Author Topic: VAR! Video Assistant Referee & Shite Referees in General  (Read 1389938 times)

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
Re: VAR! Video Assistant Referee & Shite Referees in General
« Reply #26080 on: May 16, 2024, 09:44:49 am »
Except that it's reliant on entirely subjective judgement of the frame that represents the moment the ball was played. Does the proposed semi-automated system address that? Or is it still based on the frame the VAR chooses?

That's a good question. I would like to know the answer to that.

And you identify the elephant in the room. Choosing between two consecutive frames is not a science. Both choices are often wrong. The cameras simply can't run at the required speed to make a foolproof judgement.

I've long thought this is one of the weakest links in the whole unstable VAR chain. Liverpool actually benefitted against Villa because VAR chose to freeze the frame before the pass had been released which meant that Joe Gomez was judged to be not offside. But there are other times - Mane v Everton springs to mind - where it looked like VAR had chosen to freeze the action too late.

It amazes me that this isn't scrutinised more than it is. VAR goes to extreme - laughably extreme - lengths to draw its stupid lines to see whether someone's whiskers are offside. But it is absurdly casual about freezing the frame.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26081 on: May 16, 2024, 09:47:58 am »
Except that it's reliant on entirely subjective judgement of the frame that represents the moment the ball was played. Does the proposed semi-automated system address that? Or is it still based on the frame the VAR chooses?

The semi auto AI uses two systems and typically, the PGMOL has chosen the least effective one :butt

The system used at the W/C and I believe will be in use in the Euros, uses an Adidas ball with a sensor in the middle that detects the exact moment the ball is kicked. The PL system doesn't use this ball, so it's all done by cameras, although the AI compensates.. About 12 cameras, ith a 50fps rate (fucking too slow) track all 22 players using 29 data points on the body, so they should know where a player is at all times. When the ball is played, the AI then checks all the positions and if it detects an attacker offside, it flags it. The VAR official then reviews the image to check that the tech hasn't got it wrong and that the kick point and position match.

Personally I want the Adidas ball as this can be tracked to which player receives the ball and is more accurate.
Jurgen YNWA

Online lobsterboy

• Sworn enemy of crayfishgirl. Likes to draw spunking cocks n balls at sunday school
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26082 on: May 16, 2024, 10:03:13 am »
I guess its a bit harder for PGMOL to cheat when there is a sensor in the ball.

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26083 on: May 16, 2024, 10:03:33 am »
The semi auto AI uses two systems and typically, the PGMOL has chosen the least effective one :butt

The system used at the W/C and I believe will be in use in the Euros, uses an Adidas ball with a sensor in the middle that detects the exact moment the ball is kicked. The PL system doesn't use this ball, so it's all done by cameras, although the AI compensates.. About 12 cameras, ith a 50fps rate (fucking too slow) track all 22 players using 29 data points on the body, so they should know where a player is at all times. When the ball is played, the AI then checks all the positions and if it detects an attacker offside, it flags it. The VAR official then reviews the image to check that the tech hasn't got it wrong and that the kick point and position match.

Personally I want the Adidas ball as this can be tracked to which player receives the ball and is more accurate.
I'd love to know how they're training the AI.  Because if they're using data from the current system then we're fucked.  It's just going to give us the same wrong decisions but more quickly.

Offline Enders

• Game. Has a thing for Edward Colanderhands
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez! Allez! Allez!
« Reply #26084 on: May 16, 2024, 10:05:26 am »
Liverpool actually benefitted against Villa because VAR chose to freeze the frame before the pass had been released which meant that Joe Gomez was judged to be not offside.
That's the rule in the LotG though:

'First point of contact of the 'play' or 'touch' of the ball'

https://www.thefa.com/football-rules-governance/lawsandrules/laws/football-11-11/law-11---offside
“He was a very good customer. He was just the three bottles of semi-skimmed. They didn’t have to be placed zonally on his step or anything. He was happy to have a chat and he would always look after you at Christmas.”

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #26085 on: May 16, 2024, 10:10:55 am »
That's the rule in the LotG though:

'First point of contact of the 'play' or 'touch' of the ball'

https://www.thefa.com/football-rules-governance/lawsandrules/laws/football-11-11/law-11---offside

Ok, so Joe was onside and Sadio was indeed offside.

Seems mad though doesn't it? Contrary to the way the game has always been understood. A 'caressed' pass is obviously different to a 'stabbed' one. In one the foot is in contact with the ball for a long time. In the other the foot's first contact with the ball is also its last one. I'm guessing therefore that VAR has ignored a century of practice for the crude reason that the technology can detect 'first contact' but not the moment the ball is released.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2024, 10:13:59 am by Yorkykopite »
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Online Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #26086 on: May 16, 2024, 10:11:10 am »
I take all the points about the camera framing - I'm not aware of the new tech so I should state I'd only keep the offsides if the new system is able to accurately find the correct moments of play.

to be honest even if VAR rules out the odd goal because an offside is given because a frame was a few milliseconds out of sync, its better than a clearly offside goal being given by a linesman without VAR. At least any incorrect calls will be fractional. Without VAR there will be many goals ruled out/goals given by linesmen which VAR should easily pick up.

I completely understand the argument of getting rid, and I'm not totally against removing it. I just believe if used better, although it won't be perfect it's better than the alternative.

The old offside rule, stuff about attackers gaining an ‘advantage’, was pretty accurately judged by linesman. Sure they sometimes got it wrong. But normally they got it right. And it was a standard whixh made sense to people, rather this absurd system nowadays which tries to define offside down to millimetres whilst the technology is nowhere near accurate enough to assess millimetres. It’s ridiculous. What’s more, even if it was 100% accurate it’s a standard that bears no resemblance to the game as it’s actually played. offside should be a rule with a purpose, that is it defines the way the game can be played in order to make it a better game. It has absolutely no need of adjudicating down to millimetres. That’s just a level of pedantry which only frustrates everyone involved.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2024, 10:13:21 am by Knight »

Offline Paisley79

• Anny Roader
« Reply #26087 on: May 16, 2024, 10:20:20 am »
How many times do you see this scenario & it's so frustrating:

Attacker goes through on goal. He could be offside. The linesman hasn't flagged as, per instructions, he has to let play develop & VAR will check.
The attacker doesn't score, instead the defending team have cleared the ball for a corner.
Instead of going back for the original offside, the corner stands. It is NEVER checked in this instance.
The attacking team now have an unfair advantage.

Drives me mad

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26088 on: May 16, 2024, 10:24:13 am »
Of all people, I heard Colin Wanker talking some sense about the whole thing. It's the refs are the issue and they're not good enough for Championship level never mind Premier League. It's hard for the refs in Stockley Park to make the same "mistakes" as the on field refs, but they do. They get 85/90% of stuff right but that's nowhere near good enough for this level, and its the 10/15%that the refs don't seen capable, or want to fix. 
As many have said, great stuff from Wolves. They probably won't get what they want but hopefully they'll get what's needed

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26089 on: May 16, 2024, 10:25:49 am »
The old offside rule, stuff about attackers gaining an ‘advantage’, was pretty accurately judged by linesman. Sure they sometimes got it wrong. But normally they got it right. And it was a standard whixh made sense to people, rather this absurd system nowadays which tries to define offside down to millimetres whilst the technology is nowhere near accurate enough to assess millimetres. It’s ridiculous. What’s more, even if it was 100% accurate it’s a standard that bears no resemblance to the game as it’s actually played. offside should be a rule with a purpose, that is it defines the way the game can be played in order to make it a better game. It has absolutely no need of adjudicating down to millimetres. That’s just a level of pedantry which only frustrates everyone involved.
I would love to see a proper study where they analyse the two frames that could have been chosen for the offside, calculate how far the attacker moved in that time, and figure out how often the VAR is likely getting it right.  Then compare that against the accuracy of a linesman on his own without technology.  I bet the percentages are not that different.

The problem with the human is the occasional howler, but VAR generally errs on the side of the defending team because of how the frames are chosen, so I think we're getting more goals incorrectly disallowed now than we were before.

Online Avens

• Look around you! Clearly knows his Gary Gum from his Anti-Gary Gum.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26090 on: May 16, 2024, 11:16:26 am »
The problem is that the technology doesn't know whether you're in front of the last defender or not.  Honestly the conversation around VAR needs to change to acknowledge that.  The margin of error is huge.

This is why I've argued for a long time that the check should be a rolling process. Roll between the possible frames and have the lines move with the players (semi automated would help this, I think). If the lines support the on field decision within that margin for error the decision stands. If it doesn't, it's overturned. It would maybe mean the "moment" that is used is over half a second, rather than the 1/24th of a second the frozen frame currently offers.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2024, 11:18:59 am by Avens »
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now. - Jurgen Klopp

Offline HomesickRed

• Anny Roader
« Reply #26091 on: May 16, 2024, 11:23:58 am »
VAR judges should be a last resort.
Asking for a ref to review should be at the request of players / manager AND NOT another referee who may have a vested interest, or be trying to protect his mate.
The ref alone decides, except if offside challenged. That can have lines drawn by VAR.
Two challenges per game, with live audio to the ground.

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #26092 on: May 16, 2024, 11:57:21 am »
Is there a middle ground ?  Something along the lines (pardon the pun) limiting it to automated offside decision making, and penalty reviews ?  Leave it at that ?

It's an utter shitshow on penalty reviews though and so subjective and inconsistent.

Not just PGMOL. Look at Scotland. The Rangers right back scores about 20 pens a season with the aid of VAR. The penalty rate is ridiculous in CL post Var as well.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2024, 11:58:56 am by Fromola »
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26093 on: May 16, 2024, 12:00:57 pm »
Re offsides - the tech literally doesn't work. Camera frames aren't accurate enough to discern when the ball leaves the foot.

And how can it be deemed to work when it takes 5 minutes to check? And if its taking that long they're only guessing anyway.

Offline fowlermagic

• Ilittarate
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26094 on: May 16, 2024, 12:01:29 pm »
If VAR was gotten rid of today, no one would be posting on page
653 of
"why we should have VAR" in a couple of years time that's for sure. Just get on with the game as it was, don't spend hours discussing if that was on side or not n maybe we can celebrate goals in real time again.
I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi5-V75v-6I

Offline JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26095 on: May 16, 2024, 12:10:43 pm »
I'd love to know how they're training the AI.  Because if they're using data from the current system then we're fucked.  It's just going to give us the same wrong decisions but more quickly.
It’s just a few baldy mancs in a room programming it. It will be fine.

Offline gjr1

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #26096 on: May 16, 2024, 12:19:39 pm »
If VAR was gotten rid of today, no one would be posting on page
653 of
"why we should have VAR" in a couple of years time that's for sure. Just get on with the game as it was, don't spend hours discussing if that was on side or not n maybe we can celebrate goals in real time again.

Great post.

And that is why VAR is so fucked.

Lino or ref get it wrong so be it….

At least supporters will be able to celebrate or not when shit happens.

Rest is just jobs for the boys.
Obi-Wan:
Mos Eisley spaceport. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious.

Offline JRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #26097 on: May 16, 2024, 12:33:01 pm »
Great post.

And that is why VAR is so fucked.

Lino or ref get it wrong so be it….

At least supporters will be able to celebrate or not when shit happens.

Rest is just jobs for the boys.
Yeah, there will be even more inexplicable decisions from the same corrupt officials but hey ho, let’s just get on with it.

Online Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #26098 on: May 16, 2024, 12:55:12 pm »
EFL copes fine without it. Top flight football was better without it for 130 years.

It was pundit bores who would call for video technology, dissecting every decision for views. If technology is proven to work then use it but it has to be quick to be practical like with goal-line.

VAR was sold as being there to correct howlers and it can't even do that (we can point to several this season alone). But it can spend 5 minutes trying to work out if a goal is offside

Put it this way. How many fans of EFL clubs would be happy if it was announced VAR is coming in next season? Not many. Football fans hate VAR. It's for the technocrats, not the passion and emotion of the game.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2024, 12:56:48 pm by Fromola »

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26099 on: May 16, 2024, 12:58:00 pm »
EFL copes fine without it. Top flight football was better without it for 130 years.

It was pundit bores who would call for video technology, dissecting every decision for views. If technology is proven to work then use it but it has to be quick to be practical like with goal-line.

VAR was sold as being there to correct howlers and it can't even do that (we can point to several this season alone). But it can spend 5 minutes trying to work out if a goal is offside

Put it this way. How many fans of EFL clubs would be happy if it was announced VAR is coming in next season? Not many. Football fans hate VAR. It's for the technocrats, not the passion and emotion of the game.

Do you actually realise it's humans fucking this up and not the technology?

Just a reminder of what happened pre VAR

« Last Edit: May 16, 2024, 01:00:43 pm by rob1966 »
Jurgen YNWA

Offline HeartAndSoul

• OneWillBurn
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RedOrDead
« Reply #26100 on: May 16, 2024, 01:00:17 pm »
VAR judges should be a last resort.
Asking for a ref to review should be at the request of players / manager AND NOT another referee who may have a vested interest, or be trying to protect his mate.
The ref alone decides, except if offside challenged. That can have lines drawn by VAR.
Two challenges per game, with live audio to the ground.

Even the lines is ridiculous. Armpits and millimetres should be given to the attacking team. It’s a joke when it’s that micromanaged.

Online Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #26101 on: May 16, 2024, 01:26:34 pm »

That's one incident over 10 years ago. Whether you have VAR or not you'll have fuck ups. I've felt more regularly screwed over since VAR came than in the decades before combined. I'd say that's universal with fans because it kills the emotion of the game as well.

Yes it's humans using it and fucking up. Scrap it and wait for AI tech that actually works. Automated offsides will come in (semi automated in use now).

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26102 on: May 16, 2024, 01:27:42 pm »

Here's a reminder of what happened post VAR  :P

Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Enders

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez! Allez! Allez!
« Reply #26103 on: May 16, 2024, 01:29:38 pm »

Seems mad though doesn't it? Contrary to the way the game has always been understood. A 'caressed' pass is obviously different to a 'stabbed' one. In one the foot is in contact with the ball for a long time. In the other the foot's first contact with the ball is also its last one. I'm guessing therefore that VAR has ignored a century of practice for the crude reason that the technology can detect 'first contact' but not the moment the ball is released.

Yep, it maybe highlights a common misconception that whether a player is in offside position or not is based on when the ball is no longer in contact with the foot/head/left testicle of the player making the pass. We see this all the time when they're reviewing for a potential offside in the build up to a goal, where the VAR always seems to be establishing when the passing player is no longer in contact with the ball, rather than at the point of initial contact of their last touch of the ball.

I've never posted anywhere about this before, as to be honest I've always thought I was wrong or somehow not reading or understanding the laws correctly. That may well still be the case, just I figured it'd be an interesting point, particularly after that goal on Monday wasn't ruled out (which was a nice change).

« Last Edit: May 16, 2024, 01:33:59 pm by Enders »
“He was a very good customer. He was just the three bottles of semi-skimmed. They didn’t have to be placed zonally on his step or anything. He was happy to have a chat and he would always look after you at Christmas.”

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26104 on: May 16, 2024, 01:31:08 pm »
I get the argument that it's humans fucking it up, but those humans aren't going anywhere any time soon.

They've introduced technology that was supposed to help these humans correct their human errors. All it has served up is controversy and killing people's enjoyment, especially those in attendance at a game.

So until they have humans that can use it properly it should be set aside.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26105 on: May 16, 2024, 01:35:05 pm »

Reminds me of this

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/kF5Skmb6p1o" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/kF5Skmb6p1o</a>

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #26106 on: May 16, 2024, 01:40:09 pm »

Exactly, imagine what is going to happen when VAR goes and offsides and penalties are given incorrectly, everyone will be looking at the slo-mo and waiting for the ref to do the same, but they won't and nothing will be done.

VAR has been a disaster in many ways but it's not the cameras.

Recipe for enhanced cheating
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26107 on: May 16, 2024, 02:09:07 pm »
Here's a reminder of what happened post VAR  :P

And in both cases its a not fit for purpose official that was the issue - bit of a theme here ;)
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Enders

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez! Allez! Allez!
« Reply #26108 on: May 16, 2024, 02:12:10 pm »
And in both cases its a not fit for purpose official that was the issue - bit of a theme here ;)
Better refs = better decisions

The current shower are fucking useless, with or without assistance from 'technology' (which is literally just a poxy TV replay), and are at best biased as fuck.

Protocols are an organisational issue - if this season has taught us anything, it's abundantly clear that this is an absolute shitshow too. 'Good process lads'
« Last Edit: May 16, 2024, 02:14:25 pm by Enders »

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26109 on: May 16, 2024, 02:13:12 pm »
I get the argument that it's humans fucking it up, but those humans aren't going anywhere any time soon.

They've introduced technology that was supposed to help these humans correct their human errors. All it has served up is controversy and killing people's enjoyment, especially those in attendance at a game.

So until they have humans that can use it properly it should be set aside.

If you set it aside, then there is no impetus to get rid of the officials, they just have the fall back of the SYP twat saying "Oh its a quick game, sometimes we make mistakes, we're only human - 95% of the time we're correct though"

The use of the tech has shone a spotlight on how poor our officials are, yet everyone blames the tech, drives me mad.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline JRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #26110 on: May 16, 2024, 02:13:54 pm »
I honestly don’t get people saying it will be better without var . In some respects maybe, but the big problem is now we know what he officials were not just making honest mistakes because it’s difficult in real time. Things would be far worse than they were before VAR was introduced. The level of scrutiny will be the same but the PGMOL will not even have to give a second thought to giving the decisions they want as they will have the easy get out of having missed it.

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26111 on: May 16, 2024, 02:23:00 pm »
Lads I missed the entire World Cup so didn’t get to see VAR implemented in a different setting/competition. Was there the same level of controversy with decisions and calls as we see in the league at the moment or was it used more intellegently?

Offline stewy17

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26112 on: May 16, 2024, 02:24:02 pm »
An absolute farce if they scrap VAR. There will be carnage as soon as the first offside is missed or the first handball etc.

I find it remarkable that Wolves (or anyone) would think that the answer is to throw it in the bin. Improve the tech, modernise the laws of the game to make it more compatible with video refereeing, get better people running the refereeing in the country, fire anyone who doesn't send their mate to the video screen to "protect" them & stop the referees protecting themselves all the fucking time, acknowledge that some other sports are better at this stuff than football is and try and take some learnings from there. There are so many options to get this going in a better way.

It can't go back in the box now, just invest and make it better for fucks sake.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26113 on: May 16, 2024, 02:25:48 pm »
An absolute farce if they scrap VAR. There will be carnage as soon as the first offside is missed or the first handball etc.

I find it remarkable that Wolves (or anyone) would think that the answer is to throw it in the bin. Improve the tech, modernise the laws of the game to make it more compatible with video refereeing, get better people running the refereeing in the country, fire anyone who doesn't send their mate to the video screen to "protect" them & stop the referees protecting themselves all the fucking time, acknowledge that some other sports are better at this stuff than football is and try and take some learnings from there. There are so many options to get this going in a better way.

Exactly this.
Jurgen YNWA

Online Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #26114 on: May 16, 2024, 02:53:13 pm »

So the only argument for VAR is you can't put the shit back in the horse.

This is why change needs to be resisted in the game, as no matter how poorly things are implemented you're stuck with them.

Lucky EFL, they can just get on with the game without it

My argument with VAR is it shouldn’t have been rolled out until it was proven to work. Technology can work. VAR doesn't. And if we keep it it'll be the same refs making the league unwatchable.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2024, 02:55:01 pm by Fromola »

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26115 on: May 16, 2024, 03:29:04 pm »
VAR works, it's the c*nts who are sabotaging it that don't.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline A-Bomb

• Garlic Butter Coming. Isn’t as good as Divock Origi. Can we sell him?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26116 on: May 16, 2024, 03:44:44 pm »
VAR works, it's the c*nts who are sabotaging it that don't.

Reminds me of a Fawlty Towers sketch....

Richards : No, because the room is cold, the bath is too small, the view is invisible, and the radio doesn't work. Basil Fawlty : No, the radio works. You don't ...

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
« Reply #26117 on: May 16, 2024, 03:57:02 pm »
Keep the technology, change the personnel.
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Online andyrol

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • might bring you boys a rabbit up in the week
« Reply #26118 on: May 16, 2024, 04:19:41 pm »
the only way VAR should be kept is if its taken completely away from the PGMOL. maybe a group of ex players, experts, ex refs etc with an IT guy as 'chair'/communicator . and made more proffesional, none of this " ok Tayls, its Ollie here, yeah yeah...good process" bollocks, more " referee, halt the game we have a potential penalty incident.. ok doku has kicked macallister in the chest, there isnt enough evidence to show who touched the ball first but its certainly dangerous play..we suggest you review on pitch side monitor"  " ok, i thought it was a coming together...yeah i see its a foul, im going to give a penalty can i have confirmation?" " yes, penalty".
AND we all need to hear the decision, over miked ref-tannoy or some such. if the PGMOL dont agree to this then its scrapped and they have to improve- full close season training where a new set of rules are produced with a promise that these will be adhered to , failures in this will result in league demotions for whichever ref cocks up. those that are away at the euros will need to do the training when they return so will not get games until at least september.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #26119 on: May 16, 2024, 05:22:04 pm »

Well said. And first approach to improve it should be to split VAR duties from PGMOL