Author Topic: Fabinho  (Read 890963 times)

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Fabinho
« Reply #7800 on: July 14, 2023, 04:52:37 pm »
to be fair to Alli, it's not actually proven in his case. I think he's been supportive of some dodgy evangelical christians, some of whom came out in public support of Bolsonaro

I've not seen anything public or open from Allison about Bolsonaro (I'm not saying that it doesn't exist though, every chance I've just not seen it).

brazilian politics is complex though - as the saying goes, 'brazil is not for beginners'

https://tribuna.com/en/news/liverpoolfc-2020-02-14-alisson-explains-why-he-supports-controversial-brazilian-president-bolsonaro/

I think it’s more that he was against the previous government.

"I believe that people preach a lot of freedom of speech, but they don’t know how to respect the opinion of others," the shot-stopper told Folha de Sao Paolo via Sport Witness.
"We have lived years where the left-wing has economically sunk the country. They did good things, they mainly helped the poorest, but what was the goal? What they did badly was much more serious than the positive things.

More on Tribuna.com:
https://tribuna.com/en/news/liverpoolfc-2020-02-14-alisson-explains-why-he-supports-controversial-brazilian-president-bolsonaro/?utm_source=copy
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline FLRed67

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #7801 on: July 14, 2023, 07:55:34 pm »
You know that big bear of a man we love in goals is also a Bolsanaro supporter.  :P

Oh, you take an interest in Brazilian politics, do you? That's cool.

Then undoubtedly you can explain to us who Bolsonaro's political opponent was, and why so many "fashist"  Braziians, including those football players and their silly "fashist" wives, were opposed to him? And which element in Brazilian society bought and paid for this political opponent, and how many different Brazilian courts and judges subsequently found him guilty, unanimously, of serious crimes, only for him to be suddenly released and exonerated, and by whom?

No? I thought not.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2023, 08:04:03 pm by FLRed67 »

Offline FLRed67

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7802 on: July 14, 2023, 08:02:12 pm »
She also very bluntly told some fans Fabinho was going nowhere this season when they were saying he should be sold at the end of last season. Wonder how her backtracking will go if this goes ahead. She loves writing YNWA and This Means More on her insta, she might have to change it to This Means More...Money.

Imagine that - a wife wading into social media to take on the "experts in Brazilian politics" and stick up for her husband.

Hopefully she can settle her differences with these tough guy virtue signalers when she next runs into them in the women's changing rooms at her favourite boutique.

My money's on Rebeca.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2023, 08:04:29 pm by FLRed67 »

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7803 on: July 14, 2023, 08:22:26 pm »
Is this all off the back of her following the lives of some of her most loved people or is there more to it ?
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #7804 on: July 14, 2023, 10:48:39 pm »
Imagine that - a wife wading into social media to take on the "experts in Brazilian politics" and stick up for her husband.

Hopefully she can settle her differences with these tough guy virtue signalers when she next runs into them in the women's changing rooms at her favourite boutique.

My money's on Rebeca.

Don’t know if this is a troll account or not but this is either intentional or unintentional comedy genius

I’m going to be mentally unpacking how Rebecca runs into her tough guy virtue singaling critics at her favorite boutique for the rest of the night 😂

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #7805 on: July 15, 2023, 01:04:47 am »

My money's on Rebeca.

I have no idea what you're talking about, I never mentioned politics or virtue signallers and especially not boutiques. ;D I was just pointing out that while sticking up for her husband she was adamant they were happy and wanting to stay at Liverpool yet this now seemed to have changed when the Saudis flashed their cash. 
« Last Edit: July 15, 2023, 01:06:52 am by redgriffin73 »
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan

Offline Songs to Sing

• Legacy Fan
  • ...Hold your head up high He made the people happy
« Reply #7807 on: July 15, 2023, 11:03:32 am »
Not travelling to Germany apparently
-Rafael Benitez 03/06/2010: "Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone." No, thank you, you wondeful, humble, gracious man. You fought for us for years and won't be forgotten.-
The 5th Benitle

Offline Spanish Al

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7808 on: July 15, 2023, 11:13:18 am »
He’s a gonner. Hopeful we have his replacement already lined up and that’ll be done and dusted quickly so they can join the squad over there.
Rafa Benitez: "I’ll always keep in my heart the good times I’ve had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager."

Offline RogerTheRed

• Danke Juergen
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • There's a golden sky on the way
« Reply #7809 on: July 15, 2023, 11:15:45 am »
Seems like he is on his way. Hendo travels so maybe he stays? Next incoming significant now. We have £40m more than expected
Come On You Mighty Scouse Reds!!

Offline amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7810 on: July 15, 2023, 11:16:26 am »
Real shame his form dropped off a cliff and he’s not going to be around for as long as we all expected. That being said, it’s a deal we can’t refuse at this present stage and best for all parties.

Offline Oskar

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7811 on: July 15, 2023, 11:18:59 am »
Thought he had something left in the tank, if not necessarily the level that he was at before last season.

Good riddance if he wants the easy payday. Grateful for the part he played in some of the best experiences I've had as a Liverpool supporter.

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7812 on: July 15, 2023, 11:30:15 am »
So Fabinho won’t be with us next year. He gave us some wonderful years and wish him luck. The time is right for both parties imo.

I’m excited for us to fully commit to a top class new dm.
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7813 on: July 15, 2023, 11:31:30 am »
Great offer and we are absolutely correct to accept.

Offline Gili Gulu

• Looking forward to seeing the Golden Sky
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7814 on: July 15, 2023, 11:31:47 am »
The £40m quid should cover most of his replacement, plus they will presumably be on lower wages.
Gili Gulu. (嘰哩咕嚕) means saying something no-one understands but yourself; a little rambling or a silly language between friends

Offline Redric1970

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7815 on: July 15, 2023, 11:37:57 am »
The £40m quid should cover most of his replacement, plus they will presumably be on lower wages.

Yep lavia or go big and bag caicedo

Offline djschembri

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7816 on: July 15, 2023, 11:47:32 am »
Good luck Fabinho.
When he was announced off the back of the UCL defeat in Kiev, you knew that the club were determined to push on to become a dominant force once again. To get his best years and recoup the money we paid for him is also a great deal for the club.

Wish him all the best

Offline Passmaster Molby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7817 on: July 15, 2023, 11:48:13 am »
Very good deal all round, it’s clear Fabinho’s legs are gone and we need energy in that midfield. Wish him well and thanks for the service as in his prime he was brilliant.

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7818 on: July 15, 2023, 11:56:16 am »
£40m is a great deal for us, the club must've been shocked when the offer came through. Good move for Fabinho too, getting the chance to play in a slower league and being able to be himself again.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #7819 on: July 15, 2023, 12:03:20 pm »
Get his best years and then sell for a profit when his legs go.

That is great business. Not letting them lose their legs on your pitch and then hobble around until their contract expires on exorbitant wages.

Now we can replace him.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Guz-kop

• Baz cop
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7820 on: July 15, 2023, 12:09:54 pm »
£40m is a great deal for us, the club must've been shocked when the offer came through. Good move for Fabinho too, getting the chance to play in a slower league and being able to be himself again.

It's the sort of squad evolution people have asked for over the years. Sell as soon as past best and offers are available. Of course it's mad it happens in the same summer we buy 2 or 3 other midfielders and that's a result of not doing anything last year.

No idea who we'll get in. Wouldn't be surprised if it's not someone that's been linked so far. One experienced and one younger "project" is probably the way to go.

Hopefully we learn the lessons of this from last year's inactivity and don't forget to get a new defender this summer. Bit of unexpected cash may help in that regard
It's wonderful, it's marvellous, it's 3-3

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7821 on: July 15, 2023, 12:34:41 pm »
It’s a shame the source of the money is horrific but from a footballing point of view it’s a gift from the gods

Despite the denial from some fans he’s totally shot at the top level … and had 3 years left at 200k a week??!!! - it was a huge problem for us

The level to which we haven’t haggled and bitten their hand off tells you everything you need to know about where we think he’s at as a player

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7822 on: July 15, 2023, 12:34:42 pm »
I hope we get the money up front. Did they watch Fabinho last season? Incredible money. Thanks for the memories

Offline Agent99

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7823 on: July 15, 2023, 12:38:14 pm »
Just a shame this didn't happen sooner so we could have looked at some DMs who have already moved this summer.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7824 on: July 15, 2023, 12:39:44 pm »
Just a shame this didn't happen sooner so we could have looked at some DMs who have already moved this summer.

Agree but that was our conscious choice - would’ve been where I’d started but they wanted to go a different route
Still plenty of talent in the market to go and get … and not hard to upgrade on Fabinho of last year even with a player that isn’t totally ready

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #7825 on: July 15, 2023, 12:43:20 pm »
It’s a shame the source of the money is horrific but from a footballing point of view it’s a gift from the gods

Despite the denial from some fans he’s totally shot at the top level … and had 3 years left at 200k a week??!!! - it was a huge problem for us

The level to which we haven’t haggled and bitten their hand off tells you everything you need to know about where we think he’s at as a player

Up there with getting our money back on Benteke as a great sale if it goes through. A peak Fabinho is very tough to replace but he's not that player now.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline xbugawugax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7826 on: July 15, 2023, 12:54:43 pm »
as shocked as the speed when he signed for us as the price we are getting him now

at his peak, he was one of the best DMs in the world and PL.

looks like we need a new lighthouse soon.

thanks and all the best Fab

Offline Barrow Shaun

• Legacy Fan
  • Off the coach, through the park.....
« Reply #7827 on: July 15, 2023, 01:11:34 pm »
Up there with getting our money back on Benteke as a great sale if it goes through. A peak Fabinho is very tough to replace but he's not that player now.

What was Benteke again - bought for 32-35m and sold for 30m or something? I forget now.
officially accepted RAWK source of information

Offline Gili Gulu

• Looking forward to seeing the Golden Sky
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7828 on: July 15, 2023, 01:33:44 pm »

I think Arsenal have massively over-paid for Rice, and anyone paying what Southampton and Brighton are asking for Lavia and Caicedo will be doing the same.

I think this is one of the more exchangeable roles we have in the squad, our DM will play pretty much the same way as he would for his current team, that's not quite the same for other roles in the team like full-backs, or forwards. Our CBs are left alone one-on-one far more than most teams so we need to be far more selective with them.

Just an improvement in stamina and pace in front of our defence will outweigh any initial teething problems.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2023, 01:37:12 pm by Gili Gulu »
Gili Gulu. (嘰哩咕嚕) means saying something no-one understands but yourself; a little rambling or a silly language between friends

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7829 on: July 15, 2023, 01:39:59 pm »

I would say we probably haven't haggled because we told the Saudis we want £40 million for him and likely can't believe they've just agreed to it. I reckon we'd have sold for less.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
« Reply #7830 on: July 15, 2023, 01:41:05 pm »
Ok this is just transfer talk now. Over to the transfer thread please and thank you :wave

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #7831 on: July 31, 2023, 09:11:05 pm »
Transfer now official. Announcement video of Fabinho's signing, from the official Ittihad FC account - https://twitter.com/ittihad/status/1686100407506833409

^ 'Welcome Fabinho' - from https://twitter.com/ittihad_en/status/1686101863383404544

Fabinho's 'goodbye to Liverpool' video and message: www.instagram.com/reel/CvX83X3sCIu/?igshid=NjIwNzIyMDk2Mg%3D%3D

« Last Edit: July 31, 2023, 09:26:06 pm by oojason »
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline HardworkDedication

• Hardwork and Dedication linked to many stories - Mingebag. Has no opinion of his own. Human news ticker tape.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7832 on: July 31, 2023, 09:12:08 pm »
Fabinho
@_fabinhotavares

Today I leave my home. It's been five years wearing this jersey and always with the greatest honor and happiness possible. Since day one at Liverpool, I've been embraced by everyone. What I saw inside this club, the relationship between the people there, made me feel like family. In these five years, I grew as a player, as a man, I made dreams come true… With that jersey, I won every title a player can dream of. Premier League, Champions League, FA Cup, League Cup… Thanks to Liverpool, I reached my highest level and played a World Cup. Thanks to Liverpool, I fulfilled my dream of walking into a stadium with my son in my arms. Thanks to Liverpool, I played in the best stadium in the world, with the best atmosphere in the world, which is Anfield. Thanks to Liverpool, I lived the biggest match of my life, the comeback against Barcelona, ​​which was only possible thanks to Anfield. That moment will always be in my memory. I love what this crowd represents for the club. This love relationship between the club and the fans has always impressed me. And I can say without fear that “You’ll never walk alone”, after that match, alongside our fans, was the most defining moment of my career with Liverpool. I say this with a heart full of joy: I love this club. Thank you, Reds, for everything we've experienced together. You will never walk alone. #YNWA ❤️🙏🏾

https://twitter.com/_fabinhotavares/status/1686105339215679488

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #7833 on: July 31, 2023, 09:18:37 pm »
Bye bye.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline PIPA23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7834 on: July 31, 2023, 09:20:28 pm »
To bad it did not work out as he was incredible in his first 4 seasons with us… great time to sell from the clubs perspective.

Thanks for everything Stan

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #7835 on: July 31, 2023, 09:21:02 pm »
Was the best dm around for a while, an integral part of the last few years, loved watching him play.

Just a shame that this too is how it ends with him, sodding off to the Saudi league  ::)

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7836 on: July 31, 2023, 09:23:30 pm »
At this rate they'll be able to field an ex LFC 11.

Money
It's a gas
Grab that cash with both hands and make a stash

Money
Get back
I'm alright, Jack, keep your hands off of my stack
Money
It's a hit
Don't give me that do goody good bullshit

Money
So they say
Is the root of all evil today
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7837 on: July 31, 2023, 09:24:21 pm »
Won't say good luck to him or anything but what a signing he was. Shame about last season but for 3.5/4 years, he was one of the best around.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Sat1

• Banned
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7838 on: July 31, 2023, 09:24:25 pm »
Was brilliant for us.

All the best

Offline Ste08

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7839 on: July 31, 2023, 09:28:39 pm »
A deal thats suits everybody. All the best Fabinho.