Author Topic: THE WALK OUT ON 77 MINUTES AT THE SUNDERLAND MATCH  (Read 154716 times)

Offline Maggie May

• A true Grandmother of Sirs. The Next Vera Lynne. The Pigeon Queen. Lobster Botherer Knockout Champ. RAWK's favourite gog. Belshie Gets Hard For Her. Call that a knife??
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit. Semper Fi
Re: THE WALK OUT ON 77 MINUTES AT THE SUNDERLAND MATCH
« Reply #2080 on: February 7, 2016, 04:08:10 am »
;D

Glad we are friends again Maggie ;)

So am I.  And so glad you have forgiven me for being an auld grouchie nark.  Mwah and kissies.
Rather a day as a lion than a lifetime as a sheep.

I can only be nice to one person a day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look too good either.
I tried being reasonable.  I didn't like it.  Old enough to know better.  Young enough not to give a fuck.

Offline YayaP

• Is John McEnroe.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2081 on: February 7, 2016, 04:10:18 am »
So fantastic to see fans pour out. Was on pins and needles waiting to see how many would participate and hard to say it wasn't a roaring success. Hats off to SOS, Spion, as well as Timbo and many others for getting it going on here. A great first step in what will be a tough fight.
"I belong to a special club, I live with special people, this is a privilege, this is pure happiness." -Gerard Houllier

“When they start talking and talking about us, it shows they are worried about playing Liverpool,” - Rafa Benitez

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #2082 on: February 7, 2016, 04:12:49 am »
So am I.  And so glad you have forgiven me for being an auld grouchie nark.  Mwah and kissies.
Of course I have ;D :)

I just wish i could convince my Da to be as awesome as you :) :D x
« Last Edit: February 7, 2016, 04:15:53 am by Hij »
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline Maggie May

• A true Grandmother of Sirs. The Next Vera Lynne. The Pigeon Queen. Lobster Botherer Knockout Champ. RAWK's favourite gog. Belshie Gets Hard For Her. Call that a knife??
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2083 on: February 7, 2016, 04:14:34 am »
Genuinely aweseome. I took two banners down there sprayed onto white bed sheets. I remember the chanting going on for so long I was struggling to keep it up. Lawrsenson was a bell end but it is how it is.

Now this is what I want to hear.  A positive contribution to the day together with a report from WHO WAS THERE on the day.  Excellent Hij.

Mind you, I bet your Mum had something to say when she came to change the beds.   :shocked

I can only be nice to one person a day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look too good either.
I tried being reasonable.  I didn't like it.  Old enough to know better.  Young enough not to give a fuck.

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #2084 on: February 7, 2016, 04:21:32 am »

Now this is what I want to hear.  A positive contribution to the day together with a report from WHO WAS THERE on the day.  Excellent Hij.

Mind you, I bet your Mum had something to say when she came to change the beds.   :shocked

My mum is a Kopite :D It took me a while but I managed it in the end.  She hated footie but I got her on the right side of it in the end. And I'm well on the others but I appreciate you on your holding it together. :D

You are the best Maggie ;) :) x

« Last Edit: February 7, 2016, 04:25:03 am by Hij »
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline BabuYagu

• It's Portuguese for 'BabyYoghurt'. The John Motson of RAWK. Or Barry Davies. Or Charley Boorman, even. Expertly silent fist-pumper. Needs to pay more attention. Repeatly analing goalkeepers.
  • Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
    • Wakelet of the Articles I have written
« Reply #2085 on: February 7, 2016, 04:41:30 am »
Is it something we could maybe aim for next? Is there a way to get our message to every supporter's trust/group/fan groups to tweet/facebook etc this thing over and over right across the country?

The more likes/shares of the message, the worse the PR is for the club.

I asked this when the idea first came up. But apparently most clubs are seeing prizes frozen or reduced at the moment.

That said hopefully they see that freezing or slightly reducing from "this is fucking ridiculous" down to "this is quite fucking ridiculous" makes no real difference. We need to see a fundamental change in how seats are priced in this country across the board. When I lived in Ipswich I laughed about how Barcelona season tickets were cheaper than those for ITFC. And that was about 10 years since when ticket prices in this country and continued to grow way above the pace of the living wage in this country.
My first article on Anfield Index on Shaqiri. Enjoy. bit.ly/2mAq3Qd

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #2086 on: February 7, 2016, 04:44:03 am »
Just some perspective.
In Toronto the owners charge $95-$421 for a ticket to watch one of the worst performing teams in hockey.
The stadium is full every night. The team hasn't won a trophy since 1967.
The point is owners will charge what the market will bear. If they can charge £100 a ticket and fill the stadium they will.
They don't give a rats ass who buys the ticket, as long as their money is good. They only thing owners understand is an empty seat THAT ISN'T PAID FOR.

The perspective here being Toronto's average salary is $72,000 whilst Liverpool's is around £21,000? Not to mention a dozen other cultural differences that make any comparison impossible.

Your lads on TSN seemed to have a bit more perspective

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/KwV9MVT_VXA" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/KwV9MVT_VXA</a>
:D

Offline Harinder

• RAWK Star. Top Kharbooja. Heat-Sikhing Missile Launcher. Purveyor of burning bushes, interpreter of dreams, provider of Egyptian travel before the age of 30, and saviour of RAWK. Also he has a beard.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2087 on: February 7, 2016, 04:48:32 am »
Juan has already been asked by John C to give it a rest. He seemingly has. Please refrain from abuse folks.
Just clicked on the main board and my virus scanner came back with this

"When we visited this site, we found it exhibited one or more risky behaviors."

:lmao

Strip his knighthood https://submissions.epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/47770

Offline Maggie May

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2088 on: February 7, 2016, 05:03:52 am »
Juan has already been asked by John C to give it a rest. He seemingly has. Please refrain from abuse folks.
[/

Ooooh Hari.  I love it when you come all over masterful.  You make me feel all warm and cuddly.   But do be fair. When someone styled as Juan acted as a tosser "kerr" is impossible to resist.  Mwah.  :wave  Kissies. 

Offline scouse neapolitan

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2089 on: February 7, 2016, 07:41:06 am »
Greatest respect for firstly the organisers and secondly all who took part. Well done and thank you.
 I've always said on here that the role of the Kop and the Kop's "performance"for me is as/more important than the team's results. If that's hard for people to understand, then they've got a lot of learning to do about who we are and what following our club means.
To the fella who said that Klopp's looking for a way out 'cos there's no money for players etc., what a fucking dull ill- informed observation. Yesterday probably solidified his respect for who we are. This will have proved to him that we are the sort of people that he wants to work with.
And if, just if, and it's a very long shot, he were the sort of manager who ignores us and had no connection with the protest, then  we'd definitely be better off without him. This below is worth the read.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/29624410

I've put this link up on other threads, so apologies, but people need to read and digest it and see which direction we should be heading. Isn't this what we should be striving for and making our support accessible for real fans and making it again the greatest, most passionate and knowledgeable support in world football?

Offline liversaint

• Beach boy giver of yuletide joy to ha-run-run-reindeer
  • Legacy Fan
  • Settle down Beavis
« Reply #2090 on: February 7, 2016, 07:50:42 am »
Well, was going to post last night, but thought I would reflect a bit.

Obviously well aware of the protest, I had made my mind up I was definitely doing it, gets to new spoons on lime street street, has a pint and gets talking to a complete stranger, first topic of conversation was in or staying, another group overhears and they were 50/50, probably as you might expect.

Gets to the abbey, it seemed to be the only topic in town and I felt, this has got legs now. At the ground, the black flags was a great idea and the passion of the lads involved spread across the Kop, to the point where it was almost hostile, and I could see that the ones who were staying a mile off, again, it seemed to be
The only topic around me in 108. As a ST holder, I know a lot around me and all in favour and all were leaving, bar one miserable Arse.

Around 70 minutes, there was a sense of expectation with some nervousness for some, one fella asked me about 5 times, are you really doing this? Anyway, the songs get going, YNWA and the famous kopites in particular were really powerful . And then I was off, with thousand of others, down the steps and onto the concourse, all singing, all the way down breck and beyond. Feeling emotional and proud to be part of something so powerful as a statement is still with me now.

To those who stayed, you missed a great chance to be part of something that matters for 13 minutes of dross.

To those who walked, thanks.

To those who organised, great respect for your time, passion and will power to do this.

You say Honey? I say Fuck off.

You dont win friends with Salad

There is another option. Mr Ferguson organises the fixtures in his office and sends it to us and everyone will know and cannot complain. That is simple.

Offline scouse neapolitan

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2091 on: February 7, 2016, 08:03:44 am »
Excellent read Liversaint for all those of us who carry our team and our city around with us every day of our exiled lives. You painted a great picture.How so very sorry I feel for those people who had the chance to leave and be part of history, but didn't. Instead they chose to stay. This was a day as equally important in our history as  St.Etienne, Molinuex '76, Chelsea semi  2005 and Istanbul.

Offline trimore

• Legacy Fan
  • Dastardly and Muttley with sick laughter
« Reply #2092 on: February 7, 2016, 08:12:07 am »
If it offends you, mate, then stay off fuckng social media and inhabit this fucking madhouse  :boxhead

lol, that happened IRL, to my face. I simply think it should be okay for some of our fans to not be so thrilled in engaging in yet another off field battle.
Go off to sleep in the sunshine, I don't want to see the day when it's dying

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #2093 on: February 7, 2016, 08:20:17 am »
That's a truism. But can't believe one can be happy with team dropping points.

I couldn't give a fuck today.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #2094 on: February 7, 2016, 08:23:23 am »
Yesterday was great to see and I'm sure there will be some very uncomfortable conversations between FSG and Ayre this week.

Think the main question to ask now is what's next?

I know there are some plans to target sponsors. Personally I'm not sure how much that will hurt the club considering the 100's of endorsements the club has. You chop off a subway or Baskin Robbins and 2 more grow back in its place

The next home game is in the Europa league. Do we walk out on that as well?

Are there any plans to re-open dialogue between SoS, spion kop and the club?
« Last Edit: February 7, 2016, 08:25:18 am by gazzalfc »

Offline M(oaning) B(ecomes) E(mbarrassing)

• Worthless.
  • RAWK Embarrassment
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thoroughly thought through
« Reply #2095 on: February 7, 2016, 08:44:35 am »
Me and my son, Liam had made our minds up we were going on 77 mins.  Before the game, we met a lad who we have massive respect for that we know from another site.  He told us in no uncertain terms he was walking on 77 mins.  We asked all our mates in the pub beforehand and every one of them stated they WEREN'T going as their tickets prices were to be frozen or show a slight reduction!  How narrow-minded and we were only able to convince one, but he sits immediately behind us so knew we'd be on to him. 

I haven't heard or felt passion like that in that Kop for years from the 75th minute when the chant went up that there was an expectation we'd be walking out and it was clear that YNWA was because the game for the true faithful was about to be over.  It actually felt good to show solidarity to such a worthy movement and walk out. 

I'd also like to thank the two Sunderland fans we met on Walton Breck Road who also showed solidarity and walked out with us. 
It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends upon his not understanding it.

Offline smicer07

• Negative, miserable sod!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2096 on: February 7, 2016, 08:52:09 am »
Excellent read Liversaint for all those of us who carry our team and our city around with us every day of our exiled lives. You painted a great picture.How so very sorry I feel for those people who had the chance to leave and be part of history, but didn't. Instead they chose to stay. This was a day as equally important in our history as  St.Etienne, Molinuex '76, Chelsea semi  2005 and Istanbul.
Really? Failing to support the team and walking out on them for a hopeless cause was better than Istanbul? You can't be serious. I didn't walk out as I would never leave before the end of a match but fair enough to those who felt it would do any good, I just personally don't think it makes a jot of difference to the businessmen running the club.

Offline Narwin Dunez

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2097 on: February 7, 2016, 08:56:31 am »
First they came for the Main Standers and I did not speak out - because I was not a Main Stander

Then they came for the Kemlynites and I did not speak out - because I was not a Kemlynite

Then they came for the Annie Roaders and I did not speak out - because I was not an Annie Roader

Then they came for me on the Kop - and there was noone left to speak for me.

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2098 on: February 7, 2016, 08:58:01 am »
Really? Failing to support the team and walking out on them for a hopeless cause was better than Istanbul? You can't be serious. I didn't walk out as I would never leave before the end of a match but fair enough to those who felt it would do any good, I just personally don't think it makes a jot of difference to the businessmen running the club.

See i don't understand this. If say another 30,000 was sat there having the same thought as you yesterday about it not making a difference then it never will. You make the difference, so if (and i know it would never happen) but the one's that stayed thinking this won't make a difference actually left, then of course it would make a difference.

I'd rather take a stand and miss 13 minutes or as you put it not support than endure decades of getting fucked and be priced out of seeing my team and not being able to support them for 90 minutes ever more.
« Last Edit: February 7, 2016, 09:00:01 am by Upinsmoke »

Offline Narwin Dunez

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2099 on: February 7, 2016, 09:08:22 am »

Quote from: smicer07
I'm glad I stayed Smudgester, really getting behind my team unlike those 77 minuters

Quote from: smudgester
Yeah smicer07 me too, as if they bothered trying to get better conditions for fans. We're alright, aren't we?

Offline Bunter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2100 on: February 7, 2016, 09:10:14 am »

The apathy and hopelessness might have set in for you but there were still 10,000 yesterday who walked out with me that believed this might be the start of something positive and plenty who've had enough. Some women called us naive for saying we'd be walking out, I said she's naive if she believes a) the increase to £77 would end there and b) naive that she's let them convince her prices were actually fair in the first place, which has been lost in this.

Also the hard graft that SOS, 1906 group etc. have put in to get the freezes and the reductions previously have gone completely unappreciated and ignored by people.

« Last Edit: February 7, 2016, 09:14:06 am by Bunter »

Offline Spongebob Redpants

• Is a spingly spangly
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2101 on: February 7, 2016, 09:13:35 am »

I asked the bloke who sits next to me if he'd be leaving on 77 minutes . His response was " I don't follow the herd ".

The irony !
Before you criticise a man, walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you do criticise him, you're a mile away and you have his shoes.

Offline Bunter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2102 on: February 7, 2016, 09:17:05 am »

Quote from: smudgester
Yeah smicer07 me too, as if they bothered trying to get better conditions for fans. We're alright, aren't we?

It the majority demographic of Anfield these days, the Werthers Ultras. "It's alright we can still afford it, seen the glory years anyway, fuck em"

Offline Yorkshirered

• Main Stander
« Reply #2103 on: February 7, 2016, 09:17:24 am »
See i don't understand this. If say another 30,000 was sat there having the same thought as you yesterday about it not making a difference then it never will. You make the difference, so if (and i know it would never happen) but the one's that stayed thinking this won't make a difference actually left, then of course it would make a difference.

I'd rather take a stand and miss 13 minutes or as you put it not support than endure decades of getting fucked and be priced out of seeing my team and not being able to support them for 90 minutes ever more.

This

As mentioned in an earlier post I walked. But to put it into perspective my mate was on the kop with his lad. We had decided on the way there we were walking. He explained to his lad that this was for him, and his chance to come and watch the reds when he gets older. Miissing 13min now or a whole lifetime its  no fucking brainer

Let's all laugh at Everton

Offline kevlumley

• Legacy Fan
  • Forza Liverpool
« Reply #2104 on: February 7, 2016, 09:20:10 am »
Good point, 10-15000 walked out today,  many more have walked out for good over the last ten years.  Maybe FSG will play hardball, they will see this as an opportunity to rid themselves of (what they perceive to be) the obnoxious, dissenting, militant local support and put another 10000 tourists in their place before FSG ride off into the sunset with their dollars.

But I don't think that will work, because of our supporters. We are well respected for doing what we say. I don't want to draw parrallels, because they are not the same, but boycott the Sun, H+G, the Athens debacle.

So its been mentioned before, we aren't trying to start a war with the club, we are trying to reason with them, that when there is a massive tv deal coming in next year, why are you taking even more money from match going support? Those support are not benefitting in any way. Same seats, same atmosphere, the footballs not great and peoples salaries are nit increasing at the same rate as ticket price inflation. When someone then tries to tell us this is a good des for the fans, you just know it isn't. One thing that hasn't been addressed is how much will LFC make on top of this seasons ticket revenue from this so called repricing structure? Its rumoured to be £2 million, I think. Correct me if I've got that wrong.

So making even more money out of people who are supporting us week in week out whilst making even more money out of tv is just wrong. We aren't alone which is why its refreshing to see others want to get behind it. As people are saying, enough is enough. Now we need to talk sensibly about it.

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #2105 on: February 7, 2016, 09:33:15 am »
Just some perspective.
In Toronto the owners charge $95-$421 for a ticket to watch one of the worst performing teams in hockey.
The stadium is full every night. The team hasn't won a trophy since 1967.
The point is owners will charge what the market will bear. If they can charge £100 a ticket and fill the stadium they will.
They don't give a rats ass who buys the ticket, as long as their money is good. They only thing owners understand is an empty seat THAT ISN'T PAID FOR.

Some more perspective we ain't interested in hockey, this isn't about success. We don't want empty seats & want to support our team but are unhappy being ripped off as part of the process.

Offline TheTeflonJohn

• The proud owner of a moist undercarriage. Full LFC bed time attire wanker. Self-confessed CUNT.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Atkinsons Long Leather - Atkinsons Hair Do
« Reply #2106 on: February 7, 2016, 09:45:23 am »
Good job everyone had the same attitude as you when it came to making noise about Hillsborough and kicking the last set of c*nts out of the club  ::)

I`m glad people had a go yesterday and told the club that some of us are prepared to make a noise and fight for future generations of the club. Where would we be if everyone had your shithouse hands in the air "Well the business men won`t listen so I won`t say fuck all" attitude?

What a fucking beaut.

Offline wolves76

• Main Stander
« Reply #2107 on: February 7, 2016, 09:54:04 am »

Off topic slightly and I agree totally with the sentiments about yesterdays protest but you are the first red I have ever seen mention Molinuex 76 as one of the most significant fixtures in our history so massive respect for that.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #2108 on: February 7, 2016, 09:58:48 am »
I have just woken up now.

Before the game I was in town having a few pints with some mates and I got talking to some Reds fans that had travelled. A lot of people in the pubs were talking about the 77 minutes and I explained what it was about and why people were doing it. They promised they would spread the word and would walk on 77 themselves.

We got to the ground, which felt somewhat subdued. I even got in a little later than normal and missed YNWA. It didn't seem appropriate to me and the way I felt.

We scored the goals which helped. Then came the Kop singing "You'll Never Walk Alone" and I, and others - even in the Upper Centenary gave it loads. Then we all sang "You greedy Bastards. Enough is Enough" - the passion was great to see and I felt it deeply.

I looked around that grand old Ground and the new Stadium being bult and in nothing else was it clearer that as nice as that Ground is. As great as the memories it held and as brilliant as the Personal memories it held for me - passion, laughter, sadness, joy and, at times, annoyance - this ground and this club is one thing and one thing alone - the fans. Managers and players and owners come and go - but without us, the lifeblood of the club - it would be nothing.

Then 77 minutes ticked round and more people than I thought got up and walked out. For me, I'm near the end of the row, it was a swift process and I was soon out of the ground. I walked down Walton Breck Road and there were a decent number of people around me. It seemed that some had felt like I had. Then I stopped and turned around and looked towards the ground and I was staggered - the sheer number of people that had left - young, old, locals and OOTs were storming determinedly away from the ground. What a sight to see. That made me feel proud but when I got to our usual pub I felt a bit crestfallen. Here were Liverpool FC playing at Anfield and I'd left early. I swiftly got a pint and as my mates arrived from the game - all of them - I got the rounds in.

During the night again and again we met Reds in town that had left - those that couldn't be fucked strangely didn't admit it - a bit of embarrasement perhaps? But slowly the feeling of US, the FANS in the ground and in town later was something to think about.

I believe I did the right thing leaving when I did and I'm disappointed that we threw away the lead. But you know what? Some things are more important than the score.

Those 10,000 that left feel like my brothers and sisters that day. They know the score. They know why we left and I salute every single one of you.

And for once it puts paid to the Locals V OOTs shite that gets said by so many fucking fuckwits - loads of OOTs walked. Loads of Scousers didn't.

Well done everyone. You did your CLUB proud.
« Last Edit: February 7, 2016, 10:00:30 am by Koala @ Allerton »
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
« Reply #2109 on: February 7, 2016, 09:59:35 am »
Leading the way again. Like the Hull away protest last season, actions speak louder than words and the club had better take note.

Very proud to be a Red yesterday. Couldn't be there but proudly told every tom, dick and harry about it at the do I was at, and they ALL said it was a great thing to do, and that's fans of lots of different clubs. One said to me, "you don't take on Liverpool supporters and hope to win" which made me swell with pride.

So made up when I saw what a success it had been.

Well done all who left on 77 minutes, you did those of us (and there's 1000s) who wished they could've been there to join in very proud.

Offline Peter McGurk

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2110 on: February 7, 2016, 10:00:20 am »
There's no exaggeration or irony in this post, I haven't walked home singing recently until today, I've never been elated by someone's simple word's "well done lads" while I absconded my seat so early, and despite our early calls that its everyone's choice I've never felt so distanced to Reds than I did to those that stayed.
This may seem harsh to those that wanted their monies worth, but when I watched the match again before before I felt sad and disappointed for those sitting in the ground, enjoying their pathetic 10 minutes of football rather than taking a once in a generation opportunity to get something going that could change football for the good.

Or it could be that those people had a different point of view. That they disagreed with walking out. Could be they thought this is not a one-club issue or that it is not the fault of the owners. It could be they thought that bringing player costs down as the owners have is on the way to keeping ticket prices level or less where they can. Could be they think it's right to pay more for better seats as a way of balancing the books.

FSG never said they would pump money into the club. They came here, looked at the way it used to be done back in Peter Robinson's and the like's day. Looked at the Liverpool Way and will have realised that the game has moved beyond that. They've seen H&G and their gung-ho, I've got no money my own and no idea how to get any world and that the resources of local business magnates won't do any more and understood that if the club wants to stay at the top, it has to manage costs and carefully manage the finances of the club. They saw that as very much their responsibility. It's their money at risk. Hundreds of millions of it. Not ours. We may say the supporters are the club but without the backing, the club cannot carry on. And yes, there's new stands to pay for. It's what the supporters wanted and to an extent, what the club needed.

Could be they've realised now, that all that doesn't work. That the 'best' players increasing demands for ever more is insatiable and that the level of income required from all reasonable resources, including bigger TV deals, better Commercial and a modest increase in GA Matchday Revenue doesn't cover it. Could be why Suarez, Raheem Sterling and Sturbridge have and will jump ship. Could be why we're scrabbling around the Southampton's of the world for not so decent Centre Backs. Could be the owners will have had enough. That's where Ayre will be coming from when the supporters are asked to be careful what they wish for. Not an empty threat. Just a statement of reality.

So what next? The supporters have failed to show they can buy the club when they had the perfect opportunity and every word since has shown they can't run it. Yet some won't let it go. They cling on to the idea that they can front up to the Glaziers and the Abramovitches and the whatever of wherever. It's gone beyond Littlewoods and beyond the supporters. No-one else credible wanted it when it was up for grabs.

So here we are again. Fighting owners. This time, owners working with the way it is, not pretending they have money to burn or raking off huge profits. Meanwhile, Carra walks out on the 77th minute and Gary Lineker sees no reason why a £10 ticket won't work (well he's had his money).

Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't pay to be one of the 200 paying £77 at category A matches but then again I wouldn't pay £77 to see anything. I'm that tight. I begrudge the £45. Particularly when that money mostly ends up in the back pocket of some geezer I've never heard of the year before doing a crap job in defence at several multiples a week of what most can earn in a year or, even in the bank account of the best player on the planet. They simply aren't worth rocking up for at those prices.

Owners, Managers, Players come and go. Supporters have a life sentence. We enjoy and we have to endure and that gives us our say but the fault here lies with players dragging millions out of the fans' pocket, not the owners. Average player wages for just one player last year? More than the increase in general admission income from these changes.
« Last Edit: February 7, 2016, 10:10:09 am by Peter McGurk »

Offline gazzam1963

• RAWK Cruiser. Andy@Allertons twin brother. Really misses a good fist pump.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2111 on: February 7, 2016, 10:02:04 am »
Discussing iton Sunday supplement now

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #2112 on: February 7, 2016, 10:06:45 am »

This is what boils my piss....the fans do have the power to make change but are either too apathetic or spineless to make it happen....there isnt a footy fan in the country who doesn't think the matchday prices are a rip-off - but they wont do a fuckin thing about it......if supporters groups nationally could somehow get together and  orchestrate mass walk outs on a much bigger scale than we saw yesterday....80, 90% of the grounds emptying on cue - including the worldwide televised live games - the admission prices would tumble to Bundesliga levels overnight...
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #2113 on: February 7, 2016, 10:13:56 am »
All the journalists were supportive about yesterday, saying that the fans have no choice but to do something like this. But then Ian Ladyman went onto point out the ticket prices have been off the national agenda for a while. But yesterday's protest has put them back on the agenda, and they should stay there now. We need to keep the media with us, as they could be powerful in keeping this issue in the headlines, and keeping the pressure on the clubs.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline gazzam1963

• RAWK Cruiser. Andy@Allertons twin brother. Really misses a good fist pump.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2114 on: February 7, 2016, 10:14:58 am »
All the journalists were supportive about yesterday, saying that the fans have no choice but to do something like this. But then Ian Ladyman went onto point out the ticket prices have been off the national agenda for a while. But yesterday's protest has put them back on the agenda, and they should stay there now. We need to keep the media with us, as they could be powerful in keeping this issue in the headlines, and keeping the pressure on the clubs.

Just about to post exactly the same

Offline lcjpm01

• Kopite
  • Sealed off car park.Whats it all about??
« Reply #2115 on: February 7, 2016, 10:15:12 am »
Imagine you are from a far foreign land and you have spent several hundred pounds to come and see the mighty reds at Anfield. Your big dream and it is against Sunderland. You turn up iPad fully charged, replica kit on, hair gelled immaculately. You are here and you are not only here but you want to be part of the passion, you want to feel the atmosphere that you'll have seen on Canal plus.
1st half shite. OK that can happen, Second half great 2 goals up then all of a sudden on about 68 mins the kop burst into life. ''Enough is enough''  ''we are the famous kopites'' and a tremendously moving YNWA.
You are not totally stupid and you certainly don't live in a cave. A protest is about to begin on 77 mins. It has been on every Liverpool forum ,all over the news and everyone around the ground has been talking about it.
Do you
a) stay in virtual silence for the last 13 mins after all you have spent a fortune and you are passionate about the club.
or
b) Walk out. Be part of the passion, feel proud of something you'll be able to tell your mates, family and kids about. Hopefully knowing in years to come you were part of the start of something that will be massive in terms of the match going experience.

Any abled body person who stayed yesterday needs a serious look at themselves and those abled body ST and membership holders should feel more ashamed.

Online mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
  • At the End of a Storm there's a Golden Sky.
    • X / Twitter: @TheLiverNerd
« Reply #2116 on: February 7, 2016, 10:16:43 am »
I think the only real way forward for this club to be run properly for the people that matter - the supporters - is for us to own it. A club run by the supporters, for the supporters. I'd consider Liverpool FC becoming a supporter run club the best achievement in its history. Something to celebrate above all our trophies.
"Believe you are the best, then make sure that you are." - Shankly

X / Twitter: @TheLiverNerd - https://x.com/TheLiverNerd

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #2117 on: February 7, 2016, 10:17:26 am »
Just about to post exactly the same

I must be getting faster on the keyboard.  ;)
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline It's Jimmy Corkhill

• No more scrapping in Page Moss. Marxist.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hasta La Victoria Siempre....
« Reply #2118 on: February 7, 2016, 10:18:12 am »
The "I'm alright Jack" mob.

My break with a lot of our support came with the criticism of Rafa and the refusal to speak out against the other Yanks.

Is anyone surprised we have snakes on our midst? We've seen this all before. They haven't learnt their lesson in spite of the club being at deaths door. They never will.
"I'm a people man. Only the people matter".
-Bill Shankly.

Offline jed the red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2119 on: February 7, 2016, 10:20:20 am »
I don't get that mentality at all. Some fans tinkling walking out on a game, having your team colapse, is better than beating the champions of the past two seasons. Maybe Liverpool should boycott the Leauge Cup Final. After all isn't that a big expense.

a) No you don't.
b) It is more than just some fans. And when this is all over and you are asked "what did you do?" You will be found wanting.