Author Topic: Fabinho  (Read 894349 times)

Online Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Fabinho
« Reply #7480 on: March 1, 2023, 10:09:46 pm »
Very good tonight, pressing and tackling much improved.

Online RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7481 on: March 1, 2023, 10:11:01 pm »
He was excellent tonight, snapping into tackles, pressing high, intercepting, we need this Fab back consistently as it makes so much difference.

The yellow was a joke and I really dont know what he was expected to do

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7482 on: March 1, 2023, 10:11:44 pm »
Very good tonight, pressing and tackling much improved.
Yea he much better in a MF that was compact, had other playing in tight spaces not having to cover a lot of spaces.
Glad finally saw him in a MF wo Henderson

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #7483 on: March 1, 2023, 10:14:21 pm »
It’s not a coincidence that both him and Hendo have played better when they’ve not been playing game after game. Same with Tsimikas tonight, we’ve got to use the squad more
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline didi shamone

• Too old for fighting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7484 on: March 1, 2023, 10:14:55 pm »
He was excellent tonight, snapping into tackles, pressing high, intercepting, we need this Fab back consistently as it makes so much difference.

The yellow was a joke and I really dont know what he was expected to do

He jumped out of the way of a studs up tackle. Tierney was obviously unhappy he didn't plant his feet and get his ankle broken.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #7485 on: March 1, 2023, 10:22:30 pm »
He jumped out of the way of a studs up tackle. Tierney was obviously unhappy he didn't plant his feet and get his ankle broken.
I think referees have had his card marked ever since that foul on the Brighton player. Seems to get booked earlier than normal now.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7486 on: March 1, 2023, 10:36:03 pm »
I think it was for landing on him with studs(Obv he was trying to avoid it) but yea better call foul, no yellow there whichever way your calling it

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #7487 on: March 1, 2023, 10:41:28 pm »
Coming into form at a good time?

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7488 on: March 1, 2023, 11:01:19 pm »
more flashes tonight of the Fab we know and love.

Offline didi shamone

• Too old for fighting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7489 on: March 2, 2023, 12:40:26 am »
I think it was for landing on him with studs(Obv he was trying to avoid it) but yea better call foul, no yellow there whichever way your calling it

It was a ridiculous decision  but that'll be on Tierneys headstone.
Anyway nice to see Fab looking something like himself again.

Online Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7490 on: March 2, 2023, 12:58:41 am »
Better from Fab
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline rolla

• Main Stander
« Reply #7491 on: March 2, 2023, 03:19:58 am »
It’s not a coincidence that both him and Hendo have played better when they’ve not been playing game after game. Same with Tsimikas tonight, we’ve got to use the squad more

Agreed. They also both look better without the other on the pitch.  Neither are bad players but they really don't compliment each other at the moment.

Offline Sharado

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7492 on: March 2, 2023, 07:18:32 am »

After Sunday I think we're on one game a week (assuming we go out to Madrid). That's....helpful, I'd say.
Football, like life, isn't about getting what you want or even deserve. It's about appreciating what you have.

Offline liverbloke

• Prototype RAWK Genius. Founder of stickysheets.com and prefers it solo. Gotta hand it to him, eh?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • i neither know nor care
« Reply #7493 on: March 2, 2023, 07:31:17 am »
more flashes tonight of the Fab we know and love.

when your form is poor - or 'playing shit' as is the colloquial terminology - sometimes you try harder and your mistakes are magnified as you can't do good for doing bad

but it was good to see those flashes of old
Quote from: Lee1-6Liv
Who would have thought liverblokes no draws idea would not be his worst idea of the weekend

Offline RedBec1993

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7494 on: March 2, 2023, 08:53:14 am »
He was brilliant last night, reminded me of the fan of last season and the seasons before.

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #7495 on: March 2, 2023, 09:59:21 am »
More oxygen tank for Fab please.

The baby must be doing well.

Rest up for Sunday.
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #7496 on: March 2, 2023, 10:00:38 am »
He played well, but still looks way off his best.  It's been a good run of games in the league for him though.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #7497 on: March 2, 2023, 10:26:02 am »
much better last night

unlucky with the booking, he tried to avoid a wild lunge
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline rolla

• Main Stander
« Reply #7498 on: March 2, 2023, 10:43:46 am »
I feel like Fabs yellow was a bit like the Jota foul prior to the disallowed goal, and in both cases they should have been allowed their snide secondary offence :D. Both knew what they were doing and could have avoided contact if they wanted, but given how the wolves player flew in recklessly (or in Jota's case the shove), why not leave one on them?

Either way it was great to see Fab playing well, I admit that I needed that reminder to restore the faith that he can turn his run around.

Offline Cafe De Paris

• Kopite
  • Up the Red Men
« Reply #7499 on: March 2, 2023, 12:17:26 pm »
When Fab came on against Brighton and managed to look like me playing for Liverpool I was worried for him. But like the team he is taking small steps to getting back to the Fab we all know and luv.
LFC a bastion of invincibility.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #7500 on: March 2, 2023, 12:33:29 pm »
I see scummy Sky Sports are running with a video asking if it should have been a red. No mention that if he didn't step over it then he'd have been taken out by a studs up (and closely following second boot) from their player who was chasing a miss controlled ball.

Offline elkun

• Kopite
« Reply #7501 on: March 2, 2023, 12:45:02 pm »
Yesterday he looked like his old self again. Hopefully he will keep this up

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7502 on: March 2, 2023, 02:30:25 pm »
I see scummy Sky Sports are running with a video asking if it should have been a red. No mention that if he didn't step over it then he'd have been taken out by a studs up (and closely following second boot) from their player who was chasing a miss controlled ball.
Never watch the shite, but that's a fucking disgrace. To show the landing without the challenge is an attempt to deceive and create a false narrative. If they then double down by getting the usual roster of talking heads to give their opinion, and none mention the initial challenge then its even worse.

God knows, we've seen with Salah how media inventions can affect outcomes on the pitch, last thing we need is refs looking to get the card out for Fabinho - he gives enough genuine fouls away without any help from the media.

Offline Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7503 on: March 2, 2023, 03:11:44 pm »
Not sure where that performance came from, but it was promising.
You cannot call overseas Liverpool supporters glory hunters. We’ve won one trophy this decade. If they’re glory hunters, they’re really bad ones. They’re actually journey hunters. It’s the journey and the story. Something about Liverpool has grabbed them." - Neil Atkinson (May, 2019)

"So don’t think about it – just play football.” - Jurgen Klopp

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #7504 on: March 2, 2023, 03:15:13 pm »
Best game he's played all season in my opinion. Didn't think he had that left in him, encouraging.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #7505 on: March 2, 2023, 03:27:28 pm »
Not sure where that performance came from, but it was promising.

I mean it's Wolves ;D

He was good but he was a step above against Real Madrid in the first half so it hasn't come out of no where.
:D

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7506 on: March 2, 2023, 04:00:01 pm »

Hendo hasn't played well for ages in a full match. 20 minute man.

Fab needs runners around him it would seem and that's why he was able to shine last night.

Offline didi shamone

• Too old for fighting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7507 on: March 2, 2023, 04:01:02 pm »
Never watch the shite, but that's a fucking disgrace. To show the landing without the challenge is an attempt to deceive and create a false narrative. If they then double down by getting the usual roster of talking heads to give their opinion, and none mention the initial challenge then its even worse.

God knows, we've seen with Salah how media inventions can affect outcomes on the pitch, last thing we need is refs looking to get the card out for Fabinho - he gives enough genuine fouls away without any help from the media.

With my tinfoil hat on, I'd say on top of when he actually should have been sent off against Brighton, this creates a nice little narrative going into the United game.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #7508 on: March 2, 2023, 04:02:14 pm »
Hendo hasn't played well for ages in a full match. 20 minute man.

Fab needs runners around him it would seem and that's why he was able to shine last night.

If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7509 on: March 2, 2023, 04:49:50 pm »
With my tinfoil hat on, I'd say on top of when he actually should have been sent off against Brighton, this creates a nice little narrative going into the United game.
Agree, the timing is no coincidence.
Obviously we probably all agree that it was a red v Brighton, but last night was no way a yellow. He'll get a booking in the first 20 v Utd, and 2 yellows would not surprise me.

Offline Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #7510 on: March 2, 2023, 05:08:26 pm »
There were still instances of "Bad Fab" but they were outweighed by the "Good Fab" on the whole. I'd agree with most that it's surprising and unexpected. Now can he do it again is the question?

Online Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #7511 on: March 2, 2023, 05:11:24 pm »

It was a better combination last night, interesting when Thiago is back but I hope we see at least 1 pair of highly mobile legs in each game, Elliot especially was busy last night.
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #7512 on: March 5, 2023, 06:36:48 pm »
Need saying that this result was built on the back of an outstanding first half performance  by Fabinho.

“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7513 on: March 5, 2023, 06:38:13 pm »
He was immense, would be huge for us if he can find what he was again, the last few performances but especially today have been very encouraging.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7514 on: March 5, 2023, 06:38:45 pm »
Need saying that this result was built on the back of an outstanding first half performance  by Fabinho.

Agreed. All the talk this morning in transfer thread was about selling him though.

Offline Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7515 on: March 5, 2023, 06:39:09 pm »
Fab and Hendo were magnificent today. Two brilliant performances.

Online Legs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7516 on: March 5, 2023, 06:39:12 pm »

Agreed had a good game today.

Id like to know how they only got 3 yellows ????

Offline y2w902

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7517 on: March 5, 2023, 06:42:08 pm »

He was brilliant today, didn't see the last match but supposedly two on the trot of the old Fabinho, has he found his way back?

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7518 on: March 5, 2023, 06:51:57 pm »
Big credit for to the manager for building his confidence up when many on here so reluctant to see any improvement.

He was great in the first half but also instrumental for the second goal which set it all off. His passing was great today.

I'm not going to say he's back. But he has never been athletic always relied on timing and reading. I remember his first few games here, he looked so off pace, was late to every ball. I don't fully buy the legs are gone, people said the same about Mane before he had his great final season. Get him confident in a functioning team, and its possibly a different player.

Offline didi shamone

• Too old for fighting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7519 on: March 5, 2023, 06:56:04 pm »
Maybe we do have the technology?