Author Topic: Takumi Minamino  (Read 435374 times)

Offline davealexred

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Takumi Minamino - Now Eligible to Play
« Reply #720 on: January 2, 2020, 10:59:12 pm »
Have our legal team found a loophole yet which would allow him to be selected for the weekend? I’m assuming because it’s the F.A. Cup it’s a different set of rules than the Premier League.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #721 on: January 2, 2020, 11:00:31 pm »
Have our legal team found a loophole yet which would allow him to be selected for the weekend? I’m assuming because it’s the F.A. Cup it’s a different set of rules than the Premier League.

Yes he will be able to play.

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #722 on: January 2, 2020, 11:01:09 pm »
I very much hope he’s available for the weekend.

Have our legal team found a loophole yet which would allow him to be selected? I’m assuming because it’s the F.A. Cup it’s a different set of rules than the Premier League.

Today was the first day that players could be registered because of the bank holiday. You cannot play on the day that you are registered due to PL rules. He is can play from tomorrow.

Offline JC the Messiah

• Legacy Fan
  • ♪ ...and now Jürgen-a believe us... ♬
« Reply #723 on: January 2, 2020, 11:02:20 pm »
Why didn't he play tonight? Surprised Klopp didn't throw him in, especially with the injuries in midfield.
"I said to the boys before the game it would be impossible. But because it’s you, I say we have a chance."
Jürgen Klopp, 7 May 2019

"I told them if we score it will be different. We scored. It was different."
Rafael Benitez, 25 May 2005

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #724 on: January 2, 2020, 11:03:02 pm »
Went didn't he play tonight? Surprised Klopp didn't throw him in, especially with the injuries in midfield.

His registration does not clear until tomorrow.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #725 on: January 2, 2020, 11:03:23 pm »
he'll be starting vs Everton so long as he's fit, we're running out of players!

Offline JC the Messiah

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #726 on: January 2, 2020, 11:03:44 pm »
His registration does not clear until tomorrow.

But is he cup tied?
"I said to the boys before the game it would be impossible. But because it’s you, I say we have a chance."
Jürgen Klopp, 7 May 2019

Offline Hoenheim

• Legacy Fan
  • Lovely cushioned header for Gerrard...
« Reply #727 on: January 2, 2020, 11:08:23 pm »
I love Emre Can more than both of my children. Fact

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #728 on: January 3, 2020, 11:34:08 am »
Can't wait to see him in action on Sunday.

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #729 on: January 3, 2020, 11:36:12 am »
Him and Ibe too

And meanwhile Watford are down to 10 (no, really!)
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline ChaChaMooMoo

• From doubters to believers - Klopp 2015
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.
« Reply #730 on: January 3, 2020, 02:13:51 pm »
I have doubts on him starting the Everton game. Everton can get a bit physical. For someone who has never played in this league, to hand him a start, against Everton would be a bit brave.

I remember Keita going through a "settling down" period. As did Matip and Fabinho. He will probably give him a couple of games of substitute appearances. As much as I want to see him play, I think we might have to wait a bit longer.

My 2 cents though.

Offline pathetic

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #731 on: January 3, 2020, 02:19:48 pm »
I have doubts on him starting the Everton game. Everton can get a bit physical. For someone who has never played in this league, to hand him a start, against Everton would be a bit brave.

I remember Keita going through a "settling down" period. As did Matip and Fabinho. He will probably give him a couple of games of substitute appearances. As much as I want to see him play, I think we might have to wait a bit longer.

My 2 cents though.

Agreed but given the high regard Klopp gives these cups ;D I wouldn't be surprised to see him start.

Offline Larse

• Kopite
« Reply #732 on: January 3, 2020, 02:25:31 pm »
If he starts/plays against Everton, where will he play. To me its still a mystery, I see him in a Firmino role, between the lines. Dont know what Klopp is planning though.

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #733 on: January 3, 2020, 02:27:02 pm »

My 2 cents though.

Not sure about that.
We tried really hard and could barely lay a glove on him in the Champions League.
He is very, very good at playing under pressure and could carve Everton open if they overcommit and see him as some kind of a weak point.

I'm expecting him to start and would not be surprised if he's high on the list of best players on the night. 

Offline Mr_Shane

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #734 on: January 3, 2020, 02:29:49 pm »
He has not played for ages. Hence logic says he will play against Everton  :wave

Online Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #735 on: January 3, 2020, 02:32:09 pm »

My 2 cents though.

This crossed my mind too, but our squad is pretty thin right now and he has thrown players in immediately before too (van Dijk, Alisson, Mane) so I can see us using him in this game then maybe not starting him again until the next cup game.

Online RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
« Reply #736 on: January 3, 2020, 02:34:43 pm »
Sometimes you wonder what they teach in Everton's academy. Is leg breaking a core syllabus?

I would be very hesitant to play Minamino.

Sign 11 players on loan and send them home after the game would be my preference. Use and forget like toilet paper.

Offline ChaChaMooMoo

• From doubters to believers - Klopp 2015
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.
« Reply #737 on: January 3, 2020, 03:08:01 pm »
This crossed my mind too, but our squad is pretty thin right now and he has thrown players in immediately before too (van Dijk, Alisson, Mane) so I can see us using him in this game then maybe not starting him again until the next cup game.
Van Dijk and Mane came from Liverpool reserve team down south and very much accustomed to the league. Alisson was probably thrown in because he a GK and not an outfield player. Fabinho and Keita not so much because they came from the Ligue-1 and 1.Bundesliga. Austrian Bundesliga is nothing like the Ligue-1 and 1.Bundesliga.

Posters here have been commenting on his already thin physique. I was able to dig out one of them. There are definitely more.

No wonder he cost so little, we must have paid by the kilogram. never seen a player so slight

But we had this as well...

I want to lick his eyeballs.

Dont get me wrong. I want him to nail a hattrick against them bitters or better, tear them a new hole. But I am just not sure if he will start against the bitters.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #738 on: January 3, 2020, 07:35:37 pm »
Sometimes you wonder what they teach in Everton's academy. Is leg breaking a core syllabus?

Sign 11 players on loan and send them home after the game would be my preference. Use and forget like toilet paper.

From what I have been told by coaches from LFC and City, its not football they teach.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #739 on: January 3, 2020, 09:46:53 pm »
From what I have been told by coaches from LFC and City, its not football they teach.
That information must have leaked out for years. The worst kept secret...
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #740 on: January 3, 2020, 10:23:21 pm »
He's gotta play this weekend for sure.

Offline Armand9

• Legacy Fan
    • http://armand9.deviantart.com/
« Reply #741 on: January 3, 2020, 10:31:33 pm »
depending on the tiredness of the players, i would expect him to be a substitute, but if fatigue in the squad is in the equation, he might get a start

injuries (esp certain types - eg harry kane, hamstring, at the end of the holiday madness) are more common place in tired/fatigued players, having a fresh player available gives a nice option to rest players with a heavy workload of minutes and is very tempting im sure
« Last Edit: January 3, 2020, 10:35:40 pm by Armand9 »
Losing your only chance of silverware this season to your city rival. At home. With the most expensive squad ever assembled.

Have that, you arrogant wanker. CarraG238

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #742 on: January 4, 2020, 12:12:29 am »
I can’t see any reason not to play him. He was fantastic against us in the Champions League and should be head and shoulders better than any Everton player.

I want to see a lot of our first team missing this game and some of the others sent out to destroy Everton.
#JFT97

Offline farawayred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #743 on: January 4, 2020, 12:32:30 am »
If all senior Everton players can adapt to Carlo's new requirements in a short space of time, so could Minamino. He's a starter in this one for me.

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #744 on: January 4, 2020, 07:50:38 pm »
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #745 on: January 4, 2020, 07:54:44 pm »
He won't be ready for the main first team yet as he needs to get up to speed with what Klopp wants, but I'm sure they have been chatting with him and sent videos of his role here, so cannot see any reason why he can't go into the cup squad, especially against this shower.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline keyop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Always eleven, acting as one.
« Reply #746 on: January 4, 2020, 07:59:14 pm »

It's literally the perfect game to introduce him to Anfield, the rivalry, and the cut and thrust of a premier league style match, without affecting the title race.

He's also well-rested, he allows us to rotate, and this competition is 3rd on our list of priorities for the rest of the season.

If Everton players want to break his legs, they'll have to catch him first.
I've got OCD, but I prefer to call it CDO so it's in alphabetical order.

Offline Crimson

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #747 on: January 5, 2020, 06:07:13 pm »
Impressive first appearance. Would have liked to see him and Origi switch place through the middle but a very astute performance by the new man. Found some really nice pockets of space, although he didn´t get the ball. This will improve when he gels more with the team and they get more on the same wave length  ;D
I have no idea what I’m taking about

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #748 on: January 5, 2020, 06:08:03 pm »
Good cameo, hard to come into a team and play with kids, but looked impressive.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #749 on: January 5, 2020, 06:09:09 pm »
Will take him a while to settle in, very interested in seeing what he can do with Salah and Mane both running in behind him.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Melbred

• Kim cloned.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #750 on: January 5, 2020, 06:12:34 pm »
Pretty solid debut - looked up to it physically as well and harried their defence well in the first half.

The pass that Origi played to Jones in the lead up to the goal was what he crying out for all game.

Can see him being a lot of fun with the likes of Bobby, Mane and Salah.

Offline JC the Messiah

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #751 on: January 5, 2020, 06:15:14 pm »
Put himself about a bit and stuck his foot in a few times. We know he's got skills, but he looks like a player suited to the PL.
Jürgen Klopp, 7 May 2019

Offline farawayred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #752 on: January 5, 2020, 06:25:20 pm »
Good cameo. Clearly he hasn't trained long enough with the team, but when he does, and when supported by real quality and experience around him, he'll be flying.

Offline PIPA23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #753 on: January 5, 2020, 06:35:21 pm »
he will slot in to this team without any problems imo...

Offline SteveLFC

• Kopite
« Reply #754 on: January 5, 2020, 06:43:19 pm »
Pretty good debut all in all.. Looks like an intelligent sort of player and a good reader of the game. His pressing was really good but he faded in the second half understandably. Needs some intensive training sessions and a few sub appearances before considering for the first team but we got a gem, thats for sure.

Offline Rojo Junior

• Kemlynite
« Reply #755 on: January 5, 2020, 07:05:12 pm »
he will slot in to this team without any problems imo...

Made some very slick and clever runs today both on & off the ball but no-one tried to play him in - I think him and our midfielders are really gonna get along

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #756 on: January 5, 2020, 07:11:37 pm »
He's no centre forward though.  ;D

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #757 on: January 5, 2020, 07:43:10 pm »
Dunno man - right set up and maybe he is...
"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #758 on: January 5, 2020, 07:45:22 pm »
Was showing for the ball in pockets throughout and you get the feeling the ball will magnetise to him more and more. A Liverpool player in his marrow.
"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #759 on: January 5, 2020, 07:51:12 pm »
He is probably thinking what have I done here.  ;D

When he left the team hotel he probably thought, Yeh good opportunity to be the standout player today. Unluckeee.

Seriously though having watched him live I can understand why Klopp wanted him so much. His movement and game intelligence is excellent. Once he is integrated and up to speed with our movements, he will be great.
"Ohhh-kayyy"