Author Topic: Takumi Minamino  (Read 435351 times)

Offline Djozer

• Ujpest
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Takumi Minamino - Now Eligible to Play
« Reply #800 on: January 23, 2020, 10:15:58 pm »
Hm.
Looked slow and soft to me, but I hardly expected much more after he got thrown in the deep end tonight.
He does work hard.
I mostly saw it like this too. Not exactly a tremendous league debut, but then debuts count for fuck all in the greater scheme of things. The lack of rapid quick fast pacy top top speed makes me think he may end up being a better Bobby replacement than out wide but who knows, it's early days as many have said. I imagine he's going to end up a cover player and not much more than that but again, early days and anything could happen.

I do like his workrate and he had a couple of really nice touches and, even though I wasn't that impressed it was a bloody hard game to get thrown into. Wolves are a very good team.

Offline Bread

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #801 on: January 23, 2020, 10:17:50 pm »
Interesting that he played in the midfield 3 in the second half ahead of Ox who got pushed forward. Makes me wonder what he proper position will actually be going forward.

Offline The Test

• 6'3" tall, very strong but also pretty quick seeks soulmate with GSOH. Priority given to Mormons.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Coutinho's cousins mates tennis partner
« Reply #802 on: January 23, 2020, 10:18:57 pm »
Yeah he basically got tossed into a cauldron tonight. Even Fab looked a bit rushed and overwhelmed at times so theres no point in drawing conclusions. Hoping that little flick over the wolves mid a minute after he came on was meant. Piece of magic.

Offline smutchin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #803 on: January 23, 2020, 10:21:22 pm »
Of course it was far from a perfect performance but while he might not have been in the right position every time, he covered the whole pitch, including doing defensive duties. That's what I meant about him looking like a proper Liverpool player.

He's still settling into the side, that was a tough game to get thrown into and having to fill Sadio's boots is a big ask. But I'm feeling confident about him as a long-term prospect.

Offline Dazzer23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #804 on: January 23, 2020, 10:23:44 pm »
Good feet, very neat and tidy, not sure he has the pace and thrust to be part of our front 3, looks a more a deeper player or a no. 10 to me.

Will take to time to adapt, hell of an introduction to come into tonight, probably sat in dressing room now thinking ‘what the fuck...!?’

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #805 on: January 23, 2020, 10:24:29 pm »
Klopp said he was complaining about sore calves and had lots of massage at half time...

A touch concerning
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Morgana

• Legacy Fan
  • Sanity is overrated.
« Reply #806 on: January 23, 2020, 10:27:08 pm »
Two baptisms of fire for him: Merseyside derby debut, then PL debut against our toughest divisional rival (Let's face it, Leicester and Man City cannot hold a candle to Wolves energy against us  this year). I think Takumi has done very well.

Offline Bend It Like Aurelio

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #807 on: January 23, 2020, 10:34:19 pm »
He is able to play as an 8, but he doesn’t look like he is on the same wavelength as everyone else. Needs time.

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #808 on: January 23, 2020, 10:34:54 pm »
Let's face it, barring injury he wasn't getting a start this season until at least the very end - he's being trained up into the tactics. Let's reserve judgement till next year.
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #809 on: January 23, 2020, 10:35:28 pm »
He is able to play as an 8, but he doesn’t look like he is on the same wavelength as everyone else. Needs time.

I don't think we were on his wavelength. He was showing all game and creating space for himself all over, no one gave him the ball.

Still a c*nt of a game to come into.
:D

Offline number 168

• Bootle - Aigburth Vale. Mon-Sat evenings, Sundays & Bank Holidays only. Arl fart clearly past his sell-his-season-ticket-by-date.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #810 on: January 23, 2020, 10:37:34 pm »
The guy was making runs all night but it will take a while for him to integrate himself into the team, and for those runs to be anticipated by others. He has skill, quick feet and I reckon he will be a real asset once he gets a few games under his belt.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #811 on: January 23, 2020, 10:45:08 pm »
That one touch fairly early on to take it over one of theirs was gorgeous. Just needs to get up to speed with the pace of the PL but looking promising.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline RobbieRedman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #812 on: January 23, 2020, 10:48:20 pm »
Was really surprised he came on for Mane and Origi didn't

still find that a bit baffling

Offline AnimalMasch

• Main Stander
  • Have faith, LFC will prevail. YNWA
« Reply #813 on: January 23, 2020, 10:52:41 pm »
He's gonna be a fantastic player for us once tuned. Mark my words.
Have faith, LFC will prevail. YNWA

Offline tornado

• ali
  • Kopite
« Reply #814 on: January 23, 2020, 11:03:33 pm »
Hopefully gets to play a lot after it's done and dusted so the bedding in is brought forward to this season. Noticed a few times like others have mentioned but team didn't trust him to hold it against such quality opposition. It will come gradually.

Offline oxenstierna

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #815 on: January 23, 2020, 11:05:54 pm »
Think he did the basics ok. Hard game to influence

Offline The Test

• 6'3" tall, very strong but also pretty quick seeks soulmate with GSOH. Priority given to Mormons.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Coutinho's cousins mates tennis partner
« Reply #816 on: January 23, 2020, 11:05:56 pm »
I agree with the fact he was asking for the ball while under pressure, and mostly not getting it. Sneaky suspicion him and Naby will have some fun together.

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #817 on: January 23, 2020, 11:06:24 pm »
Was not the right time or the ideal game to bring him on and I’m sure that if Milner, Shaqiri or Lallana were available they’d have come on instead. Clearly has ability, but needs time to adapt to the system, you could tell at times he was caught in two minds with his movement. He’s got the technical ability, it’s about easing him in.

Offline Dull Tools

• Likes James Corden.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #818 on: January 23, 2020, 11:23:58 pm »
The guy was making runs all night but it will take a while for him to integrate himself into the team, and for those runs to be anticipated by others. He has skill, quick feet and I reckon he will be a real asset once he gets a few games under his belt.
Agreed with Robbo. He wanted it to feet all game and wasn't getting it.

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #819 on: January 23, 2020, 11:30:24 pm »
He did ok but remember he’s now being asked to play at an intensity that he probably isn’t used to yet. It took Fabinho a long time to get used to the speed of the PL.
#JFT97

Offline OneTouchFooty

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #820 on: January 23, 2020, 11:36:56 pm »
Thought he looked a touch slow and a little lightweight but has a lovely touch, felt others weren't on his wavelength at times. I imagine he hasn't played in a game of that intensity in his life though. He needs a a few cameos then a full pre-season.

Offline terry_macss_perm

• looking to be flogged
  • Kopite
« Reply #821 on: January 23, 2020, 11:43:59 pm »

Given the circumstances I thought he did well, he will be a great asset once he’s adjusted to the pace of the game here, would love to see him start in the FA CUP

Can’t see that happening on Sunday, unfortunately. Short turnaround after an intense 60 mins and concerns about his calves. I’d have thought it too much of a risk to give him a start v Shrewsbury.

Online Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #822 on: January 23, 2020, 11:49:02 pm »
This game will do him the world of good. Yes it was a bloody difficult and high paced game but nothing beats actual match practice. It gives you the feedback you need to take back onto the training pitch when learning the tactical side.  Delighted we got through this one with a win and giving minutes to both Minamino and Fabinho.

I saw a lot to be encouraged by with Minamino’s performance.  Beautiful touch on the ball and tremendous work rate. That’s the basis of being a successful Liverpool player. Give him time though. Remember it took the likes of Fabinho and Chamberlain several months to get up to speed!  But all in all very encouraging.
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
« Reply #823 on: January 24, 2020, 12:52:41 am »
At one point I was hoping Klopp would sub him because he was quite far off the pace.

Then I realised it took 6 months for Fab to get up to speed. Even for someone familiar with the league like Ox took 3-4 games. Shaq still couldn’t come to grips with our play 2 years on.

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #824 on: January 24, 2020, 12:57:40 am »
Let's face it, barring injury he wasn't getting a start this season until at least the very end - he's being trained up into the tactics. Let's reserve judgement till next year.

Exactly. We can only really judge him starting next season. He will improve tremendously under our staff; whether that'll be enough for the team, time will tell.
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline mc_red22

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #825 on: January 24, 2020, 02:11:41 am »
At one point I was hoping Klopp would sub him because he was quite far off the pace.

Then I realised it took 6 months for Fab to get up to speed. Even for someone familiar with the league like Ox took 3-4 games. Shaq still couldn’t come to grips with our play 2 years on.

That's one way to kill the guy's confidence before he's even got going.

Offline jonkrux

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #826 on: January 24, 2020, 02:49:02 am »
I'm sorry but some on this thread are looking into this situation far too much for me...
The lad always wanted the ball. Tight spaces or not, it doesn't matter. He showed himself every single time. Off the ball he was tidy, but never had a chance to show what he is capable of. Salah perhaps should have passed but it wasn't to be. For his league debut, it was almost as difficult as possible. Wolves are a very good side, just give him the time and he will come good. Next season we will see what we have, it just takes a little time.

Offline Koparoo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Number 7 is just around the corner!!
« Reply #827 on: January 24, 2020, 02:49:09 am »

if Salah would pass, there is a chance he could have scored already tonight...

Not only that but he flew down the pitch to catch up to Salah and offer him the supporting option - so I didn't think he was too slow. Couple of other nice vignettes in what was a cauldron of a game.

I think he was still playing 'his' game and showing for lots of balls - but they weren't quite 'our' type of options - so he was largely ignored/bypassed. As others have noted, that requires time in training and games. But I saw some good elements (for Klopp to work with!!).

Not sure if he will so much sub for Mane or Salah (and he is some time away from being another Bobby - everyone is, though) - but if I was Shaq/Ox/Lallana... I'd be getting a little nervous   8)
"After 27 years and 11 days, finally, we got justice for the 96"
Adrian Tempany

... YNWA

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #828 on: January 24, 2020, 02:49:23 am »
Almost all players that we sign take a good 6 month or so to get used to the system.

Fabinho, Robertson, Keita, Ox, Gini etc all looked a little rusty and out of depth for few months before looking boss. I expect the same of Takumi. Even though RB Salzburg play a similar style to us, just the physicality of the league will take time getting used too.

I wouldn't be judging his true level until next season.

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #829 on: January 24, 2020, 02:57:52 am »

Wolves were sitting deep so they could spring Traore, meaning Orgi's main weapon, which is pace, was neutralised.

I can see why Minamino was used, probably better in tight spaces and can slip into the midfield three, meaning we could switch between 433 and 442
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Online Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #830 on: January 24, 2020, 03:09:16 am »

I don’t get that last line about Shaq, have we been watching a different player?

Offline Desert Red Fox

• Legacy Fan
  • Orange and Red!
« Reply #831 on: January 24, 2020, 03:22:26 am »
Tough game for him to debut (at least in the League) but he did fine. He obviously needs time to get up to speed but I think some promising signs are there.

Hope we see more of him as the weeks go by!

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #832 on: January 24, 2020, 03:33:56 am »

It was the right thing.

You've to think a game goes on for 90 plus mins. Mane is a world class player with extremely high work rate and pace. He's a threat to other teams but we started to get overrun in midfield and our full backs needed more support. If Milner or Lallana  would of been fit he would of come on. Push Ox up top because really with his ability to shoot from range he's a danager but we couldn't get him to do his busting runs because Wolves started to control midfield.

If Salah would of played OX in then you would of thought great move Klopp.

We also need a player with pace to come on later as Wolves get shattered.

Mimamino worked his socks off.. tough PL debut but he's needed and we normally give players plenty of time to settle in. Can't judge him yet.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #833 on: January 24, 2020, 03:47:13 am »
Klopp explained that bringing on Origi would have been too attacking that early in the game, and playing Minamino gave us more tactical flexibility as he can play multiple positions without a problem [although he's best suited in a central position in between the lines]

Offline d.arn

• Kopite
« Reply #834 on: January 24, 2020, 08:24:44 am »
He's clearly hungry for the ball, calling for it all the time, either to feet or pointing into space. Good to see. However, it felt like he was sometimes making slightly odd runs and taking up difficult positions. Quite a few times he was calling for the ball while being in very crowded areas, and wasn't really an option for the player on the ball. But he'll get used to our attacking play and will be fine. Klopp is excellent at slowly introducing players, look at Fabinho. Minamino will be great for us next season.

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #835 on: January 24, 2020, 08:26:27 am »

Looked a bit off the pace, a full pre-season will sort that. Oh and time playing with the good lads.

Could have had a goal if Salah had passed it when he was wide open.
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Offline MNAA

• ...mnaa, doo doo, deh-doodoo.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #836 on: January 24, 2020, 08:32:34 am »
He did ok but he is far from the level we want him to be eventually. If Keita or Lallana or Milner was on the bench, Klopp would have sent either one of them on instead of him. From now until the end of season and pre-season, it’s all about getting him up to speed with our system, pace and intensity
Neither party wishes to be bent over backwards but...
coitus will occur

Offline Roger Federer

• Christ imagine naming yourself after Roger Federer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #837 on: January 24, 2020, 08:37:04 am »
Interesting that he played in the midfield 3 in the second half ahead of Ox who got pushed forward. Makes me wonder what he proper position will actually be going forward.
He did? Looked more like both him and Chamberlain played wide in a 4-2-3-1 before Fabinho came on. It was 4-3-3 after that, only with Salah/Origi as the central striker, and Minamino and Firmino in the wider areas.

Offline JC the Messiah

• Legacy Fan
  • ♪ ...and now Jürgen-a believe us... ♬
« Reply #838 on: January 24, 2020, 08:43:29 am »
He'll be fine.

His first touch (I think) was a sublime bit of skill, and although he was on the periphery at times, there were others in the side who weren't as dominant or influential as we'd like/expect. Fabinho hardly set the world on fire when he came on, and we know what an excellent player he is. Gini didn't have his finest game, etc.

Minamino will be a great signing, I'm pretty sure of it.
"I said to the boys before the game it would be impossible. But because it’s you, I say we have a chance."
Jürgen Klopp, 7 May 2019

"I told them if we score it will be different. We scored. It was different."
Rafael Benitez, 25 May 2005

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #839 on: January 24, 2020, 09:40:29 am »
There is a reason Klopp needs 6 months to bed in new signings to our system. He was never going to slot straight in and be as incredible as he was at Salzburg   

Can't judge him based on last night. He was a signing based on his availability for next season. I'll judge him at the start of next season.

Has to be a certain starter on Sunday though so lets see