Author Topic: Takumi Minamino  (Read 435348 times)

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Takumi Minamino - Now Eligible to Play
« Reply #880 on: January 26, 2020, 02:55:40 pm »
:wave

This ones found it’s way into the politics threads too. Can we just flush it now?

What's this?
"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #881 on: January 26, 2020, 02:56:18 pm »
Be excellent to each other.
"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

Offline penwhen

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #882 on: January 26, 2020, 03:34:01 pm »
Be excellent to each other.

And party on, dudes.

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
« Reply #883 on: January 26, 2020, 03:37:09 pm »
Hope he starts today, this is the kind of game to find his feet, grab a first goal etc. He's had a tough introduction do far.
Hillsborough...Our Greatest Victory (out now)

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #884 on: January 26, 2020, 03:43:53 pm »
Hope he starts today, this is the kind of game to find his feet, grab a first goal etc. He's had a tough introduction do far.

Played 2 Won 2.  8)
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
« Reply #885 on: January 26, 2020, 03:51:19 pm »
Played 2 Won 2.  8)

Not result wise, more on a personal performance level. Wolves in particular gave a few of our players a run for their money.
Hillsborough...Our Greatest Victory (out now)

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #886 on: January 26, 2020, 04:22:04 pm »

Online mattD

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #887 on: January 26, 2020, 04:24:50 pm »
Looked really weak against wolves.

Wow. Just wow.

Internet football fans really are something else.

Offline tornado

• ali
  • Kopite
« Reply #888 on: January 26, 2020, 04:31:57 pm »
Great he got the start...probably means Mane injury not severe..might make it against West Ham

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #889 on: January 26, 2020, 04:33:16 pm »
Wow. Just wow.

Internet football fans really are something else.

it's funny cos the one thing that Jürgen Klopp really picked up on with Taki after the game was how effectively and how hard he fought   The lad is a scrapper, he may not be big, but we have a few players who aren't that big, but they are players who fight for every inch.

Offline aw1991

• Legacy Fan
  • Love Firmino, hate bastards
« Reply #890 on: January 26, 2020, 04:38:08 pm »
Haha we yeah of course I will but I’m just giving my opinion of him in the wolves game.
Mate, it's painfully obvious.

He's playing at a new club, in a league much more difficult than the Austrian BuLi. This without a pre-season that will get him more familiar with the tactical system and his develop partnerships with his teammates. I don't think he's going to be very influential until the end of the season because of this.

Still, he wasn't levels below everyone else on the pitch. It was a difficult game that didn't complement any of our players that wasn't Alisson.

I'm fine with criticizing players, but criticizing Minamino really adds nothing to the table at this point.

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
« Reply #891 on: January 26, 2020, 04:56:13 pm »
It's a wum - ignore it

Offline fredfrop

• 19*
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #892 on: January 26, 2020, 04:58:56 pm »
It needs muting or something more severe.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #893 on: January 26, 2020, 05:48:54 pm »
Just ignore him.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #894 on: January 26, 2020, 06:59:07 pm »
Thought he did well tonight.

Always looking up, wanting to drive forward and always seemed to find that little pocket of space.

Only a few games in but you can see how much joy he’ll get when he’s up to speed with the rest of the squad.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #895 on: January 26, 2020, 07:03:50 pm »
More hustle from him today, thought he had a decent game.  Can't help being shunted around to different positions every time he plays, but his time will come.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline M7 Heckler

• Anny Roader
« Reply #896 on: January 26, 2020, 07:08:09 pm »
thought he was very poor, personally. showed a real lack of awareness on the pitch and not much fight in him either. its actually playing with 10 men with him in the side, but early days.

Offline JamesG L4

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #897 on: January 26, 2020, 07:14:27 pm »
thought he was very poor, personally. showed a real lack of awareness on the pitch and not much fight in him either. its actually playing with 10 men with him in the side, but early days.

Remember reading exactly the same posts about Fabinho after Arsenal away last season.

Hold fire. Take a breath. He has to start somewhere.
---It's just a ride and we can change it any time we want. It's only a choice. No effort, no work, no job, no savings and money, a choice, right now, between fear and love-- william melvin hicks

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #898 on: January 26, 2020, 07:22:08 pm »
Everton H in a team of none regulars. Away at Wolves in our toughest game of the season. Away on a poor pitch with a team of none regulars...yeah I don't think I'll judge him yet...
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline Red Ol

• 82 years in this crazy world and still plays with Lego
  • Legacy Fan
  • Children of the night. What music they make.
« Reply #899 on: January 26, 2020, 07:22:34 pm »
Remember reading exactly the same posts about Fabinho after Arsenal away last season.

Hold fire. Take a breath. He has to start somewhere.
Hear hear

Modern football fans are way too quick to critique. Lad’s done nothing wrong so far. He’s finding his feet and it might take a bit longer but that’s ok.
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain

Offline JC the Messiah

• Legacy Fan
  • ♪ ...and now Jürgen-a believe us... ♬
« Reply #900 on: January 26, 2020, 07:32:41 pm »

Nonsense. Was one of the few who can hold his head up after that game.

Midfield was absent, very little (especially in the second half) coming up the wings. He was so isolated, but certainly showed fight and grit - which is where your post falls down the most.

Looking forward to seeing him in a side that is mostly all the first-choice XI, and isn't playing a tough side like wolves where we saw regulars like Gini struggle.

its actually playing with 10 men with him in the side,

That's just ridiculous.
"I said to the boys before the game it would be impossible. But because it’s you, I say we have a chance."
Jürgen Klopp, 7 May 2019

"I told them if we score it will be different. We scored. It was different."
Rafael Benitez, 25 May 2005

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #901 on: January 26, 2020, 07:36:29 pm »
I think he put in a shift just needs a goal to get him going .
Mellowing and Retired, and stayed around long enough to watch the Tories implode

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #902 on: January 26, 2020, 07:38:30 pm »
Wait - you guys are taking someone called M7 Heckler seriously? Seems like he was registered to provide shit posts.

Offline MrGrumpy

• Miserable old man. Does things with Nutella while trying not to think about football.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #903 on: January 26, 2020, 07:45:31 pm »
He will be a good player, but he needs time to settle.
Justice for the 96!

Offline M7 Heckler

• Anny Roader
« Reply #904 on: January 26, 2020, 07:47:06 pm »
I agree he was isolated but also he needs to do something about it - there was a flash of what i'd describe as presence before he came off when he really competed for a ball that wasnt his, which he didnt really show for 60 minutes prior. a bit timid i think. maybe harsh with the 10 men comment, he plugs gaps but doesn't really impact the oppositions play in defence (yet).

For me, Bobby came on, showed the presence, and made all the runs that minamino didn't, and it made a big impact on the team performance. minamino looked overwhelmed in comparison. To be clear I'm not writing him off, just that i see a big gap between the level he has shown in his first couple of games and the level he needs to display to play for liverpool. Must be really hard not speaking the language, without knowing any of your colleagues, and being expected to do your job; I certainly wouldnt be able to do it in my line of work so its not a criticism of him as a person, but an observation of his games so far.

Offline M7 Heckler

• Anny Roader
« Reply #905 on: January 26, 2020, 07:48:42 pm »
Wait - you guys are taking someone called M7 Heckler seriously? Seems like he was registered to provide shit posts.

unlike you, the saviour of RAWK. bet you've got your post count on your CV lol

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #906 on: January 26, 2020, 07:50:21 pm »
I agree he was isolated but also he needs to do something about it - there was a flash of what i'd describe as presence before he came off when he really competed for a ball that wasnt his, which he didnt really show for 60 minutes prior. a bit timid i think. maybe harsh with the 10 men comment, he plugs gaps but doesn't really impact the oppositions play in defence (yet).

For me, Bobby came on, showed the presence, and made all the runs that minamino didn't, and it made a big impact on the team performance. minamino looked overwhelmed in comparison. To be clear I'm not writing him off, just that i see a big gap between the level he has shown in his first couple of games and the level he needs to display to play for liverpool. Must be really hard not speaking the language, without knowing any of your colleagues, and being expected to do your job; I certainly wouldnt be able to do it in my line of work so its not a criticism of him as a person, but an observation of his games so far.

God loves a trier !
Mellowing and Retired, and stayed around long enough to watch the Tories implode

Offline Iska

• Legacy Fan
  • The only club that matters
« Reply #907 on: January 26, 2020, 08:01:20 pm »
He’s been alright.  Other than the *really* big guns, all our recent signings are in and out in various permutations for six months to let them get used to it.  No reason why Taksi should be any different.

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #908 on: January 26, 2020, 08:50:46 pm »
Way too early to judge Minamino. Like many of our new signings the 1st few games he's struggled to get to grips with the pace and tactical aspects of how we play.

This next 4 months or so will be about him bedding in and getting accustomed to the tactical and physical demands of the Klopp system and English football.

For Minamino it might be that a lot of this acclimatisation period happens on the training ground. If we start to have close to a full 1st team squad available after the February break, then getting on the bench will be a challenge for some players. I think we may be looking at 2 sub spots between Minamino, Shaqiri and Origi on most occasions.

Time to start to judge Minamino will be next season after these next 4 months and a full pre-season under his belt.
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #909 on: January 26, 2020, 08:51:46 pm »

Why wouldn’t I have it on my CV? All the important and influential members of society do.

Alternatively I could make my initial post be complete garbage like you did and then have to back track immediately when called out and  try to explain myself instead of just being proactive to the discussion from the get go.

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #910 on: January 26, 2020, 09:26:18 pm »
Hopefully he won't suffer for his versatility. It feels a lot to ask anyone to play like Mane one week and like Firmino the next, and to do so without us unfairly comparing him unfavourably to arguably our best two players.  He predominantly played as the right of a front three for Salzburg so I'm guessing he may also be understudy to Salah.

I think he's done fine without particularly shining in both games and positions in the past week.

Offline M7 Heckler

• Anny Roader
« Reply #911 on: January 26, 2020, 09:50:43 pm »
Why wouldn’t I have it on my CV? All the important and influential members of society do.

Alternatively I could make my initial post be complete garbage like you did and then have to back track immediately when called out and  try to explain myself instead of just being proactive to the discussion from the get go.

point taken, my first post was lazy. to say i back tracked at any point is a stretch, i merely qualified my initial comments, which i stand by.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #912 on: January 26, 2020, 10:15:25 pm »
Needs time, looked a tad lost.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #913 on: January 26, 2020, 10:42:49 pm »

Fish out of water.  Ideal opportunity today to assert himself. 
We are Loyal Supporters

Offline Too early for flapjacks?

• It is? Hmm. How about a Groundhog steak? No? Damn. Thinks James Milner has the perfect body.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #914 on: January 26, 2020, 10:43:03 pm »
Plenty of graft but struggling to link up with his teammates. Will need a bit of time to build an understanding.

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #915 on: January 26, 2020, 11:04:50 pm »
Plenty of graft but struggling to link up with his teammates. Will need a bit of time to build an understanding.

And to be fair some of the players he’s trying to link up with were Elliot, Pedro, Jones, Neco/Larouci. It’s not that fair to him to judge him on it. Regardless he’s already shown sheer class in the CL and we can be confident he will become a top player here.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #916 on: January 26, 2020, 11:07:21 pm »
We bought the fucker for just over 7 million, if it doesn't work out we sell him for double the amount. No worries.  ;D :wave

Offline Sinyoro

• Give the ball to Bobby and he will scyoro
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #917 on: January 26, 2020, 11:16:40 pm »

What teammates, 16 year old Elliot and Origi?

Online stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #918 on: January 26, 2020, 11:32:35 pm »
I haven't really seen his "style" yet.....what does he do best. At Napoli he was bursting into the box and playing nice linkups with the other players. As yet he hasn't been able to do that. That's not a criticism; just an observation.
#JFT97

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #919 on: January 26, 2020, 11:33:21 pm »
He played part of two games with two entirely different teams switching over several positions. He's done well, put some miles in those legs, felt the intensity of the game and is still settling. What do people expect from him in that time, be a world-beater?
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."