Author Topic: Fabinho  (Read 891055 times)

Offline shank94

• Currently at minus 10 and falling...
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Fabinho
« Reply #7680 on: May 3, 2023, 03:32:41 am »
I agree. I hope we sell Fab this summer whilst he still has decent value. He’s not right for a Klopp team anymore. Lost vital recovery pace, can’t press like he used to, and gets done on the turn time and time again. There’s still a good player there, just not one for a high intensity system we play.

We don't have the budget for Bellingham.

Keita, Ox, Milner leave for free. Arthur goes back home.

We sell Fab for a decent value as you want, probably for 30m if we are lucky.

We are left with Henderson, Thiago, Curtis, Elliot, Bajetic + 35m. Give me a consistent midfield out of that which finishes top 4 let alone race for the title or CL. Let me also know if you think Bajetic is ready for a full PL season and whether Elliot and Curtis are good enough to start for LFC consistently and if Hendo still deserves the arm band or Thiago can play 4 games in a row. Make a Title winning midfield out of that lol

I am going mad with people wanting to sell moving pieces of the team when dead and rubber are stealing for a living in a club that struggles with money for signings.
Everyone knows it's Shanks, Shank is part of my name.

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7681 on: May 3, 2023, 04:49:02 am »
Can’t blame Robbo for that as a defender your job is to defend the goal you are basically saying let Williams have a free shot and I guarantee if he did that and it goes in people wouldn’t be ok with that.

The problem was with this daft system we are playing with Robbo tucked in if we get counted on that far side is wide open it’s far too risky for me.

City can get away with it as they play more of a low risk passing game and are better than everyone at keeping the ball.
Havnt checked this thread in a minute but if scoring from 25 yards out from where Williams' did and Alisson Clear Line of sight then that on Alisson or it a rocket into the top corner pretty sure the last one like that was Laurto Martinez in the CL last season could be wrong though(the outside foot into the top corner) that just throw ur hands one. Alisson rarely allows goalies from out the box that was not deflected.

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7682 on: May 3, 2023, 04:49:47 am »
nope - we play West Ham on Wednesday.
That was fully rest 3 days rest is full rest. the Fulham and Brentford games are on short rest.

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7683 on: May 3, 2023, 04:55:55 am »
Yeah - so Fabinho has never added much 'on the ball' beyond what a lot of premier league players would in a similar role so you're playing him the team because of off the ball / defensive ability .. without that being elite you wouldn't have him in the midfield because there are better options.
I agree with your first point - he can still look decent when on the front foot, but that's a classic case of a player being over the hill physically - when they have to turn or recover they struggle (Mark Noble the last 7 years of his career :))
Fabinho ability to play the ball under pressure and pass well there is very good. He not going progress the ball much more then avg but he good at keeping under pressure and passing it there.
His defensive has a looked better in the new system, I lean staff probably happier with what he can do then replace him, we will see though. He not even 30 yet and his likely replacement already played for the first team, generally in that situation the club has not brought somebody for that position. See Gini/Elliott(different roles but position wise with having Thiago also Jones there too). Clyne/Trent the other one. Doak/Gordon from Salah may be also be one but there for another year or 2 away

Online Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7684 on: May 3, 2023, 01:48:06 pm »
We don't have the budget for Bellingham.

Keita, Ox, Milner leave for free. Arthur goes back home.

We sell Fab for a decent value as you want, probably for 30m if we are lucky.

We are left with Henderson, Thiago, Curtis, Elliot, Bajetic + 35m. Give me a consistent midfield out of that which finishes top 4 let alone race for the title or CL. Let me also know if you think Bajetic is ready for a full PL season and whether Elliot and Curtis are good enough to start for LFC consistently and if Hendo still deserves the arm band or Thiago can play 4 games in a row. Make a Title winning midfield out of that lol

I am going mad with people wanting to sell moving pieces of the team when dead and rubber are stealing for a living in a club that struggles with money for signings.

I hear you. If we bring in 3 midfielders at the beginning of the transfer window and integrate them properly, then I’d want Fabinho sold. But of course, not if we drag our heels like the previous window. I also think Millie may get an extra year to help the midfield transition process.

All I know is I can’t suffer another season of this version of Fabinho as our starting DM, and I have a hunch he wouldn’t want to warm the bench for a season. I loved old Fabinho but I think that player is now gone.
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Online peachybum

• orangeyface
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7685 on: May 3, 2023, 05:00:36 pm »
I'd love for us to keep Fab around but move him to centre back. IF we're going to continue with this hybrid system where we play 3 at the back when we have possession then Fab would be a good option as the right sided centre back. He doesn't have the legs to play in our midfield anymore but he's played right back and centre back in his career. It might be where we get the best value out the rest of his contract because i don't see anybody paying a fee for him.
I wanna be like Jurgen Klopp

Online SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7686 on: May 3, 2023, 05:33:39 pm »
I'd love for us to keep Fab around but move him to centre back. IF we're going to continue with this hybrid system where we play 3 at the back when we have possession then Fab would be a good option as the right sided centre back. He doesn't have the legs to play in our midfield anymore but he's played right back and centre back in his career. It might be where we get the best value out the rest of his contract because i don't see anybody paying a fee for him.
nah -- as Trent continues switching to midfield, the last thing we need is a CB who can't cover the space he leaves.

Online Tobelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7687 on: May 3, 2023, 09:59:44 pm »
Thought he was one of our best tonight particularly in the 1st half,been critical of him lately and still think he can't live with quick nimble dribblers anymore and cover ground as he did but was more like his old self out there,nicking balls from behind and being tight to his player.

Good to see,well done Fab.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #7688 on: May 3, 2023, 10:00:36 pm »
Was alright, but really does look like an old man out there sometimes.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7689 on: May 3, 2023, 10:00:40 pm »
Thought he was one of our best tonight particularly in the 1st half,been critical of him lately and still think he can't live with quick nimble dribblers anymore and cover ground as he did but was more like his old self out there,nicking balls from behind and being tight to his player.

Not convinced. Again players dribble past him with ease.

Offline kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7690 on: May 3, 2023, 10:09:55 pm »

Yeah I thought he was good too, or much improved at least. Just kept it simple and always found a red shirt, no bookings either.

Offline shank94

• Currently at minus 10 and falling...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7691 on: May 3, 2023, 10:11:34 pm »
Love how Trent put him under pressure several times. Thiagoesque from Trent making sure Fab plays it quick.
Everyone knows it's Shanks, Shank is part of my name.

Offline 1892tillforever

• "Just call me................daddy.............!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Either the curtains go or I do
« Reply #7692 on: May 3, 2023, 10:12:47 pm »
Not convinced. Again players dribble past him with ease.
This is true. On the plus side, he won far more tackles than normal tonight.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7693 on: May 3, 2023, 10:13:22 pm »
Definitely been much improved with the ball in the last two games I've seen him in (missed Spurs). But his counterpart Palinha showed the benefit of a 6 that can influence the game through winning/challenging physically, and turning the ball over. Was like turning back the clock.

Only four more games now with this midfield luckily, because it took good performances from the back 5 to maintain the clean sheet, as the protection in front of them gradually turned towards non existent by the second half

Offline Judge Red

• Kopite
« Reply #7694 on: May 3, 2023, 10:25:29 pm »
Thought he was much better tonight. Was put in some tricky spots by his team mates but still managed to retain composure and lay it off with precision. He sprayed a few decent through balls too which was pleasing to see. Not a vintage Fab performance by any stretch but dcent enough to help secure 3 points

Offline macmanamanaman

• S art Arse.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Robbie Returns!
« Reply #7695 on: May 3, 2023, 10:28:57 pm »
good today!
"A Football team is like a Piano: You need 8 people to carry it and 3 to play the damn thing" - Shankly

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7696 on: May 3, 2023, 10:29:55 pm »
Definitely been much improved with the ball in the last two games I've seen him in (missed Spurs). But his counterpart Palinha showed the benefit of a 6 that can influence the game through winning/challenging physically, and turning the ball over. Was like turning back the clock.

Only four more games now with this midfield luckily, because it took good performances from the back 5 to maintain the clean sheet, as the protection in front of them gradually turned towards non existent by the second half

Agree completely.

Online Haggis36

• purveyor of better gifs than trendisnotdestiny
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7697 on: May 3, 2023, 10:31:13 pm »
This is true. On the plus side, he won far more tackles than normal tonight.

I saw a lot of this in the HT and FT threads but he won 2 tackles, which to be fair is better than the zero he won against Spurs but I wouldn't say that was a vintage DM performance (Palhinha by comparison had a whopping 7). He also got waltzed past like he wasn't there a fair few times and struggled to keep up with play when Fulham were pushing on the break.

He was very good in possession though, kept it well under pressure numerous times. His positioning was odd tonight, almost looked like he was playing as a #10 at times.

Offline Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #7698 on: May 3, 2023, 11:15:09 pm »
Palhinha gave him the shimmy from a standing start which ended up with Jones having to give away a dangerous free kick if I remember correctly and Mo had to almost push him out of the way when he was tracking back because Fabinho could barely move.

There's gotta be more here than he is just Sanchez mk.II. It's so odd.

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7699 on: May 3, 2023, 11:28:24 pm »
Palhinha gave him the shimmy from a standing start which ended up with Jones having to give away a dangerous free kick if I remember correctly and Mo had to almost push him out of the way when he was tracking back because Fabinho could barely move.

There's gotta be more here than he is just Sanchez mk.II. It's so odd.
I remember that moment you're talking about where Mo almost pushed him running faster, was almost comedic (there was another occasion he and Hendo dived in back to back first half, and ended up yards away from the ball or the player)

I dunno, I think just go with Occam's razor and he's just worn the tread off the tyres. But it's good to see some of the technique with the ball at his feet return in recent games

Offline redmark

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7700 on: May 3, 2023, 11:32:50 pm »

He's looked sharper mentally in the last few games so is better positioned to make those challenges and he's been using the ball better. But the lack of athleticism is there to see when someone wrongfoots him, or he tries to turn away from an opponent and they can turn and recover quicker than he can catch up to his own touch. If there's an underlying fitness issue, he might have a season or two of usefulness if he has a good summer training. If it's age related, he's a pretty expensive and limited option in a position that needs an upgrade.
Stop whining : https://spiritofshankly.com/ : https://thefsa.org.uk/join/ : https://reclaimourgame.com/
The focus now should not be on who the owners are, but limits on what owners can do without formal supporter agreement. At all clubs.

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #7701 on: May 3, 2023, 11:56:39 pm »
Better again, looking more switched on than he was a few weeks ago, other players starting to trust him again
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #7702 on: May 4, 2023, 12:07:00 pm »
A fine game last night.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline Lofty Ambitions

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7703 on: May 4, 2023, 12:31:55 pm »
Rebuild in progress 93% completed.
The Boy from Brazil!
Redeem us in your stone arms
Float like Papillon
Transfer Haiku by Bud P Austin

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #7704 on: May 6, 2023, 09:02:35 pm »
I think he was our best player today ..
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline A Red Abroad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We had dreams and songs to sing
« Reply #7705 on: May 6, 2023, 09:03:57 pm »
I think he was our best player today ..

I agree.

I think the way Brentford were playing allowed him to play his 'normal' game.

He looked good.

:)
My marmoset, to get things done,
You fell in Loch Ness with Major Tom.

Offline Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7706 on: May 6, 2023, 09:58:52 pm »
Guess it’s opinions but I can’t for the life of see how he was our best player, he’s so slow to everything in defence, so easy to bypass with a simple one two.

He’s got half less of the pitch to cover and he still chases shadows.

Online SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7707 on: May 6, 2023, 10:13:45 pm »
That was fully rest 3 days rest is full rest. the Fulham and Brentford games are on short rest.

since when is 3 days "full rest"?  says who?

"full rest" is a week not 3 effing days.

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7708 on: May 6, 2023, 10:16:36 pm »
Guess it’s opinions but I can’t for the life of see how he was our best player, he’s so slow to everything in defence, so easy to bypass with a simple one two.

He’s got half less of the pitch to cover and he still chases shadows.
I mostly agree with your opinion.  He was always likely to be stretched today though as we played a front four and the only other midfielder was Curtis Jones (not renowned for his positional discipline).

Brentford have lots of hard running players and Fabinho was frequently half a yard off their pace.

He's still a very good player and it's possible he may look back to his old self if paired with different midfielders.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #7709 on: May 6, 2023, 10:19:17 pm »
There was one moment in the second half, can’t remember the minute, but Brentford played a pass into the vacant right back area. It seemed a 50/50 between Fabinho and the Brentford player but within a few seconds it was clear he wasn’t going to get anywhere near the ball and he just gave up and took a more defensive position.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline Wingman

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7710 on: May 6, 2023, 10:31:47 pm »
There was one moment in the second half, can’t remember the minute, but Brentford played a pass into the vacant right back area. It seemed a 50/50 between Fabinho and the Brentford player but within a few seconds it was clear he wasn’t going to get anywhere near the ball and he just gave up and took a more defensive position.

… and that proves what exactly?

Brentford had a player on the pitch who was quicker than Fab

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #7711 on: May 6, 2023, 10:35:14 pm »
… and that proves what exactly?

Brentford had a player on the pitch who was quicker than Fab
More like he didn’t have the legs to make the ground up and he knew it. It was like watching an octogenarian for a moment.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline Bread

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7712 on: May 6, 2023, 10:36:14 pm »
Booked for having the audacity to time a tackle to perfection today. Just like what used to happen to the old Fabinho.

Offline redmark

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7713 on: May 6, 2023, 10:36:23 pm »
He's been improved recently, but thought he struggled a bit today, not unexpectedly against a strong physical team.
Stop whining : https://spiritofshankly.com/ : https://thefsa.org.uk/join/ : https://reclaimourgame.com/
The focus now should not be on who the owners are, but limits on what owners can do without formal supporter agreement. At all clubs.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7714 on: May 6, 2023, 11:13:52 pm »
Great cross for the goal. Thought he did well today.

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7715 on: May 7, 2023, 01:59:16 am »
He's been improved recently, but thought he struggled a bit today, not unexpectedly against a strong physical team.
Agreed. Got himself caught out in some odd situations too (if anyone looks back at the disallowed goal, look out for Fabinho on the left flank - so out of position he barely has time to consider running and also reacts to the worrying situation like a fan!).

The foul just before his booking, which led to the Toney free kick on the ground, wasn't a bad one to give away as Allison wasn't set in position and there wasn't going to be pressure in time. Was a little worried when he kicked the ball away after half time, on a yellow, but luckily wasn't called (and it wasn't too egregious - plus refs mostly seem to have given up booking those). His best defensive moment though was the brave header right at the end of the game, where he risked a kick to the face.

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7716 on: May 7, 2023, 04:45:09 am »
since when is 3 days "full rest"?  says who?

"full rest" is a week not 3 effing days.
72 hours recovery time is generally considered the min to full recovery from the game before. There a reason Managers don't like wed game then sat turnaround(reason Other leagues when teams have games are on tues they play on friday too) but are fine with wed and sun turnaround. Fulham and Brentford where the game on less then full recovery. Now will have full recovery for all the last 3 game

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7717 on: May 7, 2023, 08:15:52 am »
More like he didn’t have the legs to make the ground up and he knew it. It was like watching an octogenarian for a moment.
I haven't seen it so would need to watch it but going by your description... isn't that a good thing?

If the options are, knowing you aren't going to make it and... trying anyway or taking up a more defensive position, that comes across as good decision making. It's ridiculous when players over commit knowing they aren't getting there, reposition and dont take yourself completely out of the passage of play, allow yourself to still effect the game

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7718 on: May 7, 2023, 11:10:21 am »
I haven't seen it so would need to watch it but going by your description... isn't that a good thing?

If the options are, knowing you aren't going to make it and... trying anyway or taking up a more defensive position, that comes across as good decision making. It's ridiculous when players over commit knowing they aren't getting there, reposition and dont take yourself completely out of the passage of play, allow yourself to still effect the game
In isolation it might sound like at least doing some decent harm minimisation like you say, but on this occasion he actually ended up leaving the player to van dijk (who was further away) and despite dropping into the middle of the box he didn't position himself to block the ball to either of the runners

Offline A-Bomb

• Garlic Butter Coming. Isn’t as good as Divock Origi. Can we sell him?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7719 on: May 15, 2023, 10:13:42 pm »
Massive shout out the Fabs tonight, he's taken a lot of flack this year but tonight he was excellent.