Author Topic: VAR! Video Assistant Referee & Shite Referees in General  (Read 1392456 times)

Online Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
Re: VAR! Video Assistant Referee & Shite Referees in General
« Reply #20960 on: November 5, 2023, 10:57:15 pm »
Nice consistency with the Rodri penalty last week there...
guarantee that gets given for a similar incident on any City player
« Last Edit: November 5, 2023, 10:59:23 pm by Wabaloolah »
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Online Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #20961 on: November 5, 2023, 10:59:06 pm »
I didn't think Rodri's against Utd was a penalty, but why did VAR feel the need to intervene last week and not on this occasion? If that's the bar they're using for potential penalties for Man City, it has to apply to the rest of the league too.
If Rodri's was a penalty then I don't see how they can't call that on Virgil. Klopp called it, it was a wrestling move, ridiculous
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline StigenKeegan

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #20962 on: November 6, 2023, 01:22:28 am »
To repeat myself with a slightly different choice of words: The refs ARE consistent. Very consistent. They consistently give decisions to our main rivals that they consistently do not give to us.

Offline The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20963 on: November 6, 2023, 02:33:01 am »
VAR isnt set up to get decisions correct, its set up to back up referees when they make massive fuck ups. “Inconclusive “ “subjective” “no angle” “50/50” all cop outs. The only thing that matters is “on field decision” no matter how bad it is.

Offline kj999

• 180 + 90 = ...............er..............hang on................ oh yeah 180........ :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Maths Mug!
« Reply #20964 on: November 6, 2023, 02:57:57 am »
The lego haired prick needs to STFU. Listening to his own press too much. ANother a Pep's Prodigy's that doesnt get enough criticism or scrutiny.
Clarity of Thought before Rashness of Action...

Offline Bastion Of Invincibility

• Anny Roader
« Reply #20965 on: November 6, 2023, 06:55:23 am »
The lego haired prick needs to STFU. Listening to his own press too much. ANother a Pep's Prodigy's that doesnt get enough criticism or scrutiny.

Except that he's spot on, maybe not about that particular goal but these are high-quality elite institutions being refereed and patronised by amateurs.

Offline ScottScott

• Thugby...It's just not rugger old chap!!!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20966 on: November 6, 2023, 07:57:54 am »
Another shocking weekend from the refs but nothing will be done. Their stooges will be out in the media today backing them up and when they've got the likes of Carragher and Neville defending them then they can do no wrong. Just off the top of my head:

• Havertz should have been off. Off the floor, absolutely reckless and could have really hurt the player
  • Bruno should have been sent off for the elbow. His only intention is to elbow the Arsenal lad in the back of the head and if that isn't violent conduct then nothing is
  • Havertz 2nd yellow for another out of control lunge not given
  • Another Bruno hand/arm to the throat which could have seen red
  • The Newcastle goal was a farce. Can't be 100% on the ball being in or out so that's fine but that is 100% a foul on Gabriel and I don't know how it isn't given when you can see it from several angles
  • The Sheffield United penalty is now up there with one of the worst decisions of the season. Silva does not touch the player, who is already falling down, and yet after several replays they don't correct the decision
  • VVD getting lashed about by his neck in the box and yet nothing is given. All fine. No consistency between that and Rodri last weekend

I've said it before and I'll say it until I decide to give the whole sport up. These fellas have never played the game in their lives and yet they have total control over the outcome of every game and the rules of the game. It's fucked up on so many levels

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #20967 on: November 6, 2023, 08:28:33 am »
There is no 'conspiracy' in the way people who try and say nothing is going on believe.

But there are teams that, on the whole, get certain decisions for them and few decisions against them compared to the 'average' and there are teams that get the opposite and then you have the rest that get purely random results depending on who they are playing, who the ref is, who the linos are, what ground it's at and which players are playing.

Of course, the thing that would make the league a good league would be if A happened then B is the result regardless of any of the above.

We are a long, long, long way away from that and have been for a few decades. The Premier league is successful and makes a ton of cash. Why would those at the top want to change that. They must feel that the officiating helps drive the product and people are joining across the world to view the show.

All I have ever wanted to see is if a situation occurs then it's got a predictable and constant outcome. Nothing more. Nothing less. Every single week shows this is not the case and no one is ever held to account.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Avens

• Look around you! Clearly knows his Gary Gum from his Anti-Gary Gum.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20968 on: November 6, 2023, 08:54:58 am »
I wonder who's on the apologies list this weekend then. Gary O'Neil and Wolves must be absolutely apoplectic having had two equally terrible decisions in two weeks. Both of which VAR could've fixed.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now. - Jurgen Klopp

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #20969 on: November 6, 2023, 09:20:09 am »
So what did the referee give the free kick for?

It could only have been for a hand ball, stopping the break. Nothing else. That's a yellow card offence.

VVD was pulling Jota away from the referee when he was asking the question.
Handball but he didnt have good angle to see how deliberate it was. Im sure if he had a better angle he gives a yellow. The Replay showed how it Deliberate it was.

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #20970 on: November 6, 2023, 09:42:44 am »
guarantee that gets given for a similar incident on any City player

Dale Johnson later today "it's different to the rodri incident because well, you know. They told me it was"

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #20971 on: November 6, 2023, 09:44:16 am »
I've seen enough to believe it's cock-up rather than conspiracy.

The audio from the Diaz disallowed goal showed the whole thing up as the amateurish mess that most of us already assumed it to be.  The clear lack of consistency is down to officials with different levels of (often mediocre) ability left with huge scope for "interpretation".

In the Newcastle vs. Arsenal game if there was an agenda to help Newcastle then the Havertz tackle was the equivalent of an open goal.  Maybe VAR not intervening after the Guimaraes assault was influenced by the earlier non-intervention or maybe it was just more bad officiating.

It seems inevitable that VAR will at some point have an AI element to it.  Not necessarily a bad thing as it will provide more consistency but realistically it's a long way off so finding some way to drag up the level of the humanoids in the meantime would be great.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #20972 on: November 6, 2023, 10:48:53 am »
I've seen enough to believe it's cock-up rather than conspiracy.

The audio from the Diaz disallowed goal showed the whole thing up as the amateurish mess that most of us already assumed it to be.  The clear lack of consistency is down to officials with different levels of (often mediocre) ability left with huge scope for "interpretation".

In the Newcastle vs. Arsenal game if there was an agenda to help Newcastle then the Havertz tackle was the equivalent of an open goal.  Maybe VAR not intervening after the Guimaraes assault was influenced by the earlier non-intervention or maybe it was just more bad officiating.

It seems inevitable that VAR will at some point have an AI element to it.  Not necessarily a bad thing as it will provide more consistency but realistically it's a long way off so finding some way to drag up the level of the humanoids in the meantime would be great.

What do people mean by the word 'conspiracy' though?

It's not a shadowy enclave located in the Swiss Alps with henchmen wearing 'The man from Milk Tray' Ninja uniforms while Solsjaer drives a golf buggy through vast underground tunnels with sharks chomping in the background.

It may and is likely many reasons some of which are 'innocent' and some less so.

The age of the people involved is a concern. I used to be a very fit 20s person. I'm a 50s bloater now and couldn't hope to even keep up with my past self. Thinking that old blokes can keep up with the rocket-powered top players of today is a joke.

The tech level of those involved in VAR is clearly wanting and their rules and interpretation of the game is quite often suspect. Either they aren't keeping up with play as refs, have unconcious (or concious) bias and maybe like/dislike certain clubs.

That's poor, but would be countered by good training, accountability, review of performance and programmes to find errors and to correct them and then prevent them.

This doesn't appear to happen and the same ref can see the same event three times and give three different outcomes - quite often in the same game.

There is no consistency and there appears to be no drive or plan to achieve it.

We clearly are reffed by certain officials differently than certain other clubs. Certain other clubs are clearly reffed differently than certain other clubs. In many cases, the games are really, really, really close and more often than not, the deadlock is broken by an officials decision. And that's fine. If the decisions are on the whole fair and correct.

Fair and correct decisions seems to be dependant on the club or the team or the player or the manager or the location of the club.

It's easy to pick figures out and prove this statistically. A few Universities and people like Paul Tompkins and other stattos have done just this. You just have to see the opinions of the officials which is in black and white comparing how (say) the English Grealish is treated compared to the North African Salah.

At the end of the day, it really doesn't matter WHAT the reason is. The only thing that should matter is to remove the reason.

If it's training then better training is required. If it's fitness then fitter people are required. If it's bias then unbiased people are required. If it's pressure from clubs our countries or players or managers then punishments and remedial action is required.

All these things can only be done through complete openness. If they were miked up and put their conversations out in real time for all to hear then I think (If they aren't as bent as fuck) they would get a lot of sympathy.

Players make mistakes. Managers make mistakes. It's expected and it's more than fair enough for refs and linos and even VAR to make mistakes. If mistakes are what they are.

The aim should be to get the correct decision each and every single time. If that doesn't happen then the process to fix it should be open and the results should be open.

Dropping someone for a game or two when they come back and do it selectively just again helps no one.

No fans want their club to get shithouse decisions for them every game. I'd say most fans just want to see the game decided by the players and their ability and performance and the tactical prowess of the manager.

Far, far, far too many games are all about the referee and how they changed a game. That's not right. If steps were being taken to fix that then I think we'd all be happier.

At the moment it's like a secret cabal where no one is allowed to pierce the inner sanctum. That's ridiculous. Look how open and fair seeming the refs in rugby are and they have giants of men to order about.
« Last Edit: November 6, 2023, 11:30:54 am by Andy @ Allerton! »
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20973 on: November 6, 2023, 12:33:50 pm »
So he'd have given a penalty for the Virgil challenge ::)

https://www.skysports.com/football/live-blog/11095/13001867/ref-watch-live-newcastle-celtic-man-utd-decisions-analysed

Still stunned they don't think Newcastle player challenge warrants a red.

Offline Walshy nMe®

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #20974 on: November 6, 2023, 02:15:54 pm »
There's a reason they won't mic the refs up and let us hear all of the audio from every game.  They are either incompetent or bent.

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #20975 on: November 6, 2023, 02:17:00 pm »
I'm sure someone will find the link, but Anthony Taylor's demotion to the Championship went terribly.

He gave Preston a pen for the player falling over after taking a shot.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline MH41

• Kopite
« Reply #20976 on: November 6, 2023, 02:26:28 pm »
I'm sure someone will find the link, but Anthony Taylor's demotion to the Championship went terribly.

I thought his 'punishment' was bizarre.
Demotion to the championship, but officiating in the PL the same weekend (following day)???

He managed to get Klopp booked too!

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20977 on: November 6, 2023, 02:30:56 pm »

Watched that earlier. Couldn't believe it was from that game and thought it must've been an old one. Surely he's down to League 1 next weekend?

I don't really understand the decision to 'demote' a ref from the PL to the Championship after a howler. Why are the EFL not kicking up a fuss about it? Why are they happy taking a ref that has been deemed incompetent?
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Online RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20978 on: November 6, 2023, 02:54:56 pm »
Watched that earlier. Couldn't believe it was from that game and thought it must've been an old one. Surely he's down to League 1 next weekend?

I don't really understand the decision to 'demote' a ref from the PL to the Championship after a howler. Why are the EFL not kicking up a fuss about it? Why are they happy taking a ref that has been deemed incompetent?

The fans fucking hate it. Not sure if managers have spoken out about it but it's basically officials way of appearing to punish a ref without actually punishing them

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20979 on: November 6, 2023, 07:09:04 pm »
Neville calling for Premier League to do something about the clubs releasing statements ala Arsenal & Liverpool is amusing.

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20980 on: November 6, 2023, 07:23:46 pm »
Neville calling for Premier League to do something about the clubs releasing statements ala Arsenal & Liverpool is amusing.

Truly the Prime Minister of Football.
Bless Goldbridge for coining that.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20981 on: November 6, 2023, 07:53:42 pm »
Truly the Prime Minister of Football.
Bless Goldbridge for coining that.
We've both released "dangerous" statements recently according to him. ::)

Online Tonyh8su

• Tonyign0r35u
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #20982 on: November 6, 2023, 08:02:38 pm »

Just wait til United are absolutely robbed by PGMOL....Good job I typed that because I couldn't have said it without laughing.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20983 on: November 6, 2023, 08:05:03 pm »

Good job he's irrelevant
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20984 on: November 6, 2023, 08:09:13 pm »
Good job he's irrelevant
Still has a platform to convey these opinions to many.

Offline Bullet500

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20985 on: November 6, 2023, 08:13:12 pm »
"Ultimately, at this moment in time it's a dangerous statement to make to be fair."

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20986 on: November 6, 2023, 08:16:10 pm »
"Ultimately, at this moment in time it's a dangerous statement to make to be fair."
?

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20987 on: November 6, 2023, 08:22:53 pm »
Truth is often dangerous.
He has a point.

Imagine asking a multi billion pound enterprise to invest some time and money into transparency and rules implementation. What shocking heresy that is in todays world.

Online RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20988 on: November 6, 2023, 08:25:27 pm »

The fucking irony of him of all people saying that

Might do him well to practice what he preaches

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #20989 on: November 6, 2023, 08:26:17 pm »
This is gonna end up making me ill, a complete disgrace. The league has totally gone.

One of the same teams that always benefit from these "human errors". It's bent.

Offline fowlermagic

• Ilittarate
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20990 on: November 6, 2023, 08:39:02 pm »
Could they draw out the process just a wee more as i think five minutes to review incidents is not long enough 🤣🤣🤣🤣let's look at twenty replays then ask the main official who makes the final decision join the process. Sad, breaks up any rhythm of the game. Adds more boredom to boring games. Players toppling over when they get hit by a breeze sure adds to the distaste of the modern game
I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi5-V75v-6I

Offline Spezialo

• Knocked out of the world cup. Should have had a pen. As if you wouldn't confront the ref.
  • Kopite
« Reply #20991 on: November 6, 2023, 08:40:24 pm »
Carra watching van dijk being dragged to the ground and basically said it’s “6 of one, half a dozen of the other’. Then later watches Chong diving and then claims Gomez is lucky to only concede a free. He doesn’t correct himself when the replay shows no contact. What the fuck is wrong with the man? I don’t expect Liverpool bias, just basic cognition would do.

He's a gobshite, that's what he is

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #20992 on: November 6, 2023, 08:44:17 pm »
Oliver on the pitch.

VAR: John Brooks.
Assistant VAR: Dan Robathan.

Having another fine day with the reviews at Stockly Park.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20993 on: November 6, 2023, 08:44:30 pm »
Carra watching van dijk being dragged to the ground and basically said it’s “6 of one, half a dozen of the other’. Then later watches Chong diving and then claims Gomez is lucky to only concede a free. He doesn’t correct himself when the replay shows no contact. What the fuck is wrong with the man? I don’t expect Liverpool bias, just basic cognition would do.

That challenge on Vam Dijk was dreadful and a clear penalty. I don't expect us to get penalties nowadays but thought there would be much more made of it. Klopp brought it up post match but it's strangely been quiet on that front.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20994 on: November 6, 2023, 08:47:45 pm »
I didnt use to mind carragher. But hes coming across as well arrogant and up himself these days. Not good enough to lace Van Dijks boots. At times i think hes jealous of this liverpool team and these players.

Offline Bullet500

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20995 on: November 6, 2023, 08:50:33 pm »
?
Neville's catchphrases. He finds it difficult to construct sentences without them.

Offline IgorBobbins

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • BOBBINS!
« Reply #20996 on: November 6, 2023, 09:09:28 pm »
Have the rules changed recently or something?  Bruno smashing someone over the head - no red card.  Romero kicking out petulantly - no red card.   Am I going mad or something?  Those have always been reds for years.

Online John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20997 on: November 6, 2023, 09:14:47 pm »

Are there any vids for that mate?

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #20998 on: November 6, 2023, 09:20:30 pm »
Are there any vids for that mate?

Was hoping one of the techy lot would embed the video, but here is a link to twitter

https://x.com/the_forty_four/status/1721225451278893076?s=46&t=jCPbk4G147VnXk0LjMfysg
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Online John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20999 on: November 6, 2023, 09:31:43 pm »
Christ that's awful.
Ta mate.