Author Topic: Call of Duty WWII - Released November 2017  (Read 35199 times)

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
Re: Call of Duty WWII - Released November 2017
« Reply #160 on: November 3, 2017, 03:20:36 pm »
Does your player move forward when you look down your sight?

Is it a zoom setting on iron sights? Can you change it?

This has downloaded automatically on my xbox, even though I haven't bought it yet.
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Offline Oddball

• aka 'Steve'. Thinks Autumn is a series. Shite at COD. Search me. Mathematical legend. "Space". Likes to Fuck holmes. Currently sporting a fetching muzzy. Onion Fondler. Blinded by the light. Would like a small larger beer. Can fakh orf
  • RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #161 on: November 3, 2017, 03:29:30 pm »
I only played for an hour last night at midnight, but I don't recall my player moved forward whilst aiming mate.

Fuck. Ok cheers kid.
We may sign Salah, but I'll show my arse in the middle of town if we sign one of VVD or Keita. Not gonna happen.

Offline Oddball

• aka 'Steve'. Thinks Autumn is a series. Shite at COD. Search me. Mathematical legend. "Space". Likes to Fuck holmes. Currently sporting a fetching muzzy. Onion Fondler. Blinded by the light. Would like a small larger beer. Can fakh orf
  • RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #162 on: November 3, 2017, 03:30:03 pm »
Is it a zoom setting on iron sights? Can you change it?

This has downloaded automatically on my xbox, even though I haven't bought it yet.
Not a clue mate. Not that I can see.
We may sign Salah, but I'll show my arse in the middle of town if we sign one of VVD or Keita. Not gonna happen.

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #163 on: November 3, 2017, 03:35:19 pm »
Does your player move forward when you look down your sight?
Sounds like a controller issue.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Online gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #164 on: November 3, 2017, 03:39:21 pm »
Nope, me neither.

More I play it, the more I dislike it. Some of the maps are shocking, Gustav Cannon in particular.
AHA!

Offline Oddball

• RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #165 on: November 3, 2017, 03:52:15 pm »
Sounds like a controller issue.

Shit! Ok mate ta.

Offline gomez

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #166 on: November 3, 2017, 08:10:07 pm »
Only had 3 games of TDM but thought it was decent, nothing groundbreaking but enjoyable. Certainly better than anything they’ve produced over the last couple years.

Offline Oddball

• RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #167 on: November 3, 2017, 08:49:22 pm »
Yea for some reason my left trigger was acting like I was pushing up on the thumb stick. £45 for a new bloody controller later and I can properly play the game. liking it more and more.

Offline Zend...en the clowns

• Legacy Fan
  • Likes BBQ sauce a bit too much..
« Reply #168 on: November 4, 2017, 12:09:54 am »
Got this today. Been hugely turned off by COD series since bops/bops2. So much so that I went and bought bops as soon as it became backwards compatible and have played it since.

Not sure if the lack of jumpacks and bullshit tech are clouding my judgement a bit because so far, after about 5 hours I love it. Love the simplicity of it and it feels like a massive, comprehensive offering; zombies, campaign, multiplayer. Even the various elements of multiplayer, war mode, headquarter stations etc.

From someone who has hated call of duty for the last 5/6 years, and has no allegiance to the brand I'd say take the punt.
He posts in the day, he posts in the niiiiiiggghht,
That Zend...en the clowns, his timings just right.

Offline Mackka

• Main Stander
« Reply #169 on: November 4, 2017, 04:56:12 am »
So, I got this tonight,, about 4 hour download time getting it from the Play-station Store.

It was definitely worth the wait. I haven't sat here and said to myself "I love this game" since Black Ops 2, before and after it became backwards compatible.

I'm not sure whether it's the boots on the ground game play, or that there doesn't seem to be a gun too overpowered (as of yet). I'm using the first assault rifle and the PPSH, and I love both of them.

Genuinely a fantastic game so far, going to rank up more tomorrow, then I'll try the campaign to see what that is like.
"You're our main striker" - Oddball2514. 50,000 times.

Offline dalarr

• hästarr. Call me sensitive.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #170 on: November 4, 2017, 07:33:59 am »
The weapon selection is pretty underwhelming. Aren't there very few weapons to choose from?

Online gerrardisgod

• Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #171 on: November 4, 2017, 08:23:06 am »
I think there's quite a few locked behind Supply Drops  :butt

There's definitely variants in them.
AHA!

Offline MrRaptorTurtle

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #172 on: November 4, 2017, 11:02:06 am »
The weapon balancing is awful in this game so far, SMG's rule the game and rifles are ridiculously underpowered! Servers were dodgy yesterday too but I'm liking the actual gameplay which is a first for me in years, no more flying across maps and wall running is bliss ;D

Offline kingmonkey007

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #173 on: November 4, 2017, 11:15:53 am »
Anyone else's game constantly get stuck at the after match scoreboard thing?

Online gerrardisgod

• Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #174 on: November 4, 2017, 11:19:00 am »
Yep. And I constantly seem to be in Headquarters on my tod.

The maps and gun balance are driving me mad. How many maps are there btw? Seems like there's only about six.
AHA!

Offline dalarr

• hästarr. Call me sensitive.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #175 on: November 4, 2017, 01:22:02 pm »
Getting stuck after matches myself. As for gun balance: have you tried hardcore mode? Makes the game much more enjoyable and also makes every gun deadly.

Offline MrRaptorTurtle

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #176 on: November 4, 2017, 01:23:07 pm »
Getting stuck after matches myself. As for gun balance: have you tried hardcore mode? Makes the game much more enjoyable and also makes every gun deadly.
Nope, I used to love playing it on the older COD's though! May give it a go later.

Offline thelinnen

• Tepid Water Lite. Serial Moaner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #177 on: November 4, 2017, 01:42:14 pm »
Anyone want to party up on Xbox send me a friend request, gamertag is the same as my rawk username.
Then in the midddle out pops a smiling glen johnson pulling up his jersey to reveal a t-shirt of suarez with a text saying. "OUR SUAREZ IS A FRIEND TO ALL COLOURS!"

Offline Oddball

• RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #178 on: November 4, 2017, 03:31:59 pm »
Got this today. Been hugely turned off by COD series since bops/bops2. So much so that I went and bought bops as soon as it became backwards compatible and have played it since.

Not sure if the lack of jumpacks and bullshit tech are clouding my judgement a bit because so far, after about 5 hours I love it. Love the simplicity of it and it feels like a massive, comprehensive offering; zombies, campaign, multiplayer. Even the various elements of multiplayer, war mode, headquarter stations etc.

From someone who has hated call of duty for the last 5/6 years, and has no allegiance to the brand I'd say take the punt.

Mirror this 100% bar no knowing Blops is backwards compatible. May have to see if I can pick up a cheap enough copy.

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #179 on: November 4, 2017, 04:30:41 pm »
Whats this that auto downloaded on my xb1? Is it a free limited time demo? I certainly have access to multi player servers 8) .

Had a few rounds of s&d and did ok. Its a bit jumpy parkour for an old school pc tactical realism player,  but not bad.

Prefer BF1 at the minute, the maps seem very small and it had more the fedl if Insurgency thzn CoD2 etc
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Offline Kopite Tom

• Kopite
« Reply #180 on: November 4, 2017, 06:34:18 pm »
Played the first mission of the campaign & few games of Domination last night. Feels like the same old CoD albeit without the futuristic gadgets which is a blessing. Going to have a few hours on it tonight before getting stuck into it properly sunday night/ all monday.

I am also getting stuck after finishing a round, have no way of leaving the game until it starts the next one. The constant loading screens are a bit of a piss take too when going back to HQ.

Offline Zend...en the clowns

• Legacy Fan
  • Likes BBQ sauce a bit too much..
« Reply #181 on: November 4, 2017, 09:03:21 pm »
Mirror this 100% bar no knowing Blops is backwards compatible. May have to see if I can pick up a cheap enough copy.

Do it mate, best game I ever bought for me Xbox one.

Servers still alive and well with loads of games.
He posts in the day, he posts in the niiiiiiggghht,
That Zend...en the clowns, his timings just right.

Offline Oddball

• RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #182 on: November 4, 2017, 09:45:49 pm »
Do it mate, best game I ever bought for me Xbox one.

Servers still alive and well with loads of games.

Its only backwards with XBox and not PS4 :'(

Offline kingmonkey007

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #183 on: November 5, 2017, 01:58:05 pm »
Servers are a bit rubbish today and for some reason the supply drops i got after a game are not showing up, seems like they have a ton of bugs and stuff to fix.

Offline Teapot

• Legacy Fan
  • Smile....It confuses people!!
« Reply #184 on: November 5, 2017, 02:18:06 pm »
I bought this last night and ive managed to get 3-4 matches, constant error codes an booting me to the main menu.  Contacted M$ and got a refund. 

Offline Oddball

• RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #185 on: November 5, 2017, 02:30:21 pm »
Arse. Hope they sort it for after the footy!

Offline MrRaptorTurtle

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #186 on: November 5, 2017, 04:20:54 pm »
Is it weird that my favourite weapon is the Panzerschreck ? ;D

Offline Oddball

• RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #187 on: November 5, 2017, 04:22:41 pm »
Is it weird that my favourite weapon is the Panzerschreck ? ;D

Very ;D

Offline Ron

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #188 on: November 5, 2017, 04:29:12 pm »
Servers are a bit rubbish today and for some reason the supply drops i got after a game are not showing up, seems like they have a ton of bugs and stuff to fix.
That must be the reason it got a 9 (fuck me are these people being paid or what !) out of 10 from Gamespot.
Games that release with bugs and microtransactions deserve high scores in today's world.
From what I've seen it is a reboot of 2005's CoD 2, same gameplay, same annoying squadmates, same objectives, same can't see fuck all because of all the smoke and debris gameplay.

Offline MrRaptorTurtle

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #189 on: November 5, 2017, 05:11:59 pm »
Very ;D
If maining a rocket launcher is wrong then I don't wanna be right.

Offline Oddball

• RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #190 on: November 5, 2017, 05:28:42 pm »
If maining a rocket launcher is wrong then I don't wanna be right.

Hahahaha. To be fair I have some sort of Panzerschrek or bazooka as a secondary ;D

Offline 'Mondzz'

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #191 on: November 5, 2017, 05:32:46 pm »
Boss this.

Refreshing to not see people running across walls and triple jumping over your head.
THOSE AREN'T FINGERS. THOSE ARE SCARF TASSELLS.

Offline MrRaptorTurtle

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #192 on: November 5, 2017, 05:53:10 pm »
Hahahaha. To be fair I have some sort of Panzerschrek or bazooka as a secondary ;D
That a boy ;D
I'm going for the golden camo on my Panzerschreck

Online darragh85

• Legacy Fan
Re: Call of Duty WWII
« Reply #193 on: November 5, 2017, 06:56:48 pm »
CoD 1 and 2 were both superb on the PC. I will definitely be purchasing.

i remember buying COD 1 on release day. Hadnt read reviews and knew nothing about it. Just saw it on the shelf and decided to get it. Little did i know what this game was the beginning of. the original COD was a masterpiece and i bought every single release up until Black Ops 2. i thought it went into decline after the first black ops game and i lost interest.

Online gerrardisgod

• Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #194 on: November 5, 2017, 08:06:00 pm »
It's broke beyond belief right now.

Anyone take a good 5-10 seconds before actually starting a game? Leaving you spectating your teammates running about, with invisible guns :lmao
AHA!

Offline Oddball

• RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #195 on: November 5, 2017, 08:07:34 pm »
That a boy ;D
I'm going for the golden camo on my Panzerschreck

Nice ;D

Offline thelinnen

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #196 on: November 5, 2017, 10:40:18 pm »
It's really not that good once you look past the no jetpack gimmick. Maps are shocking and the game plays like Advanced Warfare, just no structure to it at all getting shot from multiple angles with inconsistent guns. I thought maybe once I warmed up a bit I'd change my mind but there's no real strategy to winning games or racking up kills. The supply drops are really tacky as well.
« Last Edit: November 5, 2017, 10:42:44 pm by thelinnen »
Then in the midddle out pops a smiling glen johnson pulling up his jersey to reveal a t-shirt of suarez with a text saying. "OUR SUAREZ IS A FRIEND TO ALL COLOURS!"

Offline Oddball

• RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #197 on: November 6, 2017, 02:33:12 pm »
It's really not that good once you look past the no jetpack gimmick. Maps are shocking and the game plays like Advanced Warfare, just no structure to it at all getting shot from multiple angles with inconsistent guns. I thought maybe once I warmed up a bit I'd change my mind but there's no real strategy to winning games or racking up kills. The supply drops are really tacky as well.

Strategy? m unsure as to what you mean. Capture the flag, surely the strategy is to capture the flag and shoot the enemy along the way etc?

Offline thelinnen

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #198 on: November 6, 2017, 02:41:01 pm »
Strategy? m unsure as to what you mean. Capture the flag, surely the strategy is to capture the flag and shoot the enemy along the way etc?
It's mindless, you can't control areas of the maps because there are too many lines of sight to get shot from. I'm quite good at running and gunning, usually average over 3 kills a death on the other games but in this I feel like I'm having to watch every angle at all times, it's Advanced Warfare without the jetpacks.

To be honest all playing this makes me want to do is go back to MWR. The guns and map selection are poor too, it's set up for supply drop weapons and DLC to milk your wallet as much as they can.
« Last Edit: November 6, 2017, 02:43:01 pm by thelinnen »

Offline Oddball

• RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #199 on: November 6, 2017, 03:02:40 pm »
It's mindless, you can't control areas of the maps because there are too many lines of sight to get shot from. I'm quite good at running and gunning, usually average over 3 kills a death on the other games but in this I feel like I'm having to watch every angle at all times, it's Advanced Warfare without the jetpacks.

To be honest all playing this makes me want to do is go back to MWR. The guns and map selection are poor too, it's set up for supply drop weapons and DLC to milk your wallet as much as they can.

Ah got ya. Yea I see what you mean about the many angles you can get shot from. Perhaps its to stop camping? Though in saying that Ive noticed a couple of camping points on one map alone.

Was just chatting about that very fact to my mate, the miking aspect!Gran Turismo looks like another milker too. Its a bit of a cheek/con when we are already paying 50 sheets!