Author Topic: CL: Liverpool 1 v Napoli 1 20’ Mertens 64’ Degsy  (Read 32777 times)

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
Re: CL: Liverpool 1 v Napoli 1 20’ Mertens 64’ Degsy
« Reply #400 on: November 27, 2019, 11:29:24 pm »
Are you kidding about Salzburg ? They are full of limited players... Only 1 player has potential to play top level football as Premier league in the future ... Other players are Championship level potential .

We will easily win that game ...
We’ve got both ends of the Spectrum, some seem to think they’re amazing but you’ve gone the other way. I think the truth is probably somewhere in between. They have some decent players and one striker who’s having a proper season.

However if we turn up and play to our best we win. We turn up and play like the first 35 mins tonight we could be in trouble. We know we don’t tend to make life easy so I’m expecting a nail biter, but that we’ll find a way to qualify. As Virgil says “it’s what we do”
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #401 on: November 27, 2019, 11:29:58 pm »
We've played much better against bus parking tactics than we did tonight, but too many of our players weren't at their best.

An attacking side like Salzburg suits us. Leaves spaces in behind and gaps, it's why we scored 4. Granted we conceded 3, but that was a good thing for us going into that game
Yep, from what I saw we were a bit flat tonight, with too many not playing to their normal standard.

If we play to our abilities in Austria, we go through. It's simply up to us to do our job over there.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #402 on: November 27, 2019, 11:32:12 pm »
What’s all this Europe League hell/disaster stuff?

If the worst happens and we get beaten by Salzburg then we’ll probably be the first team to win the UEFA Cup the year after the Champions League.

Pretty sure Chelsea have already done that this decade.

Offline Red_Rich

• Legacy Fan
  • Fan since Liverpool 5 Stoke 3 in 1976
« Reply #403 on: November 27, 2019, 11:32:58 pm »
Salzburg have to win so no chance they're putting up a wall like Napoli did tonight.

Suits us down to the ground to pick them off on the break.

United used to win titles on easy street, time for us to take over that real estate

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #404 on: November 27, 2019, 11:35:26 pm »
Pretty sure Chelsea have already done that this decade.
Yeah they did. Someone else mentioned it a page or two back, I was trying to forget about the post.... 😉
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline aggerdid

• Reads the subtitles on "Queer as Folk" from right to left
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #405 on: November 27, 2019, 11:36:27 pm »
Resting players for game 6 would have been nice but needing a point isnt exactly a bad position
We must embrace pain and burn it as fuel for our journey - Kenji Miyazawa

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #406 on: November 27, 2019, 11:39:10 pm »
Haven’t really enjoyed any part of our games against Napoli over the last year or so. In those four games combined we’ve probably put together as many good passages of play as we usually do in a single ninety minutes. Another frustrating night against them. They’re our bogey side, I really think that’s all there is to it.

Foolish to rule out a Salzburg team who caused us plenty of problems at Anfield. We have to go all out in that one now, when our first team could have been enjoying a much needed rest.

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #407 on: November 27, 2019, 11:39:29 pm »
71.8% possession.

15 shots to Napoli's 4
5 on target to Napoli's 1

Deserved to win no?
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline Robinred

• Wanted for burglary.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red since '64
« Reply #408 on: November 27, 2019, 11:40:58 pm »
Feels weird to say it given our position in the league but this team at times looks nowhere near the level we reached last season, defensively and offensively.

At what point does the lack of creativity or game plan beyond get it wide and cross it in become concerning? We've had quite a few last minute positive results lately, winning with penalties or set pieces but but that run was always going to come to an end when we don't seem to consistently create high quality chances in a lot of our games. Winners against Spurs and Leicester from the penalty spot, winners against Villa and Palace from corners, but we're far from our free flowing creative best this season.

Felt like tonight was predictable with the line up - beyond conservative midfield compounded by resting our most creative player (bit concerning it's a right back no?!) and instead having Gomez playing on the right wing. We were never going to create loads of chances, much like we haven't for large chunks of the season.

A result at Salzburg is far from a given as well. They gave us a massive scare at Anfield and have effectively nothing to lose at home, and have been free-scoring all season long. Got potential banana skin written all over it, particularly with our fixture pile up and given that some of our key players don't look fully fit/at the races (Salah, Robertson).

Hope Fabinho is okay. Brighton is a good game to have next up and hoping it's a much improved performance.

Difficult to disagree with any of that.

We are in an utterly incredible position in the Premiership. But in performance terms, as you rightly point out, we have been getting results by the skin of our teeth.

I think it’s time to play the likes of Keita, Shaq et al and stop being so predictable.

I’m really concerned that our two regular fullbacks are so crucial to our play.
"The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology...as long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth." Mikhail Bakunin

Offline jckliew

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #409 on: November 27, 2019, 11:41:51 pm »
71.8% possession.

15 shots to Napoli's 4
5 on target to Napoli's 1

Deserved to win no?
Deserved means nothing.
It's goals scored which counts
My 12yr old son asked me: Is Blackburn a Racist name?

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #410 on: November 27, 2019, 11:41:56 pm »
I didn't get why we brought on Wijnaldum. A draw and a loss was basically the same in the context of the group so we could have been a bit more braver. Yet we went conservative with Gomez also on the field.

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #411 on: November 27, 2019, 11:41:59 pm »
I never want to see Henderson and Gomez down the right flank together ever again.

Completely fine with Klopp resting Trent. He's got to get one at some point and the league takes priority for me - and clearly Klopp, too. But you can't play Henderson down that side with Gomez. There's zero creativity, zero dribbling ability, little there. It's just poor cross after poor cross, coupled with sideways pass after sideways pass. Mo being in a bit of an injury-induced funk doesn't help things.

The bizarre part is we played the same way we always do - as if Trent was playing. Maybe Napoli were clever and funneled us that way but I'm not so sure. We seem geared to play towards that side - a lack of left-footers in the team doesn't help in that regard - and tonight was no different. But the tool in Trent's right foot wasn't there. Instead we had Gomez and Henderson play twelve crosses combined and none of them hit a Liverpool head.

We should have been more adaptable. Robertson playing like Moreno every time we play Napoli doesn't help, of course.

A really poor performance all round to be honest. Firmino didn't show for the ball anywhere near enough around the edge of the box - when he did he was super dangerous - hence the crosses. If Keita or Lallana can't get on the pitch against an incredibly well-drilled low-block like that...then we need to sign a replacement for them ASAP.

Offline RideTheWalrus

• Legacy Fan
  • Urge to kill rising...
« Reply #412 on: November 27, 2019, 11:47:58 pm »
That video I took outside the stadium of the Italians went viral hah.

Played sloppy, can't be too disappointed with the draw even if they played like shite.

Vile club, vile fans, the absolute worst.
Pretty happy with Arse taking it.

Disappointing.
[/quote]

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #413 on: November 27, 2019, 11:48:30 pm »
I didn't get why we brought on Wijnaldum. A draw and a loss was basically the same in the context of the group so we could have been a bit more braver. Yet we went conservative with Gomez also on the field.
It was weird how obvious it became that the score would remain 1-1 once we equalised. I never got the sense we were going all in to win it. Bet Napoli loved those endless floated balls into the box.

Offline Six Beardy

• Granby Half-Brick Dodger!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #414 on: November 27, 2019, 11:49:25 pm »
In some ways tonight's match was a testament to how far we've come - a few seasons ago that would have been a massive must-win match with the crowd in overdrive thrusting the team forward like our lives depended on it. It's all felt  bit too easy recently almost like there's a sense of complacency creeping in to all of us ( fans and players), so hopefully tonight was a bit of a wake-up call that results don't come easy - even the great teams of the 70's and 80's needed that reminder now and again; you can't just keep sleepwalking your way to victory, no matter how superior you are to the opposition.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2019, 11:58:45 pm by Six Baby »

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #415 on: November 27, 2019, 11:52:26 pm »
That video I took outside the stadium of the Italians went viral hah.

Played sloppy, can't be too disappointed with the draw even if they played like shite.

Vile club, vile fans, the absolute worst.
Is your video up on this site?

I do agree. Horrible club with utterly vile and disgusting morons following them.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline HeartAndSoul

• OneWillBurn
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RedOrDead
« Reply #416 on: November 27, 2019, 11:53:02 pm »
Without the likes of chamberlain lallana and keita playing in front of fabinho, our threat by trying to play between the lines is non existent. We just get the ball wide to the full back and hope they put inch perfect crosses in. Played right in napoli hands today with the way we played. Their 3 at the back just cleared everything with ease. We always found out what we already knew and that if we’re going to play 3 workman in the middle 3 then joe Gomez isn’t who you want on the flanks trying to create. Seeing him and hendo on the right trying to link up was painful.

We never make it easy for ourselves and looks like we’ll have to go to Salzburg and play a full strength team there. Really don’t understand why we didn’t go full XI today and rotate at the weekend

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #417 on: November 27, 2019, 11:53:09 pm »

We are in an utterly incredible position in the Premiership. But in performance terms, as you rightly point out, we have been getting results by the skin of our teeth.

I think it’s time to play the likes of Keita, Shaq et al and stop being so predictable.

I have to respectfully disagree. It's also disappointing how many of our fans are falling for the agenda being driven by certain critics of the team. As for winning by the skin of the teeth how many games have the opposition had more shots and more possession than we've had overall? It's been a stop-start beginning to the season due to the crazy number of international breaks we've had this season. This has certainly affected the flow of the team so far, but with more time available to the manager to actually work with the players it will improve. If there are two things that are not concerning me it's the state of play with our two brilliant full backs.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #418 on: November 27, 2019, 11:53:56 pm »
Haven’t really enjoyed any part of our games against Napoli over the last year or so. In those four games combined we’ve probably put together as many good passages of play as we usually do in a single ninety minutes. Another frustrating night against them. They’re our bogey side, I really think that’s all there is to it.

Foolish to rule out a Salzburg team who caused us plenty of problems at Anfield. We have to go all out in that one now, when our first team could have been enjoying a much needed rest.

Ancelotti is one of the great all time managers, he probably understands better than 95% of managers what Klopp is trying to do and knows how to set up a team better than 95% of managers.

Plus I think he takes Liverpool games personally after Istanbul
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline RideTheWalrus

• Legacy Fan
  • Urge to kill rising...
« Reply #419 on: November 27, 2019, 11:54:29 pm »
Is your video up on this site?

I do agree. Horrible club with utterly vile and disgusting morons following them.

This one the Echo used
https://twitter.com/OneInchWalrus/status/1199767321599983616?s=19

Disappointing.
[/quote]

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #420 on: November 27, 2019, 11:58:49 pm »
Ancelotti is one of the great all time managers, he probably understands better than 95% of managers what Klopp is trying to do and knows how to set up a team better than 95% of managers.

Very true.

It's not something I even want to think about but I've seen and heard plenty of people discussing it - and I'm always amazed by the lack of mention Ancelotti gets as Klopp's successor. He's tactically brilliant, he has unfinished business in England and his style of football translates well to the English game.

Anyway...we'll park that one for at least a few years.

Offline stueya

• Kopite
« Reply #421 on: November 28, 2019, 12:01:07 am »
Am I right in saying the Salzburg would need to win by two goals due to the tie breaker rules?
Article 17 Equality of points – group stage
17.01 If two or more teams are equal on points on completion of the group matches,
the following criteria are applied in the order given to determine their rankings:
a. higher number of points obtained in the group matches played among the teams in question;
b. superior goal difference from the group matches played among the teams in question;
c. higher number of goals scored in the group matches played among the teams in question;
d. higher number of away goals scored in the group matches played among the teams in question;

From that we get the nod if they win either 1-0, 2-1 or 3-2, if it’s 4-3 they go through on overall group goal difference and if it’s 5-4 they go through, sure it’s similar to the Olympiakos game in 05
We all live in a purple wheelie bin

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #422 on: November 28, 2019, 12:02:49 am »
Am I right in saying the Salzburg would need to win by two goals due to the tie breaker rules?
17.01 If two or more teams are equal on points on completion of the group matches,
the following criteria are applied in the order given to determine their rankings:
a. higher number of points obtained in the group matches played among the teams in question;
b. superior goal difference from the group matches played among the teams in question;
c. higher number of goals scored in the group matches played among the teams in question;
d. higher number of away goals scored in the group matches played among the teams in question;

From that we get the nod if they win either 1-0, 2-1 or 3-2, if it’s 4-3 they go through on overall group goal difference and if it’s 5-4 they go through, sure it’s similar to the Olympiakos game in 05

No as essentially they have three away goals

We’d need to score four at which point a one goal defeat is fine for us

Criteria A, B and C would all be equal so comes down to the away goals first

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #423 on: November 28, 2019, 12:03:24 am »
Very true.

It's not something I even want to think about but I've seen and heard plenty of people discussing it - and I'm always amazed by the lack of mention Ancelotti gets as Klopp's successor. He's tactically brilliant, he has unfinished business in England and his style of football translates well to the English game.

Anyway...we'll park that one for at least a few years.

It was between him and Klopp for this job. The story goes he came in saying 'we need to sign this player and that player' and Klopp came in and said 'I like this squad, llet's go from there'
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #424 on: November 28, 2019, 12:03:25 am »
This one the Echo used

Thanks.

They really need banning from Anfield, as do Roma. Vile scumbags.

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #425 on: November 28, 2019, 12:03:38 am »

It's the reverse. If they beat us by one goal then we'd have equal amount of goals scored - meaning d) comes into the equation. We'd only go through by losing 4-3 or 5-4.

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #426 on: November 28, 2019, 12:04:55 am »
It was between him and Klopp for this job. The story goes he came in saying 'we need to sign this player and that player' and Klopp came in and said 'I like this squad, llet's go from there'

Yeah, but I think the fact he's taken the Napoli job and - to my knowledge - not spent an awful lot of dough shows that perhaps he's changed / accepted perhaps his days of hopping between the elite jobs are gone.

Offline MNAA

• ...mnaa, doo doo, deh-doodoo.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #427 on: November 28, 2019, 12:06:09 am »

Agree with this. Ancelotti is a great manager. Every time against Napoli, he set them up to frustrate us. Defending tight. Defending deep. Look for the opportunity to throw a sucker punch. Play snidely too
Neither party wishes to be bent over backwards but...
coitus will occur

Online Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #428 on: November 28, 2019, 12:06:56 am »
Thought Lallana would of come on for Fab. The game was set up for an Lallana or Keita kind of player.

Gomez at RB is starting to become a no no. I would of subbed Milner for Shaq.

It's a shame that we can't rest our 1st team squad and let the youth team play the last CL match but let's go there and win.

Offline Six Beardy

• Granby Half-Brick Dodger!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #429 on: November 28, 2019, 12:07:35 am »
This one the Echo used

There's really no need for any of that shit and after what happened to poor Sean Cox the worry is understandable - but ffs there's nothing to see there, all that happened was a traffic cone being knocked over. I hate to sound like a 'back in my day' arl arse - but back in my day when I wasn't an arl arse that kind of running and chasing happened at every single match, not that it's an excuse mind but this kind of nothingness 'traffic cone gets knocked over' is  classed as a news story now ?

Offline bornandbRED

• ... an ESL super fan. aka physioSTALKER
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #430 on: November 28, 2019, 12:08:52 am »
We were in the same shoes last year, the year before and 2005.

Number 7. It is written.

Offline Beninger

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #431 on: November 28, 2019, 12:09:22 am »
Salzburg is in a much form than us. I think we will be massive underdogs to get a result there.

Offline Robinred

• Wanted for burglary.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red since '64
« Reply #432 on: November 28, 2019, 12:14:25 am »
I have to respectfully disagree. It's also disappointing how many of our fans are falling for the agenda being driven by certain critics of the team. As for winning by the skin of the teeth how many games have the opposition had more shots and more possession than we've had overall? It's been a stop-start beginning to the season due to the crazy number of international breaks we've had this season. This has certainly affected the flow of the team so far, but with more time available to the manager to actually work with the players it will improve. If there are two things that are not concerning me it's the state of play with our two brilliant full backs.

Jill, I think you are more often than not the voice of reason. But allow me to respectfully disagree with you.

Our regular full backs are, frankly, knackered. And only a third of the season gone.

We have, whichever way you paint it, been winning narrowly. You might want to bring up statistics to suggest our dominance, but I’d prefer to stick with “skin of our teeth” - it seems to me much more honest and authentic.

There was a chart somewhere which attempted to rationalise our team’s performance on a month by month basis. We don’t, under Klopp, do as well in winter months as in autumn and spring. And given the schedule and squad, I’m not convinced the upcoming month will be any different.

That’s not undue negativity on my part. It’s more an acceptance that in certain, key positions, we are light. Full back is exactly such a position - both sides.

That’s just my honest appraisal.
"The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology...as long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth." Mikhail Bakunin

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #433 on: November 28, 2019, 12:15:31 am »
There's really no need for any of that shit and after what happened to poor Sean Cox the worry is understandable - but ffs there's nothing to see there, all that happened was a traffic cone being knocked over. I hate to sound like a 'back in my day' arl arse - but back in my day when I wasn't an arl arse that kind of running and chasing happened at every single match, not that it's an excuse mind but this kind of nothingness 'traffic cone gets knocked over' is  classed as a news story now ?

I was assuming it was all 'belts off' again from them like it always is.

Of course, compared to the old days that was a kiddies tea party, but times have moved on. Someone needs to tell these morons that we are almost 20 years into a new century now.

I think that particularly after Sean Cox, Italian cowards wading in, mobbed up attacking passers-by is news. Personally, I'm glad it's not been brushed under the carpet and these imbeciles are getting outed for what they are.

Offline RideTheWalrus

• Legacy Fan
  • Urge to kill rising...
« Reply #434 on: November 28, 2019, 12:19:47 am »

There was a couple of other kick offs at the other end some lad said. Few got arrested at least

Disappointing.
[/quote]

Offline decosabute

• ...and so am I. Abu Dhabi correspondent
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #435 on: November 28, 2019, 12:31:01 am »
Our performances haven't been very good as of late and maybe we've had the rub of the green with some VAR decisions too and today showed exactly that, except this time it went against us. It could have been a foul on Van Dijk leading up to their goal. Some referees might pull it back and some give the goal like the refs tonight. Just look at the Courtois decision in the Real Madrid game yesterday to see how subjective these things really are. We're just going to have to drastically improve our performances. We've been leaky in defense and our front three have taken turns being poor from one match to the next. Tonight all three were extremely poor. We can't keep relying on sheer mental fortitude to get us through games, especially with this insane holiday period coming up. I think Klopp and even Robbo said as much mid-week; we need to start playing better and put games away early without all the unnecessary drama.

Fuck off with this shite. So many decisions have gone against us/not been acted upon with VAR this season. Peddling the awful media narrative here. Of course we could play better, but Napoli have been fucking gifted goals both games against us. That's nothing other than rank fucking incompetence in the officiating.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #436 on: November 28, 2019, 12:33:46 am »
Jill, I think you are more often than not the voice of reason. But allow me to respectfully disagree with you.

Our regular full backs are, frankly, knackered. And only a third of the season gone.

We have, whichever way you paint it, been winning narrowly. You might want to bring up statistics to suggest our dominance, but I’d prefer to stick with “skin of our teeth” - it seems to me much more honest and authentic.

There was a chart somewhere which attempted to rationalise our team’s performance on a month by month basis. We don’t, under Klopp, do as well in winter months as in autumn and spring. And given the schedule and squad, I’m not convinced the upcoming month will be any different.

That’s not undue negativity on my part. It’s more an acceptance that in certain, key positions, we are light. Full back is exactly such a position - both sides.

That’s just my honest appraisal.

Full backs, Robbo is currently struggling with an injury which has a lot to do with his current up-down performances in recent games. Trent has been ill as well as travelling and playing in two internationals. So for him too there are reasons for in his “inconsistent “ form for some games. I would prefer Milner to play right back when Trent is missing. Joe is not a full back and is also struggling with his rhythm too. As for the rest of the team, we need to find an adjustment as at times we are being caught by teams and conceding. My point is though it can only be sorted on the training field with a run of uninterrupted games. We are coming into that time now, hopefully Klopp will be able to adjust our shape

The thing is you are going to get games like these, but we still only drew and have every chance to go through. It’s a set back that’s all. I just thought the other post was overly negative it’s not that I can’t understand people having concerns, but not to that degree. 😀
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Big Dirk

• But with Little Harnds. One of these is incorrerct.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Belfast Red
« Reply #437 on: November 28, 2019, 12:34:15 am »

I've been saying this all season that our Full Backs are the most important part of our team if they don't turn up then generally the team don't turn up...the Gomez option at RB simply doesn't work we wouldn't dream of playing any of our other CBs there so why him?The biggest worry is our lack of proper cover for either Full Back position.
Born a Red-Live a Red-Die a Red

Offline Robinred

• Wanted for burglary.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red since '64
« Reply #438 on: November 28, 2019, 12:38:09 am »
Fuck off with this shite. So many decisions have gone against us/not been acted upon with VAR this season. Peddling the awful media narrative here. Of course we could play better, but Napoli have been fucking gifted goals both games against us. That's nothing other than rank fucking incompetence in the officiating.

I think, on balance, I prefer Caligula’s analysis. And that’s not to underestimate the poor overall performance of tonight’s ref.

Offline arbiarbi

• Main Stander
« Reply #439 on: November 28, 2019, 12:39:17 am »
We missed Trent so much today against this double decker ... With him in starting 11 we would win this game but everything is in our hands for the next round and first place so I am sure we will easily win in Salzburg....
In the game like this where we must get result, where concentration will be 100% and motivation I am sure we will get result.