Author Topic: Trent Alexander-Arnold  (Read 1438399 times)

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Trent Alexander-Arnold
« Reply #5720 on: November 8, 2020, 10:53:38 pm »
We don't know that this one isn't a tear though. Fingers crossed it is just something minor.

We don't know that it wasn't a heart attack either & I've been told that they're fatal in all cases where they're not.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5721 on: November 8, 2020, 11:08:58 pm »
Honestly I think injuries are going to curse us this season. Too much football in to short a time frame.
The Everton fans were right.  Too much caffeine in our half-time apple juice  ::)

A small blessing for Trent is that he doesn't have to spend any time with that imbecile Southgate.  Hopefully a couple of weeks' rest and he'll be good to go again.

Offline Tony19:6

• Begets John 3:16
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born and Bred
« Reply #5722 on: November 8, 2020, 11:37:06 pm »
Almost as if some people want him to be out for 7/8 weeks

Some people are so glass half full.
A Great man once said...
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and of making yourself available to receive a pass.
It is terribly simple."

http://twitter.com/Tony19_6

Offline Andy-oh-six

• Legacy Fan
  • Mr Susan in 'the world of mirrors'...
« Reply #5723 on: November 8, 2020, 11:38:24 pm »
Shaqiri’s torn calf in summer 2019 fucked up his season completely last year. Hopefully this is minor for Trent. He’s irreplaceable. Whoever else fills in just can’t do what he does.
Internet terrorist

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5724 on: November 8, 2020, 11:40:55 pm »
Shaqiri’s torn calf in summer 2019 fucked up his season completely last year. Hopefully this is minor for Trent. He’s irreplaceable. Whoever else fills in just can’t do what he does.

Tbf in Shaqs case that's equal to a 3rd of his body mass.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5725 on: November 8, 2020, 11:52:59 pm »
It's a sacrificial muscle.

Offline Morgana

• Legacy Fan
  • Sanity is overrated.
« Reply #5726 on: November 9, 2020, 12:07:18 am »
Almost as if some people want him to be out for 7/8 weeks

Some people are so glass half full.
I think you mean "glass half empty." To be perfectly honest, while I'm hopeful and optimistic for him to be ready in 3 weeks or so, I was thinking about the Alisson case, which took longer than we hoped, and the fact that although Trent skipped preseason camp he still wasn't fit to play the Community Shield due to the same calf problem. On the bright side, he gets to rest instead of wasting time and energy with Southgate's England.

I've been worrying about him possibly burning out since before the Atalanta game. Judging by his interviews he seems to think playing 3 games a week is dandy and he doesn't want to miss a single one... But his age and physiology say otherwise. His body isn't built for that. Robertson, on the other hand, could probably run for days and not suffer these types of muscle injuries because he's more experienced and his physiology is different. For Trent, something had to give between the last PL game, Atalanta and this one. Playing all 3 ultimately crocked him.

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #5727 on: November 9, 2020, 12:28:37 am »
I think you mean "glass half empty." To be perfectly honest, while I'm hopeful and optimistic for him to be ready in 3 weeks or so, I was thinking about the Alisson case, which took longer than we hoped, and the fact that although Trent skipped preseason camp he still wasn't fit to play the Community Shield due to the same calf problem. On the bright side, he gets to rest instead of wasting time and energy with Southgate's England.

I've been worrying about him possibly burning out since before the Atalanta game. Judging by his interviews he seems to think playing 3 games a week is dandy and he doesn't want to miss a single one... But his age and physiology say otherwise. His body isn't built for that. Robertson, on the other hand, could probably run for days and not suffer these types of muscle injuries because he's more experienced and his physiology is different. For Trent, something had to give between the last PL game, Atalanta and this one. Playing all 3 ultimately crocked him.

Please explain why something had to give between West Ham, Atlanta and City. That was 3 games in eight days, with 5 days between the Atlanta and City games. Not ideal but to suggest that something had to give is absolutely absurd.

There was obviously enough recovery time between the Atlanta and City games so how has playing all three ultimately crocked him ?
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5728 on: November 9, 2020, 12:46:53 am »
Its not the first time we've played with this schedule. Players get injured eventually and he's had one or two overall in 4 years ehich is incredible.

Offline Morgana

• Legacy Fan
  • Sanity is overrated.
« Reply #5729 on: November 9, 2020, 01:55:59 am »
Please explain why something had to give between West Ham, Atlanta and City. That was 3 games in eight days, with 5 days between the Atlanta and City games. Not ideal but to suggest that something had to give is absolutely absurd.

There was obviously enough recovery time between the Atlanta and City games so how has playing all three ultimately crocked him ?

3 games in 8 days not that much different from "3 games in a week" when you factor in international travel.  Accumulatively, the 5-day break between Atalanta and City means nothing when you have just had an intense PL game 3 days before Atalanta, travel to Ajax and more PL games with just 2 to 3 days rest between these fixtures before that. Plus Trent played every single PL game last year. Plus when you consider the lack of a preseason and how brutal the fixture list has been since the start of the season, something like this was bound to happen. That's why I said last week I wished Klopp would've given the two FBs a break between WH and the City game because Man City always stretches us to the limit... Maybe we could've done without them v. Atalanta. Who knows? But sometimes you have to make these sacrifices to ensure your main workhorses get some down time. We went for maximum points in the CL and did our best to get 3 more points Sunday, but these fullbacks run a lot and I think over the course of the season he may have to consider giving them breaks mid-week or skip the odd PL game if they're needed for a tough CL tie. No matter how hard the sacrifice appears to be, THIS particular season, something has to give or they will burn out physically and mentally. 

Offline ep1987

• Emiliano Insua head coach
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #5730 on: November 9, 2020, 02:11:20 am »
Yes. It means he's not dead.

Clearly you haven't seen Breaking Bad.

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #5731 on: November 9, 2020, 02:22:31 am »
3 games in 8 days not that much different from "3 games in a week" when you factor in international travel.  Accumulatively, the 5-day break between Atalanta and City means nothing when you have just had an intense PL game 3 days before Atalanta, travel to Ajax and more PL games with just 2 to 3 days rest between these fixtures before that. Plus Trent played every single PL game last year. Plus when you consider the lack of a preseason and how brutal the fixture list has been since the start of the season, something like this was bound to happen. That's why I said last week I wished Klopp would've given the two FBs a break between WH and the City game because Man City always stretches us to the limit... Maybe we could've done without them v. Atalanta. Who knows? But sometimes you have to make these sacrifices to ensure your main workhorses get some down time. We went for maximum points in the CL and did our best to get 3 more points Sunday, but these fullbacks run a lot and I think over the course of the season he may have to consider giving them breaks mid-week or skip the odd PL game if they're needed for a tough CL tie. No matter how hard the sacrifice appears to be, THIS particular season, something has to give or they will burn out physically and mentally. 

Sorry but you cannot complain about international travel when the two games you have mentioned are in Bergamo and Amsterdam. Bergamo is a little over 2 hours and the Dam is about an hour and a half.

You still haven't explained why something had to give for Trent between Sheff U on a Saturday , Atalanta on a Tuesday and City on a Sunday.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Morgana

• Legacy Fan
  • Sanity is overrated.
« Reply #5732 on: November 9, 2020, 02:27:02 am »
Sorry but you cannot complain about international travel when the two games you have mentioned are in Bergamo and Amsterdam. Bergamo is a little over 2 hours and the Dam is about an hour and a half.

You still haven't explained why something had to give for Trent between Sheff U on a Saturday , Atalanta on a Tuesday and City on a Sunday.
Actually, I think I explained it pretty well in the previous post. I've got nothing else for you, Al.

Its not the first time we've played with this schedule. Players get injured eventually and he's had one or two overall in 4 years ehich is incredible.

We would have this type of schedule in a December when the holiday fixtures pile up, esp. if you're in a CWC or whatever. Or in late-January / early February if you're still in the domestic cups. But not in November after having no pre-season, and with so many international games (Nations League and Euro-qualifiers) crammed into a 2-month period. To suggest we've ever seen anything like this before at this stage of the season is madness.

Online Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #5733 on: November 9, 2020, 03:02:11 am »
Actually, I think I explained it pretty well in the previous post. I've got nothing else for you, Al.

You haven't explained it well though. The current schedule is likely to increase the likelihood of an injury. That is clear, we all know that. Stating with any kind of certainty that something had to give between West Ham, Atalanta and City is frankly absurd. So is saying that Trent is crocked because he played in all three.

Trent had more than enough time to recover between Atalanta and City.
« Last Edit: November 9, 2020, 03:29:50 am by Al 666 »
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline didi shamone

• Too old for fighting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5734 on: November 9, 2020, 06:35:07 am »
Clearly you haven't seen Breaking Bad.

Is that the new Daniel Sturridge documentary?

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #5735 on: November 9, 2020, 07:02:24 am »

I thought the time to rest him was against the Danes at home but he still started that one. Also.could have made the subs earlier against Atalanta.

Muscle injuries will be impossible to avoid though.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #5736 on: November 9, 2020, 08:32:25 am »
He was on his phone when he said he can play 3 times a week in that interview though so not sure you can take it that seriously, and maybe it’s karma for such a lack of respect
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline MD1990

• Makes your eyes bleed and your brain hurt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5737 on: November 9, 2020, 09:32:50 am »
some of the comments in here.
It is most likely just a small calf strain 2-3 weeks nothing more.

Offline amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5738 on: November 9, 2020, 09:34:37 am »

Might be getting you confused with someone else but didn't you also downplay the extent of VVD's injury before it was confirmed?

Offline MD1990

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5739 on: November 9, 2020, 09:49:48 am »
Might be getting you confused with someone else but didn't you also downplay the extent of VVD's injury before it was confirmed?
yeah i was wrong on that.
i prefer to be glass half full

Offline amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5740 on: November 9, 2020, 09:51:41 am »

Best to just wait and get official news rather than speculating.

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #5741 on: November 9, 2020, 10:01:36 am »
Personally surprised he played all three CL games - I know midfield injuries havent helped as Milner has had to play in midfield but Neco could have done a job against Midtjylland.

Who knows if it'd have made a difference. Fingers crossed he doesn't miss too many games. A crucial cog.

Offline Gods_Left_Boot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5742 on: November 9, 2020, 10:04:03 am »
Calf muscle injuries are an absolute bastard to recover from, at least we have the international break now to lessen the impact a bit and have Trent miss fewer games than he would have under normal circumstances.
September 12, 2012:Truth today, justice tomorrow.

Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes
Those who've campaigned for the truth on Hillsborough were once a suppressed minority. Now the minority are those left clinging to the lies.

My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world.

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #5743 on: November 9, 2020, 10:25:26 am »
You haven't explained it well though. The current schedule is likely to increase the likelihood of an injury. That is clear, we all know that. Stating with any kind of certainty that something had to give between West Ham, Atalanta and City is frankly absurd. So is saying that Trent is crocked because he played in all three.

Trent had more than enough time to recover between Atalanta and City.

You're right with the bolded bit.

I think Morgana is focussing on the wrong period of time. We've had 7 games in 21 days from the Everton game and Trent has played in every one for more than an hour in each. If you're looking at accumulative load over that period of time then the risk of a soft tissue injury is greatly increased, especially when you include an extremely high intense game on a very heavy pitch like the second half yesterday. Maybe we could have given Trent a bit more of a rest in one of those 7 games?

There's a difference between being glass half full and playing amateur doctor without any realism though ;)

Offline Morgana

• Legacy Fan
  • Sanity is overrated.
« Reply #5744 on: November 9, 2020, 11:04:23 am »
I thought the time to rest him was against the Danes at home but he still started that one. Also.could have made the subs earlier against Atalanta.

Muscle injuries will be impossible to avoid though.
Agreed. The keyword in what I said above was "accumulatively." Factoring his ongoing calf issue since last season and the lack of preseason, it didn't make sense to me that he played Ajax, both Midjtylland games and Atalanta with City on the horizon just before the international break. An injury seemed inevitable all things considered. Going forward we'll have to manage his minutes more closely because calf tears take time. Only silver linings here are the break from England and Neco getting a chance to develop until Trent recovers.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5745 on: November 9, 2020, 11:09:48 am »
Best thing we can do is beat Atalanta and then we're through. Play the kids in final 2 UCL games. Should be enough to get something to get us to the top of the group. We'll lose against Ajax but who cares.

Play the u12s in the FA cup.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline JC the Messiah

• Legacy Fan
  • ♪ ...and now Jürgen-a believe us... ♬
« Reply #5746 on: November 9, 2020, 11:11:00 am »
Of course, he walked off the pitch - didn't he?
"I said to the boys before the game it would be impossible. But because it’s you, I say we have a chance."
Jürgen Klopp, 7 May 2019

"I told them if we score it will be different. We scored. It was different."
Rafael Benitez, 25 May 2005

Offline Morgana

• Legacy Fan
  • Sanity is overrated.
« Reply #5747 on: November 9, 2020, 11:12:05 am »
Of course, he walked off the pitch - didn't he?
;D

Offline Morgana

• Legacy Fan
  • Sanity is overrated.
« Reply #5748 on: November 9, 2020, 11:15:44 am »
Best thing we can do is beat Atalanta and then we're through. Play the kids in final 2 UCL games. Should be enough to get something to get us to the top of the group. We'll lose against Ajax but who cares.

Play the u12s in the FA cup.

Play the Under 9's in the FA Cup and the Under 12s in the last 2 UCL games if we sew up qualification after the next one. We might be needing Rhys, Billy the Kid and the rest of them for PL games at this rate. 

EDIT: Forgot the CL Squad list closed. Dammit!  :P

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #5749 on: November 9, 2020, 11:15:56 am »
Williams or Milner will be able to cover.

Or Kloppo could do something unexpected and go 3-5-2 with Robbo and Milner as wingbacks. Maybe even Jota. He seems to be good at everything
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5750 on: November 9, 2020, 11:17:19 am »
Play the Under 9's in the FA Cup and the Under 12s in the last 2 UCL games if we sew up qualification after the next one. We might be needing Rhys, Billy the Kid and the rest of them for PL games at this rate. 

EDIT: Forgot the CL Squad list closed. Dammit!  :P

Glad we're out of league cup to be honest. This season really isn't the season to go for all 4.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline Morgana

• Legacy Fan
  • Sanity is overrated.
« Reply #5751 on: November 9, 2020, 11:21:47 am »
Glad we're out of league cup to be honest. This season really isn't the season to go for all 4.
Absolutely. If we win the league this season it will close the debate for the rest of time on whether Klopp is the best manager in the world. Nobody else has the skill, the know how, the trust or faith to develop young players the way he does. Bielsa a close second. Pep doesn't even make my top 5.

Online Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #5752 on: November 9, 2020, 12:14:18 pm »

You're right with the bolded bit.

I think Morgana is focussing on the wrong period of time. We've had 7 games in 21 days from the Everton game and Trent has played in every one for more than an hour in each. If you're looking at accumulative load over that period of time then the risk of a soft tissue injury is greatly increased, especially when you include an extremely high intense game on a very heavy pitch like the second half yesterday. Maybe we could have given Trent a bit more of a rest in one of those 7 games?

I agree completely the schedule is ridiculous and it would of been favourable to rest Trent. It was another trying to state with certainty that Trent would get injured playing 3 games in 8 days.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5753 on: November 9, 2020, 12:53:40 pm »
Williams or Milner will be able to cover.

Or Kloppo could do something unexpected and go 3-5-2 with Robbo and Milner as wingbacks. Maybe even Jota. He seems to be good at everything

Williams obviously can play there but he is very very poor defensively.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #5754 on: November 9, 2020, 12:59:19 pm »
Williams obviously can play there but he is very very poor defensively.

Yes, the 19 year old with seventeen senior appearances isn’t Cafu yet ;D
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5755 on: November 9, 2020, 01:17:43 pm »
Yes, the 19 year old with seventeen senior appearances isn’t Cafu yet ;D

Nobody said he needs to be Cafu or is expecting him to be Cafu now did they ? The point is, it's a problem that we have to solve. Him being a liability defensively doesn't mean that the lad isn't talented or won't improve, but right now it's a blow.

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5756 on: November 9, 2020, 01:27:43 pm »
Nobody said he needs to be Cafu or is expecting him to be Cafu now did they ? The point is, it's a problem that we have to solve. Him being a liability defensively doesn't mean that the lad isn't talented or won't improve, but right now it's a blow.
Same stuff was thrown at Trent when he first made it in to the team, Williams will improve just like Trent did. Williams has plenty to improve on but more exposure to first team football will definitely help with that. If Trent is out for a prolonged period I think Milner will play the big games and Williams against the so called lesser sides.
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5757 on: November 9, 2020, 01:30:29 pm »
Same stuff was thrown at Trent when he first made it in to the team, Williams will improve just like Trent did. Williams has plenty to improve on but more exposure to first team football will definitely help with that. If Trent is out for a prolonged period I think Milner will play the big games and Williams against the so called lesser sides.

Right again nobody said he won't improve, but that improvement doesn't happen in 2 or 3 games. Ergo why it's a problem at this moment.

Online So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #5758 on: November 9, 2020, 01:32:03 pm »

If Wiiliams can't develop surrounded by players like Henderson and Thiago and backed up by a goalkeeper like Allison he won't have a future at Liverpool. He's up against Salah, Mane or Jota in training so Klopp will have a good idea of his potential.

I'd  be pleasantly surprised if his distribution matches Trent's though.

Offline MD1990

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5759 on: November 9, 2020, 01:41:25 pm »
Trent showed far more than Williams at his age.

I dont think Williams has done as bad as some made out though.
Do think he can do well against bottom half sides especially at home.