Author Topic: Divock Origi, scourge of the T-Rex  (Read 282572 times)

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Believer
Re: Divock Origi, scourge of the T-Rex
« Reply #2960 on: March 21, 2019, 01:34:41 PM »
Just have a feeling that this lad will have a big say in the title race and the trophy ending up at Anfield come May..

Our Macheda ?
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Believer
  • We All Live In A Red And White Klopp
    • Andrew Ness Photographer
« Reply #2961 on: March 21, 2019, 04:13:25 PM »
Except it is true, Salah was our record signing, since then every main player we bought has been that and more fabhino was the same amount as Salah, Keita, Allison and VVD were all significantly more. Since Salah's transfer Neymar, Coutinho, Mbappe, Dembele and even 31 year old Ronaldo have gone for over 100M. These are top players as you said but now even decent players are crazy money Lukaku 90M, Kepa 70M, Lemar 60M Mahrez 60M Morata 60M

And? We could quote a lot of players not as good as Salah who cost more than him before we bought him. There are some very expensive players. That does not mean that all good players are equally expensive.

Here are a few from 2016, the year before we bought Salah:
Sane 37m
Stones 47.5m
Hulk 46.5m
Higuain 75m

More? How about these from a year before that?
Martial 36m
Sterling 49m
Di Maria 45m
De Bruyne 55m

Plenty of clubs spending a hell of a lot more than us, always were. Means nothing. We find value. We aren't trying to buy big names. The club is very good at finding the right players, and we have the resources to bring them here.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA
www.twitter.com/AndrewNessy

Offline Foregone Concussion

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #2962 on: March 21, 2019, 04:20:42 PM »
Who the heck signed Hulk for 45m? 

Martial for 36m is a rip off too, given his return. And Man Utd have played payed some more since then I think.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline blacksun

• Believer
« Reply #2963 on: March 21, 2019, 05:46:15 PM »
And? We could quote a lot of players not as good as Salah who cost more than him before we bought him. There are some very expensive players. That does not mean that all good players are equally expensive.

Here are a few from 2016, the year before we bought Salah:
Sane 37m
Stones 47.5m
Hulk 46.5m
Higuain 75m

More? How about these from a year before that?
Martial 36m
Sterling 49m
Di Maria 45m
De Bruyne 55m

Plenty of clubs spending a hell of a lot more than us, always were. Means nothing. We find value. We aren't trying to buy big names. The club is very good at finding the right players, and we have the resources to bring them here.

Thanks for proving my point, all those you quoted were less than 50M (bar Higuain) the year before, the following year players of a similar standard were 60+ so the market is going up at huge numbers every year now. If you think anyone is going to sell us their best player for 8M now you're nuts. As soon as we ask they are going to bump the price up because we are now part of the top table group.

Offline jonkrux

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2964 on: March 21, 2019, 07:05:48 PM »

Martial for 36m is a rip off too, given his return. And Man Utd have played payed some more since then I think.

Shanghai SIPG..

one of thosr crazy summers where the  Chinese clubs were buying everyone at ridiculous prices like Oscar at Chelsea for 50 million..
If you also remember we were interested in Alex Teixera who also went to China.

Offline BobPaisley3

• Believer
« Reply #2965 on: March 21, 2019, 07:10:02 PM »
I still don't get why people consider a 4th attacking player, when we play with 3, a back up. Plenty of times this season all three of Mane, Firmino and Salah have looked like they need a rest, or been injured, or not been on form, so over the course of a 50+ game season a 4th player would easily get 2000+ mins.
Thank you.

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #2966 on: March 21, 2019, 07:17:33 PM »

Thought martial was 58m

Offline RyanBabel19

• Believer
« Reply #2967 on: March 21, 2019, 07:35:43 PM »
Except it is true, Salah was our record signing, since then every main player we bought has been that and more fabhino was the same amount as Salah, Keita, Allison and VVD were all significantly more. Since Salah's transfer Neymar, Coutinho, Mbappe, Dembele and even 31 year old Ronaldo have gone for over 100M. These are top players as you said but now even decent players are crazy money Lukaku 90M, Kepa 70M, Lemar 60M Mahrez 60M Morata 60M

My point is there wont be many decent players at cheap prices because the top players raise the bar and now every team wants top money for the better players. Werner a player many think we might be after will be at least 50M. This idea that we will be able to find rough gems lying around for peanuts is crazy as soon as we are remotely linked to anyone now the price will rocket, its why agents keep throwing our name around as possible destinations for their client

We all believe we are back at the top of the game again and competing with the Barca's, Madrid's, Utd's, City's and rightly so. The problem with that is we will also be charged the premium they get charged for players they want too.

And to claim Torres wasn't a massive signing is crazy he was our record signing in 2007 and many pundits, fans etc thought we'd massively overspent on him, thankfully they were sooooo wrong but we didn't break that record again until we sold Torres and used the money to buy Suarez and Carroll.

The issue with that is... again, this kind of thing gets wheeled out every year and yet Andy Robertson still cost 8 million and stands alone as the best left back in the league. Xerdan Shaqiri was what... 12 million, gem of a player... peanuts. The two of them together is 20 million which is nothing. Our front 3 were less than 100 million.

Nothing you've said disputes the massive point i made in the post you quoted... ' the average cost of players will continue to increase, but there will always be overlooked players like Salah who go for a lot less than their true value.'

You can hardly rule out any players that qualify for my point by putting in a specific 'main players wer've bought' line. All those players you've mentioned just strengthen my point, I never once claimed there isn't an increase in the average cost of a player, in fact I said the exact opposite, but there will always be gems in the market that CAN be bought without spending a shitload.

Torres wasn't, big singing yes but there were plenty questioning the transfer. He was signed at the point we DID NOT sign stars, we made them.

There will always be bargains available, you don't have to be a huge name, established superstar or world class player to be a gem. Clauses in contracts is just one of a few reasons for that. Oh look Julian Brandt is available for 22 million this summer

Offline Foregone Concussion

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #2968 on: March 21, 2019, 07:47:33 PM »
Shanghai SIPG..

one of thosr crazy summers where the  Chinese clubs were buying everyone at ridiculous prices like Oscar at Chelsea for 50 million..
If you also remember we were interested in Alex Teixera who also went to China.

OH yeah, cheers. Remember that story, thankfully doesn't seem to have been one of those 'what could have been' ones :)
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline blacksun

• Believer
« Reply #2969 on: March 21, 2019, 10:49:18 PM »
The issue with that is... again, this kind of thing gets wheeled out every year and yet Andy Robertson still cost 8 million and stands alone as the best left back in the league. Xerdan Shaqiri was what... 12 million, gem of a player... peanuts. The two of them together is 20 million which is nothing. Our front 3 were less than 100 million.

Nothing you've said disputes the massive point i made in the post you quoted... ' the average cost of players will continue to increase, but there will always be overlooked players like Salah who go for a lot less than their true value.'

You can hardly rule out any players that qualify for my point by putting in a specific 'main players wer've bought' line. All those players you've mentioned just strengthen my point, I never once claimed there isn't an increase in the average cost of a player, in fact I said the exact opposite, but there will always be gems in the market that CAN be bought without spending a shitload.

Torres wasn't, big singing yes but there were plenty questioning the transfer. He was signed at the point we DID NOT sign stars, we made them.

There will always be bargains available, you don't have to be a huge name, established superstar or world class player to be a gem. Clauses in contracts is just one of a few reasons for that. Oh look Julian Brandt is available for 22 million this summer

OK this is the last I will say on this in here as we are derailing the thread but you are using exceptions not the rule when it comes to our transfers, these are the first eleven recently and the other transfers since Klopp arrived who are still here

Alisson       50m
TAA           Youth
Matip         Free
Robertson  8m
Fabhino     38m
Gini           25m
Henderson 20m
Salah         37m
Firmino      29m
Mane         25m

Others:
Ox             35m
Keita          54m
Shaqiri        12m

Now looking at the list what stands out?
The two players you are using as you proof of us only buying cheap gems being the only ones we spent little on.
These two players were also signed from teams going down who needed to shift players off their wage bill, who from Huddersfield, Fulham and Cardiff shall we buy for a pittance that can be of use to our squad? Please don't say sessegnon either cause we were told it would take more than 20m for him last summer and hes had a season in the PL now so he will be closer to 30m.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2019, 10:55:28 PM by blacksun »

Offline thekitkatshuffler

• Dreams of John Barrowman's lips, bearded ladies and the origins of mirth. Which he thinks is an abbreviation of "Middle Earth".
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • YNWA
« Reply #2970 on: March 21, 2019, 11:06:41 PM »
Our Macheda ?
Well he's not good enough to be the new Vladimir Smicer, so sure, Macheda will do.

Big impact this season and replaced by someone better next season.  :thumbup
David Platt has a face like a Michael Myers mask being stretched over a dinosaur egg.
Aquilani is better than Pele, Maradona, Cruyff, Messi and Beckenbauer put together.

Offline RyanBabel19

• Believer
« Reply #2971 on: March 21, 2019, 11:59:55 PM »
OK this is the last I will say on this in here as we are derailing the thread but you are using exceptions not the rule when it comes to our transfers, these are the first eleven recently and the other transfers since Klopp arrived who are still here

Alisson       50m
TAA           Youth
Matip         Free
Robertson  8m
Fabhino     38m
Gini           25m
Henderson 20m
Salah         37m
Firmino      29m
Mane         25m

Others:
Ox             35m
Keita          54m
Shaqiri        12m

Now looking at the list what stands out?
The two players you are using as you proof of us only buying cheap gems being the only ones we spent little on.
These two players were also signed from teams going down who needed to shift players off their wage bill, who from Huddersfield, Fulham and Cardiff shall we buy for a pittance that can be of use to our squad? Please don't say sessegnon either cause we were told it would take more than 20m for him last summer and hes had a season in the PL now so he will be closer to 30m.

Never once said anything about us 'only buying cheap gems' so you aren't even reading my posts. Its funny how few of our team actually cost huge amounts though, which perfectly outlines my entire point

You're clearly missing the entire point too as you're fixating on the wrong things for getting players for cheaper than their true value. 'main players' 'since Salah' are all ways to work around the main point i was making in the first place, you will ALWAYS be able to sign SOME players for below thier true value. We've done it tens of times and will continue to do so, it matters fuck all who we sign them from. Look at Tottenhams squad ffs :lmao littered with players who didn't cost the world and are consistent and quality.

/

In terms of Origi, i'm interested to see how he fares in the remaining games. Its wonderful to see he seems to have regained his confidence and I have so much admiration for Klopp first highlighting his hard work, (i've mentioned it a few times but still can't find the interview in which he first praised his workrate and attitude) then rewarding it with gametime.

I hope he continues to have an impact and his confidence remains high. Whether he ends up staying or moves on I feel he still has all the tools to carve out a really succesful career, such a likeable lad and has the perfect attitude to being a team player and contributing

Offline Ratboy3G

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #2972 on: March 22, 2019, 12:00:59 AM »
I am a man of few words.....any questions?