Author Topic: CL: Liverpool 1 v Napoli 1 20’ Mertens 64’ Degsy  (Read 32779 times)

Online ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
Re: CL: Liverpool 1 v Napoli 1 20’ Mertens 64’ Degsy
« Reply #480 on: November 28, 2019, 06:14:45 am »
We lead the league by 8 points, we're top of our Champions League group, we're reigning European champions. Why the doom and gloom?

Are we worried about getting at least a draw at RBS?
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Online jckliew

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #481 on: November 28, 2019, 06:20:40 am »
We lead the league by 8 points, we're top of our Champions League group, we're reigning European champions. Why the doom and gloom?

Maybe some are beginning to see the chinks?  Especially the injuries to key players.
My 12yr old son asked me: Is Blackburn a Racist name?

Online ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #482 on: November 28, 2019, 06:23:33 am »
Maybe some are beginning to see the chinks?  Especially the injuries to key players.

Well yes but that was bound to happen at some point, and we don't even know how long Fab's out for. Mo's back. Trent was just rested, not injured.

"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline deano2727

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #483 on: November 28, 2019, 06:27:50 am »

I think most are disappointed we didn't take the chance to make the RBS a much welcomed dead rubber, which is placed in the middle of a hectic period for us. Now we go into a hectic December with zero respite.

I am sure most of us fancy us to go over there and get the win to see us through top, never mind the draw, but its disappointing we couldn't get the job done at home.

The only gripe I would have is, there was no reason to play Gomez at RB v these. Trent could have been rested at the weekend. He has played Trent against much tricker opposition and he has done fine. We missed his creativity dearly tonight. Gomez clearly not a RB.

On to Brighton.

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #484 on: November 28, 2019, 07:15:02 am »
The chinks? We’re literally seeing a work of art unfolding in front of our eyes with this team. We win virtually every single game. Chinks?

Imperfection and not winning every game is absolutely acceptable given the incredible run this team is on. There’s not been an era like this in terms of relentless consistency. Chinks?!

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #485 on: November 28, 2019, 07:20:24 am »
Performance wasn't good last night, but we were facing a team set up by a 3 time European Cup winner, a fucking good coach who knows how to nullify us.

Off to Salzburg to get the result we need, keeps December interesting.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #486 on: November 28, 2019, 07:36:10 am »
The chinks? We’re literally seeing a work of art unfolding in front of our eyes with this team. We win virtually every single game. Chinks?

Imperfection and not winning every game is absolutely acceptable given the incredible run this team is on. There’s not been an era like this in terms of relentless consistency. Chinks?!

It's ridiculous.

Top of the group and leading league by 8. Yet this castle made of sand somehow all about to come tumbling down around us.
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #487 on: November 28, 2019, 07:37:57 am »

Good post.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Tiz Lad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #488 on: November 28, 2019, 07:39:08 am »
I think most are disappointed we didn't take the chance to make the RBS a much welcomed dead rubber, which is placed in the middle of a hectic period for us. Now we go into a hectic December with zero respite.

I am sure most of us fancy us to go over there and get the win to see us through top, never mind the draw, but its disappointing we couldn't get the job done at home.

The only gripe I would have is, there was no reason to play Gomez at RB v these. Trent could have been rested at the weekend. He has played Trent against much tricker opposition and he has done fine. We missed his creativity dearly tonight. Gomez clearly not a RB.

On to Brighton.

Totally agree - You cannot send out a team with a totally non creative midfield and a non creative full back, against a team that's set up to defend and wonder why we struggle

If he felt Trent needed a rest then Ox starts in midfield, but not Gomez and that midfield

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #489 on: November 28, 2019, 07:53:54 am »
Think there’s a lot of over reaction on here.

Yes, we were poor and it makes our December tougher but lots of doom and gloom.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline pezzzer

• Kopite
  • Club first country second
« Reply #490 on: November 28, 2019, 08:14:06 am »
Why all the doom mongers? Show me ANY great team in any league over the past half century that didn't get the occasional draw!
Ancelloti set them up superbly to defend,.he's not a 3 times CL winner for nothing.
8 points clear in the PL and top of our CL group at Christmas. This is the best Liverpool team I've ever seen in my 35 years of watching us. We are simply incredible.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2019, 08:16:47 am by pezzzer »
metallic on psn, cod4 buddies welcome

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #491 on: November 28, 2019, 08:17:23 am »
Thank god we’ve got something to moan about

Must have been killing people ;)
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Dave D

• Dozy, Beaky, Mick and Tich
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #492 on: November 28, 2019, 08:20:46 am »
I think if we drag up threads from around this time last year when we had a very minor blip, you’ll probably see the same names acting like miserable c*nts. You’d have to feel sorry for them. Imagine trying to find something to complain about for this team.

With Lovren scoring last night, pretty much everyone has scored from the first team. We’re scoring from everywhere, we’re better than last season. Any team that has Ancelotti in charge will give us a game, that’s his mission in life now. You just have to dust yourself off and get on with the next game.

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #493 on: November 28, 2019, 08:27:44 am »

Is that not her?
Not convinced that the letters on her jacket are ‘EC’.

Also didn’t see her attending to Fabinho when he was down.

Offline DG

• Killjoy who loves himself.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Lovern
« Reply #494 on: November 28, 2019, 08:30:02 am »
This page is literally one person saying we've been a bit lucky a few times this season and the rest complaing about complainers. Get a grip of yourselves.

Offline Bergersrightwingviews

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #495 on: November 28, 2019, 08:31:06 am »
Napoli are a pain in our arses and (or because) Ancelotti is a living legend. Really hacked off about the result for the reasons others have stated.

Churlish perhaps, but just once I wish we could make things a bit easier on ourselves. We also seem to do things in the hardest possible way.

Performance last night was a bit concerning too. Injuries are not an excuse either, we have to be able to deal with them. It is part of the game. If TAA breaks his leg for example - what is the plan? I don't think it can be to play Gomez there. He just is not even remotely the same type of player. I think the next best option we have would be Henderson personally.
Roger Scruton was right about everything.

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
« Reply #496 on: November 28, 2019, 08:40:06 am »
Disappointing, from Klopp and the lads last night..

No issues with Gomez starting but if he does then have to put Keita/Ox in that midfield....even when Fabinho came off he didn't immediately make this change and I couldn't understand why as the pattern of the game was already pretty much set.

Napoli were not upto much, kept disciplined defending their middle areas well and tried not to lose their shape. When they had a chance to attack they did ok....scoring once from what I thought should have been a save from Alisson to be honest..

Maybe the attack could have done better at times in the areas we got to....but a great header from Lovren meant we atleast didn't lose the game. Was a tight game and well fought all over the pitch.
Napoli did the usual shithousery and the ref was a fucking idiot but there you go....can happen.

Not the best night but these things happen. I guess its best to drop points in this game as opposed to in the league.
Time to regroup and get ready for Brighton. Onwards
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #497 on: November 28, 2019, 08:43:06 am »
Yep. Strange how last season is being heightened and distorted especially given how we’re a more complete team than last year. The mind plays tricks, I guess.

Same happened last season around this time.....because apparently the season before (17/18) we were thrashing teams all over the shop and only managing to get narrow wins by not scoring much this time (18/19)

Fast forward a year same stuff, different brand. Nerves, tension, excitement, expectation, frustration all rolled into one. Football ay?
For They Have Seen GOD.

Offline ChaChaMooMoo

• From doubters to believers - Klopp 2015
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.
« Reply #498 on: November 28, 2019, 08:58:48 am »
Is that not her?

It looks like her initials are SL.

Offline mkingdon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #499 on: November 28, 2019, 09:04:03 am »
I thought the result should have been different. The ref had a shocker in my view. How their goal stood is beyond me. He elbows VVD in the ribs, taking him out of the game and then runs into the space where VVD would have been to score.

Then Salah gets wrestled off the ball in their area and nothing. It was all a bit weird. Napoli, of course, played him like a violin all night but that's what you have to expect from them.

Performance wise we were OK, but we probably lined up a little too "steadily" and lacked some penetration.

You can't win them all as they say.

Offline Andypandimonium

• Kopite
« Reply #500 on: November 28, 2019, 09:07:57 am »
I think we all agree that it would have been nice to have won last night so that we could have put a line through one of the many games facing us in December. We didn't grasp that opportunity like so many of theCL contenders have, so that's a bit shit and the game in Salzburg is now a proper knockout game. I think we go through but could have done without the drama and the effort we'll have to make.

Ancelotti is an old fox and seems to have us in a bit of a headlock. He seems to take all games against us very seriously indeed...what did we ever do to him? ;D

Offline ScottishKopite

• Kopite
« Reply #501 on: November 28, 2019, 09:18:35 am »
Would of been nice to win the game. Napoli are a horrible team to play against!.

Cant be arsed with the moaning or negativity because we played poor and got a 1.1 draw.

We are 8 points clear in the premier league, Top of our champions league group AND the current champions of Europe.

Couldn't ask for much more.

Massive game at the weekend I think we will see Trent being brought back in Gini back into the starting 11 and possibly OX starting.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #502 on: November 28, 2019, 09:22:34 am »
Just seen a video on FB, Napoli scum at it again by the Arkles, looked like the c*nts were using belts.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #503 on: November 28, 2019, 09:24:25 am »
I'm furious with last night's performance.

Why can't we win every game? We are meant to be a top team yet we go out last night and play like that. Stop the full backs and you stop Liverpool. No creativity at all in the rest of the team. I know Keita was injured and AOC is coming back from a long term injury and his time is being managed but 1 of them should have played last night. If they weren't available I'd have played TAA at right back. I know he's played a lot lately and the sports science might have been saying he needed a rest but I think our season hinges on getting a rest in that RBL game in December. Klopp has messed up with his team selection last night and it was so predictable before we'd even kicked off. I even read loads of people on the internet saying the same thing too before the game started.

The icing on the cake was Fabinho getting injured. If he's out for a long time then I think it make CL progression difficult and City would become PL favourites.

I'd bench Salah as well if I could. But he's almost guaranteed to start every game not matter how poor he is in any given game. I know he's scored 9 and assisted 5 goals so far this season, and he's playing through injury, but I just wish we could have the Mo Salah back from 2018/19 when he scored every week no matter what. Again though I think we are paying for a poor decision by Klopp. Should have bought a 4th belter in the summer for the front 3. Everyone could see this being an issue and last night the chicken's came home to roost.

Hoping we can somehow scrape a team together and get a win against Brighton on Saturday. That 8 point lead at the top of the league looks perilously small now. Napoli have given everyone the blueprint on how to stop us. Other teams just need to copy that now.
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline an tha

• RAWK's Serious Voice Of Reason And Logic. We'd all be lost without him, lost, I tell you! Mathematically-speaking, not banned yet......
  • Kopite
  • Talking about The Reds an tha....
« Reply #504 on: November 28, 2019, 09:24:50 am »
Of course it is frustrating because we now have to play a tough game needing a result at a time when we have loads of games.....chance to give players a much needed rest is gone...but let's just remember we are top of the league and top of this European Cup group with our destiny in our own hands.

When our 'bad' results are draws (and they are few and far between) and after them we can look at tables and be where we are then things are pretty good.

I do agree with the full back shouts though - it is odd to me to have no proper full back cover.....we have a system where they are so important to our attacking width and how we set up, so we really should have some cover that is capable of offering what is demanded of the position in our system.

Offline ScottishKopite

• Kopite
« Reply #505 on: November 28, 2019, 09:26:43 am »

Why can't we win every game? We are meant to be a top team yet we go out last night and play like that. Stop the full backs and you stop Liverpool. No creativity at all in the rest of the team. I know Keita was injured and AOC is coming back from a long term injury and his time is being managed but 1 of them should have played last night. If they weren't available I'd have played TAA at right back. I know he's played a lot lately and the sports science might have been saying he needed a rest but I think our season hinges on getting a rest in that RBL game in December. Klopp has messed up with his team selection last night and it was so predictable before we'd even kicked off. I even read loads of people on the internet saying the same thing too before the game started.

The icing on the cake was Fabinho getting injured. If he's out for a long time then I think it make CL progression difficult and City would become PL favourites.

I'd bench Salah as well if I could. But he's almost guaranteed to start every game not matter how poor he is in any given game. I know he's scored 9 and assisted 5 goals so far this season, and he's playing through injury, but I just wish we could have the Mo Salah back from 2018/19 when he scored every week no matter what. Again though I think we are paying for a poor decision by Klopp. Should have bought a 4th belter in the summer for the front 3. Everyone could see this being an issue and last night the chicken's came home to roost.

Hoping we can somehow scrape a team together and get a win against Brighton on Saturday. That 8 point lead at the top of the league looks perilously small now. Napoli have given everyone the blueprint on how to stop us. Other teams just need to copy that now.

Are you serious get a grip!

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #506 on: November 28, 2019, 09:31:56 am »

I nearly bought (parts of)  that, until I read that line  :)

Offline Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #507 on: November 28, 2019, 09:36:14 am »
Why all the doom mongers? Show me ANY great team in any league over the past half century that didn't get the occasional draw!
Ancelloti set them up superbly to defend,.he's not a 3 times CL winner for nothing.
8 points clear in the PL and top of our CL group at Christmas. This is the best Liverpool team I've ever seen in my 35 years of watching us. We are simply incredible.

People are rightly concerned because Salzburg is now going to be a twat of a place to go right in the middle of a hectic schedule and if we had put in anything better than our worst performance of the season last night the likelihood is that we’d have avoided it.

Do I think we’ll lose to Salzburg and go out? No, probably not, but that ground is likely to be like a fucking bear pit now and they score goals for fun, you’d imagine if it turned into a shoot out style scenario that we’d be better at it than they would but it’s not really a situation that you want on the last group game.

We didn’t play well yesterday, I don’t really follow the line of thought that links that to our various one goal wins recently as if something has eventually given because in the vast majority of those matches (Palace aside) we should have won by far more given the chances we’d created, if anything was to give in those games the likelihood is that it would be us scoring more goals rather than the result not being a win.

But it’s totally okay to be a little frustrated with the result, performance, a touch anxious that we have to go to what’s likely to be a difficult place and get a result and a touch concerned that if we don’t get that result it’s likely to have a negative effect amongst the players and fan base as getting knocked out of the group stage tends to do.

The trouble is that people often want things to be black and white. We’re either great or shit, you’re either supportive or a ‘bed wetter’ when the reality is always likely to be somewhere between the two. If you make the legitimate point that you’d rather not have to go to Salzburg and get a result then someone will inevitably quote it and ask why you don’t have faith in the team to get that result, when in all likelihood you do have that faith, but you’re just aware that football is a funny game and a scenario which could have been avoided by playing a bit better is now a possibility.

Offline ScottScott

• Thugby...It's just not rugger old chap!!!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #508 on: November 28, 2019, 09:40:18 am »

You nearly had me until that part, very well done sir  :lmao

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #509 on: November 28, 2019, 09:46:20 am »
Is it impossible to be disappointed with a single game and still be pleased with how everything is going overall on here?

Stupid question  ;D

For They Have Seen GOD.

Offline Bolrick

• :1,$s?olr?aldr?g
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #510 on: November 28, 2019, 09:49:00 am »
If we are to rest TAA, maybe klopp should give OX the RB role ? Our fullbacks actually perform like WB and OX was decent as a RWB in his arsenal days...
Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist

Offline mrantarctica

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #511 on: November 28, 2019, 09:49:25 am »
I've said it before, and I'll say it again, these international breaks do us no favours. Our players always come back tired or injured, and we then look leggy and jaded and flat in the first game after it. I do think that our squad perhaps isn't that deep. Sadly, the players that are there to provide a bit of depth clearly aren't at the top of their game fitness wise or technically. That's why Klopp seems to pick the same players and doesn't rotate all too much.

Napoli are a very good team and they have a top manager. They were very well organised and compact. They made it very difficult for us. Add to that that we were sloppy at times, perhaps not on it right from the first minute and we were a touch unlucky with them scoring from a clear foul on VVD.

Oh well. We'll have to pick ourselves up and go again. We will need to work hard and then be right on it against Brighton and get back into winning ways. We're going to have to do it without Fab which will make it all that much harder too.

Offline Brain Potter

• Embarrassing. Likes to listen through the walls....Auralist Extrodinaire!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #512 on: November 28, 2019, 09:55:32 am »
Not sure what was wrong with Ox towards the end of the game. He made a run then couldn’t seem to move like he was goosed. He then slapped himself and shouted out, pulled a shin pad off threw it at the bench, then at the end he stayed on the deck and got some treatment. He seems to get frustrated with himself but I like him and thought he made a difference when he came on.

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #513 on: November 28, 2019, 09:55:53 am »
First half was, in part, killed by the delay and sub around Fabinho and then the delay and anxiety around VvD's injury. The atmosphere deadened after both events which hurt any sense of developing momentum.

Offline GinKop

• He's going to run to you (ooh-oooh). Knows a techtard when he sees one
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FORZA MILANO
« Reply #514 on: November 28, 2019, 09:56:48 am »
Is it impossible to be disappointed with a single game and still be pleased with how everything is going overall on here?

Stupid question  ;D

Report To Moderator.

Reason: Get this rational thinking away from the forum.
JFT97

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #515 on: November 28, 2019, 10:06:37 am »
Naturally a bit disappointed with the result but it was just one of those tricky nights against a very well drilled Ancelotti team

Lets not forget this fella is one of the best managers out there but it shows how far we have come when we expect to blow away a top Italian club led by a world class manager.

Ancelotti even gave a cheeky smile in his post-match interview and alluded to going back to old school Italian defending.

I'm just grateful to big Dejan who made sure we only need a draw instead of a win in Austria.  Which is massive.

Offline Roger Federer

• Christ imagine naming yourself after Roger Federer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #516 on: November 28, 2019, 10:08:50 am »
Naturally a bit disappointed with the result but it was just one of those tricky nights against a very well drilled Ancelotti team

Lets not forget this fella is one of the best managers out there but it shows how far we have come when we expect to blow away a top Italian club led by a world class manager.

Ancelotti even gave a cheeky smile in his post-match interview and alluded to going back to old school Italian defending.

I'm just grateful to big Dejan who made sure we only need a draw instead of a win in Austria.  Which is massive.
His goal didn't matter that much, we only needed a draw regardless.

Offline markedasred

• Knowing me, Knowing you... ahaaa!!! Resident Large Canine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • No Murdoch in our house
« Reply #517 on: November 28, 2019, 10:09:08 am »
My biggest concern wasn't any perceived collapse of form, it was that our most ardent game watcher, Cardiola, would have seen that and thought, Koulibaly, first day of the winter window. If the only way to keep him out of City is to buy him, we should do that.
"For those of you watching in black and white, Liverpool are the team with the ball"

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #518 on: November 28, 2019, 10:10:10 am »

If we'd got beaten last night we'd have still only needed a draw in Salzburg to get through
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Online kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #519 on: November 28, 2019, 10:13:18 am »
Just seen a video on FB, Napoli scum at it again by the Arkles, looked like the c*nts were using belts.

And on Walton Breck Road again like last season
They are absolute scum bags and think nothing of having a go at anyone - at auld folk too.

Re. The game they have some good players and a great coach.
Won’t surprise me if they go deep in the knock-out phase.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2019, 10:15:17 am by kavah »