Author Topic: Takumi Minamino  (Read 435333 times)

Offline Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Takumi Minamino - Now Eligible to Play
« Reply #1000 on: March 3, 2020, 11:22:28 pm »
Yep.

Play him with the front 3 and we’ll see him do even better.
With no one passing to him? How's that going to work?

Offline liverbloke

• Prototype RAWK Genius. Founder of stickysheets.com and prefers it solo. Gotta hand it to him, eh?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • i neither know nor care
« Reply #1001 on: March 4, 2020, 06:19:53 am »
He's obviously talented but our 'odd' form at the moment doesn't help him.

I think maybe he needs to be more greedy - not in the fact that he needs to shoot everytime he gets the ball, but to be more confident in keeping and running with the ball and maybe not trying to please the senior players by making sure he doesn't upset them. If you see what I mean.

Quote from: Lee1-6Liv
Who would have thought liverblokes no draws idea would not be his worst idea of the weekend

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #1002 on: March 4, 2020, 08:31:20 am »
He looks bright and his movement is good and I'm intrigued by his passing ability, looks like it could be tricky and astute. I think he's still a promising player, but hasn't arrived yet really.

The real news though is after the match Klopp said the team should use him more:

"Takumi (Minamino) had a really good game. We could have used him much more often. ‘If Neco (Williams) sees him once or twice he was completely free at the edge [of the box], he shot the cross more or less. If he’d seen him it would have helped."

Offline kingmonkey007

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1003 on: March 4, 2020, 08:59:21 am »
He looks bright and his movement is good and I'm intrigued by his passing ability, looks like it could be tricky and astute. I think he's still a promising player, but hasn't arrived yet really.

The real news though is after the match Klopp said the team should use him more:

"Takumi (Minamino) had a really good game. We could have used him much more often. ‘If Neco (Williams) sees him once or twice he was completely free at the edge [of the box], he shot the cross more or less. If he’d seen him it would have helped."

Same problem we've had with Bobby the last few games, He'll drop into space but we won't use him, we'll keep working it wide or go back to Virgil and hope the team try and come forward to press us.

That said he did slip in Sadio with a Coutinho like pass in the first half, which on another day when Sadio is on form takes 1 touch and slots that home but that sort of pass in a crowded area we've not seen for a awhile.

Offline jacobs chains

• Legacy Fan
  • The fight will not be attaining dreams.
« Reply #1004 on: March 4, 2020, 09:17:51 am »
I think he would be better out on the left cutting in and overlapping with Robbo. He's obviously got ball control and an eye for a pass but I don't think he has the physicality to play centrally in this league. Not yet anyway.

Offline pathetic

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1005 on: March 4, 2020, 09:21:27 am »
He'll be better deployed from deeper, which is where he caused us so many issues. The insistence on Origi wide and Minamino as a false nine is weird.

I think so myself too regarding Minamino. I can't see him working out as a false nine for us. On the Origi thing, I think he's very effective as an impact sub out wide as he's very direct and strong, but when he starts he's anonymous out wide.

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #1006 on: March 4, 2020, 09:37:31 am »
Same problem we've had with Bobby the last few games, He'll drop into space but we won't use him, we'll keep working it wide or go back to Virgil and hope the team try and come forward to press us.

That said he did slip in Sadio with a Coutinho like pass in the first half, which on another day when Sadio is on form takes 1 touch and slots that home but that sort of pass in a crowded area we've not seen for a awhile.

He does remind me of Coutinho for that reason - early days but he isn't afraid to create and he seems to have the talent. I think this ties into why we're missing Hendo though; creation for the forwards especially through the centre of the pitch. Sadio being off is one thing, but chance creation needs to happen for him to even miss a chance! What IS Tak's best position?

Tak as a number 10 might be worth a punt. Not sure of his shooting but I reckon he can create for the front 3 (and probably double for one of them when he's a bit more settled)

Offline Sir Capon of Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
« Reply #1007 on: March 4, 2020, 10:18:34 am »
For the most part hes being used in disjointed sides. Once hes getting regular time with the main team he'll be flying.

Offline Fruity

• Batty. Box clever. Can weather all lifts. May in fact be Robbie Rotten.
  • Legacy Fan
  • a fruit is not just for christmas...
« Reply #1008 on: March 4, 2020, 10:57:15 am »
Ideally we wrap up the leaguein the next few games and then we can give him a proper run with the team. From what I saw of him when he played against us I would say we really need that style of player just to give us options, especially when firmino isn't playing so well. Maybe then we won't be reliant on crosses and long balls all the time. If he can come good and add a new dimension to our play then what's not to like.
alf a pound of braeburns!

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #1009 on: March 4, 2020, 12:49:05 pm »
He was fine. In fact he was good. His and the others' games just haven't had time to gel yet. Put a great pass through for Mane; had another opportunity to put a quick pass through later but it was almost as if he didn't expect it to work so didn't take the option. Took up some great positions, and made good runs.

He'll fit better over time and maybe one day you'll be singing his name. People need to stop making judgements after so short a time. But then people will never learn
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline rakey_lfc

• pwned by Ronaldo...and eBay
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm a people's man - only the people matter.”
« Reply #1010 on: March 4, 2020, 01:09:17 pm »
Thought that was the best he's looked for us so far. Could see the progress he's making, I think he's going to be very good for us next season!
SUPPORT AND BELIEVE

You'll Never Walk Alone

Xbox 360 gamertag - TonyB1604

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #1011 on: March 4, 2020, 01:19:47 pm »
Thought that was the best he's looked for us so far. Could see the progress he's making, I think he's going to be very good for us next season!

Yep, this is when we will really begin to see what he can do.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline PaleBlueDot

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1012 on: March 4, 2020, 02:02:26 pm »
He's a very teamwork orientated player, with fantastic movement and intelligent passing. He had a lot of link-up with his teammates at Salzburg and I worry that we won't provide the same here with our more direct passing or crossing approach. His give&go and vision is seriously dangerous but I worry he won't get the give here (and I'm not calling anyone selfish) but we tend to rely on a piece of magic by a Mane or a Salah (or a Trent/Andy special delivery) rather than a team-made goal.

If he were to be at City for example, I think it'd suit his style of play to a tee. Having said that, I'd love to see him in a 4-2-3-1 ahead of a Hendo-Fab duo supporting the front 3. He deserves a shot once we have the league wrapped up in a few games and he has the tools to be a special player.

Offline HeartAndSoul

• OneWillBurn
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RedOrDead
« Reply #1013 on: March 4, 2020, 02:08:07 pm »
He's a very teamwork orientated player, with fantastic movement and intelligent passing. He had a lot of link-up with his teammates at Salzburg and I worry that we won't provide the same here with our more direct passing or crossing approach. His give&go and vision is seriously dangerous but I worry he won't get the give here (and I'm not calling anyone selfish) but we tend to rely on a piece of magic by a Mane or a Salah (or a Trent/Andy special delivery) rather than a team-made goal.

If he were to be at City for example, I think it'd suit his style of play to a tee. Having said that, I'd love to see him in a 4-2-3-1 ahead of a Hendo-Fab duo supporting the front 3. He deserves a shot once we have the league wrapped up in a few games and he has the tools to be a special player.

He does seem best suited behind the striker. Don't think playing him in the firmino role or out wide is doing him any favours at all. The thing is we don't play a 4-2-3-1 so it's hard to see where he fits into the team. Hopefully 6 months bedding in period will help and we'll see the best out of him next season, be that as an 8 or as a false 9 but at the moment it feels like his best position is as a 10 which we don't really use.

Offline Komic

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1014 on: March 4, 2020, 02:25:48 pm »
He will just take some time , we need a more like for like replacement for Bobby and no one is like Bobby so we have to teach someone to be like him. Most other new signings recently have had to be introduced slowly and thats playing in a similar way.  He needs to adapt to playing off centre backs at times, next season should be when we judge him.

Offline The Test

• 6'3" tall, very strong but also pretty quick seeks soulmate with GSOH. Priority given to Mormons.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Coutinho's cousins mates tennis partner
« Reply #1015 on: March 4, 2020, 03:05:33 pm »

This is why i think he and Naby could bring the best out in each other, both happy to receive in tight spaces and play one twos.

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #1016 on: March 6, 2020, 11:40:15 pm »
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline roym

• Main Stander
« Reply #1017 on: March 7, 2020, 09:43:05 am »
https://streamable.com/sca1j
you can see from that clip that he doesn't hide, and is not easily knocked over.... but was also getting ignored a lot in that game

Offline JJ Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1018 on: March 7, 2020, 09:52:45 am »
Good link up play. I just wonder if putting Salah back as the 9, giving Bobby a break might give us something different at the moment and allow Minamino a chance to have a real influence on a game.

Offline smurfinaus

• Legacy Fan
  • Hi Ho Hi Ho its off to <insert location> we go :P
« Reply #1019 on: March 7, 2020, 11:06:57 am »
you can see from that clip that he doesn't hide, and is not easily knocked over.... but was also getting ignored a lot in that game

Hopefully after a decent pre season next season his team mates will get onto his wavelength... been a few times in previous games where his movement was ignored by team mates

Offline Morgana

• Legacy Fan
  • Sanity is overrated.
« Reply #1020 on: May 26, 2020, 04:44:29 pm »
EXCLUSIVE: RB Salzburg manager Jesse Marsch admits Takumi Minamino Liverpool transfer was 'way too cheap'.

Takumi Minamino’s former coach at Red Bull Salzburg, Jesse Marsch, remains one of the Japanese attacker's biggest fans.

The pair still converse via text message on a regular basis, and while Minamino is no longer a Red Bull Salzburg player, the principles that the American coach drilled into him during their time together certainly still remain.
Marsch accepts that his former star has not become a regular at Anfield yet - no-one would question that - but he has no doubt that he will do sooner rather than later.

Speaking exclusively on a special Blood Red podcast, the 46-year-old explained: "What you have right now at Liverpool is some of the best players in the world in this position.

"Taki is still young and he will need to adapt.

"He is not a purely explosive player like Sadio Mane or Mo Salah - he has physical qualities, but he is a really intelligent footballer. It may take time for everyone to fully appreciate his qualities, but it will come.

"We’ve seen it here - his ability to understand tactical systems, his ability to find attacking moments, be good around the goal, it’s all good.

"It may take a little bit of time but eventually it will come together for him."
Minamino is widely thought of as being a shy, reserved character in the Liverpool dressing room.
But that should not take away his determination for success at Anfield, where it is understood that he is enjoying life.

As March outlines: "He is a little quiet and he is not the most outgoing guy but he is a top, top class individual.
"He comes early and does work in the gym, he’s incredibly friendly with all of the players, and he is well-liked.
"He sees things quickly and he moves the ball quickly - that makes him a fun guy to play with because he understands the way the game works.

"He is happy [at Liverpool] - he has talked about training being good and the guys being good guys.
"Taki will only turn up every day and do everything possible to try to improve.
"We’ve texted and checked in on different things. I give him a hard time about learning better English because I had to learn so much German, and now it’s his turn to come to my side a little more!
"But he knows nothing will be given to him but he is willing to work for whatever - that’s his mentality."

There has been some debate over when Liverpool first made their move for Minamino. Fans called for the Japanese international to be signed after watching him at Anfield in October, and then he duly was two months later. And Marsch says that Liverpool, too, were impressed by his performance - though extensive scouting will have been done beforehand as well.

He says: "We didn’t hear from Liverpool until after the first game [at Anfield, in October].
"We are aware that Jurgen Klopp follows our club and our players and a lot of his philosophies are in line with how we play.

"So it makes sense that he is always keeping track of the players that come through Leipzig and Salzburg and play similar football."

A fee of £7.25 million, Minamino’s release clause, was paid to Salzburg for the Japanese’s services in January.
That deal seems an age ago now, but Minamino has only been a Liverpool player for five months, and there is still plenty of hope that he can fulfil his potential. If he does, Marsch has no doubt that he will, Minamino will be added to the long list of Michael Edwards bargain buys.

Marsch concedes: "The thing that hurt with Taki is that Liverpool got him way, way, way too cheap. But this is part of managing the market and managing player contracts.

"We always have here, with the scouting team and the sports director, they do an amazing job, and we always have the next generation of players here and ready to take the next step."

Finding his best position will be crucial to Minamino slotting into Liverpool’s team. So far, Klopp has tended to use him down the middle as a kind of false nine. Marsch, though, says there is another role that might suit him too.

The Salzburg boss concluded: "He won’t be the best at playing the position that Salah and Sadio play, because they are used in very explosive transition movements.

"I think he could be good in Roberto Firmino’s position where against the ball, he is ready to do some pressing, but then with the ball, he comes into almost a 10 position for build-up and gets in the box to score goals.

"Firmino is so good at it but I think that’s something Taki can do as well.

"And I think he can play the eight position that they play in the midfield, with the two wide spots where he’s ready to press and help pick up balls, but he’s also part of the build-up phases.

"Because he is so intelligent, I think either Firmino or the positions alongside the six in the system that they play in Liverpool would be good for him."

Liverpool have not yet seen the peak incarnation of Takumi Minamino. But the coach who knows him as well as anyone says they will do - and that Liverpool fans should be very excited.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/newsliverpool/exclusive-rb-salzburg-manager-jesse-marsch-admits-takumi-minamino-liverpool-transfer-was-way-too-cheap/ar-BB14C3XD?ocid=spartanntp

« Reply #1021 on: May 27, 2020, 06:16:21 pm »
I was recently thinking something about his position in our squad. From the little I have seen of him I get the feeling he would be useful in the same role as Gini

Online RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
« Reply #1022 on: May 27, 2020, 09:12:38 pm »
I was recently thinking something about his position in our squad. From the little I have seen of him I get the feeling he would be useful in the same role as Gini
I was actually thinking more of a Jordan Henderson. He is not physically and defensively as strong as Gini. But a more advanced role will spare him off these physical battles and it will be more suited to his game.

Offline PaulD

• RAWK Supporter
  • Main Stander
  • Some things are more important .......
« Reply #1023 on: May 28, 2020, 03:42:55 am »
Not sure the Manager sees him as a direct replacement for either - his view is Taki as Taki - part of a fluid tactical option - one which we may not have seen yet.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1024 on: June 25, 2020, 02:01:35 pm »
Do feel he will be more suited to the role he was playing last night.

Maybe missing out on Werner was a blessing in disgusie and if we do sign another attacker will be one more suited to playing out wide.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline wampa1

• Should probably leg it while he can......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1025 on: June 25, 2020, 02:05:49 pm »
Yeah, thought he was better in the position he played last night. I mean, everyone looked good, but he looked comfortable which is new. Would have been on the score sheet had Salah used his right foot.

Offline Purple Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red, Green and White Army
« Reply #1026 on: June 25, 2020, 03:26:38 pm »
He's growing. Given Klopp's excellent track record with getting the best out of players we should have a very good player on our hands in time here.

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1027 on: July 2, 2020, 10:23:07 pm »
Would play him over Bobby for the next few games. He needs minutes and ideally upfront in the Bobby role. Get him used to our play etc as much as we can before next season
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Online RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
« Reply #1028 on: July 2, 2020, 10:26:47 pm »
Has game intelligence but it is the physical part of the game that he struggles.

Certainly much better than Origi when played together. Maybe Minamino  and Keita are the only ones that hasn't been drinking.

Online Oskar

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1029 on: July 2, 2020, 10:30:27 pm »
He could do with starting three or four of the remaining games.

We know how good he is, he just needs to find a bit of rhythm and get more minutes under his belt. Firmino has done his bit, he's going to lead the line next season, so we might as well use the rest of this season to get his cover/competition settled and up to speed with the Premier League.

No doubts that Minamino will become an important player for us, just has to really find his feet at the club.

Offline JamesG L4

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1030 on: July 2, 2020, 10:39:12 pm »
Has game intelligence but it is the physical part of the game that he struggles.

Certainly much better than Origi when played together. Maybe Minamino  and Keita are the only ones that hasn't been drinking.

“Much better than Origi” - Heavens, he’s not done anything in a red shirt yet.
---It's just a ride and we can change it any time we want. It's only a choice. No effort, no work, no job, no savings and money, a choice, right now, between fear and love-- william melvin hicks

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1031 on: July 2, 2020, 11:20:34 pm »
He could do with starting three or four of the remaining games.

We know how good he is, he just needs to find a bit of rhythm and get more minutes under his belt. Firmino has done his bit, he's going to lead the line next season, so we might as well use the rest of this season to get his cover/competition settled and up to speed with the Premier League.

No doubts that Minamino will become an important player for us, just has to really find his feet at the club.

Agree. I would give him 90 mins against Villa in Bobby's role then kick on from there.

With the fast turn around for next season we need to see what some of this squad players can do and give them a go.

Offline Morgana

• Legacy Fan
  • Sanity is overrated.
« Reply #1032 on: July 2, 2020, 11:33:28 pm »
Needs time, but also needs to take his chances when they arrive. He'll never be given as much leeway as Bobby or Mo for missing sitters time and time again. Even Sadio needs a kick up the arse occasionally, so it would be good all round if Klopp gave Minamino the next couple games to establish himself as a proper competitive alternative for any of the front three.

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1033 on: July 3, 2020, 09:05:54 pm »

Salah too?
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1034 on: July 3, 2020, 09:22:18 pm »

Offline lgvkarlos

• Finnished with his shit punnery now.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1035 on: July 3, 2020, 09:23:58 pm »
Think he needs to be given plenty of game time especially as we're getting no preseason, same goes for our youngster's.

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1036 on: July 3, 2020, 09:28:06 pm »
There is no need to rush him. Ease him in for the next few months and see where we are. It takes time to adjust to the pace and physicality of this league. He’s a clever player, he’ll figure it out with the help our staff.

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1037 on: July 3, 2020, 09:35:35 pm »
and Mane?

Yeah.  Shaq too, but he's not featured for some time.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1038 on: July 3, 2020, 09:40:01 pm »
Yeah.  Shaq too, but he's not featured for some time.
good enough reason to start drinking imo ;)

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1039 on: July 4, 2020, 12:48:42 am »
Suspecting he will do most damage in central midfield but we are so well stocked in that area