Author Topic: Takumi Minamino  (Read 435357 times)

Offline smutchin

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Takumi Minamino - Now Eligible to Play
« Reply #840 on: January 24, 2020, 09:47:26 am »
If Keita or Lallana or Milner was on the bench, Klopp would have sent either one of them on instead of him.

Would he have used any of those three in such a forward position? Keita maybe, not sure about Lallana or Milner. It's a shame that Shaqiri is out injured AGAIN because it would have been a perfect opportunity for him.

What was really interesting, though, was that he chose to throw Minamino in rather than Origi. Klopp wouldn't have done that if he didn't trust him to do a job.

Offline PHIL.

• Anny Roader
  • Unbearable
« Reply #841 on: January 24, 2020, 09:48:19 am »
He'll be great for us.

That was a very tough game to be thrown into and he had a calf issue almost immediately.

Give him time to get accustomed to the pace.

Offline pathetic

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #842 on: January 24, 2020, 10:06:28 am »
It was a gutsy move by Klopp to throw him in instead of Origi. I know it's too early but personally I can't see him being a part of the front three. Even when we played against Salzburg he played his best football in the middle of the park. Then again I'm not Klopp so I trust his judgement completely.

Offline Lidmanen

• Main Stander
« Reply #843 on: January 24, 2020, 10:08:24 am »
As others have said, was a pisser of a game to come into, especially when he wasn't expecting to. Probably wouldn't play him against Shrewsbury now as I'd start him v West Ham (assuming Mane is out for a bit). Think with proper preparation, another week of training and the spaces usually available to work in at the London Stadium, he'll show a lot more of what he's capable of against them.

Offline MJD-L4

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Mellor, lovely cushioned header...For GERRAAARD!"
« Reply #844 on: January 24, 2020, 10:18:03 am »
He did fine in a really tough game to come in to unexpectedly. He did seem, as others have said, to be calling  for the ball when he wasn't really an option but he'll get used to us and how we play so don't expect him to take up those positions in future. Having said that though, he made some excellent runs that should have been rewarded with a pass but the pass never came. There was a particular moment where Mo should have laid the ball off to the left for Takumi to have a 1v1 chance to score but Mo took the shot on himself. Straight into Coady (I think).

A little selfish last night was Salah, imo. A good 3 times there was a decent pass option open to him and he elected to take a shot through a crowd of Wolves players instead.

Online MD1990

• Makes your eyes bleed and your brain hurt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #845 on: January 24, 2020, 10:26:56 am »
It was a gutsy move by Klopp to throw him in instead of Origi. I know it's too early but personally I can't see him being a part of the front three. Even when we played against Salzburg he played his best football in the middle of the park. Then again I'm not Klopp so I trust his judgement completely.
A good sign as he was probably doing well in training.

Klopp said he is best playing in between the lines

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #846 on: January 24, 2020, 10:30:45 am »
Tough game for him to come into for his PL debut, thought he really struggled with the pace of things, but that's to be expected.  We're not really a team for intricate little passes and that seems to be his strength, so there's some adjusting to do.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline dai_bonehead

• Kopite
« Reply #847 on: January 24, 2020, 10:33:59 am »
Go a brain and technique. That'll do for starters.

Offline The Test

• 6'3" tall, very strong but also pretty quick seeks soulmate with GSOH. Priority given to Mormons.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Coutinho's cousins mates tennis partner
« Reply #848 on: January 24, 2020, 10:34:53 am »
Tough game for him to come into for his PL debut, thought he really struggled with the pace of things, but that's to be expected.  We're not really a team for intricate little passes and that seems to be his strength, so there's some adjusting to do.

Would be interesting to see Keita and Takumi as the 8’s against Shrewsbury. Lots of ball retention in that duo you’d imagine.

Online jonnypb

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT97
« Reply #849 on: January 24, 2020, 11:28:03 am »
Hopefully he'll get a good run out in the FA Cup at the weekend.  As we've seen with new players and Klopp, they take months to become accustomed to the style of play.  I'm sure he'll turn out to be a valuable player for us.

Online Agent99

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #850 on: January 24, 2020, 12:03:54 pm »
Some harsh people in here.

Online clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #851 on: January 24, 2020, 12:29:41 pm »
Needs to understandably get used to the pace, for what it's worth as with Fabinho early on will be more suited in champions league.

Also needs to beef up a little.

But the quality is there.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #852 on: January 24, 2020, 01:45:09 pm »
I thought he did ok in one of our most difficult games of the season. We play with incredible intensity and we are brilliantly coached so that the movement and passing between the players is instinctive.

It will take him time to get up to speed and up to the levels of fitness required. It was hardly surprising he couldn't immediately replicate what Mane does for the team. Mane is one of the best four or five players in the world at the moment and has been playing alongside Mo and Bobby for a couple of years now.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Macca201188

• Kopite
« Reply #853 on: January 24, 2020, 01:48:59 pm »
Klopp saying he might not start on Sunday as there might not be enough rest days. Disappointing if so, could have been a star in that game and gained more confidence. Feel like he hasn't played much lately and could manage 90 against a Shrewsbury side.
The reds are comin up the hill boys....

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #854 on: January 24, 2020, 01:52:38 pm »
He did? Looked more like both him and Chamberlain played wide in a 4-2-3-1 before Fabinho came on. It was 4-3-3 after that, only with Salah/Origi as the central striker, and Minamino and Firmino in the wider areas.

We switched formations several times in the match. Minamino is a player for between the lines, so we did push up Ox wide [this is also according to Klop]

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #855 on: January 24, 2020, 01:53:30 pm »
Klopp saying he might not start on Sunday as there might not be enough rest days. Disappointing if so, could have been a star in that game and gained more confidence. Feel like he hasn't played much lately and could manage 90 against a Shrewsbury side.

The body still needs an X amount of time to recover before you can play again at your best or close to your best. Has nothing to do with how much you've played in an entire month

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #856 on: January 24, 2020, 01:55:33 pm »
I liked his movement - fast enough, getting into channels, gets forward plenty. Obviously he needs time to bed in but so far it's all positives!

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #857 on: January 24, 2020, 02:18:33 pm »
Listening to the PC a bit ago, and Kloppo loved Minamino's fight in this game last night  8) 

He's going to be just fine, he has that fight and battling qualities to get through these situations, he's still new to the squad, still finding his way, it was a tough game to make a league debut in, so to come in and fight his way through it and show some nice glimpses too, is a big positive.

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #858 on: January 24, 2020, 02:26:25 pm »
The body still needs an X amount of time to recover before you can play again at your best or close to your best. Has nothing to do with how much you've played in an entire month
Yeh I think I read somewhere that for footballers three full days is the optimum recovery time after a game; less is doable but sub-optimal; more than that doesn't have any particular benefit with regards to recovery from the previous game, though other factors such as accumulated fatigue are a different matter
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Macca201188

• Kopite
« Reply #859 on: January 24, 2020, 03:25:51 pm »

Fair enough, although does this theory not mean he will never be able to play with a 3 day rest? Is the amount of time different for each individual i take it then? If not, in theory this means no-one that played can play?
The reds are comin up the hill boys....

Offline Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #860 on: January 24, 2020, 03:30:06 pm »
Loved the way he kept popping up in little pockets of space in the final third AND demanding the ball once he got in those spaces. Clever player, can't wait to see him in full flow next season. If he can contribute off the bench with some minutes this season or as a starter in the FA Cup, all the better.
You cannot call overseas Liverpool supporters glory hunters. We’ve won one trophy this decade. If they’re glory hunters, they’re really bad ones. They’re actually journey hunters. It’s the journey and the story. Something about Liverpool has grabbed them." - Neil Atkinson (May, 2019)

"So don’t think about it – just play football.” - Jurgen Klopp

Online PhilV

• Has difficulty in getting it up, apparently.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
« Reply #861 on: January 24, 2020, 03:43:15 pm »
Loved the way he kept popping up in little pockets of space in the final third AND demanding the ball once he got in those spaces. Clever player, can't wait to see him in full flow next season. If he can contribute off the bench with some minutes this season or as a starter in the FA Cup, all the better.

This.

He found space often, unfortunately as others said we weren't on same page as him and he didn't get the service.

Once he is here for longer, has trained more with everyone and everyone knows him, his style and movement and starts picking him out... it's gonna get interesting.

I think he's gonna be a gem, let's wait and see though because I said the same of Markovic  :'(

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #862 on: January 24, 2020, 04:02:51 pm »
Fair enough, although does this theory not mean he will never be able to play with a 3 day rest? Is the amount of time different for each individual i take it then? If not, in theory this means no-one that played can play?

No - he didn't have the same pre-season that the rest had and isn't used to playing with the same intensity.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #863 on: January 24, 2020, 04:12:53 pm »

Not starting him on Sunday would be the right game.

Yesterday, was a very intense game and played at pace. Due to Mane more than likely not fit next week and Shaq not available for Sunday then we will need him to rest. We can't afford anymore injuries in the front line:

Playing Shrewsbury on Sunday will be heavy on the legs, tough pitch, let's of high ball and physical play.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #864 on: January 24, 2020, 07:47:28 pm »
Not starting him on Sunday would be the right game.

Yesterday, was a very intense game and played at pace. Due to Mane more than likely not fit next week and Shaq not available for Sunday then we will need him to rest. We can't afford anymore injuries in the front line:

Playing Shrewsbury on Sunday will be heavy on the legs, tough pitch, let's of high ball and physical play.

The pitch will be ok.  It’s a nearly new stadium. It’s not premier league standard, but it won’t be a ploughed field.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline christofu

• Anny Roader
« Reply #865 on: January 24, 2020, 07:56:45 pm »
He (and we) would gain much more from him playing 70 against Wolves in the league rather than 90 against Shrewsbury in the FA cup. Its because he hasn't played much that its a risk to back it up with 90 minutes 3 days later - plus being a new player our sports science team won't have the data on his typical recovery (Klopp also alluded to this) and therefore how much of a risk it would be for him to play.

Good performance from him last night - good off the ball, tidy on it and dealt with the rolling tactical changes fairly well. Much more to come of course!

Offline IanZG

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #866 on: January 24, 2020, 08:16:32 pm »
I thought he did ok in one of our most difficult games of the season. We play with incredible intensity and we are brilliantly coached so that the movement and passing between the players is instinctive.

It will take him time to get up to speed and up to the levels of fitness required. It was hardly surprising he couldn't immediately replicate what Mane does for the team. Mane is one of the best four or five players in the world at the moment and has been playing alongside Mo and Bobby for a couple of years now.

Thought so too, he showed very good work rate and a solid first touch. Also, it seems like Klopp trusts him to play multiple positions, which is always a good sign. Hope he gets to start against Shrewsbury.

Offline daindan

• lyin clock......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #867 on: January 25, 2020, 02:29:58 pm »
People saying he’s not got pace on Fifa his pace is 90 😹

Offline Simplexity

• Do we need the xity? (apparently not)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #868 on: January 25, 2020, 05:46:55 pm »
Apparently did a weirdly frank interview with "sports hoshi" after the Wolves game, transcription and translation is taken from the lfc subreddit.

Sitting on the bench for the previous two Premier League matches

Sitting on the bench isn't due to anything I'm lacking. This team can already do it all so I was prepared for this when I joined, although I wouldn't go so far as to say that it's inevitable I'm not seeing any time. It's important to take all of the chances like this one I've been given today.

Wolves

The opposition is a brilliant side and it's clear how they want to play. Supplying the ball to players up the pitch, making advancing runs with players who can do it solo, and putting their bodies on the line defensively. Winning the second ball was one of the keys to the match so that was a primary focus. There were moments where I was successful and others not so much. It's something I need to work on for the future.

Playing on the right

Rather than thinking about the side I'm playing on, I think it makes more sense to think about which fullback I'm linking up with. Developing a mutual understanding with the other player on what the other wants to do would make things a lot easier, but I'm not too worried about that right now (because it's so early). I'll always try to look for ways to improve that aspect.

Changes in the second half

At the beginning of the second half I was playing like an advanced CM, towards the middle of the pitch. In terms of effectiveness, I wasn't able to receive the ball in good positions. If I were able to receive the ball looking forward, it would have created more chances. I think it would have been a lot better if I were able to find the correct positions a little more quickly.

The positives and points to improve

There were moments where I would have been free inside the box if I had been fed the ball. I need to find more opportunities where I can receive the ball between the lines and face forwards. When I get a better understanding of the positions, I think I'll be able to make my own plays.

The difficulty of joining a complete team that have played together for years

There's nothing I can do about it. I was prepared for it when I joined. I just have to struggle and survive. I've finally come to this stage, and I feel like I've just gotten started.

3 weeks since joining practice, all that's left is getting experience on the pitch

Definitely. There are scenes I can only experience while on the pitch. It also helps me figure out what I don't understand yet. The opportunity came suddenly today, but it was really good to be able to experience such a close match.

How the equalizer felt

We were equalized after I had been introduced to the pitch, so I wanted to create the opportunity to lead. After the team scored the second I was trying to make simple plays and focus on defense.

Intense movement on the pitch

That's what I've been preparing to do, and being able to do it suddenly is what it means to be a professional. I think that's the minimum expectation.

Mental condition

There is definitely stress involved with adapting to a new environment, but I just have to do it. If I can't then [my career at Liverpool] is finished.

Dealing with the pressure

I didn't feel any pressure at all. I don't know if people have high expectations for me or not, but I have nothing to lose, so no pressure. I'm just an asian guy... I don't know how to say it. I really have nothing to lose. Is the internet/television going crazy? I don't feel it at all. Maybe today was the first time I've really been judged. I think it's just the beginning in that regard as well. I hope to continue making my own plays in the future.

Feeling like part of the squad

I do feel like I'm a part of the squad. But I want to be accepted for my performance on the pitch like "wow, this guy is good". I've been able to do it so far [in my previous teams], but I truthfully want to force my teammates to have to accept me.

On English

Still not good at all... I'm starting to understand more, but I'm still not able to communicate well yet. I especially felt it in today's match. I think it's really important so I hope I can improve gradually.

Certainly is not under any illusions that he has "made it", that's for sure.

Offline oxenstierna

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #869 on: January 25, 2020, 05:59:30 pm »
I’m just an asian guy...  :D

Offline Magix

• Partial to Tarts
  • Legacy Fan
  • Just 5 points away
« Reply #870 on: January 25, 2020, 06:40:31 pm »
Love that self-assessment.

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #871 on: January 26, 2020, 09:39:00 am »
Intelligent and motivated - can see that he's a Klopp player. Thank you for posting.

Offline smutchin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #872 on: January 26, 2020, 10:06:02 am »
That's an amazing interview. Sounds like he has exactly the right attitude. Really hope he makes it here.

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #873 on: January 26, 2020, 10:48:23 am »
Think that interview is wonderful - thanks for sharing it!
"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

Offline Dougle

• and the bleu cat!
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #874 on: January 26, 2020, 10:55:36 am »
Fascinating interview indeed. I guess what we don't maybe realise is that, right now, he's probably the biggest story in football in Japan and in wider Asia. There is little or no big deal for our own support in Liverpool and England but there is probably huge exposure in Japan. (Or maybe I'm talking tosh !!).

Offline Bobbyf9kungfu

• Main Stander
« Reply #875 on: January 26, 2020, 11:07:08 am »
Looked really weak against wolves.

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #876 on: January 26, 2020, 11:08:46 am »

Fucking hell give him a chance
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline Bobbyf9kungfu

• Main Stander
« Reply #877 on: January 26, 2020, 11:17:09 am »
Fucking hell give him a chance

Haha we yeah of course I will but I’m just giving my opinion of him in the wolves game.

Offline Brain Potter

• Embarrassing. Likes to listen through the walls....Auralist Extrodinaire!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #878 on: January 26, 2020, 11:19:19 am »

Think that’s very harsh. He wasn’t scared to receive the ball, and used it simply. He will gain more confidence as his minutes increase. Thursday was probably our most intense match of the season and he did fine.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #879 on: January 26, 2020, 11:26:44 am »

:wave

This ones found it’s way into the politics threads too. Can we just flush it now?
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.