Author Topic: VAR! Video Assistant Referee & Shite Referees in General  (Read 1393066 times)

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: VAR! Video Assistant Referee & Shite Referees in General
« Reply #21000 on: November 6, 2023, 09:33:20 pm »
I'm sure someone will find the link, but Anthony Taylor's demotion to the Championship went terribly.

He gave Preston a pen for the player falling over after taking a shot.
He wasnt Demoted per Dale Johnson. He also had his whole Fifa crew there.
Yea he messed up that penalty, Var would have sent him to the minitor

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #21001 on: November 6, 2023, 09:35:43 pm »
Christ that's awful.
Ta mate.

Don’t worry mate, he’ll be back in the PL reffing us soon. All good.

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #21002 on: November 6, 2023, 10:26:37 pm »
Was hoping one of the techy lot would embed the video, but here is a link to twitter

https://x.com/the_forty_four/status/1721225451278893076?s=46&t=jCPbk4G147VnXk0LjMfysg
Brilliantly bad.  Look how surprised the forward is when he realises he's won a penalty!

Offline Judge Red

• Kopite
« Reply #21003 on: November 6, 2023, 10:39:46 pm »
The fucking irony of him of all people saying that

Might do him well to practice what he preaches

Thats fucker told his disciples to storm the toilet a la Trump never mind he played under the drunk who came out with incendiary comments about players, managers and officials on a weekly basis. The arse.

Offline BoRed

• BoRing
  • Legacy Fan
  • BoRac
« Reply #21004 on: November 6, 2023, 10:41:24 pm »
Brilliantly bad.  Look how surprised the forward is when he realises he's won a penalty!

Also, if he thought he had pulled him down, why didn't he send him off?

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #21005 on: November 6, 2023, 10:52:15 pm »
Don’t worry mate, he’ll be back in the PL reffing us soon. All good.
They do have VAR in the Championship, don't they?! VAR = Very Atrocious Refereeing.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Kalito

• Legacy Fan
  • ***JFT97***
« Reply #21006 on: November 6, 2023, 11:32:44 pm »
I didnt use to mind carragher. But hes coming across as well arrogant and up himself these days. Not good enough to lace Van Dijks boots. At times i think hes jealous of this liverpool team and these players.
He's a bitter Blue gobshite, is what he is mate.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Mr Bill Shankly

"be careful of media, they can make you hate the oppressed and love the oppressors." - Malcolm X

The notion that an Occupier is defending itself is as absurd as the notion that the rapist is defending itself from the victim.

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #21007 on: November 7, 2023, 12:03:42 am »
I didnt use to mind carragher. But hes coming across as well arrogant and up himself these days. Not good enough to lace Van Dijks boots. At times i think hes jealous of this liverpool team and these players.

For a good 5 years now
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline Nitramdorf

• No longer as forward as he used to be, so has dropped back into midfield. Didn't you hear?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21008 on: November 7, 2023, 06:26:45 am »
Was hoping one of the techy lot would embed the video, but here is a link to twitter

https://x.com/the_forty_four/status/1721225451278893076?s=46&t=jCPbk4G147VnXk0LjMfysg

Fuck me thats ridiculous. Of course the forward celebrates the fact his sporting opponents have been conned. What a pile of shit this game is.

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #21009 on: November 7, 2023, 06:41:08 am »
He's a bitter Blue gobshite, is what he is mate.

Played 737 times for Liverpool, second in the list of appearances to only Ian Callaghan.

You can call him a lot of things. A Blue isn't one of them.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21010 on: November 7, 2023, 07:42:58 am »
Neville's catchphrases. He finds it difficult to construct sentences without them.
;D Not worse than the noises he makes when he can't find the words.

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21011 on: November 7, 2023, 09:10:19 am »

Also, if that was us, the narrative is that you ‘got the shot away’ so no pen.

There’s a double mistake from Taylor there. If he thinks it’s a penalty and indicates a shove in the back, then it’s a red card, not yellow.

Offline DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #21012 on: November 7, 2023, 09:16:40 am »

;D Fucking hell, amazing. Who could predict an official demoted for making loads of clangers would continue to make clangers at another football match but just in a different league.

"You're shit in the premier league Taylor, go and be shit in the championship this weekend" is such weird logic.

Offline Legs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #21013 on: November 7, 2023, 09:31:14 am »
Good job he's irrelevant

To me and you he is but millions of others will think he is great.

He is worse than Keys/Gray and I had to think long and hard before typing that.

Biggest conman in footy without doubt.

As for dangerous statements he made one live on air after the Spurs game "Something isnt right, ive thought this for a few weeks" 48 hours later he goes on a u turn.

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #21014 on: November 7, 2023, 09:45:05 am »
Neville calling for Premier League to do something about the clubs releasing statements ala Arsenal & Liverpool is amusing.
I watch games with the sound off and don't follow the studio banter, but did Neville have anything to say at the time after ten Hag's rants about the correct VAR decisions when Man U lost to Arsenal?

Klopp was very measured considering the dreadful decisions that went against us in the Spurs game.  Two of the three were overruled after the match - useless except at least it lifted the Jota suspension - and the Jones red card is looking increasingly soft as players get away with worse tackles week after week.

I thought Arteta overstepped but he'd just had half an hour of gloating Newcastle fans, Jason Tindall bantz and Joelinton chest-thumping in his face.  That's enough to drive anyone mad and Arteta has got that same prickliness that his old boss at Man City has.

Offline Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21015 on: November 7, 2023, 09:45:53 am »
To me and you he is but millions of others will think he is great.

He is worse than Keys/Gray and I had to think long and hard before typing that.

Biggest conman in footy without doubt.

As for dangerous statements he made one live on air after the Spurs game "Something isnt right, ive thought this for a few weeks" 48 hours later he goes on a u turn.

This is getting a bit daft now.

Would be interested to hear the basis for how he’s worse than two men who were dismissed for sexual harassment, one of whom was cheating on his terminally ill wife with his daughter’s mate?

I’m no huge fan of Neville but come on, he’s no where near as bad as them two and is clearly a marked improvement.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21016 on: November 7, 2023, 10:08:04 am »

Would be interested to hear the basis for how he’s worse than two men who were dismissed for sexual harassment, one of whom was cheating on his terminally ill wife with his daughter’s mate?

I’m no huge fan of Neville but come on, he’s no where near as bad as them two and is clearly a marked improvement.

You're talking about them as human beings though. That's not relevant to how good/bad they are at their job.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21017 on: November 7, 2023, 10:12:37 am »
- useless except at least it lifted the Jota suspension -

It didn't, he was suspended for Brighton. They never overturn yellows except for mistaken identity.

Offline Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21018 on: November 7, 2023, 10:12:44 am »
You're talking about them as human beings though. That's not relevant to how good/bad they are at their job.

Define good at his job?

The Sky ratings are great whenever he’s on, he’s got the demand for a weekly podcast in addition to the televised stuff, the Overlap stuff etc.

The point is that the Sky product is partially decided to stir controversy, that’s why they have the likes of Keane on as often as they do.

With Neville you get some decent tactical analysis and lot of stuff which is designed to generate click, some of which he is doing knowingly and some of which because he’s just inherently extremely biased as to be fair I would be if I had that job.

If the aim is for balanced, objective punditry then sure; he’s not good at all, but for the job Sky employ him for he’s great.

To be honest by whatever metric you choose I’d rather watch him than Keys and fucking Gray, although to be honest I rarely watch any of th post-match stuff these days anyway.

Offline Legs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #21019 on: November 7, 2023, 10:26:14 am »

I am talking about footy talk as a pundit he clearly isnt able to hide his bias.

Keys/Gray are c**ts and I put him in the same pot he is a gaslighting prick who has got away with shooting his mouth off since Covid.

He put out players potentially at risk with goading Utd fans to riot.

You have his puppet saying "it was all calm and banter" he was being xalled scouse c**t by several of them that isnt banter to me as you can bet your life they wouldnt say it to him in a pub one v one.

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #21020 on: November 7, 2023, 10:32:06 am »
It didn't, he was suspended for Brighton. They never overturn yellows except for mistaken identity.
You're right!  The panel decided it was an incorrect yellow(/red) card but he still had to suffer the penalty.

So, two of the three big decisions were deemed incorrect but we got nothing from either.  The third big decision was stonewalled but looks so soft compared to tackles made by Kovatic, Havertz, Udogie etc. that didn't result in red cards.

Klopp handled that better than any of those talking heads would have done so.

Offline Legs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #21021 on: November 7, 2023, 10:35:05 am »
You're right!  The panel decided it was an incorrect yellow(/red) card but he still had to suffer the penalty.

So, two of the three big decisions were deemed incorrect but we got nothing from either.  The third big decision was stonewalled but looks so soft compared to tackles made by Kovatic, Havertz, Udogie etc. that didn't result in red cards.

Klopp handled that better than any of those talking heads would have done so.

Hey now dont you go making dangerous but factual statements here.

You need to get over it and accept it just like Man Utd did under Ferguson "respect the ref"

Offline Dr Stu-Pid

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #21022 on: November 7, 2023, 10:53:46 am »
So unless the FA take some kind of retrospective action, the referees and PGMOL have basically just said that two footed studs up lunges while running at speed are okay and not a sending off unless you actually injure someone. For as long as I can remember that kind of two footed lunge has been the biggest red flag in football, and the FA tried to outlaw it years ago by stating that the outcome of the tackle and whether or not you won the ball were irrelevant, it was still seriously endangering an opponent. We are going to see someone very seriously injured soon because PGMOL are refusing to send players off for seriously dangerous and reckless tackles on a weekly basis. If Sterling decides to try and win the ball rather than pulling out he almost certainly breaks his ankle. If he decides to try and step across the ball to try and shield it then it could be even worse.

It's been said for years that referees don't actually understand the game as they have never actually played it at a high level, but it seems that this is getting worse and worse. Given the amount of complaints about refereeing and VAR over the last few years it is actually difficult to believe that it could get any worse, but this season has already been an absolute sh*tshow, and we aren't even close to being a third of the way through the season!  But what are are we suddenly hearing from Carragher and Neville on Sky? Clubs need to stop complaining as everyone makes mistakes. So essentially, just accept that it is sh*t and move on. *sigh*

Offline gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #21023 on: November 7, 2023, 10:57:52 am »
I see Taylor has been rewarded for his week out of the Premier League (which included a dreadful decision) with the high profile game of the next weekend. Great process.
AHA!

Offline DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #21024 on: November 7, 2023, 11:00:09 am »
I see Taylor has been rewarded for his week out of the Premier League (which included a dreadful decision) with the high profile game of the next weekend. Great process.

Hahaahah incredible, makes a horrible clanger, demoted, makes one of the worst decisions you'll see all season in his demoted game, gets Chelsea v Manchester City as a reward. Brilliant. It is absolutely impossible to fail in this job and yet Neville will say it's "dangerous" to criticise them.

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21025 on: November 7, 2023, 11:16:12 am »
Hahaahah incredible, makes a horrible clanger, demoted, makes one of the worst decisions you'll see all season in his demoted game, gets Chelsea v Manchester City as a reward. Brilliant. It is absolutely impossible to fail in this job and yet Neville will say it's "dangerous" to criticise them.
There's be more sympathy for them if PGMOL was a professionally run organisation. Just basic stuff like avoiding potential conflicts of interest, transparency and accountability. An attempt at consistency. That type of thing.

Instead we get the piss taken out of us on a weekly basis followed by a circling of the wagons. It's pathetic.

Offline Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21026 on: November 7, 2023, 11:25:37 am »
Keys is a bellend but..

Sports commentator Richard Keys, via his blog:

“I’m in the luxurious position of being able to say what I think about the falling standards of officiating in our league - but imagine taking a call from a high ranking PL broadcast official reminding you who pays your wages. Scary. It happened to two people that I know recently. The message was clear ‘stop criticising the refs’. What sort of world are we living in when people who run the game also want to steer the narrative?”

Who do we think? Neville and Carra right? Their flip flop from their ingame comments v's Spurs to the narrated script they followed at half time was clearly orchestrated by their overlord.

Offline Zimagic

• Legacy Fan
  • Liar, liar with your drawers on fire......
« Reply #21027 on: November 7, 2023, 11:27:19 am »
So unless the FA take some kind of retrospective action, the referees and PGMOL have basically just said that two footed studs up lunges while running at speed are okay and not a sending off unless you actually injure someone. For as long as I can remember that kind of two footed lunge has been the biggest red flag in football, and the FA tried to outlaw it years ago by stating that the outcome of the tackle and whether or not you won the ball were irrelevant, it was still seriously endangering an opponent.

Wasn't that exact wording used when talking about the Curtis Jones red? That it didn't matter if the other player was injured, but that the roll over the ball - studs into the ankle could injure him?

What's insane about the latest tackle is that he missed with the front leg and caught him with the trailing leg, fair enough if you choose to argue that, but the action happened at full speed, not on a still frame, which in reality means he was 0.001 seconds away from breaking his standing leg. And he still got the all of the player and little of the ball (and even that was late).

It's astounding that he's not being hung up to dry for that when players have been sent off for much less dangerous tackles already this season to much sage chin rubbing and nodding of heads. And we can't even say it's Pro-Oil money either, it's just really weak officiating.

Next week, we'll see a career ender and the wind will swing right back to it being a disgusting tackle and he should never play football again.
"Truth, Justice, Freedom, Reasonably-Priced Love and a Hard-Boiled Egg!"

Offline DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #21028 on: November 7, 2023, 11:28:34 am »
Keys is a bellend but..

“I’m in the luxurious position of being able to say what I think about the falling standards of officiating in our league - but imagine taking a call from a high ranking PL broadcast official reminding you who pays your wages. Scary. It happened to two people that I know recently. The message was clear ‘stop criticising the refs’. What sort of world are we living in when people who run the game also want to steer the narrative?”

Who do we think? Neville and Carra right? Their flip flop from their ingame comments v's Spurs to the narrated script they followed at half time was clearly orchestrated by their overlord.

Yep, they were got at, Neville was all ready to go on some sort of "something weird has been happening recently" angle, he was as raging at that Spurs game as any of us then suddenly totally changed, something was defo said to him.

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #21029 on: November 7, 2023, 11:29:00 am »
Have to say, the arse has completely dropped out of PGMOL / VAR / Stockley Park since the shambolic, incompetent episode at Spurs was exposed for all to see ....didn't think it could regress any further but it patently has....they now appear terrified to make decisions either way (give it / dont give it / send off /dont send off / allow / disallow) ..paralysed at the thought of more criticism and scrutiny.......they're all over the place ....that car crash of a game last night put the lid of what was a bizarre and dreadful weekend's 'officiating' ........it's football Jim , but not as we know it.......fuck it off.....start again
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline Zimagic

• Legacy Fan
  • Liar, liar with your drawers on fire......
« Reply #21030 on: November 7, 2023, 11:31:40 am »
Yep, they were got at, Neville was all ready to go on some sort of "something weird has been happening recently" angle, he was as raging at that Spurs game as any of us then suddenly totally changed, something was defo said to him.

He's a big enough name that he can out them and survive the fallout. Every week there's multiple example that would vindicate him.
At some point, something will give. A club taking the PGMOL to court over bad decisions leading to titles lost, CL qualification lost or being relegated would be a sad turn of events.
"Truth, Justice, Freedom, Reasonably-Priced Love and a Hard-Boiled Egg!"

Offline The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21031 on: November 7, 2023, 11:32:35 am »
Last night’s game proved that arteta was spot on, it’s embarrassing

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21032 on: November 7, 2023, 11:35:05 am »

Neville is as bad. He's a fella who goes on like he's some sort of voice for the down trodden/equal rights/anti racism etc.... yet he was happy enough to take blood money for one the most disgusting regimes on the planet in Qatar to tell us all how wonderful they are whilst attempting to pimp his club out for them to buy. He's the very definition of a champagne socialist.

The likes of Neville/Henderson etc... are the worst kind of cnut pretending to care about a cause when in reality it's all just front.
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Offline Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21033 on: November 7, 2023, 11:35:12 am »

No he's a bellend, the time for him to make comments was to back Klopp when he called it out, instead he went the other way the hypocrite budget Pep.

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21034 on: November 7, 2023, 11:40:01 am »

The real embarrassment is Arteta having a meltdown at the Newcastle incidents and then only a few weeks ago telling us to move on after the referee's/VAR corruption after the Diaz goal. I'd have a degree of sympathy for him if he'd backed us up back he went out of his way to be a cnut about it so.....
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Offline Jm55

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #21035 on: November 7, 2023, 11:41:42 am »
Keys is a bellend but..

This the same Keys who swore to the world that the Salah to Saudi deal was 100% done?

The guy is an attention seeking prick, unless he’s willing to evidence any of this stuff which I assume he isn’t, I don’t really think you can pick and choose which which totally baseless claims he makes that you believe, particularly with the obvious agenda he will have with Sky for daring to sack him for blatant sexual harassment, or ‘banter’ as he put it.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #21036 on: November 7, 2023, 11:45:18 am »
Wouldn't believe a word Keys says.  But if it's true, he could be on about literally anyone, I doubt Neville and Carragher would've told him that.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline wampa1

• Should probably leg it while he can......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21037 on: November 7, 2023, 11:45:22 am »
Since the spitting incident. Now shit-scared to lose his job.

Neville used to be alright too. Can we pinpoint his turn too?

Offline The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21038 on: November 7, 2023, 11:47:11 am »
No he's a bellend, the time for him to make comments was to back Klopp when he called it out, instead he went the other way the hypocrite budget Pep.

He did back Klopp, you only read the quotes sky talksport and mellisa ready wanted you to read.

Offline mainone

• Anny Roader
  • this is the end.....
« Reply #21039 on: November 7, 2023, 11:49:49 am »
Guard of honour for tierney