Author Topic: Wrestling Thread (AEW, NJPW, WWE, etc) (*)  (Read 466151 times)

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
Re: Wrestling Thread (AEW, NJPW, WWE, etc) (*)
« Reply #7240 on: May 24, 2023, 08:30:06 am »
FITE are doing a 4 AEW PPVs for 70 quid deal at the moment.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
  • Grew up with Houllier and Rafa teams
« Reply #7241 on: May 24, 2023, 11:45:30 am »
I head out to Vegas on Friday afternoon! Really can't wait. The Sunday Premier League fixtures will be 08.30am so I'll be putting on some light bets (ten bucks on Everton to go down!) whilst I gouge on pancakes & waffles.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #7242 on: May 24, 2023, 12:17:28 pm »
I head out to Vegas on Friday afternoon! Really can't wait. The Sunday Premier League fixtures will be 08.30am so I'll be putting on some light bets (ten bucks on Everton to go down!) whilst I gouge on pancakes & waffles.

Enjoy.  It doesn't look like a great PPV on paper, but they knock it out of the park every single time so you should have a blast.  Anarchy in the Arena will be mad.

Online Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!! (Although is PC is from the 90s so you'll have to wait a while...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #7243 on: May 24, 2023, 02:02:44 pm »
FITE are doing a 4 AEW PPVs for 70 quid deal at the moment.

Looking at it now, $72 on mine. Given that each PPV is $20 in the UK that's okay, if you know you'll end up paying for them all anyway.

I'm probably not watching DoN live as I'm trying to conserve holidays, and I'm down to be WFH on Monday so can just pop it on in the 'ahem' background. As a result I'll probably shop around for somewhere online that isn't Fite.
"The nicest thing about quotes is that they give us a nodding acquaintance with the originator which is often socially impressive."

~ Kenneth Williams, with whom I'm noddingly acquainted. Socially impressed?

Online Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!! (Although is PC is from the 90s so you'll have to wait a while...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #7244 on: May 27, 2023, 02:01:32 pm »
Looks like Acclaimed/House of Black is the last minute addition to the Double or Nothing card (given what Bowens said post match, I don't know why they didn't explicitly announce it).
"The nicest thing about quotes is that they give us a nodding acquaintance with the originator which is often socially impressive."

Offline CornerFlag

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #7245 on: May 28, 2023, 09:39:12 am »
Still massively enjoying the storytelling around Roman and the Bloodline.
My Twitter

Last time I went there I saw masturbating chimpanzees. Whether you think that's worthy of £22 is up to you. All I'll say is I now have an annual pass.

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7246 on: May 28, 2023, 11:36:47 am »

Yeah, I mean I don’t watch anything week to week but the stuff I see of the big Bloodline moments is incredible. Was surprised it was Jimmy who turned on Roman, but guess it makes sense in that Jey is the one who has been so abused by him - he’s still living in fear. And now will have to choose between his brother and the Tribal Chief…

Online B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7247 on: May 28, 2023, 02:01:18 pm »
Yes it definitely dragged after WM but that was only because Roman was absent.

I think it's absolutely beautiful storytelling that Roman spent his 1000th day as champ getting superkicked by an Uso and Sami getting the win over him. Even if you aren't a fan of the story for whatever reason,  I'd love if storylines given as much time and depth as this became common, keeps me hooked and popping like a kid in the big moments.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2023, 02:04:02 pm by B0151? »

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7248 on: May 28, 2023, 10:08:46 pm »
The storytelling is something else. Now that Jimmy has turned, everyone will now anticipate the big turn by Jey.

Offline amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7249 on: May 28, 2023, 10:26:40 pm »
Jey will be forced to watch Jimmy take a beating until he eventually snaps. Interesting to see what happens with Solo.

Online Stockholm Syndrome

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7250 on: May 29, 2023, 12:27:19 pm »
DON I think ultimately was pretty good, first half was fine and second half was really great.

Online Riquende

• Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #7251 on: May 29, 2023, 12:40:15 pm »
I enjoyed it a lot, but it was missing something to push it up to the highest level. Jericho and Cole dragged a bit and I didn't get much of a sense of anger out of Cole after the way the build went. I've seen the phrase 'Forced Jericho Epic' used, and I get the point. He's got a tendency now to drag feuds out past the point of enjoyment, and it looks like this one is trundling on too. On the other hand, the Pillars match was exactly what I was hoping for, with all 4 of them playing to their strengths, with nods to their respective histories too. Anarchy in the Arena was great too. I know the Young Bucks get a lot of stick but I don't think they've ever been in a PPV match that failed to deliver.

Beyond those it was all just really solid stuff that I won't go too much into yet for fear of spoilers.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #7252 on: May 29, 2023, 12:55:38 pm »
That 4 Pillars match was really well put together.  Swerve vs OC pls.

Online Riquende

• Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #7253 on: May 30, 2023, 07:54:56 am »
Apparently there were delays in fans getting in to DoN and the arena wasn't full until Hayter/Storm (match 5), which might account for the reported muted live reactions to some of the earlier matches.

Offline NightDancer

• Anny Roader
  • Bleep Bloop Bleep Bloop
« Reply #7254 on: May 30, 2023, 01:56:38 pm »
That 4 Pillars match was really well put together.  Swerve vs OC pls.

Hell yeah and sneaky Swerve to win too
What's your pleasure?

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #7255 on: May 30, 2023, 01:58:43 pm »

Hell yeah and sneaky Swerve to win too

Have a feeling that might be coming, he's put on some beef lately so he must be in line for something, and OC's run is coming to an end, there's only so much more he can take, story-wise, being a fighting champion.

I'd rather see Swerve in the main event scene but with MJF as champ that doesn't make much sense.

Offline NightDancer

• Anny Roader
« Reply #7256 on: May 30, 2023, 01:59:47 pm »
I enjoyed it a lot, but it was missing something to push it up to the highest level. Jericho and Cole dragged a bit and I didn't get much of a sense of anger out of Cole after the way the build went. I've seen the phrase 'Forced Jericho Epic' used, and I get the point. He's got a tendency now to drag feuds out past the point of enjoyment, and it looks like this one is trundling on too. On the other hand, the Pillars match was exactly what I was hoping for, with all 4 of them playing to their strengths, with nods to their respective histories too. Anarchy in the Arena was great too. I know the Young Bucks get a lot of stick but I don't think they've ever been in a PPV match that failed to deliver.

Beyond those it was all just really solid stuff that I won't go too much into yet for fear of spoilers.

Cole/Jericho was poor imo and is that typical JAS dragged out forever type fued. Everything Jericho has been involved in from almost day one in AEW has gone on a month or two too long.

It is just rinse and repeat  in all fueds and who ever is against Jericho or the JAS just sees any momenteum they had get killed stone dead.

Think two of the title changes that happened may be linked. The person that lost one title  going on to be who starts going after the person who won a title.
What's your pleasure?

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #7257 on: May 30, 2023, 02:02:23 pm »
Agree on Jericho vs Cole, worst match on the card.  Felt like a chore to get through.

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7258 on: May 30, 2023, 02:04:17 pm »
I would be interested in the women's division coming - Tony all but confirmed Mercedes Moné would be playing a part soon if not for the injury, perhaps at Forbidden Door

Also that build starts now so expect some NJPW stars to make an appearance

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #7259 on: May 30, 2023, 02:07:45 pm »
I would be interested in the women's division coming - Tony all but confirmed Mercedes Moné would be playing a part soon if not for the injury, perhaps at Forbidden Door

I am desperate for Mercedes to come in and side with the Outcasts, and then for Jade to step up for the AEW originals.  The pop for Jade would be insane.

Offline NightDancer

• Anny Roader
« Reply #7260 on: May 31, 2023, 12:40:12 pm »
I am desperate for Mercedes to come in and side with the Outcasts, and then for Jade to step up for the AEW originals.  The pop for Jade would be insane.

Think that is what the title changes means to be honest.

Can see the Outcasts getting on top of the originals and then bleating about there being nobody capable of standing against them, then Jade's music hits.

Either that or a massive beat down that gets broken up by a Jade run in.

Britt, going by a number of interviews, has zero interest in holding a strap in the near future, and says she now sees herself as being part of fueds along with being used to elevate others.

Toni Storm and Jamie Hayter are good title holders imo, but Jade getting the main women's strap in a few months time makes sense to me.

Still think the women's division should have tag belts as there are enough there to create some good teams along with a number of making up the number teams to eat losses.

Penelope Ford needs to be used more too. Think she is very underrated. Ditto for the Bunny. Though anytime either of them gets a little traction they seem to then get unlucky with injuries.

Same with Kip in the men's division. He nails that annoying little shit heel role for me whilst still being entertaining to watch.
What's your pleasure?

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #7261 on: May 31, 2023, 01:40:05 pm »
I don't think Jade needs the belt yet, but if Hayter is healed up by then, her taking the belt back off Storm at Wembley would be immense.

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
  • Grew up with Houllier and Rafa teams
« Reply #7262 on: May 31, 2023, 01:49:11 pm »
I am alive and kicking and back in work in London. What a four day bender I had.

Double or Nothing was alright, came off better on PPV I guess as the camera crew can follow Anarchy in the Arena better. Best spot was the Wardlow Swanton Bomb and biggest pop was Statlander return. I thought she was a local hero, she was that over.

Online LiverLuke

• RAWK's Respectable Poster Boy :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7263 on: May 31, 2023, 04:07:40 pm »
managed to get tickets to MITB (not cheap) and so going to that and All In in august. can't wait!

Offline Scottish-Don

• Maggie May, Kez, Kopbird, LFCMunkee and gerrardspetal in any order
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'Cause he's a dedicated follower of fashion
« Reply #7264 on: June 1, 2023, 09:44:40 am »
Dark Side of the Ring started again last night, the first episode is Chris & Tammy.
Follow me on Twitter - @achtung_davie

Online Riquende

• Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #7265 on: June 1, 2023, 12:03:17 pm »
That was some crowd reaction for the Callis segment on Dynamite. I'd have assumed they were piping in extra boos recorded at Goodison if they hadn't show plenty of fans on their feet giving him hell.

Offline damomad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7266 on: June 1, 2023, 08:32:48 pm »
Dark Side of the Ring started again last night, the first episode is Chris & Tammy.

Good episode, wasn't aware of their story. That top rope powerbomb finisher was magnificent.
You're still the one pool where I'd happily drown

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #7267 on: June 1, 2023, 09:38:49 pm »
That was some crowd reaction for the Callis segment on Dynamite. I'd have assumed they were piping in extra boos recorded at Goodison if they hadn't show plenty of fans on their feet giving him hell.

He played it so well too.

That main event was so bad, one of the worst they've done

Offline Tonyh8su

• Tonyign0r35u
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #7268 on: June 2, 2023, 06:50:45 pm »
Don't watch wrestling anymore but I've always been a mark for Don Callis so I'm delighted to read he's doing great work. Would anyone be able to explain why he's getting white hot heat?

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #7269 on: June 2, 2023, 07:11:06 pm »
Don't watch wrestling anymore but I've always been a mark for Don Callis so I'm delighted to read he's doing great work. Would anyone be able to explain why he's getting white hot heat?

Turned on Omega, that's all it took.

Offline Tonyh8su

• Tonyign0r35u
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #7270 on: June 2, 2023, 07:18:03 pm »
Turned on Omega, that's all it took.

Wow haha. Amazing. Wonderful to see someone who always had a great mind for the business and never really "made it" get another opportunity like that. Very cool.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #7271 on: June 4, 2023, 11:51:08 am »
Danielson vs Okada is coming, oh boy.  And likely on the same card as the Omega vs Ospreay rematch.

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7272 on: June 4, 2023, 04:03:55 pm »
Last year was concerned that the card wasn't full of dream matches, was perhaps weak, and it ended up an all timer PPV.

This next one has Omega vs Ospreay and Okada vs Danielson - fucking hell that's some dream matches

Also in AEW/NJPW news, Eddie Kingston is in G1 Climax - from a guy about to retire doing death matches in a guys backyard, to Main Eventing AEW in Heavyweight title matches, and G1 Climax

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #7273 on: June 7, 2023, 05:26:34 pm »
RIP Iron Sheikh. One of the funniest bastards ever.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #7274 on: June 7, 2023, 06:08:42 pm »
Amazed he lasted this long.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7275 on: June 7, 2023, 06:17:33 pm »
RIP

I hope he haunts Hulk Hogan

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #7276 on: June 7, 2023, 06:31:34 pm »
RIP Iron Sheikh. One of the funniest bastards ever.

That's 'fuuukin bullshit'

Sad to hear

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7277 on: June 7, 2023, 06:33:56 pm »
FUCK HULK HOGAN

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #7278 on: June 7, 2023, 06:46:31 pm »
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7279 on: June 7, 2023, 07:07:21 pm »
RIP

I hope he haunts Hulk Hogan

Break his back, make him humble

Surprised he lasted this long, but still a really sad day