Author Topic: Wrestling Thread (AEW, NJPW, WWE, etc) (*)  (Read 466154 times)

Offline stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
Re: Wrestling Thread (AEW, NJPW, WWE, etc) (*)
« Reply #7120 on: April 25, 2023, 10:41:05 am »
Or he simply could have had some time to think and reflect, felt bad about how things turned out and wanted to make amends. I don't think it's beyond the pale to believe this whole episode may have given Punk a bit more sympathy for HHH's side of the fence.

He could have done it any other way. To be honest, I think it's a clear sign to Tony Khan to get his shit together and keep the other people in line, if he wants CM Punk to come back. Not necessarily in terms of CM Punk being about to sign for WWE (which is impossible anyway as he's under contract with AEW) or even being open to signing for them once his AEW-contract runs out, but more in terms of showing Tony that despite all the history and all the nasty stories about Punk's relationship with WWE he might still be open to do something with them even if it's just to piss Tony off for not treating Punk the way he thought he should be treated.

Offline damomad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7121 on: April 25, 2023, 10:41:38 am »
Or he simply could have had some time to think and reflect, felt bad about how things turned out and wanted to make amends. I don't think it's beyond the pale to believe this whole episode may have given Punk a bit more sympathy for HHH's side of the fence.

Really hard to know but that's not beyond the pale at all. Triple H had an awful health scare, Punk maybe heard about that said fuck it life is too short and wanted to bury the hatchet when they were in town.

Bret Hart made amends with both HBK and Vince McMahon, after that I always assume anything is possible in wrestling.
You're still the one pool where I'd happily drown

Online Stockholm Syndrome

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #7122 on: April 25, 2023, 02:10:06 pm »

Someone did raise this, if he is actually looking to work on himself, perhaps he is looking to get closure and apologize to people he wronged. By all accounts he left with no issue either.

He could have done this better though, other than just turning up.

Having said that, AEW talent turn up backstage all the time with no consequence - QT Marshall, Ricky Starks, Shawn Spears, Dustin Rhodes

I think part of the issue is Wrestling Media making a mountain out of a molehill - I don't usually criticize them but Meltzer is directly the man to stir up trouble again with the Punk/Moxley thing just as a deal was to be made for a return. I think we all know Punk was the main culprit of Brawl Out but a lot of people are calling Meltzer out for implying that the Elite are completely faultless and traumatized by the whole affair

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7123 on: April 25, 2023, 03:20:29 pm »
https://twitter.com/stephaniemchase/status/1650857789538074624?cxt=HHwWgIDUgbeag-ktAAAA

All In Seat Map and Pricing. Honestly not bad prices compared to other Wembley events

They are going for a full stadium set up as well,

Offline damomad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7124 on: April 25, 2023, 03:47:53 pm »
https://twitter.com/stephaniemchase/status/1650857789538074624?cxt=HHwWgIDUgbeag-ktAAAA

All In Seat Map and Pricing. Honestly not bad prices compared to other Wembley events

They are going for a full stadium set up as well,

Prices seem ok, I don't see the logic in different prices for the top bowl really though, terrible view from all angles.

Not a chance they are selling out, I'll go for a £30 ticket just to be there (and in case I'm wrong) but will pick up a discount closer to the time.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #7125 on: April 25, 2023, 03:53:14 pm »
P3 or P6 looking a good option.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7126 on: April 25, 2023, 04:04:13 pm »
Prices seem ok, I don't see the logic in different prices for the top bowl really though, terrible view from all angles.

Not a chance they are selling out, I'll go for a £30 ticket just to be there (and in case I'm wrong) but will pick up a discount closer to the time.

Top bowl actually has really good views actually whenever I have gone to Wembley; can see all of the pitch and pretty well actually

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7127 on: April 25, 2023, 04:04:48 pm »
P3 or P6 looking a good option.

Looking at P3, 4, or 5 myself

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #7128 on: April 25, 2023, 10:43:38 pm »
Did any of you who signed up for the pre-sale get a confirmation email or anything?

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
  • Grew up with Houllier and Rafa teams
« Reply #7129 on: April 25, 2023, 11:15:07 pm »
Not yet

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #7130 on: April 25, 2023, 11:29:19 pm »

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7131 on: April 26, 2023, 12:57:53 am »
Did any of you who signed up for the pre-sale get a confirmation email or anything?

No but when I tried again to sign up (because I got no email) it did tell me I had already signed up for it so they were aware

Offline LiverLuke

• RAWK's Respectable Poster Boy :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7132 on: April 26, 2023, 11:27:48 am »
the new championship just screams we can't have Roman lose so the others get a consolation title. If cody wins for example he looks like a right chump.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #7133 on: April 26, 2023, 11:58:13 am »
the new championship just screams we can't have Roman lose so the others get a consolation title. If cody wins for example he looks like a right chump.

Welcome back to Vince booking the show. It's just like he never left

Online Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!! (Although is PC is from the 90s so you'll have to wait a while...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #7134 on: April 26, 2023, 01:14:34 pm »
So, Ticketmaster's pre-sale is apparently Tuesday, and Live Nation's is Thursday. Does that seem weird? Are there only a limited number of tickets reserved for presales, or are the people jumping in Thursday going to find the best seats snapped up already?

Or is one of the dates potentially wrong?
"The nicest thing about quotes is that they give us a nodding acquaintance with the originator which is often socially impressive."

~ Kenneth Williams, with whom I'm noddingly acquainted. Socially impressed?

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
  • Grew up with Houllier and Rafa teams
« Reply #7135 on: April 26, 2023, 01:40:16 pm »
People joining on Thursday/Friday will find a lot of the seats to have been booked up already. There were almost 30k pre-registers and thats assuming 1 pre-reg will only buy 1 ticket each.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2023, 01:52:52 pm by OsirisMVZ »

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #7136 on: April 26, 2023, 01:41:17 pm »
FFS I pre-registered with Live Nation.  Are they still open on Ticketmaster?

EDIT: Wait, no.  Looks like I did it with Ticketmaster.  Phew.

Offline damomad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7137 on: April 26, 2023, 03:05:31 pm »
So, Ticketmaster's pre-sale is apparently Tuesday, and Live Nation's is Thursday. Does that seem weird? Are there only a limited number of tickets reserved for presales, or are the people jumping in Thursday going to find the best seats snapped up already?

Or is one of the dates potentially wrong?

Any big events I've been to, the pre sale usually has some of the less desirable seats/prices, people then rush to buy them not taking the chance to wait another day to get better/cheaper seats.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #7138 on: April 26, 2023, 04:32:57 pm »
Any big events I've been to, the pre sale usually has some of the less desirable seats/prices, people then rush to buy them not taking the chance to wait another day to get better/cheaper seats.

That's interesting, good tip.

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7139 on: April 26, 2023, 09:45:33 pm »
https://news.bloomberglaw.com/daily-labor-report/vince-mcmahon-wwe-sued-by-ex-writer-over-racist-scene-scripts

WWE being sued in relation to unfair dismissal of a black, female, employee, on the basis that she spoke up too much about racist scripts, and some of the ideas for the scripts are absolutely wild

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7140 on: April 26, 2023, 10:38:52 pm »
They included a story of Monsoor claiming that his big secret was that he was behind 9/11

It's frankly shocking that such an idea actually leaves someone's mouth.

This was all around the time Apollo Crews started the Nigerian gimmick with the over-exaggerated accent

Online Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!! (Although is PC is from the 90s so you'll have to wait a while...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #7141 on: April 27, 2023, 08:04:31 am »
Mentioned on Dynamite that the presale codes will be sent out this weekend.
"The nicest thing about quotes is that they give us a nodding acquaintance with the originator which is often socially impressive."

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7142 on: April 27, 2023, 08:11:04 am »
Thought last night was a much better Dynamite just on the basis of some basic things - start off with a great opener and end in a great Main Event, babyfaces coming out to save each other, commentary acknowledgements. Wasn't a perfect episode but much, much better.

Roddy Strong coming in, never really been a guy for me, but he is good in the ring and an ally for Adam Cole so yeah ok. Can be a Trio or Tag when Kyle comes back.

OC is probably the Dynamite MVP this year, putting on awesome TV matches and being a great fighting champ. He has taken the International Title and turned it into the "workrate" title with excellent matches against great talent.

Last week felt like a first draft, this one felt like actually thought out somewhat

So yeah much improved

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7143 on: April 27, 2023, 08:12:20 am »
https://news.bloomberglaw.com/daily-labor-report/vince-mcmahon-wwe-sued-by-ex-writer-over-racist-scene-scripts

WWE being sued in relation to unfair dismissal of a black, female, employee, on the basis that she spoke up too much about racist scripts, and some of the ideas for the scripts are absolutely wild

Also a note from the court papers which was a rumour circulating for the past few months, Stephanie is added as Ms. McMahon, which people are reading in to with the Steph and HHH divorced rumour

Offline damomad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7144 on: April 27, 2023, 06:07:42 pm »
Also a note from the court papers which was a rumour circulating for the past few months, Stephanie is added as Ms. McMahon, which people are reading in to with the Steph and HHH divorced rumour

Test is up there somewhere smiling down.

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7145 on: April 27, 2023, 06:15:59 pm »
First I've heard of that rumour

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7146 on: April 27, 2023, 10:03:15 pm »
First I've heard of that rumour

I've been seeing it since last years Mania when she was going around without a wedding ring

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #7147 on: April 28, 2023, 11:24:37 am »
Takeshita is going to be a made man off the back of this BCC/Elite feud.

Online amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7148 on: April 28, 2023, 11:49:17 am »

Time to play the game uh huh huh!

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7149 on: April 28, 2023, 11:54:38 am »
Takeshita is going to be a made man off the back of this BCC/Elite feud.

I certainly hope so, because he is a legitimate prodigy.

A guy who does his university dissertation on the German Suplex deserves the world in my eyes.

Seen the argument made that he should win the Owen Tournament given how important an aspect foreign wrestling was to Owens career wrestling in Japan, I certainly wouldn't disagree to an argument of Takeshita winning the Owen

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7150 on: April 28, 2023, 11:55:37 am »
Btw to anyone waiting on them, just got my pre-sale code now for All In so they should be going around soon

Offline damomad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7151 on: April 28, 2023, 12:10:13 pm »
Btw to anyone waiting on them, just got my pre-sale code now for All In so they should be going around soon

Cheers, just booked a meeting with myself for 11 on Tuesday :D

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #7152 on: April 28, 2023, 12:27:31 pm »
Yeah we got ours on the 3 accounts we signed up with.  Girlfriend is already trying to get that day as WFH.

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Feels shivers when he looks a Trquarista's...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7153 on: April 29, 2023, 09:25:58 am »
OC's just great. The lazy slaps and then turning up for the wrong interview at the end cracked me up. I always dread that he's going to grow stale but they've clearly got enough confidence in him to have constantly open Dynamite. The International Championship's in a much more interesting place than the TNT belt.
Football without fans is nothing.

We've won 18 titles, 5 European Cups, 7 FA Cups, but today must be the greatest victory of all.

Online Riquende

• Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #7154 on: May 2, 2023, 08:09:43 am »
First of the All In ticket days then...

I re-arranged my week to have today WFH to get it sorted, logged into Ticketmaster a few moments ago and noticed there was a special VIP presale starting at 9am. Then a minute later I got an email from FITE with a code for that presale thanks to my AEW subscription... so if you're also an AEW FITE subscriber then keep an eye out for that (I generally don't bother looking at their emails).

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #7155 on: May 2, 2023, 09:10:30 am »
We're trying that now and the system is garbage.  You can't see what seat it's allocated you, wtf is this.

Online Riquende

• Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #7156 on: May 2, 2023, 09:24:39 am »
We're trying that now and the system is garbage.  You can't see what seat it's allocated you, wtf is this.

Yeah, the most you can do is specify the price you want and what level of the stadium it is. I looked at a map beforehand and had marked out which blocks I'd be okay with, took a good few refreshes before I got offered seats there so took them.

As I'm booked up now I've got two regular 11am presale codes going if anyone wants them.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #7157 on: May 2, 2023, 09:25:44 am »
We're going to take a massive risk and wait till the Ticketmaster pre-sale.  They might have better sections available.

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7158 on: May 2, 2023, 09:38:41 am »
I'm a little worried now because I have a meeting at 11 so I will have to jump on after that, hope it isn't too bad

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #7159 on: May 2, 2023, 10:38:49 am »
Got our tickets, 110.