Author Topic: Virgil Van Dijk (Cpt)  (Read 1482934 times)

Offline PIPA23

• Legacy Fan
Re: Virgil Van Dijk signs for Liverpool
« Reply #4640 on: March 13, 2019, 10:26:43 pm »
no words...

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4641 on: March 13, 2019, 10:28:22 pm »
Not even a debate of any significance anymore. He's the best. Even Utd fans are saying that now. He's most probably in the top 3 players in the world at the minute he's just that good

Offline wellred82

• Now considers himself properly educated around the significance of his birthday.....
  • Kopite
« Reply #4642 on: March 13, 2019, 10:30:03 pm »
Makes it look so easy

Offline wemmick

• Legacy Fan
  • "Do it half-assed. That's the American Way!"
« Reply #4643 on: March 13, 2019, 10:32:09 pm »
Incredible. Get the feeling he might drag us over the line in the PL and/or CL. This man is here to win.

Offline aw1991

• Legacy Fan
  • Love Firmino, hate bastards
« Reply #4644 on: March 13, 2019, 10:34:49 pm »
If we paid twice the fee, it would still be a bargain.

Offline macmanamanaman

• S art Arse.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Robbie Returns!
« Reply #4645 on: March 13, 2019, 10:35:02 pm »
If we get a decisive pen, I want him to take it. You just know the outcome.
"A Football team is like a Piano: You need 8 people to carry it and 3 to play the damn thing" - Shankly

Offline JayNY

• DoeY
  • Main Stander
« Reply #4646 on: March 13, 2019, 10:36:47 pm »
The brace then the goal tonight, when else did he score? I thought he had 4 total since signing

/

Incredible CB, adding some goals to his game just adds even more for the opposition to worry about. He's sublime and loved the casual head nod as if it was inevitable he was going to net

Wolves away

Offline mrantarctica

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4647 on: March 13, 2019, 10:37:24 pm »
Alisson - VVD - Fabinho : Axis of Steel. We look extremely solid with those 3 fit and in form. VVD is by far the best defender in the game.

Matip, Lovren and Gomez have all looked like world beaters when paired up next to him. He gets everyone playing well.

Make him Captain next season.

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #4648 on: March 13, 2019, 10:47:25 pm »

Colossus.

Take a walk around him.

Fave goal - tonight or the derby winner?

Trick question: they're both like the man himself - utterly gorgeous.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline Betty Blue

• 37.2 deg @ 2am. Big Fat Scaredy Cat. "Tonight Matthew, I will be Lancelot Du Lac!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #4649 on: March 13, 2019, 10:49:31 pm »
Van Dijk has an aura around him that reminds me of watching greats like Zidane. He walks around the field like a man who fears nothing, with a strength of character and a complete belief in his own abilities that not only radiates around him but just about everyone else in red. It's this that sets him out for me. I never thought I would see a defender as good or better than big Sami play in red until this man stepped on the field. Phenomenal player. The best in the world in his position without doubt. 75 million was an absolute bargain.
"Don’t let your heads drop. We’re Liverpool. You’re playing for Liverpool. Don’t forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them." - Rafa Benitez, halftime, Istanbul, 2005.

Offline Andy-oh-six

• Legacy Fan
  • Mr Susan in 'the world of mirrors'...
« Reply #4650 on: March 13, 2019, 10:49:36 pm »
He is everything defensively, now has 4 goals this season, 2 of those being decisive. Could see him scoring 2/3 more decisive goals this season.

Absolute beast

Brilliant if he can add an important goal or two to his game. It’s all about the delivery.
Internet terrorist

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4651 on: March 13, 2019, 10:53:05 pm »
I was watching the match thinking “thank you so much Southampton”. Mane and Van Dijk ... those lot must fucking hate us.

Colossus.
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4652 on: March 13, 2019, 10:55:17 pm »
They got over 100m. They should be kissing our feet. 100m for 2 players for a team with their ambitions should be enough to make them solid midtable, fcuk knows where that money has gone though

Offline Gus 1855

• GusMcLean is a direct descendent of wee Jimmy the Jock McSporran, son of Ally McLeod, voted best Flower of Scotland performer 2003. Changed name in hope of attracting Bridesmaid but he's still Scottish as a Glaswegian deep fried Haggis
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4653 on: March 13, 2019, 10:55:17 pm »
You do fancy if we can put any sort of high ball from a corner into the six yard box, he should be able to get on the end of it. Especially with VAR, how can you stop him?
It looks to me as if we have signed another 'average' player. I'll hold back my complete opinion until I see the lad play

Offline Desert Red Fox

• Legacy Fan
  • Orange and Red!
« Reply #4654 on: March 13, 2019, 10:55:38 pm »
Walk around him.

Offline Gazza-LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4655 on: March 13, 2019, 10:56:22 pm »
Ran out of superlatives. He's the best I have seen.

Offline Bjornar

• Kopite
« Reply #4656 on: March 13, 2019, 10:59:14 pm »
Van Dijk has an aura around him that reminds me of watching greats like Zidane.

That´s a good comparison actually, you just know that he will solve almost every situation and that he´s just miles better than the opposition player trying to challenge him in any given situation.

Alonso is the closest we have had to that before in the PL era IMO, but even he wasn´t nearly as good as Van Dijk. The other greats we have had in that time period, even Gerrard, have more been impact or "moments" players.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2019, 11:11:46 pm by Bjornar »

Offline Syntexity

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4657 on: March 13, 2019, 11:00:54 pm »
Such a fantastic player. Just oozes class and leadership!

Offline El Denzel Pepito

• Tight-fisted and unimaginative moany wannabe feedback tourist. More Michael O'Leary than Dermot...but will also give out noshes.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4658 on: March 13, 2019, 11:02:47 pm »
No disrespect to the likes of Sami, Carra etc. but Van Dijk will be remembered as our most talented, perhaps best, centre-back of the Premier League era.

Defenders years from now will be told to watch tapes of him to learn how to defend. He’s so so good.

He makes the likes of Vidic, Ferdinand and Terry look fairly ordinary and they’re some of the greatest centre-backs the league has seen.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2019, 11:06:41 pm by El Denzel Pepito »

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4659 on: March 13, 2019, 11:03:57 pm »
Ability wise, I think he's our best ever defender. He's that good. Think of the best attribute our greatest ever centre backs had, and he's got every single one of them.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4660 on: March 13, 2019, 11:05:42 pm »
He is already the best defender I've seen play for us and I'm basically a  premier league baby. The hardware just helps his case in best ever discussions (against the likes of Hansen etc) but if he continues to play at this level and doesnt get serious hardware, unlikely but not impossible, how does that detract from his ability. It doesnt.

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4661 on: March 13, 2019, 11:06:49 pm »
His reading of the game is up there with the best i've seen

Offline WorldChampions

• Charlie uniform november tango fan...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4662 on: March 13, 2019, 11:08:00 pm »
Virgil van Dijk vs Bayern Munich: 85% passing; 29/34 passes; 1 assist; 3/3 aerial duels; 3 interceptions; 5 clearances; 1 goal.

Offline cdav

• Is Melissa Reddy. Confirmed by himself. (Probably not though, he's a much better writer.)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4663 on: March 13, 2019, 11:08:37 pm »
Proven to be a bargain at a world record fee. Physically, mentally and ability wise the best signing I think we have made in probably 30 years- so influential.

He has that right kind of arrogance, he knows that he is better than anyone and it seems so easy for him that teams rarely attack down his side now.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #4664 on: March 13, 2019, 11:24:01 pm »
Milner is absolutely right he should score more - he’s basically a foot above Hummels for the goal; ridiculous human

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4665 on: March 13, 2019, 11:24:49 pm »
Best in the world. He's the Messi of defenders.
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4666 on: March 13, 2019, 11:28:15 pm »
This.

POTY as well by far.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline arab88

• BED WETTER
  • Kopite
  • Proud to be a RED!
« Reply #4667 on: March 13, 2019, 11:29:57 pm »
Van Dijk is GOD :lmao :lmaoe ;D

Offline mersey_paradiso

• Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool's where I belong
« Reply #4668 on: March 13, 2019, 11:33:58 pm »
BEAST
RIP Alex Jarmay .                                           Justice  for the 97 YNWA

Mr Alex Ferguson on Anfield after St Etienne 77 : "I didn't walk away from the ground after the game, I floated out. I had been caught up in the most exciting football atmosphere I have ever experienced...these Liverpool fans support with PASSION"

Offline v2krules

• Main Stander
« Reply #4669 on: March 13, 2019, 11:35:24 pm »
Monster.

By his standards he was having a poor game. Let too many balls behind him misjudging it only to recover with clutch tackles. Despite all that Still Bossed the game in a canter.

MONSTER

Offline elbow

• grease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boss Tha
« Reply #4670 on: March 13, 2019, 11:41:34 pm »
Can I just vote him MOM from now until the end of time?

Superb again.
We are Liverpool!

Offline Beninger

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4671 on: March 13, 2019, 11:41:52 pm »
This level of talent is so rare. Ridiculous player.

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #4672 on: March 13, 2019, 11:49:13 pm »
You get what you pay for.

But sometimes you get more than you pay for
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Ratboy3G

• Sworn enemy of Mousegirl5G
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4673 on: March 14, 2019, 12:04:03 am »

Messi is the Virgil van Dijk of forwards
I am a man of few words.....any questions?

Offline testies

• Main Stander
« Reply #4674 on: March 14, 2019, 12:23:55 am »
i think hes already one of the 3 best liverpool players ive seen in my lifetime  (im 28)

edit : im not taking into account time at the club, things won etc. Im just judging the level of football a human being using a liverpool shirt showed for at least 1 year, he has to be top3. Him, Gerrard and the best Torres
« Last Edit: March 14, 2019, 12:30:16 am by testies »

Offline stevieG786

• Prefers bottom.
  • Legacy Fan
  • AWWW YA BEAUTY!!
« Reply #4675 on: March 14, 2019, 12:33:44 am »
i think hes already one of the 3 best liverpool players ive seen in my lifetime  (im 28)

edit : im not taking into account time at the club, things won etc. Im just judging the level of football a human being using a liverpool shirt showed for at least 1 year, he has to be top3. Him, Gerrard and the best Torres
‘Suarez?

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
« Reply #4676 on: March 14, 2019, 12:48:40 am »
‘Suarez?

Suarez, Hyypia, Mascherano, Alonso, Salah, Coutinho.. all players that were arguably better than Torres.

But Torres was a very likeable lad, and it's understandable why people's affections might inflate his level of greatness.

Online FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #4677 on: March 14, 2019, 12:50:40 am »
The 'Messi' of defenders is the most apt name given to a player ever. Take a walk around my Virgil Van Dijk, gentlemen, he's a colossus.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline RedAtHeart

• Kopite
« Reply #4678 on: March 14, 2019, 12:52:57 am »
‘Suarez?

Judged on pure footballing ability, Suarez at his best has to be the best I’ve seen in a red shirt in my 30 odd years supporting the team. Still Stevie is by far the most monumental player in my lifetime, and Nando at his prime the best finishsr(just missed out on being able to recall gods best years). Oddly enough the team we have now are light years ahead of any other line up we have had in my time, yet the only parts that I can say really stand out in comparison are the defenders and Alisson. In previous title challenging years, or in magical years as in 2005, the best parts of our team were definitely on par with today’s squad. The weaknesses were however far far worse. Every shit pundit loves to bang on about Klopp losing finals, but my word he has built a squad now, and VVD is the heart of it.
Boom

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
« Reply #4679 on: March 14, 2019, 12:57:06 am »
Judged on pure footballing ability, Suarez at his best has to be the best I’ve seen in a red shirt in my 30 odd years supporting the team. Still Stevie is by far the most monumental player in my lifetime, and Nando at his prime the best finishsr(just missed out on being able to recall gods best years). Oddly enough the team we have now are light years ahead of any other line up we have had in my time, yet the only parts that I can say really stand out in comparison are the defenders and Alisson. In previous title challenging years, or in magical years as in 2005, the best parts of our team were definitely on par with today’s squad. The weaknesses were however far far worse. Every shit pundit loves to bang on about Klopp losing finals, but my word he has built a squad now, and VVD is the heart of it.

Really?

Mané is comfortably the best wide player we've had since probably McManaman? Salah is easily at least in the same conversation about best forwards?

The only area where we haven't yet got players to rival the best of the last few eras is midfield - no one's anywhere near Gerrard, Masch and Alonso.

Mind you, those guys would all play pretty different roles under Klopp.