Author Topic: Call of Duty WWII - Released November 2017  (Read 35200 times)

Online gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
Re: Call of Duty WWII - Released November 2017
« Reply #320 on: December 12, 2017, 10:57:51 pm »
BO3 was a far more balanced game. I don't get how a COD game can get it's basic three lane map layout so wrong, you're practically having to play with eyes in the back of your head.

Someone needs to do a Vietnam setting. And by someone, I mean Dice and Battlefield. That expansion on BC2 was the tits.
Whadda'y'know?!! Bad Company 3 set in Vietnam is the rumoured next Battlefield. Get in!
AHA!

Offline Beard

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #321 on: December 18, 2017, 02:40:00 am »
Playing with Airborne LVL 4 with the Sten gun and hustle..... it's like cheating.

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #322 on: December 18, 2017, 05:48:00 pm »
Whadda'y'know?!! Bad Company 3 set in Vietnam is the rumoured next Battlefield. Get in!

I know people have complained endlessly about futuristic combat after some of the recent CoD's, but personally I think that's down to CoD going to hell rather than the setting being bad. I was hoping DICE would do something ballsy and make a futuristic shooter that shits all over anything the various CoD studios have done in the past decade.

Offline thelinnen

• Tepid Water Lite. Serial Moaner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #323 on: December 18, 2017, 06:08:58 pm »
I know people have complained endlessly about futuristic combat after some of the recent CoD's, but personally I think that's down to CoD going to hell rather than the setting being bad. I was hoping DICE would do something ballsy and make a futuristic shooter that shits all over anything the various CoD studios have done in the past decade.
It's down to the developers really, the best people at Infinity Ward left shortly before Modern Warfare 2 was launched and since then have been average at best, Sledgehammer Games are atrocious. Treyarch are the only studio who have made consistently good games so hopefully next year's game continues that trend.
Then in the midddle out pops a smiling glen johnson pulling up his jersey to reveal a t-shirt of suarez with a text saying. "OUR SUAREZ IS A FRIEND TO ALL COLOURS!"

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #324 on: December 25, 2017, 01:33:43 pm »
Anyone know the cheapest place I can pick this up? Was going to swerve this but I've been suckered in
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline Graeme

• Slightly Undergay RAWK PC Support
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #325 on: December 25, 2017, 01:39:47 pm »
Think Game have got it for about a tenner at the min

Offline Sir Psycho Sexy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #326 on: January 1, 2018, 08:18:57 pm »
Think Game have got it for about a tenner at the min
pre owned surely? i was consdiering paying 40 since i could do with a new cod, and zombies. haven't had one since BLOPS2, mate had the recent one but it was awful imo.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline Graeme

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #327 on: January 1, 2018, 08:55:16 pm »
My bad, I thought was posting in the MW2 Remastered thread :(

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #328 on: January 2, 2018, 10:21:05 am »
They are saying at one point over Christmas there was over 12 Million people playing it online on the PS4 at the same time.
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #329 on: January 2, 2018, 12:23:22 pm »
I got it over Xmas. The SP is actually not bad and the multiplayer is okay, feel a bit out the loop because I usually get call of duty games on launch but it's the first cod game I haven't really thought about and had no expectation for so that's what I've probably had a decent time with the little I've played of it.

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #330 on: January 26, 2018, 08:26:57 pm »
Prop hunt looks interesting will have to give it a go.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/j0--SoAL0hk" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/j0--SoAL0hk</a>
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline wadey-LFC

• Legacy Fan
  • Round the fields of Anfield Road
« Reply #331 on: January 26, 2018, 10:08:52 pm »
Prop hunt is hilarious.
"Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool." Bill Shankly

Offline dalarr

• hästarr. Call me sensitive.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #332 on: February 3, 2018, 11:45:25 am »
Is there a reliable site where you can see how many people are actively playing this game, like you can with Steam?
Currently on Steam Skyrim has double the amount of players in the last hours..sales and players on launch day is one thing but I would love to know if this game is a bust
« Last Edit: February 3, 2018, 11:48:37 am by dalarr »

Offline Andy_lfc

• Kopite
« Reply #333 on: February 5, 2018, 01:45:45 pm »
The player count on the game was taken out either after Ghosts or AW without explanation -  but the cynic in me reckons it is to try and hide the fact that the CoD player base as a whole is declining.  There is definitely a reason the stats for consoles are not easy to find - maybe they don't want you to see them? 

The Steam data looks like WW2 retains about a third of its player base - I don't know if this is good or bad as I would expect some drop off....

Offline dalarr

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #334 on: February 6, 2018, 06:43:53 pm »
Thank you mate. I've been wondering if I've become old and grumpy or if the COD franchise is finally coming to an end. I think they've been lazy since MW3 and gotten away with it.

Offline Andy_lfc

• Kopite
« Reply #335 on: February 7, 2018, 10:28:55 am »
Prop hunt is hilarious.

In your opinion.  I did try it just purely out of some strange masochistic need to see how stupid it was.  I wasn't disappointed.  Oh and its boring too - I don't want to stand still and hide as a sideboard while the other team randomly shoot the map.  Sorry I just don't see the appeal at all.

Offline Andy_lfc

• Kopite
« Reply #336 on: February 7, 2018, 10:31:54 am »
Thank you mate. I've been wondering if I've become old and grumpy or if the COD franchise is finally coming to an end. I think they've been lazy since MW3 and gotten away with it.

I agree with this, though I would give them Black Ops 2 as the last truly good CoD game.  I have officially given up on WW2 now after my prop hunt try.  Unless Treyarch do something truly special with the rumoured Black Ops 4, I am out.

Offline pezzzer

• Kopite
  • Club first country second
« Reply #337 on: February 8, 2018, 08:09:03 am »
I'm still really enjoying this, I play quite a lot of WAR and with the new maps it's pretty good. It's the first COD since MW2 I've enjoyed this much. If you get a couple of people together it's a good laugh.
metallic on psn, cod4 buddies welcome

Offline dalarr

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #338 on: February 9, 2018, 10:57:07 pm »
I'm still really enjoying this, I play quite a lot of WAR and with the new maps it's pretty good. It's the first COD since MW2 I've enjoyed this much. If you get a couple of people together it's a good laugh.
Tried that, played a lot of games with my friends and none of us have it installed anymore. Don't get me wrong, this is not the standard "new COD suckz activision pls fix" thing, we just couldn't get into it. I find it a bit sad because we've had a lot of fun with this franchise throughout the years.

Offline Oddball

• aka 'Steve'. Thinks Autumn is a series. Shite at COD. Search me. Mathematical legend. "Space". Likes to Fuck holmes. Currently sporting a fetching muzzy. Onion Fondler. Blinded by the light. Would like a small larger beer. Can fakh orf
  • RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #339 on: February 10, 2018, 03:50:59 am »
Unfortunately it has got pretty boring real quick.
We may sign Salah, but I'll show my arse in the middle of town if we sign one of VVD or Keita. Not gonna happen.

Offline Graeme

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #340 on: February 10, 2018, 09:59:15 am »
I’m still really enjoying it. The franchise started going down hill as soon as they started putting stupid futuristic weapons and perks in it. That probably started around Black Ops and has continued to get more ridiculous with every release. This has been a very welcomed back to basics for me.

Offline OOS

• Jordan Henderson fanclub member #4
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #341 on: February 10, 2018, 10:17:27 pm »
Unfortunately it has got pretty boring real quick.

I thought that, but somehow got sucked back in. Enjoyable shooter which you can pick up after couple of weeks off.
"I think the most important thing about music is the sense of escape." - Thom Yorke

Offline Oddball

• aka 'Steve'. Thinks Autumn is a series. Shite at COD. Search me. Mathematical legend. "Space". Likes to Fuck holmes. Currently sporting a fetching muzzy. Onion Fondler. Blinded by the light. Would like a small larger beer. Can fakh orf
  • RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #342 on: February 11, 2018, 02:52:26 pm »
I thought that, but somehow got sucked back in. Enjoyable shooter which you can pick up after couple of weeks off.

Thats it though mate. Ive picked =it up since, and bought the new map backs, and have gone urgh bored. Wished theyd update Blops 2 and bring it out on these consoles. Would happily go back to that on the XBox 360, but just full of invisible players and/or mortar strikes going off constantly. LOVED that game.
We may sign Salah, but I'll show my arse in the middle of town if we sign one of VVD or Keita. Not gonna happen.

Offline pezzzer

• Kopite
« Reply #343 on: February 12, 2018, 03:01:13 pm »
It's dividing opinions I guess but it's all down to personal choice/experience of it.
I was on on Friday night playing with a couple of guys on our team called EFCdave..... and EFCbillie.... we won the match and they were chatting a bit of shit but all in good taste but I couldn't help say "must be nice for the 2 Evertonians to be supporting a winning team for once" queue carnage!!

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #344 on: February 12, 2018, 03:26:30 pm »
Q/scoping is utter AIDS in this game, been a fairly poor year for MP FPS, Destiny 2 PvP is awful too.

Offline pezzzer

• Kopite
« Reply #345 on: February 12, 2018, 04:19:33 pm »
Q/scoping is utter AIDS in this game, been a fairly poor year for MP FPS, Destiny 2 PvP is awful too.
Hard-core mode eliminates the quick scoping advantage but unfortunately modes like WAR aren't on there. My brother quick scopes which I despise but he is a filthy blue so what else can I expect  :)

Offline Oddball

• RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #346 on: February 13, 2018, 09:15:19 pm »
It's dividing opinions I guess but it's all down to personal choice/experience of it.
I was on on Friday night playing with a couple of guys on our team called EFCdave..... and EFCbillie.... we won the match and they were chatting a bit of shit but all in good taste but I couldn't help say "must be nice for the 2 Evertonians to be supporting a winning team for once" queue carnage!!

Hhahahahahahha

What you on mate, Puss4 or Xbox?

Offline pezzzer

• Kopite
« Reply #347 on: February 14, 2018, 01:40:31 pm »
Hhahahahahahha

What you on mate, Puss4 or Xbox?

Xbox mate, some of the matches can be quiet with not much talking so it's good when you get a few good lads on There up for a laugh.
I'm a mediocre player so I like the banter as much as the winning lol

Offline Oddball

• RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #348 on: February 14, 2018, 08:49:24 pm »
Xbox mate, some of the matches can be quiet with not much talking so it's good when you get a few good lads on There up for a laugh.
I'm a mediocre player so I like the banter as much as the winning lol

Ah bugger. Puss4 myself. Was going to say, I like having a giggle whilst playing.

Offline Keita Success

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #349 on: February 22, 2018, 02:07:46 pm »
On a 2.08 KD with diamond camp on my snipers, gold on type 100, combat shotgun and the knife. Most fun I've had is running round knifing folk. I do it on the game now, too.

Offline Danny Boys Dad

• Errol Flynn when he's had a few
  • Legacy Fan
  • Now listen here son
« Reply #350 on: February 22, 2018, 03:49:46 pm »
Still haven't got this. If I'm never likely to play anything other than the campaign is it worth £45?
Legacy fan

Offline Oddball

• RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #351 on: February 22, 2018, 06:21:03 pm »
Still haven't got this. If I'm never likely to play anything other than the campaign is it worth £45?

No, defiantly not.

Offline Danny Boys Dad

• Legacy Fan
  • Now listen here son
« Reply #352 on: February 26, 2018, 02:48:09 pm »
Legacy fan

Offline pezzzer

• Kopite
« Reply #353 on: February 28, 2018, 12:54:47 pm »
Why would you not take it online mate? If you get a few good lads together it's a proper laugh. There's about 6 of us (2 of which just asked to join our group randomly after playing us) and it's not about how good you are but just banter. Give it a go ;)

Offline Oddball

• RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #354 on: March 1, 2018, 02:08:39 pm »
Why would you not take it online mate? If you get a few good lads together it's a proper laugh. There's about 6 of us (2 of which just asked to join our group randomly after playing us) and it's not about how good you are but just banter. Give it a go ;)

What console are you?

Offline Danny Boys Dad

• Legacy Fan
  • Now listen here son
« Reply #355 on: March 1, 2018, 02:29:39 pm »

Tried it a few times and didn't find it any fun at all, just endlessly being killed by snipers or bloody airstrikes or people who move so fast you can hardly see them. And then you have to watch yourself get killed, then respawn somewhere where you get killed again in seconds.

Maybe I'm just not good enough to get much out of it but I don't get any enjoyment at all from it.
Legacy fan

Offline pezzzer

• Kopite
« Reply #356 on: March 2, 2018, 08:13:41 am »
What console are you?

Xbox mate, PapaLazarue

Offline pezzzer

• Kopite
« Reply #357 on: March 2, 2018, 08:16:11 am »
Tried it a few times and didn't find it any fun at all, just endlessly being killed by snipers or bloody airstrikes or people who move so fast you can hardly see them. And then you have to watch yourself get killed, then respawn somewhere where you get killed again in seconds.

Maybe I'm just not good enough to get much out of it but I don't get any enjoyment at all from it.
I get what your saying mate and there's some extemly good players out there, not much fun get killed over and over and it happens to me all the time but that's why when you get a few mates together who are all about the same level it becomes much more like the fun your after mate

Offline Danny Boys Dad

• Legacy Fan
  • Now listen here son
« Reply #358 on: March 2, 2018, 10:07:08 am »
I get what your saying mate and there's some extemly good players out there, not much fun get killed over and over and it happens to me all the time but that's why when you get a few mates together who are all about the same level it becomes much more like the fun your after mate

I like the story elements to the campaign as well, rather than the groundhog day of just battling it out on a map over and over again.

I much prefer a game like Far Cry, RDR or Mafia 3 to endless online battles that are all pretty similar.

Each to their own though I guess
Legacy fan

Offline Oddball

• RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #359 on: March 2, 2018, 11:06:46 am »
Xbox mate, PapaLazarue

Aw, Puss4 myself.