Author Topic: Call of Duty WWII - Released November 2017  (Read 35044 times)

Offline thelinnen

• Tepid Water Lite. Serial Moaner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Call of Duty WWII - Released November 2017
« Reply #200 on: November 6, 2017, 03:05:53 pm »
Ah got ya. Yea I see what you mean about the many angles you can get shot from. Perhaps its to stop camping? Though in saying that Ive noticed a couple of camping points on one map alone.

Was just chatting about that very fact to my mate, the miking aspect!Gran Turismo looks like another milker too. Its a bit of a cheek/con when we are already paying 50 sheets!
That encourages camping though, people camp for high killstreaks or because they're scared of running out and getting shot. A good Cod game should allow players to work out where the majority of the other team is at all times to make them feel confident moving around the map, that's definitely not the case here. Black Ops 3 did it well, every map had 3 lanes you could move down and it was pretty easy to work out where everyone was even with jetpacks.

I bought Gran Turismo on the same day, more fool me!  ;D
« Last Edit: November 6, 2017, 03:07:51 pm by thelinnen »
Then in the midddle out pops a smiling glen johnson pulling up his jersey to reveal a t-shirt of suarez with a text saying. "OUR SUAREZ IS A FRIEND TO ALL COLOURS!"

Offline Oddball

• aka 'Steve'. Thinks Autumn is a series. Shite at COD. Search me. Mathematical legend. "Space". Likes to Fuck holmes. Currently sporting a fetching muzzy. Onion Fondler. Blinded by the light. Would like a small larger beer. Can fakh orf
  • RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #201 on: November 6, 2017, 03:12:28 pm »
Doesnt that contradict thigs though? You said theres too many lines of site you can get shot from...but you can camp? I dont know as Im not a campy c*nt ;D Also I dont want to be playing a game were its known where I am and easy for the oppo to take us all out then. Didnt do Blops 3 as got fed up with wall running and all that type of shite in the other games.

Ouch...have avoided it...for now :)
We may sign Salah, but I'll show my arse in the middle of town if we sign one of VVD or Keita. Not gonna happen.

Offline thelinnen

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #202 on: November 6, 2017, 03:22:10 pm »
Doesnt that contradict thigs though? You said theres too many lines of site you can get shot from...but you can camp? I dont know as Im not a campy c*nt ;D Also I dont want to be playing a game were its known where I am and easy for the oppo to take us all out then. Didnt do Blops 3 as got fed up with wall running and all that type of shite in the other games.

Ouch...have avoided it...for now :)
You should always know roughly where the other team is, like organised chaos. Taking that away randomises the game too much, it's already a fairly random experience. I'm still hoping that I'll adjust to it eventually but you do play multiplayer games for some element of self-improvement. If you can't find a way to consistently do well then it's just mindless as I said and it'll get boring before long.
Then in the midddle out pops a smiling glen johnson pulling up his jersey to reveal a t-shirt of suarez with a text saying. "OUR SUAREZ IS A FRIEND TO ALL COLOURS!"

Offline Oddball

• aka 'Steve'. Thinks Autumn is a series. Shite at COD. Search me. Mathematical legend. "Space". Likes to Fuck holmes. Currently sporting a fetching muzzy. Onion Fondler. Blinded by the light. Would like a small larger beer. Can fakh orf
  • RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #203 on: November 6, 2017, 03:34:30 pm »
You should always know roughly where the other team is, like organised chaos. Taking that away randomises the game too much, it's already a fairly random experience. I'm still hoping that I'll adjust to it eventually but you do play multiplayer games for some element of self-improvement. If you can't find a way to consistently do well then it's just mindless as I said and it'll get boring before long.

To me its always mindless. 80% of the time I will finish bottom or 2nd bottom. 1% I'll finish top, like last night when I had a stormer and was 29/9. I dont see how I could improve. Its the randomness of whether someone is ready for me behind the door im walking through or if I see them before they see me.
We may sign Salah, but I'll show my arse in the middle of town if we sign one of VVD or Keita. Not gonna happen.

Offline thelinnen

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #204 on: November 6, 2017, 03:38:40 pm »
To me its always mindless. 80% of the time I will finish bottom or 2nd bottom. 1% I'll finish top, like last night when I had a stormer and was 29/9. I dont see how I could improve. Its the randomness of whether someone is ready for me behind the door im walking through or if I see them before they see me.
There's always been more to Cod games than that, excluding Ghosts, Advanced Warfare, Infinite Warfare and potentially WW2. That's some company to be in, probably the reason why the other 3 are considered the most forgettable titles in the series, for me it's impossible to be good at those games unless you take a modafinil and down a can of Red Bull first.

It doesn't take much to be good at Cod, fast reaction time helps but mainly check your corners and the minimap. If there's too many corners to check you're toast  ;D
« Last Edit: November 6, 2017, 03:40:51 pm by thelinnen »

Offline Oddball

• RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #205 on: November 6, 2017, 03:50:45 pm »
There's always been more to Cod games than that, excluding Ghosts, Advanced Warfare, Infinite Warfare and potentially WW2. That's some company to be in, probably the reason why the other 3 are considered the most forgettable titles in the series, for me it's impossible to be good at those games unless you take a modafinil and down a can of Red Bull first.

It doesn't take much to be good at Cod, fast reaction time helps but mainly check your corners and the minimap. If there's too many corners to check you're toast  ;D

Now you see I missed all them you list. I didnt really do online stuff until Blops I believe and then when I went back through the old titles, some of which you list, then I was up against rank a zillion and had no chances not knowing the maps at all, and not being able to get to know them as I was getting shot to fuck, so I ended up jibbing it off.

Thats my problem, my reaction times. But in saying that I know bad stoners who are shit hot and quick! Yea corners are a git!

Offline thelinnen

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #206 on: November 6, 2017, 03:54:43 pm »
Now you see I missed all them you list. I didnt really do online stuff until Blops I believe and then when I went back through the old titles, some of which you list, then I was up against rank a zillion and had no chances not knowing the maps at all, and not being able to get to know them as I was getting shot to fuck, so I ended up jibbing it off.

Thats my problem, my reaction times. But in saying that I know bad stoners who are shit hot and quick! Yea corners are a git!
Last good non jetpack Cod was probably Black Ops 2, like I said checking corners is important, if there's too many angles you can get shot from the game becomes too random and pretty much pot luck.

Maybe pick up MWR now it's a standalone title if you feel like it, originally came out 10 years ago and never bettered. Best campaign out of the lot too bar maybe World at War.

Offline Oddball

• RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #207 on: November 6, 2017, 03:59:15 pm »
Last good non jetpack Cod was probably Black Ops 2, like I said checking corners is important, if there's too many angles you can get shot from the game becomes too random and pretty much pot luck.

Maybe pick up MWR now it's a standalone title if you feel like it, originally came out 10 years ago and never bettered. Best campaign out of the lot too bar maybe World at War.

Yea I did like Blops 2. My fav has been Blops 1 and Firing Range especially. LOVE that map. Another problem I have with checking corners, and i kid you not, when I do some c*nt will shoot me from the way I was going! So I try and play the percentages and not check hahaha.

Yea cheers but I cant justify, or afford, another Ł50 on a game. Would love it mind and when Im in the position to be able to get it, they will be rank Zillion again ;D

Offline thelinnen

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #208 on: November 6, 2017, 04:01:43 pm »
Yea I did like Blops 2. My fav has been Blops 1 and Firing Range especially. LOVE that map. Another problem I have with checking corners, and i kid you not, when I do some c*nt will shoot me from the way I was going! So I try and play the percentages and not check hahaha.

Yea cheers but I cant justify, or afford, another Ł50 on a game. Would love it mind and when Im in the position to be able to get it, they will be rank Zillion again ;D
It's Ł32.99 on Amazon, I would definitely recommend giving it a go at some point though. The game has a definite learning curve but after a few hours it clicks.

Offline Oddball

• RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #209 on: November 6, 2017, 04:03:56 pm »
It's Ł32.99 on Amazon, I would definitely recommend giving it a go at some point though. The game has a definite learning curve but after a few hours it clicks.

:'( Ive not a spare Ł3 at the mo, let alone 33. Thanks though. Daughters 18 later this month and then fucking Christmas...humbug.

Offline thelinnen

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #210 on: November 6, 2017, 04:06:39 pm »
:'( Ive not a spare Ł3 at the mo, let alone 33. Thanks though. Daughters 18 later this month and then fucking Christmas...humbug.
Well if you're a fan of the series I'd keep the idea in the back of your mind maybe next year if you get bored of WW2 haha, Cod 4 is probably in my top 5 games of all time.

Offline Oddball

• RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #211 on: November 6, 2017, 04:09:56 pm »
Well if you're a fan of the series I'd keep the idea in the back of your mind maybe next year if you get bored of WW2 haha, Cod 4 is probably in my top 5 games of all time.

Oh yea deffo mate. I will get it at some point, but at that point I'll be getting shot to fuck again as I'll be well behind. Just glad I pre ordered and paid for Star Wars 2 ages ago...cant wait for that ;D

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
« Reply #212 on: November 6, 2017, 04:13:46 pm »
Strategy? m unsure as to what you mean. Capture the flag, surely the strategy is to capture the flag and shoot the enemy along the way etc?

Ohh, you must be the brains here ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline Oddball

• RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #213 on: November 6, 2017, 04:16:47 pm »

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #214 on: November 6, 2017, 04:20:27 pm »
:lmao
How did you get the new moniker? I know it was Jim but fucking hell...even by my unique standards that's harsh! ;D ;D ;D

Offline Oddball

• RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #215 on: November 6, 2017, 04:31:24 pm »
How did you get the new moniker? I know it was Jim but fucking hell...even by my unique standards that's harsh! ;D ;D ;D

V Maribor at home after 2 mins I posted something like

2 mins in and we arnt 5 up. Klopp FSG Kenny out.

Jim said, you twat, I just come in to post the same.

I said, Thats Mr Twat to you...and lo and behold!

Offline Titi Camara

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #216 on: November 6, 2017, 04:33:49 pm »
V Maribor at home after 2 mins I posted something like

2 mins in and we arnt 5 up. Klopp FSG Kenny out.

Jim said, you twat, I just come in to post the same.

I said, Thats Mr Twat to you...and lo and behold!
Ha ha hook, line and fucking sinker ;D ;D ;D ;D
Er Mr Twat if you dont mind!
As you wish.
« Last Edit: November 6, 2017, 04:36:18 pm by Titi Camara »

Offline Oddball

• RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #217 on: November 6, 2017, 04:54:01 pm »
Ha ha hook, line and fucking sinker ;D ;D ;D ;D

Thats the one :lmao

As it goes I quite like my name. I shall now brace for a name change, or have a double bluffed you?!

Offline thelinnen

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #218 on: November 6, 2017, 09:18:48 pm »
I really can't get on with this, just giving me flashbacks to Advanced Warfare. Too many places to check whenever you move, too many corners to hide around, getting shot in the back constantly.

Think I might have to take it back and stick with MWR.

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #219 on: November 6, 2017, 10:12:02 pm »
The War mode is the most fun for me so far, making some headway in the Armoured division with the lmgs. The maps seem too small compared to cod2/waw though. The pc versions of this game always seemed better due to community customisation. I prefer more realism and a slower game to be honest. Might give hardcore a go.
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Offline dalarr

• hästarr. Call me sensitive.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #220 on: November 7, 2017, 02:51:00 pm »
Might give hardcore a go.
Hadn't played hardcore before MWR and now it's the only mode I play. It makes the game more fun.

I agree with that you can get shot from five different angles at any time. Maybe it'll get better when people get used to the maps. Played a map yesterday that I really liked. Broken Church or something. A snowy map with a big cannon in the middle. So far it feels like the maps are made for smg spray and pray which is not my cup of tea, but the this one actually catered to assault rifles and snipers.

But the servers are really rubbish at the moment. Played in a party yesterday and it took ages to find a match on hc tdm.

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #221 on: November 7, 2017, 03:19:50 pm »
Had so many matches today were there always seemed to be one player on the opposite team who simply couldn't die.

One match had one of them stood in the middle of a room, behind no cover, literally spraying and getting 4 kills before running off.

Fuck sake.

Offline KillieRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #222 on: November 7, 2017, 03:30:54 pm »
Had so many matches today were there always seemed to be one player on the opposite team who simply couldn't die.

One match had one of them stood in the middle of a room, behind no cover, literally spraying and getting 4 kills before running off.

Fuck sake.

Hmmmm, good or hacker?

There always seems to be a pattern with these games; lots of (bad) hacks available for those who want them, many "good" (but obvious) ones later on. I have to say hacking seems less of a problem on console than PC for me. As a former server admin they are generally pretty easy to spot.

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #223 on: November 7, 2017, 03:35:24 pm »

Hmmmm, good or hacker?

There always seems to be a pattern with these games; lots of (bad) hacks available for those who want them, many "good" (but obvious) ones later on. I have to say hacking seems less of a problem on console than PC for me. As a former server admin they are generally pretty easy to spot.

Oddball will back me up on this but there was a fella running round with a pistol yet getting 2 shot kills, then when he switched to his sniper, every shot seemed to be a headshot, even when no scoping.

I know there are people out there that are fucking good but no one is THAT good!

Online gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #224 on: November 7, 2017, 03:45:38 pm »
Just seen they've been doing maintenance on the servers today, with the main problem cited as issues with supply drops. Fuck you, Activision.
AHA!

Offline Oddball

• RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #225 on: November 7, 2017, 05:15:19 pm »
Oddball will back me up on this but there was a fella running round with a pistol yet getting 2 shot kills, then when he switched to his sniper, every shot seemed to be a headshot, even when no scoping.

I know there are people out there that are fucking good but no one is THAT good!

Dunno what J is on about :P

Naw seriously this guy was just soooo awesome man. Every shot and just stood balls out in the middle of the map taking a full fucking clip, or as many as you could put in him/her til they turned and shot you.
I thought you couldnt hack and such on PS4?

Offline Newman96

• Look into his eyes. Pure evil.
  • Kopite
« Reply #226 on: November 7, 2017, 06:16:54 pm »
The netcode for this is absolutely shambolic at the moment...every death I seem to put 4 hit markers on someone that don't appear on the killcam. Struggling to maintain a 1 K/D here, game would be fun if the servers worked.

Offline KillieRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #227 on: November 7, 2017, 06:32:01 pm »
Dunno what J is on about :P

Naw seriously this guy was just soooo awesome man. Every shot and just stood balls out in the middle of the map taking a full fucking clip, or as many as you could put in him/her til they turned and shot you.
I thought you couldnt hack and such on PS4?

Yeah he's hacking. If its a piece of technology it can be "worked around", that little creep seems pretty pleased with himself. Sadly, it's easy to go buy stuff to help you hack, most of them do it to wind up others rather than "win". You'll find loads of examples on YouTube,  i haven't checked for cod:ww2 but there will be some eventually. It is rarer on consoles though - part of the reason i moved over to xb1.

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #228 on: November 7, 2017, 08:01:12 pm »
Haven't played MP much yet.

But I'm really enjoying the campaign best Ive played for a while.
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline Bangin Them In

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #229 on: November 7, 2017, 08:49:15 pm »
Back to the beginning of the game that made it challenging and enjoyable

Enjoying this
A win for the Liverpool country

Offline Oddball

• RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #230 on: November 7, 2017, 09:01:13 pm »
Yeah he's hacking. If its a piece of technology it can be "worked around", that little creep seems pretty pleased with himself. Sadly, it's easy to go buy stuff to help you hack, most of them do it to wind up others rather than "win". You'll find loads of examples on YouTube,  i haven't checked for cod:ww2 but there will be some eventually. It is rarer on consoles though - part of the reason i moved over to xb1.
ffs. Ok mate thanks. Didnt know it was possible...pricks!

Offline Mackka

• Main Stander
« Reply #231 on: November 7, 2017, 10:10:20 pm »
Played a lot more of this lately, could say I'm slightly addicted with no life but hey ho!

War is easily the most fun I've had on this game, getting the Bunker with 1 second to go on Operation Neptune was the highlight for me so far.

The only problem I've found so far is the loading times and the servers constantly cutting out.

Other than that I really enjoy this.
"You're our main striker" - Oddball2514. 50,000 times.

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #232 on: November 8, 2017, 05:36:30 pm »
They are saying its the bestselling COD game since Black ops 2 and made over $500m in 3 days.

And 400% more people are trying to play it online compared to last years game.

Thats why they have had to make the Head quarters solo for now because its in maintenance mode to sort out connection problems with it.

And they hope to have it sorted soon.
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline KillieRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #233 on: November 8, 2017, 05:48:17 pm »
Are the multiplayer mapscreally limited to 12 players or is that just console? I'm finding it underwhelming to be honest, compared to its hey day. I didn't even play the futuristic shite, but this just seems like it.

Hopefully battlefield will do ww2 next, as bf1 has been awesome, with the campaign mode in particular.

Offline Oddball

• RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #234 on: November 8, 2017, 07:43:35 pm »
They are saying its the bestselling COD game since Black ops 2 and made over $500m in 3 days.

And 400% more people are trying to play it online compared to last years game.

Thats why they have had to make the Head quarters solo for now because its in maintenance mode to sort out connection problems with it.
And they hope to have it sorted soon.

Ah, my mate went to Tesco to buy it and it was sold out!

Was wondering why there were no people in headquarters now I know.

Offline thelinnen

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #235 on: November 8, 2017, 07:44:57 pm »
Are the multiplayer mapscreally limited to 12 players or is that just console? I'm finding it underwhelming to be honest, compared to its hey day. I didn't even play the futuristic shite, but this just seems like it.

Hopefully battlefield will do ww2 next, as bf1 has been awesome, with the campaign mode in particular.
They'll always be limited to 12 players because Cod is an arcade game, if you want a war simulator play Battlefield.

It is very underwhelming, only 9 multiplayer maps most of which are terrible. I think I'm gonna take it back and stick with Modern Warfare Remastered.

Treyarch are apparently making a modern game for next year, if they are I'd say that's worth a buy. The other two studios don't have a clue what they're doing in all honesty.

Offline Oddball

• RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #236 on: November 8, 2017, 08:50:09 pm »

How would you know if you never played them? Its nothing like the futuristic ones. There isnt people flying or running sideways on walls!

They'll always be limited to 12 players because Cod is an arcade game, if you want a war simulator play Battlefield.

It is very underwhelming, only 9 multiplayer maps most of which are terrible. I think I'm gonna take it back and stick with Modern Warfare Remastered.

Treyarch are apparently making a modern game for next year, if they are I'd say that's worth a buy. The other two studios don't have a clue what they're doing in all honesty.

You sure there is only 9? Theres 4 alone in WAR and i know ive played at least 8 in CTF. In your opinion they are terrible. The 2 other people, Mackka and Si are really enjoying them, as am I...bar Operation Neptune. Not keen on that map.

Offline thelinnen

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #237 on: November 8, 2017, 08:55:25 pm »
You sure there is only 9? Theres 4 alone in WAR and i know ive played at least 8 in CTF. In your opinion they are terrible. The 2 other people, Mackka and Si are really enjoying them, as am I...bar Operation Neptune. Not keen on that map.
I have no interest in war so for me there's only 9 maps, it's a poor effort. For comparison MW2 had 16 maps at launch. Considering they had 3 years to make the game the only reason I think there's so few is to sell DLC.

Offline Mackka

• Main Stander
« Reply #238 on: November 8, 2017, 09:00:02 pm »

I'm actually loving all the maps to be honest, including Operation Neptune. I feel like they've got the right balance of little and large but none like Nuketown/Rust where they're small enough to be insanely chaotic
"You're our main striker" - Oddball2514. 50,000 times.

Offline Oddball

• RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #239 on: November 8, 2017, 09:05:38 pm »
I have no interest in war so for me there's only 9 maps, it's a poor effort. For comparison MW2 had 16 maps at launch. Considering they had 3 years to make the game the only reason I think there's so few is to sell DLC.

I was just pointing out that there were more than 9 as you said there was only 9...plus thinking back to Blops and Blops 2, which were the last ones I played properly, there were only around 9 on them were there not?