Author Topic: MATCH PREVIEW: Liverpool v Leicester City - Sat 10th Sept, 17:30  (Read 42853 times)

Offline swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: MATCH PREVIEW: Liverpool v Leicester City - Sat 10th Sept, 17:30
« Reply #80 on: September 8, 2016, 12:16:21 pm »
Ahhh back to proper football this weekend

Think we will win 3-1

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #81 on: September 8, 2016, 01:51:17 pm »
Klopp confirmed no Can for this game, gonna be difficult to keep a clean sheet here.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Online BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #82 on: September 8, 2016, 02:09:28 pm »
Klopp confirmed no Can for this game, gonna be difficult to keep a clean sheet here.

And no Klavan.

Spurs are without Rose & Demeble. Loris is fit.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #83 on: September 8, 2016, 02:11:51 pm »
And no Klavan.

Shame we played Spurs two weeks ago really...........

;D
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #84 on: September 8, 2016, 02:12:12 pm »
And no Klavan.

We already played Spurs mate ;D
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline lessthanmatt

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #85 on: September 8, 2016, 02:13:41 pm »
If Kane is in the mood our defence could really struggle here
"I want to get off Mr. Rodgers Wild Ride"

Offline amirani

• Legacy Fan
  • Carolina Red!
« Reply #86 on: September 8, 2016, 02:14:04 pm »
And no Klavan.

wake up buddy

Offline joezydudek

• Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #87 on: September 8, 2016, 02:18:11 pm »
If Kane is in the mood our defence could really struggle here

I don't think Harry Kane will cause us any problems. Vardy might.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #88 on: September 8, 2016, 02:19:18 pm »
I don't think Harry Kane will cause us any problems.

Probably not. I predict a 1-1. I think we'll take the lead and then probably somewhere around the 70min mark Spurs will equalize, just a feeling I have.

Offline lessthanmatt

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #89 on: September 8, 2016, 02:19:40 pm »
I don't think Harry Kane will cause us any problems.

He and Lamela have a great understanding. Could be curtains before half time.
"I want to get off Mr. Rodgers Wild Ride"

Online BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #90 on: September 8, 2016, 02:22:37 pm »
Doh!!!  :duh :duh :duh

Reading the one article with both sets of team news.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline vagabond

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #91 on: September 8, 2016, 02:34:19 pm »
So, this is a theory of mine and my own opinion, but for some time now, I feel that we have had players who are... Less than robust mentally? Yes, there are tears, pulls and other types of injuries that you can't legislate for, but as most will know from playing sport at any level, there are players that could have played, but (for want of a better phrase) have wussed out at the slightest opportunity to do so. I personally think that we've had a few of those over the years that have caused this perception (*cough* Harry Kewell...). We're not alone in this either I hasten to add, as other sides have more well documented issues as well.

On the other hand, the modern-day footballer is a different breed than in previous years as well and I think upbringing is a lot to do with it, as (bear me out on this - like I said, it's an opinion and one that I can backup as I coach kids rugby and have done football as well over the years) kids are treated a whole lot more differently than they used to be. And before anyone says anything, in the vast amount of cases, this is a good thing of course. My prime example is physical fitness. I used to climb trees, cycle everywhere, play every sport going. It's only now (46) that I'm starting to feel my body saying enough is enough. I have a bloody good immune system, and decent muscle structure as I never went to a gym, but done a different (and I would argue better) level of exercise. Coupled with the fact that I was free to do whatever I wanted sport-wise without being told that I was doing too much. The coaches I had in my youth were harder (great people I hasten to add - not utter RSM's... although I did actually have an ex RSM as one of them, but I digress!) and as a result, I strongly feel I was more robust as a result. I see kids nowadays being told that you can't do this, or you can't do that, as they're complaining about a bruise!

I know there will now be the inevitable "You're an old git" and "Times have changed" arguments back, but that's simply how I see it. Lack of consistency over the years has cost us dearly with players dropping out and I am absolutely convinced that in quite a few cases, not only has the player bottled it with an injury, they've also not been able to handle the pressure and taken the easy way out. It happens at all levels and it would be very wrong to assume that it's never happened here.

I made a point about hating the phrase "Lesser side" in another thread. I've always maintained that there is no such thing (Pulis and Allardyce sides aside of course) but even they are made up of players that you can depend on as they are mentally as well as physically strong. This is what makes Leicester's triumph last year so refreshing for me, as they saw it through. They had players that were desperate to play in as many games as they could.

Like I said, all my own opinion, although I'm pretty sure that there will be others thinking the same.

You don't get to cast aspersions upon the mental state of others and hide behind 'it's just my opinion'. What actual proof do you have that they are mentally weaker than previous generations? Saying 'I coach x and I played y' is not evidence, that's an anecdote. Produce an actual study that has found significant differences between mental states of various generations of athletes.
Sometimes a man stands up during supper
and walks outdoors, and keeps on walking,
because of a church that stands somewhere in the East.
---Rilke

Offline exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
« Reply #92 on: September 8, 2016, 03:36:34 pm »
Probably not. I predict a 1-1. I think we'll take the lead and then probably somewhere around the 70min mark Spurs will equalize, just a feeling I have.

Not with Rose out; he was the most likely to score against us.
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #93 on: September 8, 2016, 03:38:17 pm »
Did Klopp do a interview today ?

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #94 on: September 8, 2016, 03:38:46 pm »
Did Klopp do a interview today ?
Yes he did.

Not with Rose out; he was the most likely to score against us.

True thank goodness he's out.

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #96 on: September 8, 2016, 03:52:40 pm »
And ?

Klavan , Can out.

Sakho will have to find some room somewhere in the team, he needs to get fit first.

Bout all I read.

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #97 on: September 8, 2016, 03:55:06 pm »
Klavan , Can out.

Sakho will have to find some room somewhere in the team, he needs to get fit first.

Bout all I read.

Cheers

Read Islam Slimani supposedly will start but I doubt it

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #98 on: September 8, 2016, 04:33:04 pm »
Klavan , Can out.

Bout all I read.

and he's not much into boxing

Offline MobileBayRed

• Kopite
« Reply #99 on: September 8, 2016, 05:06:07 pm »
Vardy's speed still concerns me a bit.  Haven't seen enough of Matip to know how he can cope with pace, but I know Lovren struggles against it.

We will have plenty of possession.  I have a feeling we will see Firmino/Mane/Coutinho again with Sturridge on the bench.  That seems to be Klopp's preferred lineup.  An early goal would really take the pressure off (bit obvious that).  I hope we don't see the Coutinho that settles for long shots, and instead works to get into the box with Mane into dangerous positions.

I say we reverse the Burnly effort.  2-0 to LFC.
just can't confirm that delivery address and consequently gets non stop pelters off PayPal.

Offline diegoLFC7

• Legacy Fan
  • LFC
« Reply #100 on: September 8, 2016, 05:06:08 pm »
Were not a strong defensive team. We are a pressing attacking team. We don't have enough defensive quality to grind out results, or keep clean sheets on a consistent basis. Its always easier to adapt a strong offense than it is defense, and Klopp will need some time to do so. This liverpool team is a lot like 13-14 except without a world class player that will kill for the shirt (Suarez). We do have a lot more depth in attack and that offsets what Suarez contributed. We need to outscore other teams for points, I think holding onto a slim lead will cost us. Our finishing needs to improve as well. We can beat these, they sit back too deep and bomb the ball forward. Mahrez and Vardy can be nullified but its going to take a lot of hard work. 3-1 liverpool.
Seen us win everything

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
  • And stop calling me Shirley
« Reply #101 on: September 8, 2016, 05:29:52 pm »
Wijnaldum needs a rest. Invisible so far, and invisible for Holland last night.

I want to have Firmino near the box. He needs so little space to score, and that's exactly what we need. 

I wouldn't judge him from performances with the current Dutch national team. They are a bit of a mess.

He has shown some ability with us, and there is a reason our frugal manager bought him for good money, and plays him. It isn't because he is crap or doesn't fit the tactics. It will take him a bit of time to develop the understanding of Klopp's tactics and it will take some time for him to gel with those around him who are learning as well. he could be huge for us.
"I am a great believer in luck and the harder I work the more of it I have." Stephen Leacock

Offline NealFrom25Yards

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #102 on: September 8, 2016, 05:45:30 pm »
Read Islam Slimani supposedly will start but I doubt it

Just heard that on the radio...apparently Ranieri's said he'll be thrown straight in.

One of the biggest physical presences in football. Gives Leicester a new dimension.

Offline Digger2God

• Legacy Fan
  • Believe IT!
« Reply #103 on: September 8, 2016, 06:02:17 pm »
Just heard that on the radio...apparently Ranieri's said he'll be thrown straight in.

One of the biggest physical presences in football. Gives Leicester a new dimension.

Hope he does not pull a ravanelli
"How many do you want?! How MANY do you want?"

Offline Kop 81

• Spineless.
  • Kopite
  • We've got KLOPP!
« Reply #104 on: September 8, 2016, 06:16:58 pm »
And no Klavan.

:o

Anyway, honest mistake to make seeing as it feels like years ago when we last played.

Can't believe Can is out for this.

Offline jordyball10

• Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #105 on: September 8, 2016, 06:23:12 pm »
I read that something has been organised to greet the bus before the game? Does anyone know anything about it?

Offline fowlermagic

• Ilittarate
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #106 on: September 8, 2016, 06:34:36 pm »
Working tomorrow afternoon so will be recording this and hoping we get a result worth watching after :) A few factors that will be worth considering including who Klopp goes with in goal, will Matip build on his good debut, likewise with Milner as hoping he can progress from his last good outing. Can Lallana keep ticking and improving as a CM and will we be unleashing Sturridge? I hope we welcome the Champions with a gut bursting performance that leaves us all smiling.
I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi5-V75v-6I

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #107 on: September 8, 2016, 06:36:13 pm »
Nice one Rhi.

Hope he does not pull a ravanelli

Does that mean Moreno's going to score as well? Nice one.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #108 on: September 8, 2016, 06:37:48 pm »
Working tomorrow afternoon so will be recording this and hoping we get a result worth watching after :) A few factors that will be worth considering including who Klopp goes with in goal, will Matip build on his good debut, likewise with Milner as hoping he can progress from his last good outing. Can Lallana keep ticking and improving as a CM and will we be unleashing Sturridge? I hope we welcome the Champions with a gut bursting performance that leaves us all smiling.

Well if you're working tomorrow afternoon you're more than welcome to catch the game on Saturday.

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #109 on: September 8, 2016, 06:38:45 pm »

Hasn't even arrived in England yet ..

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #110 on: September 8, 2016, 06:40:42 pm »
Well if you're working tomorrow afternoon you're more than welcome to catch the game on Saturday.
We're not playing Spurs tomorrow then?

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #111 on: September 8, 2016, 06:41:05 pm »
We're not playing Spurs tomorrow then?

We don't get do overs unfortunately...

Offline JLFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #112 on: September 8, 2016, 06:54:27 pm »
As anyone got any decent get out clauses on watching the match whilst at a wedding reception?

[Nobody cares what phone you have and that you are using the free version of Tapatalk]

Offline fowlermagic

• Ilittarate
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #113 on: September 8, 2016, 06:54:44 pm »

Oops :) The joys of working weekends, I don't know what day it is at this stage...cheers lol.
I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi5-V75v-6I

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #114 on: September 8, 2016, 07:24:38 pm »
Might've been mentioned but I wonder if TV angle will be different.

Offline Anfield Kopite

• Will vote for anyone who gives out
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #115 on: September 8, 2016, 07:24:39 pm »
As anyone got any decent get out clauses on watching the match whilst at a wedding reception?

[Nobody cares what phone you have and that you are using the free version of Tapatalk]

i watched us play a tea time game on my own wedding day. Was a first game of the season away to Middlesboro. I actually went home for a few hours with my new bro in law. Crap game. Rest of the day was good though.
There is usually a lull between the afternoon food/celebrations and the evenimg guests arriving. This could well coincide with match time. Just play it by ear and then try it on about 5.15. Good luck.
« Last Edit: September 8, 2016, 07:51:42 pm by Anfield Kopite »

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #116 on: September 8, 2016, 07:29:53 pm »
Anfield is bigger and better than ever!
Klopp is our manager
We are on the way up, not down
Leicester said this game needs to be A STATEMENT. We will NOT fucking roll over. There's too many pieces in place.

YNWA

Smash em red men!

Offline HighSix

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #117 on: September 8, 2016, 07:51:04 pm »
Are a shadow of the team without Kante. Even our midfield should control it. Comfortable 2-0.

Offline Le_Mot_Juste

• Pity that it is hidden in thousands of considerably less merit.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fully endorse my custom title
« Reply #118 on: September 8, 2016, 07:51:15 pm »
When we play teams like Arsenal or City I generally feel relaxed that we'll get a win.

When we play teams like Burnley or Hull I generally know instinctively we're going to lose.

Leicester...Hmm...That's more tricky.

This being at home, and our players having significantly more to prove than theirs - I think we'll edge it.
To choose dogma and faith over doubt and experience is to throw out the ripening vintage and to reach greedily for the kool-aid.
- Hitch

Offline JLFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #119 on: September 8, 2016, 07:55:27 pm »
i watched us play a tea time game on my own wedding day. Was a first game of the season away to Middlesboro. I actually went home for a few hours with my new bro in law. Crap game. Rest of the day was good though.
There is usually a lull between the afternoon food/celebrations and the evenimg guests arriving. This could well coincide with match time. Just play it by ear and then try it on about 5.15. Good luck.
Fair enough mate! Hopefully the game will be a bit different this time around. I'm looking forward to Saturday but really want to watch at least a half of the match