagon jumping fans with a full list of their lineage getting dogs abuse and many a contrary word against their obvious world-class team, galaxy-class stadium and universe-class manager who has managed in so many leagues and won so many titles that it would be futile to try and list them all, lest all the paper in the world be used up - leading to a global paper shortage as every pen and pencil was utilised to provide those Earth-shaking facts to us all.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #38164 on: July 26, 2022, 12:34:35 pm »
Probably why Ferguson's gone back.

hahahaha. Is he really there?  Maybe he wants another Oleh/Cantona/Ferguson photo this time with Ten Heg and Ronaldo instead. 

Offline grenny158

• Main Stander
  • Be kind.
« Reply #38165 on: July 26, 2022, 12:44:06 pm »
He turned up drunk again, didn't he?

Ferguson? Ronaldo? Ten Hag? All 3?

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #38166 on: July 26, 2022, 12:45:10 pm »
Amazing! Ferguson there for a new managers first day at the training ground with the rest of the team.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #38167 on: July 26, 2022, 12:46:45 pm »
These get more embarrassing every season.

Talk about a club that's completely lost its way.

Amazing stuff isn't it? Proper weird as well. Imagine if in June we were like 'No offence Jurgen....but we're gonna get Kenny to come and have a word with Sadio, see if he can convince him to stay'.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #38168 on: July 26, 2022, 12:48:05 pm »
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Online JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #38169 on: July 26, 2022, 12:51:31 pm »
It will be even funnier when the wage issue does get sorted and he ends up signing for somebody else instead.

Hope so.... every big club in Europe rejecting him while they desperately try to keep him because reasons

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38170 on: July 26, 2022, 12:56:45 pm »
It is at times like these that Red Cafe is a joy to behold.

Yep. And Ronaldo looks up to him as a father.

The usual Caf hysteria over nothing. SAF may well be there to read him the riot act and remind him what United is.
It completely undermines the current manager. If ETH can't convince (not that he should have to) to stay then Fergie shouldn't be involved and let Ronaldo cop himself on or rot on the bench.
Ferguson sticking his beak in again. Perfect.
I reckon he’s decided to leave and wants to bid farewell to Ferguson as they have a special personal relationship.

"Special personal relationship" :lmao

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38171 on: July 26, 2022, 01:09:45 pm »

If anyone has a special relationship, surely it's Rio Ferdinand. After all, he was the one last summer posting videos of himself and going on podcasts acting all smug that he helped Ronaldo return home.

He seems have gone a little quiet this summer for some reason.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38172 on: July 26, 2022, 01:10:09 pm »
You want a shit show, send for the Master.

;D
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #38173 on: July 26, 2022, 01:40:31 pm »
Amazing stuff isn't it? Proper weird as well. Imagine if in June we were like 'No offence Jurgen....but we're gonna get Kenny to come and have a word with Sadio, see if he can convince him to stay'.
For Liverpool fans it's also very heartening because it shows in no uncertain terms that the Mancs just don't learn their lessons.

Here they are. A new season with a new manager, and they undermine him on day one with another spectacular own goal.

Their entire club is now a headless chicken, running around crashing from one calamity to another.

It's absolutely glorious. 8)

The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Bangin Them In

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #38174 on: July 26, 2022, 01:50:02 pm »
A win for the Liverpool country

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38175 on: July 26, 2022, 01:57:07 pm »
It really is very weird bringing Ferguson back. It completely undermines the new manager from the off and more or less admitting he can't handle the dressing room .
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Online afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #38176 on: July 26, 2022, 02:09:48 pm »

Their entire club is now a headless chicken, running around crashing from one calamity to another.

With occasional short stops on the hard shoulder...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline BigCDump

• Legacy Fan
  • Let's Klopp Til' We Drop
« Reply #38177 on: July 26, 2022, 02:30:19 pm »
Has our club ever been this embarrassing? For such a sustained period? The shit show gets more shit thrown on top of it. :lmao

Imagine us signing a 35 year old Ian Rush, him being our top scorer then telling us we're shit and he wants to leave for a CL club. And not turning up for preseason to boot.

Uber-epic club. :lmao
Nineteen Six. Believe it now, baby!

Offline Tesco tearaway

• Would just LUUUUUUURVE to 'swipe your clubcard', ooooooh matron!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #38178 on: July 26, 2022, 02:55:43 pm »
They are an absolute shit show aren't they.  ;D
With Ferguson involved it's more like a show shit.
If your moral compass is Piers Moron then I ask you to think whether someone who oversaw illegal phone hacking and published fake pictures depicting War Crimes is an appropriate person to look up to. In fact, I'd suggest you're a bit of a c*nt.

Offline Jambo Power

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #38179 on: July 26, 2022, 03:14:41 pm »
With occasional short stops on the hard shoulder...

"If I have shat further, It is by driving on the hard shoulder of giants"

Offline grenny158

• Main Stander
  • Be kind.
« Reply #38180 on: July 26, 2022, 03:29:29 pm »

Hahaha, exactly, ScouserAtHeart. I think I'll pop in there whilst I much happily on my lemon cream biscuit.

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38181 on: July 26, 2022, 03:39:48 pm »

Wheres that lad at Everton with the purple dildo when you need him

Online Tobelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38182 on: July 26, 2022, 05:00:16 pm »
Haha welcome to Disneyland Ten Hag!  :D

What a fucking circus they are.

Offline Jshooters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Occasionally inspirational
« Reply #38183 on: July 26, 2022, 05:04:51 pm »
Yeah I agree, my point was Neville is only wading in as he thinks that is what is stopping the player leaving to join his beloved united.

Exactly. Can you imagine him being in any way concerned about a player in the same circumstance if he wasn’t a Man U transfer target?
Believer

Offline Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #38184 on: July 26, 2022, 05:40:37 pm »
I really haven’t been paying too much attention to this so correct me if I’m wrong, but, aren’t Barcelona trying to convince De Jong to either change clubs and not get the deferred money or reduce his salary and stay?  If he doesn’t agree to either of those options, he just gets to stay and fulfill his contract right? 

Bartomeu really fucked Barcelona over with all of these terrible contracts and now LaPorta is trying to fuck over the players and guilt them into accepting a more reasonable (to the club at least) contract.  Those players that don’t accept to reduce their wages are basically being branded as greedy.

Really makes you appreciate how well run we are as a club.

The problem in almost any Football discussion with money is there is no transparency and each side has it's own spin. It has been briefed though at times in the press that if De Jong doesn't do one of those two options then Barca may not be able to register their new signings. How do you think Barca fans will take that if that were to happen? Could that possibly have a negative affect on De Jong's future earnings potential? Why should this be an issue for De Jong at all? Nobody seems to be disputing that he hasn't played relatively well if maybe not to the value of his contract. So yes De Jong could just do nothing and collect his pay but the likely outcomes from doing so are pretty negative and not of his own making. There should be some type of legal protection here for that and if there was a strong players union I don't doubt that there would be.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38185 on: July 26, 2022, 05:49:35 pm »
Today's the day Ten Haag has realised it's a mistake to go there. Wheeling out Ferguson to try and convince a player who is 37 years old is bonkers.

Offline markedasred

• Knowing me, Knowing you... ahaaa!!! Resident Large Canine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • No Murdoch in our house
« Reply #38186 on: July 26, 2022, 05:56:45 pm »
Just saw an older bloke and presumably  his son wearing a "jerzy dudek is a red he hates scousers" shirt in Tesco. What's all that about?.
"For those of you watching in black and white, Liverpool are the team with the ball"

Offline Elliemental

• Kopite
  • You Love Us
« Reply #38187 on: July 26, 2022, 05:59:47 pm »
Just saw an older bloke and presumably  his son wearing a "jerzy dudek is a red he hates scousers" shirt in Tesco. What's all that about?.

Both the older guy and his son were wearing these shirts? That's weird. But then, United fans are weird too. So I guess it figures. But it's such a dated reference, too.

Offline markedasred

• Knowing me, Knowing you... ahaaa!!! Resident Large Canine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • No Murdoch in our house
« Reply #38188 on: July 26, 2022, 06:27:49 pm »
Both the older guy and his son were wearing these shirts? That's weird. But then, United fans are weird too. So I guess it figures. But it's such a dated reference, too.
Sorry, to clarify, the old one had the hate message, and the son wore a kit or training shirt, in black. We did have an incident when the police were called to a pub in the last decade because someone wore an anti Scouser shirt and got prosecuted. I wonder if its the same person. I don't think it was the same shirt.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2022, 06:29:31 pm by markedasred »
"For those of you watching in black and white, Liverpool are the team with the ball"

Online red1977

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline Magz50

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #38190 on: July 27, 2022, 02:19:22 am »
Wonder how his teammates will feel after all the muffins and desserts they avoided and skipped last season because of 'model professional' Ronaldo?

Luke Shaw must’ve taken out a contract on Ronnie over this.

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38191 on: July 27, 2022, 03:03:06 am »
Today's the day Ten Haag has realised it's a mistake to go there. Wheeling out Ferguson to try and convince a player who is 37 years old is bonkers.

It fits with my theory that Ferguson secretly wants them to be mediocre while he’s still around to make his legacy stand out even more.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38192 on: July 27, 2022, 06:16:36 am »
Arsene Wenger has never been back to Arsenal since he left, he should attend some games now enough time has gone past that it’s clear who runs the show now at Arsenal.

Fergie seems to get wheeled out every so often as United go from one failing manager to another. There always seems to be the fergie option to throw into a crisis. He should’ve deliberately walked away for the good of the club, let them move on.

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38193 on: July 27, 2022, 06:34:27 am »
why would he care about the good of the club

Offline lamonti

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #38194 on: July 27, 2022, 08:16:17 am »
This is going well.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38195 on: July 27, 2022, 08:17:49 am »
Arsene Wenger has never been back to Arsenal since he left, he should attend some games now enough time has gone past that it’s clear who runs the show now at Arsenal.

Fergie seems to get wheeled out every so often as United go from one failing manager to another. There always seems to be the fergie option to throw into a crisis. He should’ve deliberately walked away for the good of the club, let them move on.

Fergie is bigger than the club ;)
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #38196 on: July 27, 2022, 08:43:13 am »
Do you think Ten Haag had to come down and move his car, and sit on a stool in the office once Ferguson arrived (Ferguson probably happily providing a stool)
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #38197 on: July 27, 2022, 10:30:22 am »
It fits with my theory that Ferguson secretly wants them to be mediocre while he’s still around to make his legacy stand out even more.
I've thought similar for a long time. He gets to look good whichever way it pans out though. If the empire remains strong and successful then it's all about the foundations he laid. If it falls apart (which it has) then his genius stands out in stark contrast.

To be honest, I think his ego is quite content seeing the club struggle after his departure. I think it's pretty clear that there is no 'United way'. There was, however, a Ferguson way, and once he left, they fell apart. His ego will secretly get a real boost out of that.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #38198 on: July 27, 2022, 10:35:15 am »
More revolutions than an F1 engine
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38199 on: July 27, 2022, 01:17:52 pm »
Another £57m on a defender.

Looking forward to the protests when we play them in a few weeks.