Author Topic: CL: Liverpool 1 v Napoli 1 20’ Mertens 64’ Degsy  (Read 32773 times)

Offline Roger Federer

• Christ imagine naming yourself after Roger Federer
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: CL: Liverpool 1 v Napoli 1 20’ Mertens 64’ Degsy
« Reply #520 on: November 28, 2019, 10:13:34 am »
My biggest concern wasn't any perceived collapse of form, it was that our most ardent game watcher, Cardiola, would have seen that and thought, Koulibaly, first day of the winter window. If the only way to keep him out of City is to buy him, we should do that.
He didn't stand out in particular last night. They were ultradefensive, and defended well collectively, but what made him better than Manolas for example? He should've conceded a penalty as well.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #521 on: November 28, 2019, 10:14:32 am »
I hate Napoli but do admire Ancelotti.

We need to go back to the mean defence we had last season though, conceding more than we should lately.

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #522 on: November 28, 2019, 10:22:53 am »
His goal didn't matter that much, we only needed a draw regardless.

If we'd got beaten last night we'd have still only needed a draw in Salzburg to get through

Yeah sorry your right lads. Didn't realise that.

Ok, thanks to Lovren we didn't get a big fat 'L' against our Anfield record :)

Offline ScottScott

• Thugby...It's just not rugger old chap!!!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #523 on: November 28, 2019, 10:23:55 am »
What did my head in was in the Real-PSG game the ref and VAR reversed a decision to send off Courtois and give a penalty to PSG for a 'foul' that happened back on the half way line. That 'foul' was Gueye apparently pushing a Real player in the back and making him go flying. It was never a foul but the ref and VAR decided it was enough but anyway. What is the difference between that and what Mertens did to VVD where he didn't have any intention of playing for the ball, he just leaned in on VVD so his header wouldn't be won cleanly? Either VAR is a joke or the refs are, or both are actually and if that's the case then we're all fucked

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #524 on: November 28, 2019, 10:24:36 am »
I'm furious with last night's performance.

Why can't we win every game? We are meant to be a top team yet we go out last night and play like that. Stop the full backs and you stop Liverpool. No creativity at all in the rest of the team. I know Keita was injured and AOC is coming back from a long term injury and his time is being managed but 1 of them should have played last night. If they weren't available I'd have played TAA at right back. I know he's played a lot lately and the sports science might have been saying he needed a rest but I think our season hinges on getting a rest in that RBL game in December. Klopp has messed up with his team selection last night and it was so predictable before we'd even kicked off. I even read loads of people on the internet saying the same thing too before the game started.

The icing on the cake was Fabinho getting injured. If he's out for a long time then I think it make CL progression difficult and City would become PL favourites.

I'd bench Salah as well if I could. But he's almost guaranteed to start every game not matter how poor he is in any given game. I know he's scored 9 and assisted 5 goals so far this season, and he's playing through injury, but I just wish we could have the Mo Salah back from 2018/19 when he scored every week no matter what. Again though I think we are paying for a poor decision by Klopp. Should have bought a 4th belter in the summer for the front 3. Everyone could see this being an issue and last night the chicken's came home to roost.

Hoping we can somehow scrape a team together and get a win against Brighton on Saturday. That 8 point lead at the top of the league looks perilously small now. Napoli have given everyone the blueprint on how to stop us. Other teams just need to copy that now.

;D

Offline GinKop

• He's going to run to you (ooh-oooh). Knows a techtard when he sees one
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FORZA MILANO
« Reply #525 on: November 28, 2019, 10:40:25 am »
What did my head in was in the Real-PSG game the ref and VAR reversed a decision to send off Courtois and give a penalty to PSG for a 'foul' that happened back on the half way line. That 'foul' was Gueye apparently pushing a Real player in the back and making him go flying. It was never a foul but the ref and VAR decided it was enough but anyway. What is the difference between that and what Mertens did to VVD where he didn't have any intention of playing for the ball, he just leaned in on VVD so his header wouldn't be won cleanly? Either VAR is a joke or the refs are, or both are actually and if that's the case then we're all fucked

From what we've seen so far, it will do nothing to rid the game of the inconsistencies it set out to correct. I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't have the camera angles we had or something ridiculous like that, because what we saw from the broadcasters it was a definite foul.

Napoli first, they were terrific in a stifling shithouse sort of way. Defended really well and completely disrupted our attacking fluency. That added to us having an off-day made for a game which feels completely alien to us now, such is the level of class we have become spoiled and accustomed to.

Lots of toil, very little quality from us - you get those days in front of goal, no issue with that. What is a bit more concerning for me at the moment is the inability to keep a clean sheet. We really need to get that sorted because there will come a stage of the season where the 1-0 scoreline will become critical for us in winning 3 points. Arguably we could be there now with this run of fixtures and current form of some players.

I really, really hope Fab isn't out for too long. Without him, we are going to have to make some massive compromises in how we play. I don't think anyone can cover the FB's as well has he does, and that is going to either limit our attacking threat (not on Klopp's watch) or make us more vulnerable in wide areas the back (the more likely imo).

Another arse-shredding game awaits in the CL!
JFT97

Offline ScottishKopite

• Kopite
« Reply #526 on: November 28, 2019, 10:45:01 am »
And on Walton Breck Road again like last season
They are absolute scum bags and think nothing of having a go at anyone - at auld folk too.

Re. The game they have some good players and a great coach.
Won’t surprise me if they go deep in the knock-out phase.

I hate Italian fans. I remember the Europa league game few seasons back they were at it that night too was locked in the 12th man.

they were all over the ground that night Up main stand in Centenary horrible bastards.

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #527 on: November 28, 2019, 10:48:25 am »

Why can't we win every game? We are meant to be a top team yet we go out last night and play like that. Stop the full backs and you stop Liverpool. No creativity at all in the rest of the team. I know Keita was injured and AOC is coming back from a long term injury and his time is being managed but 1 of them should have played last night. If they weren't available I'd have played TAA at right back. I know he's played a lot lately and the sports science might have been saying he needed a rest but I think our season hinges on getting a rest in that RBL game in December. Klopp has messed up with his team selection last night and it was so predictable before we'd even kicked off. I even read loads of people on the internet saying the same thing too before the game started.

The icing on the cake was Fabinho getting injured. If he's out for a long time then I think it make CL progression difficult and City would become PL favourites.

I'd bench Salah as well if I could. But he's almost guaranteed to start every game not matter how poor he is in any given game. I know he's scored 9 and assisted 5 goals so far this season, and he's playing through injury, but I just wish we could have the Mo Salah back from 2018/19 when he scored every week no matter what. Again though I think we are paying for a poor decision by Klopp. Should have bought a 4th belter in the summer for the front 3. Everyone could see this being an issue and last night the chicken's came home to roost.

Hoping we can somehow scrape a team together and get a win against Brighton on Saturday. That 8 point lead at the top of the league looks perilously small now. Napoli have given everyone the blueprint on how to stop us. Other teams just need to copy that now.

:wellin
"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

Offline OneTouchFooty

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #528 on: November 28, 2019, 10:50:51 am »
He didn't stand out in particular last night. They were ultradefensive, and defended well collectively, but what made him better than Manolas for example? He should've conceded a penalty as well.

It was meat and drink for him most of the night, big, looping high balls into 5"9ish lads, fucking Johnny Evans and Dan Burn could have played as their CBs last night and looked fantastic. When he was put under pressure for the first time he miscued his header, let Salah through and he put him on his arse. Plus the peno as you mention.

Offline Schmarn

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #529 on: November 28, 2019, 11:14:32 am »

We actually defended pretty well last night. The goal only came about because of Mertens' snide elbow on Virgil (if VAR doesn't overrule that then let's just dispense with it) and I can't recall many other scares that weren't offside and made unnecessarily stressful by the linesman waiting too long to put his flag up.

I would agree that it would have been better to have one of Ox or Lallana in midfield if Gomez was going to play RB but if we replayed that game 10 times, we probably win 7 of them, so I'll trust that Klopp knows better than me which team to pick.

The incident that really annoyed me was the neck hold on Salah in the box. He stays on his feet and is punished for his honesty because the vast majority of refs don't have the balls to give a penalty unless the player goes to ground and VAR officials clearly don't feel empowered to overrule them (unless it's Real Madrid obviously). That being the case, any forward simply has a duty to go down upon contact in the box and if any pundit (usually the old school English ones) wants to whine about them diving, so be it.

Offline Morgana

• Legacy Fan
  • Sanity is overrated.
« Reply #530 on: November 28, 2019, 11:42:30 am »
VAR is just institutionalised contol of the game via external forces. That's why Real Madrid got the call on Tuesday and Liverpool fails to get a much worse foul acknowledged on Wednesday. Real and Barηa must always be part of the narrative. Messi is God. Etc. Etc. Etc. UEFA cannot allow the game to deviate too far from the established narrative.

The Comeback in the semis against Barcelona surprised them, and they will never let it happen again. Ceferin is a corrupt devil who favours the biggest clubs and media darlings like Messi. Neither UEFA nor FIFA give a damn about racism, homophobia or gender-equality in the sport, no matter how much they give lip service to these causes. Plus ceferin despises English clubs. Just look at some of his recent interviews.

The ref in the Liverpool game last night was clearly briefed: slow down the game; don't allow them to take quick restarts; never give Liverpool the advantage.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #531 on: November 28, 2019, 11:57:57 am »
Last time we failed to win at home in all comps was Bayern back in February I think. Some going that, shows how high standards are that it feels a big deal (I know a lot of that is down to the state of the group too).

While it’s fair to say we have struggled against Napoli over the last couple of years it’s also fair to point out that in both games against them we’ve definitely had the rough end of the big decisions and it could end up being costly. 10 points is normally enough to qualify but it’s a shame for us that Genk have been so poor and meant someone is going to go out with a high points tally (unless we beat Salzburg I suppose!).

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #532 on: November 28, 2019, 12:09:06 pm »
Stop moaning you fucking quims.

We didn't play that great and still came away with an important point.

Win our next two and everyone will be happy.

Cheer the fuck up :)
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #533 on: November 28, 2019, 12:09:13 pm »
snip
Very good.
Couple of points:
When is something going to be done about these shitbag fans? If I've got this right, our fans were basically told to expect attacks in Naples. We then get the usual gangs of face covered gangs hanging round, intimidating smaller groups, brandishing sticks etc. There's enough evidence of which clubs fans continually look for trouble, do we have to wait for another Sean Cox?

To me there's nothing better than European fans wanting to come to a beautiful City, to drink, sing, support their team, have a laugh and mix with locals. But fans from Naples and Rome in particular seem to have problems with this. Perhaps this is something SoS could help with pushing?

Second. I wish people would stop saying that games will be easy in pre-match threads. It's Europe, it's Liverpool, therefore it's never, ever easy. CL and the PL are full of well coached teams with good players. When they play us they're in the shop window - of course they are going to put a bit more in.

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #534 on: November 28, 2019, 12:17:54 pm »
Last time we failed to win at home in all comps was Bayern back in February I think. Some going that, shows how high standards are that it feels a big deal (I know a lot of that is down to the state of the group too).

While it’s fair to say we have struggled against Napoli over the last couple of years it’s also fair to point out that in both games against them we’ve definitely had the rough end of the big decisions and it could end up being costly. 10 points is normally enough to qualify but it’s a shame for us that Genk have been so poor and meant someone is going to go out with a high points tally (unless we beat Salzburg I suppose!).

In CL, From the start of 2017-18, we have a record of 12 wins and 4 draws in 16 games at Anfield. We are unbeaten at Anfield in the CL for 2 and a half years now since we got back in the competition.

The positive for me is that we salvaged that record yesterday under difficult conditions after we lost Fabinho to injury early in the game and lost a goal early to a side that knows how to defend.

The unbeaten records at Anfield in the PL and in the CL is intact and the longer it goes, the longer we're going to feel confident.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2019, 12:20:28 pm by PoetryInMotion »

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarαs Solo.
« Reply #535 on: November 28, 2019, 12:19:13 pm »
This one the Echo used
https://twitter.com/OneInchWalrus/status/1199767321599983616?s=19

Nice one for the comment to the Mail reporter. :thumbup

I just missed that action by a few minutes by the look of it.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #536 on: November 28, 2019, 12:31:32 pm »

Are you serious get a grip!

Sorry. Just get so frustrated when we don’t blow teams, like Napoli, away.

Sure we’ll be OK in the long run.
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #537 on: November 28, 2019, 12:36:13 pm »
Fucking Napoli, i hope we don't have to play them anytime soon. They always up their game against us. They also can stick their clubs and sticks up their ass.

Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #538 on: November 28, 2019, 12:39:51 pm »

Yep. The high standards lead to overreactions when we have the temerity to not win. Just for reference, the post-match thread after the Bayern 0-0 was a bit like this thread in some parts. Here's a sample of the feeling amongst some fans. My point isn't to show-up these posters, it's more to appreciate that 'in the moment' there's no perspective and disappointments can be construed way too negatively with lots of things 'to blame'!!
Should never have binned off the FA Cup, these breaks do us more harm than good. Its Karma perhaps.

That second half was brutal. It was more toothless than against Leicester at least the conditions could take some of the blame but not tonight. People praising Bayern's defending the gaps were there they were wide open when we transitioned but the poor performances and lack of quality from Trent, Robbo, Mane and Salah meant we couldnt exploit this. We have to really ride out this wobble in form and start firing again soon. The second halfs against Leicester, West Ham and now Bayern are a real cause for concern coming off these breaks abroad. I put this down to a false equivalency on fans blaming the breaks for the lack of rythym and sharpness but i dont know it happens again tonight and there might be something to it. We have looked so mentally tired in the second half of these games and the breaks were seen as an ideal time to mentally refresh. It hasnt worked. The fucking viruses and injuries havent helped as well.
Although it was a half decent result, when are we allowed to start questioning our wastefulness in front of goal? You simply can't afford to miss the target with the type of chance Mane scuffed wide in the first half and expect to progress. It's been happening an awful lot this season, not just missing great chances but also wasting great situations in and around the box.

Offline Sharado

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #539 on: November 28, 2019, 12:41:36 pm »
Funny one last night innit? Shite ref, stodgy midfield, Salah coming back from injury....it happens. We've easily capable of the result we need away to Red Bull like, it's just a shame we have to go there looking for it and not giving everyone a break.

But all this crying about us having 10 games in December - city have got 9, and the kids are going to be playing v villa so effectively our first team has the same.

Just have to be sure to dust down Brighton, Everton and bournemouth beforehand. Pretty sure we should be able to do that like.

Football, like life, isn't about getting what you want or even deserve. It's about appreciating what you have.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #540 on: November 28, 2019, 12:57:50 pm »
Us struggling against Napoli at home pretty much clinched our CL title this year.

Offline lukeb1981

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #541 on: November 28, 2019, 01:21:33 pm »
Probably should have gave Shaq 10 minutes at the end given that our game plan was to get crosses in to the box to beat the congestion in the middle. Salah was struggling and not having much of an impact and VVD being pushed forward, the lad might not be great at tracking back but he can send in some lovely balls from either side. Still confident we will get the job done , when this team needs to step up it does.

Offline Hendollama

• Baldanovski stan. Injustice can be committed only by persons who cannot be touched, only by persons who have power and authority.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #542 on: November 28, 2019, 01:39:24 pm »

:wellin
Happy is the man who avoids hardship, but how fine is the man who is afflicted and shows endurance.

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #543 on: November 28, 2019, 01:58:35 pm »
I like Ancelotti, he seems decent, but fucking hell if every one of his teams are a shower of diving, playacting drama queen blerts, they were embarrassing last night.

Offline Zimagic

• Legacy Fan
  • Liar, liar with your drawers on fire......
« Reply #544 on: November 28, 2019, 02:32:58 pm »
What is it with reporting on Liverpool?

It's like Mertens didn't deliberatly impede and foul VVD and then run in to the space that foul created. All I am reading is variations of "delightful through ball" and similiar shit. It was a clear foul and should have been called back but it's being reported as if it never even happened.

And yes we weren't great but we were still a bad call, inexplicably backed up by VAR, and a clear penalty not given from beating these guys 2-0.

But no, we've got "tactical masterclass", "blueprint to beat liverpool" and all that guff. Yeah, it sure helps that on a bad day the ref essentially gives you 2 huge decisions and you still only scrape a draw.

Look, I don't mind so much that stuff happens in football that changes the course of games and it's not always in your favour. It's part of the charm. Don't go on like it's the second coming because you come away with an undeserved draw.

Boils my piss, it does.
"Truth, Justice, Freedom, Reasonably-Priced Love and a Hard-Boiled Egg!"

Online LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #545 on: November 28, 2019, 02:36:57 pm »
Probably should have gave Shaq 10 minutes at the end given that our game plan was to get crosses in to the box to beat the congestion in the middle. Salah was struggling and not having much of an impact and VVD being pushed forward, the lad might not be great at tracking back but he can send in some lovely balls from either side. Still confident we will get the job done , when this team needs to step up it does.

Fabinho's injury really limited our subs. Normally Shaqiri or Origi would have come on but it wasnt possible.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
« Reply #546 on: November 28, 2019, 02:37:59 pm »
snip

Leave the piss boiling to the rest of them....
They can't fathom the strength of this team, they are trying to find ways to cope. A poor display yesterday is a ray of hope for these people

Meanwhile we'll do what we do and bounce back against Brighton I'm sure

All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #547 on: November 28, 2019, 02:43:53 pm »
What is it with reporting on Liverpool?

It's like Mertens didn't deliberatly impede and foul VVD and then run in to the space that foul created. All I am reading is variations of "delightful through ball" and similiar shit. It was a clear foul and should have been called back but it's being reported as if it never even happened.

And yes we weren't great but we were still a bad call, inexplicably backed up by VAR, and a clear penalty not given from beating these guys 2-0.

But no, we've got "tactical masterclass", "blueprint to beat liverpool" and all that guff. Yeah, it sure helps that on a bad day the ref essentially gives you 2 huge decisions and you still only scrape a draw.

Look, I don't mind so much that stuff happens in football that changes the course of games and it's not always in your favour. It's part of the charm. Don't go on like it's the second coming because you come away with an undeserved draw.

Boils my piss, it does.

The Blueprint (pun sort of intended) has been out since last season - but updated a bit:

1) bunker defense
2) hope for a lucky counter
3) waste time
4) hope we get injuries
5) pray that VAR is in our (opposing team) favor

It's nothing new.

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #548 on: November 28, 2019, 02:53:46 pm »
Another angle by the Arkles..

https://twitter.com/Lukefletch15/status/1199769132268429317

Shithouses using belts again
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline OneTouchFooty

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #549 on: November 28, 2019, 03:09:11 pm »
The Blueprint (pun sort of intended) has been out since last season - but updated a bit:

1) bunker defense
3) waste time
4) hope we get injuries

It's nothing new.

These blueprint clowns remind me of when people would confidently announce they've cracked the way to beat Barca when they'd had an off day... just "simply" stop Messi. Like no- fucker had thought about it or attempted it before. ;D
« Last Edit: November 28, 2019, 03:11:57 pm by OneTouchFooty »

Offline Damian V

• Anny Roader
« Reply #550 on: November 28, 2019, 03:50:27 pm »
I thought our performance wasn't great but Napoli defended very well as a unit. We only won 1-0 vs these last year as well, and they literally took their once chance this game.

Hate playing against these though, hopefully that's the last we see of them.

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #551 on: November 28, 2019, 04:03:59 pm »
Klopp obviously knows the team better than any of us, and the current fitness of the squad. But Napoli are the best team we play over the next few fixtures, so last night just didn't seem the time to rest Arnold, our most creative player. Not to say Gomez was particularly bad down the right, but he's a CB playing at RB, and you can tell when he doesn't put in one good cross all night. Saying that, very nearly could have grabbed his first goal had Mane fired that ball to the far post in the first half, but wasn't to be.

Anyway Klopp would have been well aware that 3 points last night would have meant the Salzburg match was a dead rubber in 2 weeks. A draw is easily achievable out there though even with a combined starting XI of bench players and established 'first-teamers'.

Offline scutty

• Kopite
  • Know nothing.
« Reply #552 on: November 28, 2019, 04:05:42 pm »

Klopp needs to get these boy's steamrolling teams week in week out.

More and more often the lads are having to put in a real shift just to get a result, we can't keep relying on grit and determination, that never say die attitude.

Being 8 points clear having only dropped 2, and top of our group in Europe is all well and good if your playing at the top of your game, we are only were we are now through sheer force of will.
Why was my post deleted?

Offline Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #553 on: November 28, 2019, 04:55:59 pm »
He wasn't being serious. Perhaps you're not either. The best teams often grind it out. City have distorted out expectations. I don't think it's wrong to point out the concerns but being 8 points clear is all well and good HOWEVER you're doing it. It's 8 points!

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #554 on: November 28, 2019, 05:31:25 pm »
I nearly bought (parts of)  that, until I read that line  :)

Why can't we win every game?..
;)
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #555 on: November 28, 2019, 05:34:45 pm »
Stop moaning you fucking quims.

We didn't play that great and still came away with an important point.

Win our next two and everyone will be happy.

Cheer the fuck up :)
Correct Andy.
Since when has Carlo Ancelotti ever been an easy opponent for Liverpool?
Also, who said the CL was ever easy?

This is it. This is the Champions League. We got a valuable point in the group stages. Now get a grip people!
« Last Edit: November 28, 2019, 11:03:38 pm by the_red_pill »
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline Robinred

• Wanted for burglary.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red since '64
« Reply #556 on: November 28, 2019, 06:01:23 pm »

1) bunker defense
3) waste time
4) hope we get injuries

It's nothing new.

I watched the whole game again this afternoon. Napoli really are a shower. Allan and Mertens were trying to referee the game from the off - questioning decision after decision and constantly in the ref’s face. Ancelotti gets a good ‘press’ in here, but he was waving imaginary yellows.

And given the disallowed goal, and rescinded red card at the Bernabeu, the foul on Van Dijk should have also resulted in their goal being disallowed - sneaky little fucker knew exactly what he was doing. Then there was the mugging on Mo - as clear a penalty as you’ll see; is it any wonder players go down under contact? Mo should have imho. The lack of consistency from officials is infuriating.
"The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology...as long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth." Mikhail Bakunin

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
« Reply #557 on: November 28, 2019, 06:17:17 pm »
Thank god we’ve got something to moan about

Must have been killing people ;)
Hee Hee Hee

Offline scutty

• Kopite
  • Know nothing.
« Reply #558 on: November 28, 2019, 06:17:18 pm »
He wasn't being serious. Perhaps you're not either. The best teams often grind it out. City have distorted out expectations. I don't think it's wrong to point out the concerns but being 8 points clear is all well and good HOWEVER you're doing it. It's 8 points!

That's embarrassing, I thought he made some great points.

The point he made about Salah is spot on. sure, if you look at his stats for the season so far they looks good it looks like he's contributing, getting his goals, stats on paper are one thing but we don't play on paper we play on the pitch and he's not setting the pitch on fire like past seasons.

Klopps has got away with not buying another forward so far, if we can hang in there till January get someone in, then maybe just maybe another forward will make all the difference.
Why was my post deleted?

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
« Reply #559 on: November 28, 2019, 06:22:11 pm »

:lmao

You'll catch a fair few with this

:lmao