Author Topic: CL: Liverpool 1 v Napoli 1 20’ Mertens 64’ Degsy  (Read 32774 times)

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
Re: CL: Liverpool 1 v Napoli 1 20’ Mertens 64’ Degsy
« Reply #560 on: November 28, 2019, 09:13:27 pm »

Klopps has got away with not buying another forward so far, if we can hang in there till January get someone in, then maybe just maybe another forward will make all the difference.

Exactly this.

i may have been on a drink fuelled Xmas party but I reckon a cheeky 80M bid for Son or Griezzman is how we win this league.

Both players would love to join. It’s an 80M no brainer (plus wages) when you think about it
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline scutty

• Kopite
  • Know nothing.
« Reply #561 on: November 28, 2019, 10:46:14 pm »
Exactly this.

i may have been on a drink fuelled Xmas party but I reckon a cheeky 80M bid for Son or Griezzman is how we win this league.

Both players would love to join. It’s an 80M no brainer (plus wages) when you think about it

Both good players, but what we need is someone on a similar level to Manι or Salah, maybe Dembele or mbappe I know it won't be cheap but what's more important winning or saving a few quid.

It's really simple I just don't understand why it hasn't happened already.  :butt
Why was my post deleted?

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #562 on: November 28, 2019, 10:59:34 pm »
Exactly this.

We should never have loaned Clyne. How we could do with a proper FB instead of Milner or Gomez. We need to sign one first, and then a forward and then a midfielder now that Fabinho is out.

Do all that and we win the league.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #563 on: November 28, 2019, 11:08:09 pm »
We should never have loaned Clyne. How we could do with a proper FB instead of Milner or Gomez. We need to sign one first, and then a forward and then a midfielder now that Fabinho is out.

Again I can’t tell if serious.

Clyne loaned?

Offline Jookie

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #564 on: November 28, 2019, 11:21:10 pm »
Again I can’t tell if serious.

Clyne loaned?

Loaning Clyne and having to play Henderson right back vLeicester broke our rhythm. Led to last seasons league failure & last nights poor performance.

Clyne was immaculate at right back in 2016/17

Offline scutty

• Kopite
  • Know nothing.
« Reply #565 on: November 29, 2019, 01:27:23 am »

Big mistake from Klopp.

He's a good manager and I like him I really do, but he's not the manager that some on hear would have you believe.
Why was my post deleted?

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #566 on: November 29, 2019, 02:14:29 am »
Big mistake from Klopp.

He's a good manager and I like him I really do, but he's not the manager that some on hear would have you believe.

This is a great bait. Right?

Offline asif_00013

• Anny Roader
« Reply #567 on: November 29, 2019, 06:22:20 am »
Big mistake from Klopp.

wow!

Offline jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #568 on: November 29, 2019, 07:06:34 am »
Am I the only one with the feeling that mentally it's all about PL this year?

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #569 on: November 29, 2019, 07:49:53 am »

The CL is just as important.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #570 on: November 29, 2019, 07:58:48 am »
It's got the point where I can't tell who is being serious or who is on a wind-up on here.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jόrgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #571 on: November 29, 2019, 08:30:14 am »
It's got the point where I can't tell who is being serious or who is on a wind-up on here.

It's been that way for a while.  :D
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Dave D

• Dozy, Beaky, Mick and Tich
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #572 on: November 29, 2019, 08:36:39 am »
Big mistake from Klopp.

Here, here!

Offline ThePoolMan

• Not quite the Pool Man, more like the ESL Man
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #573 on: November 29, 2019, 10:11:19 am »
Exactly this.

There is no way Levy will sell Son to a rival and definitely not for extortionate money.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupι Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #574 on: November 29, 2019, 10:17:07 am »
It's been that way for a while.  :D

We need a tongue in cheek emoji.

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
« Reply #575 on: November 29, 2019, 11:45:09 am »
:lmao :lmao

The clues are there if just read carefully

:lmao

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
« Reply #576 on: November 29, 2019, 11:48:23 am »
The CL is just as important.
Intellectually yes, emotionally.....dunno, I  felt disconnected  v Napoli

Weird space to be in to be honest

Offline gorgepir

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #577 on: November 29, 2019, 11:49:07 am »
Had enough chances to finish off the match, surprised that we didn't show more in the final 15 though.

Neither of the goals should have stood in my opinion.

Offline scutty

• Kopite
  • Know nothing.
« Reply #578 on: November 29, 2019, 12:07:26 pm »

I know exactly what you mean, I'm trying to make a serious point here, but when people respond saying they can't tell if I'm joking or not I don't know if they're being serious, on a wind-up or just being down right rude.

I'm now starting to doubt whether the posters agreeing with me, actually do  :rollseyes
« Last Edit: November 29, 2019, 12:09:22 pm by scutty »
Why was my post deleted?

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #579 on: November 29, 2019, 12:20:22 pm »
 :lmao

I should team up with Jookie more.

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #580 on: November 29, 2019, 12:27:58 pm »
There is no way Levy will sell Son to a rival and definitely not for extortionate money.

Why go for Son, when we can get Felix or Mbappe or Sancho?

Online Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #581 on: November 29, 2019, 12:30:12 pm »
Big mistake from Klopp.

Ah. You got me.

Offline kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #582 on: November 29, 2019, 12:44:46 pm »
No, it's always about both for me. We showed we can compete for both and should be trying to win both.

The CL is wide open this year, with no other really stand-out sides. All the big names are going through a bit of a dip or transition. We're arguably the favourites and also reigning champions.

Think about that. How often do we get to say that? Not since 1979, forty years ago.
This is a great opportunity to win 2 European Cups in a row. Maybe even three. It's not long ago that we we're dreaming of just qualifying for it.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #583 on: November 29, 2019, 12:50:53 pm »
Imo the league only holds more importance at the moment because it's been 30 years,  but I still want us badly to go through and go as far as possible, a potential chance to defend a European Cup is incredibly difficult to do and would cement this side further in football history, imo the CL is the highest pinnacle of club football.

Both the result and atmosphere was disappointing.

Offline Jookie

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #584 on: November 29, 2019, 01:12:22 pm »
Why go for Son, when we can get Felix or Mbappe or Sancho?

I’d love any of those 4.

All would provide a good option off the bench. Start our current 3 in the big games and let the 4th forward rotate in for the likes of Brighton at home. Game time shouldn’t be an issue because they could play the domestic cup games with Shaqiri and Origi.

Everyone’s a winner then

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #585 on: November 29, 2019, 01:35:49 pm »
Thought we played well enough in this game considering the opposition but it did highlight a few issues. I understand the arguments about having Henderson, Fabinho and Wijnaldum (or in this case Milner) when we have the likes of Trent but I don't see why we have to go with that with Gomez in the side.

We have 4 attacking midfield options in Keita, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Lallana and Shaqiri and for various reasons none of them are getting regular performances or minutes. If we don't see a return in terms of minutes or performances then we need to look for another attacking option in January, be it someone at full back that can replicate what Trent does or another forward which allows us to go 4-2-3-1 and replace the reliance of creativity from Trent and shift it onto the attack.

Offline Jookie

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #586 on: November 29, 2019, 01:53:51 pm »

We have 4 attacking midfield options in Keita, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Lallana and Shaqiri and for various reasons none of them are getting regular performances or minutes. If we don't see a return in terms of minutes or performances then we need to look for another attacking option in January, be it someone at full back that can replicate what Trent does or another forward which allows us to go 4-2-3-1 and replace the reliance of creativity from Trent and shift it onto the attack.

I don't think it's fair to say we need to buy in January (it's not going to happen either). There are mitigating circumstances around the 4 players you listed as attacking midfielders:

Lallana plays No.6 now.

Keita has had fitness issues again this season

Shaqiri hasn't been available for 99% of the season. He's not normally injury prone.

AOC is being managed after about 12 months out with a serious injury.

For me we've got the attacking/progressive  midfield options in our squad already they just need to return to full fitness (AOC) or stay fit (Shaqiri, Keita). We can also utilise Keita in the 2 of a 4-2-3-1 or AOC or Shaqiri wide in the 3.

I don't think dipping into the transfer market is the right train of thought. I also think that Milner is the best attacking option to replace TAA in the squad. Don't think he played there on Wednesday due to Keita being injured. If Keita, AOC and Shaqiri stay fit in the 2nd half of the season I reckon we'll see Milner play RB (and LB) a fair bit. In our system he's a marked improvement over Gomez. Also, maybe Clyne will be fit for the last few months of the season and we can move TAA into midfield  ;)

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #587 on: November 29, 2019, 01:54:33 pm »
I’d love any of those 4.

All would provide a good option off the bench. Start our current 3 in the big games and let the 4th forward rotate in for the likes of Brighton at home. Game time shouldn’t be an issue because they could play the domestic cup games with Shaqiri and Origi.

Everyone’s a winner then

Looks like we have a plan for forward positions. Now we need to replace Fabinho, errr.. I mean get a backup for him. He's probably out for the season. What about Fred? Do you think we can convince Ole? Do you think he has time to look at the deal while he's steering the wheel vehemently?

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #588 on: November 29, 2019, 01:56:25 pm »
I don't think it's fair to say we need to buy in January (it's not going to happen either). There mitigating circumstances around the 4 players you listed as attacking midfielders:

Lallana plays No.6 now.

Keita has had fitness issues again this season

Shaqiri hasn't been available for 99% of the season. He's not normally injury prone.

AOC is being managed after about 12 months out with a serious injury.

For me we've got the attacking/progressive  midfield options in our squad already they just need to return to full fitness (AOC) or stay fit (Shaqiri, Keita). We can also utilise Keita in the 2 of a 4-2-3-1 or AOC or Shaqiri wide in the 3.

I don't think dipping into the transfer market is the right train of thought. I also think that Milner is the best attacking option to repack TAA in the squad. Don;t think he played there on Wednesday due to Keita being injured. If Keita, AOC and Shaqiri stay fit in the 2nd half of the season I reckon we'll see Milner play RB (and LB) a fair bit. In our system he's a marked improvement over Gomez. Also, maybe Clyne will be fit for the last few months of the season and we can move TAA into midfield  ;)

Yes, as I said in my post is that we have enough options but none of them are tangibly yet consistently contributing. December has a lot of fixtures and Fabinho's injuries mean some of these might play.

But if they don't and these players don't perform then we have to look at either another option or change the system. We can't be asking Gomez to be Alexander-Arnold.

Offline Jookie

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #589 on: November 29, 2019, 01:58:44 pm »
Looks like we have a plan for forward positions. Now we need to replace Fabinho, errr.. I mean get a backup for him. He's probably out for the season. What about Fred? Do you think we can convince Ole? Do you think he has time to look at the deal while he's steering the wheel vehemently?

See my post in the Fabinho thread. I've already boxed it.

Main gist of it is that Fabinho injury is a positive for Keita, AOC, Shaqiri and maybe Curtis Jones. Progressive No.8's are what we are missing or so BabuY told me. Love his opinions. Now's the opportunity to do tstart playing proper No.8's and start scoring a tonne of goals. Show Klopp what he's been missing. Be surprised if we drop a point between now and Fabinho coming back. 4-3 wins every week.

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #590 on: November 29, 2019, 04:06:10 pm »
See my post in the Fabinho thread. I've already boxed it.

Main gist of it is that Fabinho injury is a positive for Keita, AOC, Shaqiri and maybe Curtis Jones. Progressive No.8's are what we are missing or so BabuY told me. Love his opinions. Now's the opportunity to do tstart playing proper No.8's and start scoring a tonne of goals. Show Klopp what he's been missing. Be surprised if we drop a point between now and Fabinho coming back. 4-3 wins every week.

No Fred then? Oops.

I hope Klopp learns from Pep. Guess we can convince Pep to give us one of his progressive 8s. We'll be countered for fun without midfield covering and jockeying, but who cares? We're going to score loads.  Yay.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2019, 04:07:56 pm by PoetryInMotion »

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #591 on: November 29, 2019, 05:47:11 pm »
No Fred then? Oops.

I hope Klopp learns from Pep. Guess we can convince Pep to give us one of his progressive 8s. We'll be countered for fun without midfield covering and jockeying, but who cares? We're going to score loads.  Yay.

Being objective, I'm personally disappointed we didn't sign DJ in the summer, he's absolutely brilliant.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Jookie

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #592 on: November 29, 2019, 06:41:48 pm »
Being objective, I'm personally disappointed we didn't sign DJ in the summer, he's absolutely brilliant.

Does DJ = Daniel James?

If we'd bought him I think it's fair to say that he may have only made the bench once or twice all season (barring League Cup). Arguably we wouldn't have see Harvey Elliot in games either. Under 23's would be stronger though.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #593 on: November 29, 2019, 06:53:09 pm »
Does DJ = Daniel James?

If we'd bought him I think it's fair to say that he may have only made the bench once or twice all season (barring League Cup). Arguably we wouldn't have see Harvey Elliot in games either. Under 23's would be stronger though.

Hazell the old bean is fishing  ;)

Offline Jookie

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #594 on: November 29, 2019, 07:16:41 pm »
Hazell the old bean is fishing  ;)

Done me like a kipper.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #595 on: November 29, 2019, 07:34:00 pm »

<--- Hazell.    ;D

<--- Jookie.   :D
« Last Edit: November 29, 2019, 07:36:54 pm by Sons of pioneerS »
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jόrgen.

Offline SteveZissou

• "Anyone who knows the game..." exactly what game is a mystery. Underwater Bell. The Life A-Twat-Ic. Thinks "irony" means "like metal". Shite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • you might be on B Squad, but ur the B squad leader
« Reply #596 on: November 29, 2019, 07:44:21 pm »
This was a tough match.
Following Liverpool since the mid 80s.

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #597 on: November 29, 2019, 08:55:28 pm »
  <--- Hazell.    ;D

<--- Jookie.   :D

Or is Jookie fishing by claiming he was caught?  :-\

He was inline with my fishing traps, I don't see why he'd suddenly jump into the water.

Offline bertiemee

• Anny Roader
  • The Anny Road Aggro
« Reply #598 on: November 29, 2019, 09:25:57 pm »

Imagine how many points we'd have this season if we didn't loan Clyne out??

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #599 on: November 29, 2019, 09:33:10 pm »
Imagine how many points we'd have this season if we didn't loan Clyne out??

39?