Author Topic: Naby Keita Watch  (Read 895024 times)

Online scutty

• Kopite
  • Know nothing.
Re: Naby Keita Watch
« Reply #8120 on: Yesterday at 05:37:00 PM »
Clearly he's a fantastic player, why else would Klopp keep selecting him, surely no one on this forum thinks they know better.

Hopefully he can stay fit and get a good run of games under his belt and find the kind of form Klopp believes him capable of.
Why was my post deleted?

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #8121 on: Yesterday at 05:44:06 PM »
Okay.... gonna stop posting in here soon but I now have 3 maybe 4 LFC podcasts on my time line with titles like 'Struggling Keita' 'Keita enigma' 'Keita is a poop fest' or whatever. Plus god knows how much other comment on shows, Tv etc etc

I can honestly say I've never seen such an over reaction to 57 minutes of football especially about a player who was near enough or actually MoM the last two times he played... i
Is there a massive unfulfilled desire to talk about something negative around the team or something ... can't make it out

Offline McrRed

• Member of International Hill Climbers Group. Only gets happy endings at Christmas.
  • Believer
  • In the town where I was born
« Reply #8122 on: Yesterday at 07:39:57 PM »
A welcome return to sanity...
Oh, and Keita is fucking brilliant  ;D

We've seen enough to draw that conclusion.

To caveat it though, he's definitely a player who needs a run of games though.  I think he suffers from confidence issues.  But a run of games normally irons that out.

Can't believe people would question what he brings when's he's on that run though.
Okay.... gonna stop posting in here soon but I now have 3 maybe 4 LFC podcasts on my time line with titles like 'Struggling Keita' 'Keita enigma' 'Keita is a poop fest' or whatever. Plus god knows how much other comment on shows, Tv etc etc

I can honestly say I've never seen such an over reaction to 57 minutes of football especially about a player who was near enough or actually MoM the last two times he played... i
Is there a massive unfulfilled desire to talk about something negative around the team or something ... can't make it out
It's remarkable. The best fucking season, ever and we still have this psychological dependence on moaning at someone, something, anything.

Keita is brilliant. They are all brilliant. Fucking Jones is brilliant. It's not being rose-tinted (though there's nothing wrong with that if you're a Liverpool supporter) this team for the last year has been beyond sensational. And Keita, when he's not been injured, has been there with the rest of them.

Offline LiamG

• Believer
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #8123 on: Yesterday at 08:14:34 PM »
A welcome return to sanity...It's remarkable. The best fucking season, ever and we still have this psychological dependence on moaning at someone, something, anything.

Keita is brilliant. They are all brilliant. Fucking Jones is brilliant. It's not being rose-tinted (though there's nothing wrong with that if you're a Liverpool supporter) this team for the last year has been beyond sensational. And Keita, when he's not been injured, has been there with the rest of them.

Our fanbase for ya, they need a scapegoat, and with future PFA of the year Henderson playing so well, they need someone else to bash

Online Bjornar

• Kopite
« Reply #8124 on: Yesterday at 10:20:40 PM »
How interesting are those individual stats that are being used to defend Keita? He is a good player, so not against defending him, but I'm against how stats are being used to do so. The whole point of Liverpool under Klopp is how each individual part of the team combine together to produce something much better than the sum of its parts (it's not as if Henderson and Wijnaldum will go into football history as brilliant individual players, but for us they are). And the problem with Keita, to the extent there is a problem, is that he's a very good footballer who's so far not quite in sync with what the rest of the team are doing. There won't be any stats to measure the 'in sync' part anytime soon.
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 10:23:01 PM by Bjornar »

Offline deFacto

• farKnow
  • Believer