Author Topic: THE WALK OUT ON 77 MINUTES AT THE SUNDERLAND MATCH  (Read 154729 times)

Offline trinityroad

• Main Stander
Re: THE WALK OUT ON 77 MINUTES AT THE SUNDERLAND MATCH
« Reply #2000 on: February 6, 2016, 11:59:49 pm »
In a few years people will look back on this as the start of something that benefits football.

Seriously, mark my words.

You may scoff, many have.

I'm not scoffing. Everybody who goes to the match should support it, regardless of club loyalties. £77 is disgusting no matter how they try to dress it up.

Offline trinityroad

• Main Stander
« Reply #2001 on: February 7, 2016, 12:00:53 am »
Well I expected less, so where does that leave us?...Anfield fans are now a disperate bunch by economics and geography. You really need to understand how the make up of Anfield has changed over just a few years as a result of the club searching out the affluent tourist fan to realise to get as many as 10,000 to walk out...10,000 of the loyalist fans... is remarkable.

Yes mate, understand that and another poster touched upon it which I agreed with and was kind of what I was getting at, but it's not my place to say.

Offline Twelfth Man

• Rhianna fan. my arse! Someone fill me in. Any takers? :) We are the fabulous CFC...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2002 on: February 7, 2016, 12:03:01 am »
Can I make a couple of points.

The FA have no role in this. They have no control over the finances of PL football.

The PL make deals with sponsors like Sky etc and there is an agreement among the PL members (the Clubs) about how that is divided.

The PL are not an authority managing Clubs, think of them more as the trade union of Clubs supporting and protecting their interests above everything else.
So the clubs and PL are like, the ratings agencies and investment banks, I'll rub you back, you rub mine sort of thing? A small part of that equation is missing, who could that be...?
The courts, the rich, the powerful or those in authority never lie. It has been dealt with 'by the courts' nothing to see here run along.

Offline FlashingBlade

• Organised a piss up in a brewery. Ended up in his pants with a KFC bucket. Future MP. Eats only Fish Heads and Tails. Can't spell 'DOMUM'. Now has no balls.
  • Legacy Fan
  • From a Shankly Boy to a Klopp Man
« Reply #2003 on: February 7, 2016, 12:03:57 am »
Yes mate, understand that and another poster touched upon it which I agreed with and was kind of what I was getting at, but it's not my place to say.

No probs mate, I think all right thinking fans of whichever club they support are all in tune , this is where the strength will come , fans being unified within their own clubs and across the rivalry on common causes.

Offline Twelfth Man

• Rhianna fan. my arse! Someone fill me in. Any takers? :) We are the fabulous CFC...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2004 on: February 7, 2016, 12:04:36 am »
Graham do you plan to bring in the issue of player wages? Its an honest question I have been asking for sometime. What is our position on this?
The courts, the rich, the powerful or those in authority never lie. It has been dealt with 'by the courts' nothing to see here run along.

Offline FlashingBlade

• Organised a piss up in a brewery. Ended up in his pants with a KFC bucket. Future MP. Eats only Fish Heads and Tails. Can't spell 'DOMUM'. Now has no balls.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2005 on: February 7, 2016, 12:06:06 am »
Need to get something going on Tuesday night to get the Cockney East Enders on board.

Theyre not soft , they are being buttered up for the move to the Olympic stadium, give it a year or two and its , bang! they need to match the ticket costs of Arsenal ,Spurs and chasing the tourist fan

Offline FlashingBlade

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2006 on: February 7, 2016, 12:06:58 am »
Graham do you plan to bring in the issue of player wages? Its an honest question I have been asking for sometime. What is our position on this?

Well the simple fact is , modern football has made average footballers, very, very rich. Liverpool are experts at it!

Offline cornelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Beware the beast man, for he is the Devil's pawn"
« Reply #2007 on: February 7, 2016, 12:12:42 am »
As I've said on here before I voted with my feet back in 2006 after being a season ticket holder on the kop since 1991. I've only been back to Anfield 3 times since and that was to take my young sons to their first matches. The truth is I couldn't afford to take them more than two or three times a year now and even that is a stretch. Hell, I can barely afford the TV subs these days.

I thought the prices had gone mad back then and I'd had enough. To be honest I racked up a lot of debt trying to cling on. More fool me. I remember the first time Chelsea away went above £50 and how so many people were outraged by it. I refused to go back down there after that. But then it just got worse and worse everywhere else. I remember a ticket at Bolton that had cost £20 nearly doubling in price in just a few seasons. I knew the end was coming for me and after the FA cup final in 2006 I made my mind up, that was it.

I can't believe it's taken 10 more years for so many others to get to this stage but thank fuck it has.
« Last Edit: February 7, 2016, 12:15:22 am by cornelius »

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #2008 on: February 7, 2016, 12:15:01 am »
Well I expected less, so where does that leave us?...Anfield fans are now a disperate bunch by economics and geography. You really need to understand how the make up of Anfield has changed over just a few years as a result of the club searching out the affluent tourist fan to realise to get as many as 10,000 to walk out...10,000 of the loyalist fans... is remarkable.

Great shout, blade
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline JLStretton

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2009 on: February 7, 2016, 12:15:20 am »
Well done all who walked proud of you all.

To make it a success - click this and move on to stage 2.

http://www.spiritofshankly.com/news/subway-supporters-not-customers

Just done this and everyone else wanting to help should.
choose Life.

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #2010 on: February 7, 2016, 12:23:41 am »
Watched it on a stream and so proud to see the walk out taking place and as my Stream was aimed at the american market, it was certainly highlighted when it happened.
Mellowing and Retired, and stayed around long enough to watch the Tories implode

Offline cornelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Beware the beast man, for he is the Devil's pawn"
« Reply #2011 on: February 7, 2016, 12:24:06 am »
Oh how the other half live

https://twitter.com/Elena_in_Rome
Have you seen this gem?

"Klopp is certainly evaluating options for how he & his staff can cut short their contracts. No top player will want to come to Liverpool."

Fucking idiot.

Offline WanderingRed

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2012 on: February 7, 2016, 12:26:53 am »
Have you seen this gem?

"Klopp is certainly evaluating options for how he & his staff can cut short their contracts. No top player will want to come to Liverpool."

Fucking idiot.

My favourite is comparing the black flags to ISIS

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2013 on: February 7, 2016, 12:31:29 am »
Have you seen this gem?

Fucking idiot.

When in Rome dont do as Elena does
Mellowing and Retired, and stayed around long enough to watch the Tories implode

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2014 on: February 7, 2016, 12:33:19 am »
Well that was really something wasn't it.

A huge thanks to all who organized it and all who took part.

It's you that got the thread going and promoted the spionkop1906 idea mate, good on you.

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #2015 on: February 7, 2016, 12:34:26 am »
Maybe the next course of action should be SOS kidnap Mignolet and unless the club meet their demands....they'll release him!!

Well I laughed.. ;D
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS Vice Chair - Former Chair LFC S/Committee
« Reply #2016 on: February 7, 2016, 12:38:51 am »

Only as part of the overall management of the Club.

The football side of things have always been considered for the Club to get right, you can decide if they do that.

None of us have enough experience or knowledge of football player economics or football contracts to start spouting although it doesn't take a genius to see that wage inflation is relevant.

Those that simply bang on about players' wages forget that you can be smart and efficient in your player recruitment and negotiation and that we as supporters have little power over the overall economics while not owning Clubs.

What we can do though is critique our own Club and ask do we spend our large wealth effectively and is our player recruitment and salary structure done well enough?
« Last Edit: February 7, 2016, 12:41:28 am by Graham Smith »
Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #2017 on: February 7, 2016, 12:39:33 am »

I believe agents and their fees should be next, mate. They really are a fucking aneurism to the game. They wield so much power and influence within yet are unregulated and out of control. They, with the clubs consent,in a converse way, are allowed to destabilise, tap up, fucking weild intolerable pressure on players with impunity and with their fucking absolute power over hack journo's who, like smack heads that crave a fix,  inject stories at their behest. They and their co-conspitators can destabilise a club with a phone call, a whisper or a nod. Fucking string them up I say. What do you reckon?
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline Filler.

• Up. resurrected. Keeps his Kath in a cage, but not sure if the new baby is in there as well. Studying for a Masters in Semiotics.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2018 on: February 7, 2016, 12:42:47 am »
It's you that got the thread going and promoted the spionkop1906 idea mate, good on you.

Yep.. fair fucks Timbo. Fair fucks all. That was a good note to all that was Timbo.

Offline juan1001

• The Dumb One
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2019 on: February 7, 2016, 12:43:27 am »
Better than winning matches? Really?
I don't get that mentality at all. Some fans tinkling walking out on a game, having your team colapse, is better than beating the champions of the past two seasons. Maybe Liverpool should boycott the Leauge Cup Final. After all isn't that a big expense.

Offline the 92A

• Alberto Incontidor. Peneus. Phantom Thread Locker. Mr Bus. But there'll be another one along soon enough. Almost as bad as Jim...
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2020 on: February 7, 2016, 12:44:39 am »
Too right it was. The feeling of solidarity and noise as we walked from the main stand around to the back of the Kop is the best feeling I've had as a supporter for years. Felt 25feet tall. I felt sorry for those in the ground who missed out on experiencing the joy of being part of something special and laughed at the Sunderland who thought today was their day. The results fuck all today was our day
Still Dreaming of a Harry Quinn

Offline brownie 09

• Long-winded.....but never mind :)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • twitter - brownie09RAWK
« Reply #2021 on: February 7, 2016, 12:46:29 am »
I don't get that mentality at all. Some fans tinkling walking out on a game, having your team colapse, is better than beating the champions of the past two seasons. Maybe Liverpool should boycott the Leauge Cup Final. After all isn't that a big expense.
then you dont get this club

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2022 on: February 7, 2016, 12:48:46 am »

Two things if the team had any mental strength the walk out would not affect them, as for the rest of your post, you are right you dont get it and probably never will.

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2023 on: February 7, 2016, 12:48:51 am »
As I've said on here before I voted with my feet back in 2006 after being a season ticket holder on the kop since 1991. I've only been back to Anfield 3 times since and that was to take my young sons to their first matches. The truth is I couldn't afford to take them more than two or three times a year now and even that is a stretch. Hell, I can barely afford the TV subs these days.

I thought the prices had gone mad back then and I'd had enough. To be honest I racked up a lot of debt trying to cling on. More fool me. I remember the first time Chelsea away went above £50 and how so many people were outraged by it. I refused to go back down there after that. But then it just got worse and worse everywhere else. I remember a ticket at Bolton that had cost £20 nearly doubling in price in just a few seasons. I knew the end was coming for me and after the FA cup final in 2006 I made my mind up, that was it.

I can't believe it's taken 10 more years for so many others to get to this stage but thank fuck it has.

Good point, 10-15000 walked out today,  many more have walked out for good over the last ten years.  Maybe FSG will play hardball, they will see this as an opportunity to rid themselves of (what they perceive to be) the obnoxious, dissenting, militant local support and put another 10000 tourists in their place before FSG ride off into the sunset with their dollars.
We are Loyal Supporters

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2024 on: February 7, 2016, 12:48:55 am »
I believe agents and their fees should be next, mate. They really are a fucking aneurism to the game. They wield so much power and influence within yet are unregulated and out of control. They, with the clubs consent,in a converse way, are allowed to destabilise, tap up, fucking weild intolerable pressure on players with impunity and with their fucking absolute power over hack journo's who, like smack heads that crave a fix,  inject stories at their behest. They and their co-conspitators can destabilise a club with a phone call, a whisper or a nod. Fucking string them up I say. What do you reckon?

The thing is though, how do you get the agents? They seem to be in bed with all of the powerful clubs, managers and players in the game.

Jorge Mendes seems to be involved in a ton of it, but what can we do?
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline juan1001

• The Dumb One
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2025 on: February 7, 2016, 12:49:48 am »
then you dont get this club
Yea, because it makes more sense to give money to the FA, than the owners of LFC.

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2026 on: February 7, 2016, 12:52:47 am »
Yea, because it makes more sense to give money to the FA, than the owners of LFC.

maybe you have a different mindset in Canada, we support a club and actually the FA isn't specifically shafting us the owners of LFC are.

Might i suggest you  read up on what made this club great before you post again

Offline Timbo's Goals

• Petrified of THE BEAST
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
    • Timbos Liverpool
« Reply #2027 on: February 7, 2016, 12:53:17 am »
....it's not my place to say.

That's a fucking laugh since you have come on here and continue to do so. More so than any of the fucking Reds posting on here.

The tiny snippet you saw on MOTD gave no representation at all of the scale of the mass exodus yet from that flimsy snapshot you judge this incredible demonstration of Liverpudlian spirit and tell us you were fucking disappointed. Well save your disappointment for a Villa board because I for one don't wish to hear your fucking bleating. The fact is only those who were there could gather a real perspective. And that perspective is that the hundreds at most we had feared or perhaps the few thousand that at best most of us had hoped for actually manifested itself as something in the order of 10,000 to15,000 individuals all voting with their feet. And that my Brummie friend is fucking incredible and reveals a power shifting from the club back to the fan base that is unprecedented in this crummy fucking country of ours.   

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #2028 on: February 7, 2016, 12:53:38 am »

You also don't get the Cup Final either.

Just so you know..it's not run by the FA. Never has been. They have this thing called the FA Cup. Maybe you've heard of it.

The Capital One Cup is run by the Football League.

0 for 2 in two posts...well done.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline juan1001

• The Dumb One
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2029 on: February 7, 2016, 12:54:14 am »
Two things if the team had any mental strength the walk out would not affect them, as for the rest of your post, you are right you dont get it and probably never will.
The coment wasn't about blaming the colapse on the walk out. It's the fact that the walkout AND the colapse are the highlight of the season for some on here.
That's pathetic on all levels. Even if you are someone that are proud of participating in the protest, you shouldn't be happy about it. After all you are protesting because you are supposed to be unhappy with the situation.

Offline Timbo's Goals

• Petrified of THE BEAST
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
    • Timbos Liverpool
« Reply #2030 on: February 7, 2016, 12:58:54 am »
The coment wasn't about blaming the colapse on the walk out. It's the fact that the walkout AND the colapse are the highlight of the season for some on here.
That's pathetic on all levels. Even if you are someone that are proud of participating in the protest, you shouldn't be happy about it. After all you are protesting because you are supposed to be unhappy with the situation.

And you should fucking do one an' all.

Coming on here and trying to rain on the fucking parade with your apologist fucking shite.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2031 on: February 7, 2016, 12:59:06 am »
Too right it was. The feeling of solidarity and noise as we walked from the main stand around to the back of the Kop is the best feeling I've had as a supporter for years. Felt 25feet tall. I felt sorry for those in the ground who missed out on experiencing the joy of being part of something special and laughed at the Sunderland who thought today was their day. The results fuck all today was our day
There's no exaggeration or irony in this post, I haven't walked home singing recently until today, I've never been elated by someone's simple word's "well done lads" while I absconded my seat so early, and despite our early calls that its everyone's choice I've never felt so distanced to Reds than I did to those that stayed.
This may seem harsh to those that wanted their monies worth, but when I watched the match again before before I felt sad and disappointed for those sitting in the ground, enjoying their pathetic 10 minutes of football rather than taking a once in a generation opportunity to get something going that could change football for the good.

Offline juan1001

• The Dumb One
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2032 on: February 7, 2016, 01:01:03 am »
maybe you have a different mindset in Canada, we support a club and actually the FA isn't specifically shafting us the owners of LFC are.

Might i suggest you  read up on what made this club great before you post again
Walking out on the club isn't what made it great. After all, isn't this the first planned walkout on the club to ever happen.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2033 on: February 7, 2016, 01:02:14 am »
We don't censor opinions on RAWK mate, but you've made your contrary one from your far off land several times now. Best you log off now before you can't log back in again.

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2034 on: February 7, 2016, 01:03:58 am »

What's wrong with you? Look, I'm still sceptical about the alternate proposals and in the absence of a sound alternate proposal, I fail to see how any individual club can really knock 20 pounds off ticket prices. But at least, this protest got other fans talking about it. It got Alan Shearer leading the call for not just Liverpool but every club to knock 20 pounds off the ticket prices. Hopefully, it'll urge fans of every other club to protest ticket price rises and in essence, have a resetting effect on ticket pricing. Like I said, I'm not sure the club operating in isolation can do much about reducing prices because they have to compete with the other clubs in the league. I'm really not sold on the 70/30 formula either because my guess is that we'll see much much higher prices for the 30% if 70% of the tickets were sold at 30 pounds to make the same amount of money. In other words, unless there is a concerted effort from across the league to lower ticket prices, the club are in an unenviable financial position and the so too are the fans. But this protest has got everyone at least talking about the issue. And only with a concerted fan campaign across clubs is any solution realistically possible.
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline Filler.

• Up. resurrected. Keeps his Kath in a cage, but not sure if the new baby is in there as well. Studying for a Masters in Semiotics.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2035 on: February 7, 2016, 01:04:38 am »

You are the worst kind of lackey there is.

Offline leonmc0708

• Still not in the clique.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2036 on: February 7, 2016, 01:04:40 am »

Are you on a wind up?

Second best game I have attended that today. The greatest game was the FA Cup against Arsenal when we stood and demanded Justice.

You don't get either right?
"I think he scored 23 goals when I played him at right wing no ? So if he scores 24 this season then we will see
" - Rafael Benitez

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2037 on: February 7, 2016, 01:04:45 am »

You really do not understand a club you claim to support and judging by your posts never have, Todays protest was more important to the people who fill the ground you watch on TV than the result. Simply because the core of our fanbase who have been here long before FSG knew we existed are being priced out, we are not talking about day trippers with their half and half scarves we are talking about guys who have invested 20, 30. 40 years of their Time, Money and Emotion to help make this club the institution it is.

So do you think Timbo and the other guys wanted to leave early, do you think we want any of this shit, they are doing this because if they don't they can't afford to go to the games or bring their kids to the games,

So probably this doesn't bother you the same over there in Canada what sacrifice do you make  financially, emotionally watching us on Canadian TV ?

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2038 on: February 7, 2016, 01:05:46 am »
Leave the troll now, if he responds he's getting fucked off.

Offline Timbo's Goals

• Petrified of THE BEAST
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
    • Timbos Liverpool
« Reply #2039 on: February 7, 2016, 01:07:35 am »
There's no exaggeration or irony in this post, I haven't walked home singing recently until today, I've never been elated by someone's simple word's "well done lads" while I absconded my seat so early, and despite our early calls that its everyone's choice I've never felt so distanced to Reds than I did to those that stayed.
This may seem harsh to those that wanted their monies worth, but when I watched the match again before before I felt sad and disappointed for those sitting in the ground, enjoying their pathetic 10 minutes of football rather than taking a once in a generation opportunity to get something going that could change football for the good.

Fantastic slant that John lad. And Albie's too.

I hadn't thought of it like that. Nice sentiment. Though as I left I did whisper in the ear of one of the guys to whom  i'd handed a copy of that piece I'd written about the paltry £2million extra the club was making on the backs of the fans and I said to him that when he read it he would regret not joining us on the 77th minute exodus.