Author Topic: Takumi Minamino  (Read 435342 times)

Online peachybum

• orangeyface
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Takumi Minamino - Now Eligible to Play
« Reply #960 on: March 1, 2020, 03:38:36 pm »
Hasnt looked anything special, to be honest.

Not many in our team have in 2020.

We don't really rotate in the front three so much like our other backup forwards they aren't ever going to look much if they don't play enough to actually get some form.
I wanna be like Jurgen Klopp

Offline Robinred

• Wanted for burglary.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red since '64
« Reply #961 on: March 1, 2020, 06:49:03 pm »
Hasnt looked anything special, to be honest.

Not true. He looked very special against us.
"The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology...as long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth." Mikhail Bakunin

Online disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #962 on: March 1, 2020, 06:59:20 pm »
Chelsea he will probably play. Nice chance for him as well.

Can he play on the right hand side? If so I'd put him there for the cup tie considering it'll be a bit harder for Elliot to get involved against a defense full of premier league footballers and actual men  ;D Not saying that hurt him in the derby or against Arsenal, but in terms of contributing with a goal or assist you'd probably have more confidence in Minamino.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #963 on: March 1, 2020, 08:07:52 pm »
I though he looked excellent off the ball when he came in (considering the levels the team displayed that is). Too bad the others didn't look to pass to him more often; it almost felt like they haven't developed that trust yet.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #964 on: March 1, 2020, 08:12:49 pm »
I though he looked excellent off the ball when he came in (considering the levels the team displayed that is). Too bad the others didn't look to pass to him more often; it almost felt like they haven't developed that trust yet.

Yep he was buzzing around constantly showing for the ball in little pockets of space. Encouraging.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #965 on: March 1, 2020, 08:21:03 pm »

He didnt really do much. Doesnt look trusted yet.

I am sure he will do well for us as we dont buy shit players but clearly as of yet he is nowhere near settled enough.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #966 on: March 1, 2020, 08:23:32 pm »

I am sure he will do well for us as we dont buy shit players but clearly as of yet he is nowhere near settled enough.

Not his fault the others wouldn't pass to him. He was constantly showing.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #967 on: March 1, 2020, 08:29:46 pm »
Not his fault the others wouldn't pass to him. He was constantly showing.

He was but surprised that people think that equates to him looking good.

Clearly he looks like he has confidence but to be honest it looks like it will be next season where we see him regularly.

Offline farawayred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #968 on: March 1, 2020, 08:30:17 pm »

Agree, but that's why I said off the ball. He made himself available between the lines, between the CBs, but others didn't pass to him.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #969 on: March 1, 2020, 08:40:44 pm »
Agree, but that's why I said off the ball. He made himself available between the lines, between the CBs, but others didn't pass to him.

Difficult to judge that because maybe our players were set into a pattern of play and he was just asked to break that and make himself available. When he did pick up the ball did he play many forward passes?

You would have seen a far more disciplined player had he started.

Offline farawayred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #970 on: March 1, 2020, 08:51:50 pm »
Difficult to judge that because maybe our players were set into a pattern of play and he was just asked to break that and make himself available. When he did pick up the ball did he play many forward passes?

You would have seen a far more disciplined player had he started.

Fair enough, we don't know the instructions. I just wanted to say that I didn't see much wrong with his game. We'll see when he starts, possibly on Tuesday (?).

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #971 on: March 2, 2020, 02:32:19 am »
The same happens with our regular starters, though. Players are constantly making off-the-ball runs and moves but are often not seen/found by the players in possession. It's one of the few possible criticisms of the side currently that the build up play can be very predictable and slow much of the time. When it occasionally isn't; when runners are noticed and found, great things happen
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #972 on: March 3, 2020, 12:57:35 pm »
Would like to see him start tonight with the likes of Mane and Salah around him.

I reckon he could sneak in some really good through-balls and get assists. Looked tidy in the Watford game.

Needs minutes.
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline Vinay

• West Coast privileges revoked due to jinxing activity. Considerably more greedier than yaow!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ceux qui écrivent clairement ont des lecteurs.....
« Reply #973 on: March 3, 2020, 12:59:15 pm »
Is't he cup-tied for today's game?  :-X

Offline MdArshad

• Anny Roader
« Reply #974 on: March 3, 2020, 03:01:43 pm »
Was looking good at Watford. Hope he gets a goal today. Might not make be important for us in the league but have a feeling he will play a key role for us to retain the UCL.

Online Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #975 on: March 3, 2020, 03:04:57 pm »
but to be honest it looks like it will be next season where we see him regularly.

This was always going to be the case. Hopefully will be what we thought we were getting with Shaqiri until he disappeared off the face of the earth
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline OOS

• Jordan Henderson fanclub member #4
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #976 on: March 3, 2020, 09:47:04 pm »
Early doors but he looks like a kid out there. All over the place leading the line.
"I think the most important thing about music is the sense of escape." - Thom Yorke

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #977 on: March 3, 2020, 09:48:13 pm »
Doesn't look suited to that Firmino role, not sure how he fits in with the current formation.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #978 on: March 3, 2020, 09:48:56 pm »
Good first half.

Offline robgomm

• He just can't get enough of Luis Suarez.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #979 on: March 3, 2020, 09:49:49 pm »
Has no role yet, surprised he's getting much game time. Looking forward to seeing him after he's settled next season.

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #980 on: March 3, 2020, 09:50:26 pm »
I thought he was alright until the subs. We failed to sustain any attacks after taking off our brightest spark in the second half and bringing on a horribly out of form Bobby Firmino.

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #981 on: March 3, 2020, 09:51:54 pm »
He still hasn't started a game with anything resembling our strongest lineup. Can't judge him on our collective mediocre form.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #982 on: March 3, 2020, 09:52:19 pm »
Imo he's best as a  10, playing in behind the centerforwards.

Offline RobbieRedman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #983 on: March 3, 2020, 09:53:33 pm »
Early doors but he looks like a kid out there. All over the place leading the line.
Like a fish out of water

wasn't good viewing

Offline Bjornar

• Kopite
« Reply #984 on: March 3, 2020, 09:53:46 pm »
He's good enough, but needs to be braver and a bit more selfish is my impression so far.

Online disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #985 on: March 3, 2020, 09:54:03 pm »
Yeah thought he looked alright first half, nothing in the second half like, but near enough everyone was badly shit.

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline Cu Chulainn

• "It's Peanut Butter Fascist Time!" (thinkaboutit). greedy, stupid, selfish capitalist pig who hates the poor and wants to euthanise the disabled.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #986 on: March 3, 2020, 09:54:59 pm »
Looked good first half, then seemed to run out of steam. Maybe it's a physical thing? In which case he'll just need time to get used to the league. I expect we won't see the best of him until next season.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #987 on: March 3, 2020, 09:56:12 pm »
I'm thinking this guy is a long-term project. He's playing like somebody who can't quite believe he's at Liverpool.

Offline HeartAndSoul

• OneWillBurn
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RedOrDead
« Reply #988 on: March 3, 2020, 09:57:08 pm »
Played a lovely ball to mane first half. Apart from that didn’t even know he was on the pitch

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #989 on: March 3, 2020, 09:57:23 pm »
Yeah thought he looked alright first half, nothing in the second half like, but near enough everyone was badly shit.
Yep.

Play him with the front 3 and we’ll see him do even better.
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline Sat1

• Banned
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #990 on: March 3, 2020, 09:58:19 pm »
Ok first half, shit second half along with everyone else.

He’s being prepped for next yr

Online disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #991 on: March 3, 2020, 09:59:00 pm »
Yep.

Play him with the front 3 and we’ll see him do even better.

I was beginning to think that myself, I'd like to see it but it's a question of when. Just think if he's playing in behind them it's harder for him to get involved and dictate the play like someone in that position typically plays. Surely he'd be more valuable to us out wide.

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #992 on: March 3, 2020, 09:59:25 pm »
I'm thinking this guy is a long-term project. He's playing like somebody who can't quite believe he's at Liverpool.

As is everyone else
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Raid

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #993 on: March 3, 2020, 10:00:26 pm »
He'll be better deployed from deeper, which is where he caused us so many issues. The insistence on Origi wide and Minamino as a false nine is weird.

Offline Harris96

• Kopite
« Reply #994 on: March 3, 2020, 10:02:13 pm »
Thought he played wel until he was moved out of position to god knows where in the second half

Offline Cozzymoto

• Main Stander
« Reply #995 on: March 3, 2020, 10:24:20 pm »
Still early days but needs to do better, though I don't know whether he's struggling due to being played in a role he's not use to.

Online Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #996 on: March 3, 2020, 10:33:07 pm »
He made some stunning little passes, look like the only one who could break down a defence.

Online Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #997 on: March 3, 2020, 10:45:48 pm »
Played a lovely ball to mane first half. Apart from that didn’t even know he was on the pitch

That's right. It was a gorgeous ball. Fooled the defence (and the crowd). Unfortunately it fooled Sadio too who was too slow to react.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline medley

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Garrincha
« Reply #998 on: March 3, 2020, 10:55:03 pm »
Needs more presence to his game. Looks enthusiastic when hes on the ball but drifts about the pitch and doesn't get on the ball enough. We are to see what his final position ends up being but not too sure currently him playing as the false 9 is working for him.
My mate is Sarah Harding's cousin from girls aloud, he looks a fair but like her which is a bit weird when i'm cracking one off over MTV like

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #999 on: March 3, 2020, 11:03:06 pm »
He didn't get involved enough but the same can be said of Bobby when he came on and against Watford.  Right now we're struggling to get our attacking players on the ball due to constantly recycling it so it's difficult for our forwards to shine.

He's shown glimpses of what he can do and I'm sure there's a lot more to come.