Author Topic: Wrestling Thread (AEW, NJPW, WWE, etc) (*)  (Read 470151 times)

Online Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!! (Although is PC is from the 90s so you'll have to wait a while...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
Re: Wrestling Thread (AEW, NJPW, WWE, etc) (*)
« Reply #7160 on: May 2, 2023, 10:40:47 am »
11am presale codes:

REG1ABGQ5QOR

REG1A9RRV2DD

If anyone can make use of them, do so!
"The nicest thing about quotes is that they give us a nodding acquaintance with the originator which is often socially impressive."

~ Kenneth Williams, with whom I'm noddingly acquainted. Socially impressed?

Online Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!! (Although is PC is from the 90s so you'll have to wait a while...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #7161 on: May 2, 2023, 10:45:45 am »
Got our tickets, 110.

We've ended up in 222. I'm taking a punt that the hard cam will be facing the ramp/entrance and wanted to at least be able to see that side of the ring, but not too high up and not paying the prices to be central.
"The nicest thing about quotes is that they give us a nodding acquaintance with the originator which is often socially impressive."

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #7162 on: May 2, 2023, 10:48:36 am »
We've ended up in 222. I'm taking a punt that the hard cam will be facing the ramp/entrance and wanted to at least be able to see that side of the ring, but not too high up and not paying the prices to be central.

There's a gap on the left side with no floor seats, so I assumed the hard cam and all the production stuff would be sat there, so the ramp will be to the left, same as it usually is.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline damomad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7163 on: May 2, 2023, 10:56:25 am »
Nice one lads, getting ready to join the queue now to have a nosey and hopefully get a cheap seat.
You're still the one pool where I'd happily drown

Online Riquende

• Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #7164 on: May 2, 2023, 10:58:38 am »
There's a gap on the left side with no floor seats, so I assumed the hard cam and all the production stuff would be sat there, so the ramp will be to the left, same as it usually is.

You could be right, but they have had shows facing the ramp before... anyway it's done now. I'm sure they'll be a big visible screen somewhere to see what the camera's focusing on.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #7165 on: May 2, 2023, 11:00:19 am »
You could be right, but they have had shows facing the ramp before... anyway it's done now. I'm sure they'll be a big visible screen somewhere to see what the camera's focusing on.

Yup.  The big thing for me was getting a fairly central view, went to a Rev Pro show a while back and we were facing the ring from the corner and they had that rig for lighting and wotnot which really obscured the view.  Wonder if they'll just have an open ring for this.

Offline damomad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7166 on: May 2, 2023, 11:25:02 am »
I can't understand how Ticketmaster can be so shit but charge the fees they do and get away with it. Still trying to get in here.

Offline damomad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7167 on: May 2, 2023, 11:35:15 am »
Buzzing, section 510, £30 is a steal. 

Online Stockholm Syndrome

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #7168 on: May 2, 2023, 12:07:34 pm »
Got a family member to book for me while I was in the meeting, a d good job too. After 50 minutes in the queue they managed to get tickets in section 520, so seems like they were selling fast

Buzzing to be going though

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #7169 on: May 2, 2023, 12:18:28 pm »
This is a really good site to show your seat and view.

https://3ddigitalvenue.com/clients/sports/wembley

Offline John_P

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7170 on: May 2, 2023, 06:10:04 pm »
35,000 tickets sold already!
"I must go to the hospital because the injury was so serious that maybe he will be there for one week,"

Gamertag: Chosen John

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7171 on: May 2, 2023, 06:11:22 pm »
Rick Flair was on Joe Rogan last week, I haven't listened to it yet.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Tonyh8su

• Tonyign0r35u
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #7172 on: May 2, 2023, 09:27:49 pm »
Rick Flair was on Joe Rogan last week, I haven't listened to it yet.

"Rick"? Come on man. What's next, "Brett" Hart?

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #7173 on: May 3, 2023, 10:56:02 am »

Nearly four months away, not a sniff of the potential matches on the card, no real promotion over here other than on wrestling media... that's a really good start.  There's a very real chance it could sell out, which would be mad.

Online stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #7174 on: May 3, 2023, 12:14:40 pm »
Nearly four months away, not a sniff of the potential matches on the card, no real promotion over here other than on wrestling media... that's a really good start.  There's a very real chance it could sell out, which would be mad.

Don't really see why it would be mad. I'd even say they should be selling out. It's their first event outside the US (or Canada) and loads of people in Europe will want to see it. London is pretty easy to reach from bascially everywhere on the continent, so it's not a huge hassle to get there. Probably pretty cheap from most destinations as well (at least compared to going to the US). I'm pretty sure they would have sold out Wembley even at full capacity, so anything lower than that, they won't have an issue. If this becomes a regular thing, then the numbers will go down and people will not be as eager to go there in person and watch it live, but being able to watch a live show without going across the Atlantic for the first time? That was always going to sell out.
« Last Edit: May 3, 2023, 12:16:14 pm by stoa »

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #7175 on: May 3, 2023, 12:52:35 pm »
I guess that does make sense, wonder just how popular AEW actually is in Europe.  They can't get many viewers with the shitty ITV slots over here, but the UK has always had a strong wrestling fanbase, from the WoS years through to the thriving indie scene (before WWE gutted it).

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7176 on: May 3, 2023, 01:21:21 pm »
I guess that does make sense, wonder just how popular AEW actually is in Europe.  They can't get many viewers with the shitty ITV slots over here, but the UK has always had a strong wrestling fanbase, from the WoS years through to the thriving indie scene (before WWE gutted it).

Simply put, UK and European fans stay up until 3-4 am to watch Wrestling. If you are of that mindset, you are likely going to be pretty into it, and more likely to be more into wrestling itself not just WWE (if you are that committed you are more likely to fall down the rabbit hole)

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7177 on: May 3, 2023, 06:30:58 pm »

Up to 43,000 now

Online Riquende

• Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #7178 on: May 4, 2023, 09:47:54 am »
I guess that does make sense, wonder just how popular AEW actually is in Europe.

It's a fair point that the fervour of UK/European fans isn't in doubt, given the staying up late etc, but I don't think I'd ever seen any evidence, or hints even, of the actual numbers that either buy PPVs here, or have FITE subscriptions. Or even watch on ITV (and none of that would include people torrenting Dynamite/Rampage, which is how I started out before plumping for Fite). Obviously Tony Khan had all the underlying data and factored that into choosing a time & venue. There are all sorts of places that would have made more sense if they were looking for a crowd of even 40k (which would have doubled their previous attendance record), but the numbers must have been there to convince him to take a chance on filling Wembley on a bank holiday weekend.

It still would have been nice to have a mini house show tour of some major cities whilst they had all the equipment and personnel in the country, but I guess that, and the odd Dynamite etc, is on the cards if All In is a big success (history repeating itself somewhat).

Offline John_P

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7179 on: May 4, 2023, 11:10:57 am »
Suppose the late August date sort of took any other stadiums out of the running due to the football season. Plus the Khans already have relationship with Wembley stadium what with the Jags playing there every year.
"I must go to the hospital because the injury was so serious that maybe he will be there for one week,"

Offline John_P

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7180 on: May 4, 2023, 09:51:50 pm »
Just passed 50,000 ticket sales now.

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7181 on: May 4, 2023, 10:31:41 pm »
WWE bring a PPV here for the first time in 21 years and they're about to get one-upped by AEW. Vince won't be happy

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
  • Grew up with Houllier and Rafa teams
« Reply #7182 on: May 4, 2023, 11:47:54 pm »
My hope is that this will start a new wave of European wrestling shows in Stadiums from the big 3. There is a clear demand for it and now we finally have the supply.

Offline btroom

• Anny Roader
« Reply #7183 on: May 5, 2023, 05:00:45 am »
big 3?

Offline damomad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7184 on: May 5, 2023, 07:35:33 am »
I wonder if this will have changed the card at all. If they weren't getting near a sell out they might have to pursue someone like Goldberg to fill in some seats, and give him a "final" match. Now they can just focus on putting on the best wrestling show possible.

big 3?

I'm going to guess WWE, AEW and NJPW. Not TNA anyway. Their UK shows peaked at the Olympia one!

Offline bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #7185 on: May 5, 2023, 08:28:54 am »
WWE bring a PPV here for the first time in 21 years and they're about to get one-upped by AEW. Vince won't be happy

I don’t get why it always has to be a competition, they haven’t ‘one upped’ them at all. Clash at the castle was a major success and I’m sure if they chose a bigger venue for MITB it would have sold out too.

Still, great news for AEW with the Wembley attendance and should be a quality atmosphere. Let’s hope they actually deliver with a decent card though

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #7186 on: May 5, 2023, 09:08:51 am »
No worries whatsoever about the card, they always put on amazing PPVs and the match quality is usually insane.  What I am a little worried about is the inevitable celebrity appearances, something which AEW tend to fudge.

Online stoa

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7187 on: May 5, 2023, 11:56:41 am »
It's a fair point that the fervour of UK/European fans isn't in doubt, given the staying up late etc, but I don't think I'd ever seen any evidence, or hints even, of the actual numbers that either buy PPVs here, or have FITE subscriptions. Or even watch on ITV (and none of that would include people torrenting Dynamite/Rampage, which is how I started out before plumping for Fite). Obviously Tony Khan had all the underlying data and factored that into choosing a time & venue. There are all sorts of places that would have made more sense if they were looking for a crowd of even 40k (which would have doubled their previous attendance record), but the numbers must have been there to convince him to take a chance on filling Wembley on a bank holiday weekend.

It still would have been nice to have a mini house show tour of some major cities whilst they had all the equipment and personnel in the country, but I guess that, and the odd Dynamite etc, is on the cards if All In is a big success (history repeating itself somewhat).

I think people are too focussed on the UK when we're actually talking about the whole of Europe being the target audience for this. I've just done a quick search and I could get to London from where I live for a four day trip around the AEW show for less than 500 Euros. You could get it way cheaper, if you're actually looking for cheap flights and/or cheaper accomodation. That's not even taking into account that you can get to London by other means be it driving yourself or by bus especially from places like Germany or the Benelux countries or France. That's basically nothing for what could be a once in a lifetime moment or just getting to watch the wrestlers you like in person without having to pay four of five time the money to fly to the US (where you'll probably have to go for a longer trip than just a handful of days to make it worth it). It's not that "big" a step to go to London for a long weekend. Loads of people are already doing it, just to go to London, watch a show there or just go shopping. So, for someone who likes wrestling and follows AEW it's basically a no-brainer, if they can go there to watch a live show. 60K Liverpool supporters went to Paris to be there for the third CL final in just a few years. I know that that comparision is a bit off, but it just goes to show what people are willing to do, to have a good (and probably rare/once in a lifetime) experience).

What works even more in AEW's favour is that it's geared very much to the "nerdy" (in a positive way) wrestling fans. It's the show for people who also go to indie wrestling shows in their own country (or even in other countries). It's the show for people who love discussing wrestling stuff online. They are not as reliant on casual fans as WWE are for example. That also helps. Especially when we're talking about spending money on a trip to a wrestling show. If you're really a hardcore fan, you'll spend a few hundred Euros to get to AEW's first ever show in Europe (outside North America), even if that might mean you won't be able to go on a proper summer holiday.
« Last Edit: May 5, 2023, 11:59:58 am by stoa »

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7188 on: May 5, 2023, 12:34:16 pm »
Looking at the seating map for Wembley for All In, really not a lot of seats left outside of the very top of the Stadium.

Wouldn't be shocked if it breaks 60-65k tonight

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #7189 on: May 5, 2023, 12:35:56 pm »
There's a couple of front row seats still going, only £2k a pop.

Offline sambhi92

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Round the Fields of Anfield Road
« Reply #7190 on: May 5, 2023, 12:37:29 pm »
one thing about AEW is you know their PPV will be amazing. In their whole time i would say all but 1 PPV was 9/10 minimum. You'll get your moneys worth with AEW
Round the Fields of Anfield Road

Online Riquende

• Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #7191 on: May 5, 2023, 01:13:22 pm »
What I am a little worried about is the inevitable celebrity appearances, something which AEW tend to fudge.

Oh crap, I've just remembered Jack Whitehall was at the first Double or Nothing. Can we all have a whip round and pay an extra £5 per seat to keep him away?

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
  • Grew up with Houllier and Rafa teams
« Reply #7192 on: May 5, 2023, 01:14:08 pm »
I got 3 in the middle tier for All In this morning.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #7193 on: May 5, 2023, 01:33:14 pm »
Oh crap, I've just remembered Jack Whitehall was at the first Double or Nothing. Can we all have a whip round and pay an extra £5 per seat to keep him away?

He was promoting All In on Twitter too recently, think he's still in with the AEW crowd.  It's great to have celebrity wrestling fans, but not so great when it's Jack Whitehall.

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7194 on: May 5, 2023, 06:23:18 pm »
60,000 sold now - AEW are beating the Man City record at Wembley at the very least

Online stoa

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7195 on: May 5, 2023, 06:25:15 pm »
60,000 sold now - AEW are beating the Man City record at Wembley at the very least

To be fair, you and me beating each other with wet towels at Wembley would probably outdraw Man City... :D

Online Riquende

• Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #7196 on: May 5, 2023, 07:01:14 pm »
To be fair, you and me beating each other with wet towels at Wembley would probably outdraw Man City... :D

This is part of the all-RAWK undercard battle royale, right?

The one in the car park?

Online stoa

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7197 on: May 5, 2023, 08:14:21 pm »
Nah... We're Main Event material. People either hate us or want to be like us depending on what part of the weirdo-scale they are on. ;)

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7198 on: May 5, 2023, 08:15:53 pm »
I'll be under the ring.

Offline NightDancer

• Anny Roader
  • Bleep Bloop Bleep Bloop
« Reply #7199 on: May 6, 2023, 09:52:03 am »
Going  :champ

And have a faction going with me, so don't need any of you losers to help me take on the HoB  ;D 

In fact I might just go around taking out RAWKers, well except for Stockholm as he is going to turn and join my faction   8)
What's your pleasure?