Author Topic: THE WALK OUT ON 77 MINUTES AT THE SUNDERLAND MATCH  (Read 154714 times)

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
Re: THE WALK OUT ON 77 MINUTES AT THE SUNDERLAND MATCH
« Reply #2160 on: February 7, 2016, 11:24:06 am »
You have to wonder at what Ayre actually knows about FSG and the deal, because most of the problems emanate from his bad decision making or his lack of tact with the Fanbase, and FSG employing him,  Ayre would and should have been sacked or moved sideways by any shadow of doubt so i can only conclude that he knows where all the bodies are buried.

His inflammatory remarks over this issue were so badly judged yet again.

He's had a very bad week, his veiled comment about fans "being careful what they wish for" a case in point. I found it interesting that Martin Broughton suddenly appeared out of nowhere. Was this just mere coincidence, or something more to it. I agree though he is the last left from the H & G debacle and it does make you think he knows everything about it. Or else surely he would have been replaced.   
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline number 168

• Bootle - Aigburth Vale. Mon-Sat evenings, Sundays & Bank Holidays only. Arl fart clearly past his sell-his-season-ticket-by-date.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2161 on: February 7, 2016, 11:24:24 am »
They raised the prices pre-move and know that they don't have the fanbase to fill a stadium that size with continued ticket price raises. They'd be raising them if they had our sized fanbase at West Ham.

Yes, they did raise prices buy not as much as they thought they could get away with as they reckoned it wasn't worth it in terms of fan annoyance. They are not nice people, don't get me wrong, I'm just saying that they have put two and two together which Ayres and FSG don't seem to.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #2162 on: February 7, 2016, 11:25:49 am »
Estimates of 10k walked out. In a crowd of 44k, that leaves 34k. Are you saying that you believe that 34k was made up of day trippers and people with kids? You don't think any local sat on their arse because they've paid their money to see 90 minutes?
I would say more than 10K walked out and doing some quick number crunching - a crowd of 44K with what I believe to be a ST number of 27K( I will stand corrected) and what I saw coming out the ground was more a 12-13K numbers - says to me only half the ST holders left with just under 50% of the ground being MD tickets.

Some ST holders left, some didn't - thats their prerogative - what this for me this is all about is not just what I pay at Anfield, its the hopeful reverberation around the league regarding the prices I have to pay for away games that pisses me off so much. 77 is a lot I agree, but what we get stung for the aways for more(and the club subsidise to be fair), is the bigger issue for me.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Only Me

• Insufferable twat. Brexiteer supreme.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2163 on: February 7, 2016, 11:26:27 am »
Maybe I'm missing something, but can you explain how FSG are taking money out? I'm asking genuinely. Posted below is the Swissramble article about our finances. Now apart from it not indicating FSG taking any money out of club, it shows that in terms of match day revenues as a part of the overall revenues of the club, we're more or less in line what most other clubs are making, including the German ones. The English clubs though make much more money from match day revenue than Liverpool, with Man City being the exception and that's because of their *cough cough* commercial deals.

http://swissramble.blogspot.com.au/2015/03/liverpool-show-of-strength.html

Mate, its dead straightforward all this.

They opportunistically bought an asset on the cheap, for x million. They wan to sell it later for y million.
Fair enough, you may say, and in business terms you'd be right.

But, in order to make y as large as poss, they are fleecing people who pay enough. There is no economic reason to wring a further 2m from fans, when so much cash is rolling in from Sky-the only reason is pure, unadulterated greed - maximise the income, to make y as big as poss. Don't worry about the plebs, they're all stupid sheep, they'll just fucking pay it.

They may not be taking money out at the mo, but neither are they putting it in. They are just sitting around on their fat American arses, 3000 miles away, watching the value of their investment grow, and they don't give a fuck about us.

Ayre said on Friday: "erm, you can't build a business plan around TV money." What a load of insulting fucking bollocks. If that were the case, then presumably the last fucking lorryload of cash from Sky wasn't in the last business plan, so now that you've had this "unplanned" dosh that you apparently couldn't account for, hows about passing some of it back to the fans, you disingenuous c*nt?

A 71% rise on this latest tv deal [on an already obscene amount of tv income] is now guaranteed until 2019. So alter your fucking business plan you slimy Uncle Tom fucking meff. Thats all it is, a 'plan'. Its not set in stone, so it can change. If you can't manage it, then get someone in who can.

You could of course always use some of the dosh to buy yourself some decent fucking clobber.

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #2164 on: February 7, 2016, 11:26:30 am »
Estimates of 10k walked out. In a crowd of 44k, that leaves 34k. Are you saying that you believe that 34k was made up of day trippers and people with kids? You don't think any local sat on their arse because they've paid their money to see 90 minutes?

Aye it should be looked on as a 'free will' matter not be locals versus day trippers or whatever, yesterday was a day for the individual to make a decision and i applaud the ones that walked but also i will not condemn the ones that stayed for any reason at all,

Any  of this them and us rhetoric will  split the fanbase and  plays right into their hands and weakens our fight .

« Last Edit: February 7, 2016, 11:30:11 am by Mutton Geoff »
Mellowing and Retired, and stayed around long enough to watch the Tories implode

Offline Alf Garnett!

• widely excepted yet secretly cryptic - cower ye before the mighty crusher of yellow walls. Video Embedder Extraordinaire
  • Legacy Fan
  • *Davo*It don't get better than this.
« Reply #2165 on: February 7, 2016, 11:26:55 am »
The "I'm alright Jack" mob.

My break with a lot of our support came with the criticism of Rafa and the refusal to speak out against the other Yanks.

Is anyone surprised we have snakes on our midst? We've seen this all before. They haven't learnt their lesson in spite of the club being at deaths door. They never will.

Nail on the fucking head.

Online smicer07

• Negative, miserable sod!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2166 on: February 7, 2016, 11:27:54 am »
Aye it should be looked on as a 'free will' matter not be locals versus day trippers or whatever, yesterday was a day for the individual to make a decision and i applaud the ones that walked but also i will not condemn the ones that stayed for any reason at all,

Any  of this them and us rhetoric will  split the fanbase plays and right into their hands and weakens our fight .

Well said. Thought the "scabs" chants were well out of order.

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #2167 on: February 7, 2016, 11:30:09 am »
Don't you just hate it when some gobshite quotes another poster but adds nothing themselves? I mean, we've read it, so why do we need to read it again? Is it to make a point? What is the point? Why do some gobshites do that?
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline Pepe Reina Is Rafas Son

• This must be Pepe's Mother, who else would know?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2168 on: February 7, 2016, 11:30:58 am »
Would love to see a boycott of a match,  Augsburg might come too soon, maybe Man City in the League - a midweek fixture a few days after Cup Final. Will be less ooters travelling as its a midweek game, still gives members/fancard holders who bought tickets time to return to club and get refund. Obviously ST Holders will probably take a hit as they have already paid for ticket.
See if City fans will boycott it or just buy junior tickets only or something.

Stabbed your boss in the back, the man who made you fucking European Champions, and got in the man you wanted as manager. Just because Rafa wouldn't fucking cuddle you enough and fucking wank you off while telling you how fucking great you are.

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2169 on: February 7, 2016, 11:38:27 am »

They opportunistically bought an asset on the cheap, for x million. They wan to sell it later for y million.

But, in order to make y as large as poss, they are fleecing people who pay enough. There is no economic reason to wring a further 2m from fans, when so much cash is rolling in from Sky-the only reason is pure, unadulterated greed - maximise the income, to make y as big as poss. Don't worry about the plebs, they're all stupid sheep, they'll just fucking pay it.

They may not be taking money out at the mo, but neither are they putting it in. They are just sitting around on their fat American arses, 3000 miles away, watching the value of their investment grow, and they don't give a fuck about us.

Ayre said on Friday: "erm, you can't build a business plan around TV money." What a load of insulting fucking bollocks. If that were the case, then presumably the last fucking lorryload of cash from Sky wasn't in the last business plan, so now that you've had this "unplanned" dosh that you apparently couldn't account for, hows about passing some of it back to the fans, you disingenuous c*nt?

A 71% rise on this latest tv deal [on an already obscene amount of tv income] is now guaranteed until 2019. So alter your fucking business plan you slimy Uncle Tom fucking meff. Thats all it is, a 'plan'. Its not set in stone, so it can change. If you can't manage it, then get someone in who can.

You could of course always use some of the dosh to buy yourself some decent fucking clobber.

I get all of that. But the cash injection from TV applies to all teams and not just Liverpool and the rising tide raises all boats. Part of the reason even lower and mid-table clubs can spend more money than their counterparts in Spain or Italy is the manner in which tv revenue is divided in England. Barca and Real have monopolised the tv money in Spain. This is why Ayre and co wanted to negotiate a separate tv deal. But you know all this.

I'm not saying that FSG should be wringing the fans for the sake of 2m. I'm saying that even if they did and raised 2m from match day revenues on top of what they normally did, that money would (or, at least, more than half of it) would go into the player's pockets. Whatever extra money they make from the tv deal will also, for the most part, go into player's pockets. In fact, much of the club's turnover goes into the player's pockets. My point is simple. If you want to address the issue of clubs wringing more money from fans, do it across the board. Doing it at one club alone won't work when the tv money coming in will further decrease differences in spending power and therefore, our affect our ability to compete at the top.
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #2170 on: February 7, 2016, 11:39:12 am »
With all due respect, it's my opinion. Sorry it's different from yours but that's no excuse to dismiss it as if written by someone else.

That's the other thing that's happened - it has divided the fans. Everyone wants to pay a lower price but attacking the owners for the way the game is is counter-productive. Now the fans are harming the club when they should be united across the piece to have a go at the real problem.

Players who play for money and only for money and the more the merrier. 'Back in the day', the day everyone harks back to, when all was good, players were happy to play, supporters were happy to support and owner where happy to own. It's the players (pushed by certain megalomaniac owners and a rapacious FA) who are taking the mick and more and then a bit more besides.

If the TV deals are huge now and getting huge next, you know where that money's going. To players? Yes - watch those costs rocket because 'they're worth it'. How are they? How can they take more from you than, I don't know, Rush did or Dalglish? To owners? No. LFC earned less than one half of one per cent profit last time for the first time in seven years. How many other club make any profit of any kind? On the fingers of one hand?

What a load of crap. Clubs could let people in for free and it wouldn't particularly affect their money. They make the vast majority of their cash from sponsorship and Broadcasting deals. And next season they get more than £400M more.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline davidsteventon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2171 on: February 7, 2016, 11:43:20 am »
Do we have an estimate of how much the main stand naming rights will bring in?

Offline Narwin Dunez

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2172 on: February 7, 2016, 11:45:00 am »
Don't you just hate it when some gobshite quotes another poster but adds nothing themselves? I mean, we've read it, so why do we need to read it again? Is it to make a point? What is the point? Why do some gobshites do that?

This

Offline G1 Jockey 4(betfair)

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2173 on: February 7, 2016, 11:45:43 am »
Well said. Thought the "scabs" chants were well out of order.

calling scabs is out fo order if a person has financial issues and needs to work i agree.

those who scab because they dont care....well thats another case.

one out all out in my book.
your either with us or your not.
Freedom of Speech unless you get shouted down and abused by the in-crowd.

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #2174 on: February 7, 2016, 11:46:29 am »
This

;D :lmao

Well played sir
Mellowing and Retired, and stayed around long enough to watch the Tories implode

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #2175 on: February 7, 2016, 11:47:47 am »

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Peter McGurk

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2176 on: February 7, 2016, 11:49:25 am »
What a load of crap. Clubs could let people in for free and it wouldn't particularly affect their money. They make the vast majority of their cash from sponsorship and Broadcasting deals. And next season they get more than £400M more.

LFC made £45m or so last year from the gate, which is modest compared to some.

As for TV money, there's little prospect of them doing anything but making player costs worse...

"This incredible sum of money means the club that finishes bottom of the Premier League in the 2016-17 season will pocket £99m.

The champions will earn more than £150m in prize money and that is before additional fees are paid to clubs who stage more TV matches than others.

In the past, there have been increased TV deals spent on better players, bigger transfer fees and higher wages. That is likely to happen again, at least to some extent, and may even help England's best clubs bridge the gap to the likes of Real Madrid and Barcelona in the Champions League.

It also means that all 20 Premier League clubs could break into the top 30 richest clubs in the world - currently they all occupy a place in the top 40. Burnley are richer than Ajax.

But this deal takes the Premier League into a new stratosphere and is bound to have a lasting impact on the field. It may not be long until the days of the first £100m Premier League player, who is paid £500,000 per week."
« Last Edit: February 7, 2016, 12:00:34 pm by Peter McGurk »

Offline driftinwest

• Legacy Fan
  • You'll Never Walk Alone.
« Reply #2177 on: February 7, 2016, 11:49:57 am »

Any  of this them and us rhetoric will  split the fanbase and  plays right into their hands and weakens our fight .

Wise words Geoff it's a tactic used by the bosses to divide the working class since time began
If my assistant had not signalled a goal, I would have given a penalty and sent off goalkeeper Patr Cheh. he beeped me to signal the foul. The noise from the crowd  stopped me hearing it, I have been involved at places like Barcelona, Ibrox, Old Trafford, Arsenal, but I've never in my life been involved in such an atmosphere. IT WAS INCREDIBLE

Offline kcbworth

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2178 on: February 7, 2016, 11:51:29 am »

The only truly greedy bastards I see are the players. Fucking load of shit. On what planet should players be getting 8 million quid a year in wages. Not sure why everyone is so willing to walk around that elephant.

Edit: tv subscribers must be getting fleeced also

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #2179 on: February 7, 2016, 11:52:13 am »
I have just woken up now.

Before the game I was in town having a few pints with some mates and I got talking to some Reds fans that had travelled. A lot of people in the pubs were talking about the 77 minutes and I explained what it was about and why people were doing it. They promised they would spread the word and would walk on 77 themselves.

We got to the ground, which felt somewhat subdued. I even got in a little later than normal and missed YNWA. It didn't seem appropriate to me and the way I felt.

We scored the goals which helped. Then came the Kop singing "You'll Never Walk Alone" and I, and others - even in the Upper Centenary gave it loads. Then we all sang "You greedy Bastards. Enough is Enough" - the passion was great to see and I felt it deeply.

I looked around that grand old Ground and the new Stadium being bult and in nothing else was it clearer that as nice as that Ground is. As great as the memories it held and as brilliant as the Personal memories it held for me - passion, laughter, sadness, joy and, at times, annoyance - this ground and this club is one thing and one thing alone - the fans. Managers and players and owners come and go - but without us, the lifeblood of the club - it would be nothing.

Then 77 minutes ticked round and more people than I thought got up and walked out. For me, I'm near the end of the row, it was a swift process and I was soon out of the ground. I walked down Walton Breck Road and there were a decent number of people around me. It seemed that some had felt like I had. Then I stopped and turned around and looked towards the ground and I was staggered - the sheer number of people that had left - young, old, locals and OOTs were storming determinedly away from the ground. What a sight to see. That made me feel proud but when I got to our usual pub I felt a bit crestfallen. Here were Liverpool FC playing at Anfield and I'd left early. I swiftly got a pint and as my mates arrived from the game - all of them - I got the rounds in.

During the night again and again we met Reds in town that had left - those that couldn't be fucked strangely didn't admit it - a bit of embarrasement perhaps? But slowly the feeling of US, the FANS in the ground and in town later was something to think about.

I believe I did the right thing leaving when I did and I'm disappointed that we threw away the lead. But you know what? Some things are more important than the score.

Those 10,000 that left feel like my brothers and sisters that day. They know the score. They know why we left and I salute every single one of you.

And for once it puts paid to the Locals V OOTs shite that gets said by so many fucking fuckwits - loads of OOTs walked. Loads of Scousers didn't.

Well done everyone. You did your CLUB proud.

Absolute load of rubbish and wishful thinking.

Like anyone is going to believe you have mates.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2180 on: February 7, 2016, 11:53:30 am »
Wise words Geoff it's a tactic used by the bosses to divide the working class since time began

and only way to deal with that is "one out all out".

Offline Only Me

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2181 on: February 7, 2016, 11:58:45 am »

Fanbase is already split though Geoff. Same when G&H were about -large sections did absolutely fuck all about it, but were quite happy to reap the rewards.
The ground's full of the c*nts.

Same situation here. Doesn't matter what argument you make, and fuck knows if anyone can't see the compelling reasons for what happened yesterday, then they are either selfish beyond belief, clueless, or both.

Agree about the improper use of the scab label. This time. But now there's no excuse - everyone knows the score, they know the protest is on, and they're in or out.

If they're out, then fuck them and their feelings.

Offline Peter McGurk

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2182 on: February 7, 2016, 12:02:14 pm »
The only truly greedy bastards I see are the players. Fucking load of shit. On what planet should players be getting 8 million quid a year in wages. Not sure why everyone is so willing to walk around that elephant.

Edit: tv subscribers must be getting fleeced also

Perhaps because some see it as a way of getting FSG out (and themselves in) at any cost.

Offline Only Me

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2183 on: February 7, 2016, 12:04:33 pm »
Perhaps because some see it as a way of getting FSG out (and themselves in) at any cost.

Give it a rest eh mate. No-ones biting. :wave

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2184 on: February 7, 2016, 12:05:25 pm »

Bollocks.
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline driftinwest

• Legacy Fan
  • You'll Never Walk Alone.
« Reply #2185 on: February 7, 2016, 12:05:59 pm »
and only way to deal with that is "one out all out".

Or no one in to walk out, but will that happen? No I very much doubt it, lets stick together and try not to criticise the choice of fans who wanted to stay.
If my assistant had not signalled a goal, I would have given a penalty and sent off goalkeeper Patr Cheh. he beeped me to signal the foul. The noise from the crowd  stopped me hearing it, I have been involved at places like Barcelona, Ibrox, Old Trafford, Arsenal, but I've never in my life been involved in such an atmosphere. IT WAS INCREDIBLE

Offline Peter McGurk

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2186 on: February 7, 2016, 12:07:28 pm »

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2187 on: February 7, 2016, 12:08:54 pm »
Very convincing. Well done.

As was your attempt to try and turn people against those actually trying to make a difference and save our club from being taken away  :wave
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline cornelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Beware the beast man, for he is the Devil's pawn"
« Reply #2188 on: February 7, 2016, 12:08:57 pm »

This is the bottom line. The club has just spent £5m on an unproven kid from Serbia and then left him out on loan there until the summer. Bleeding an extra £2m from the supporters is a fucking disgrace, it's fuck all to them in the grand scheme of things. Just pure and total greed.

Shearer inadvertently nailed it last night. There isn't a single premier league club that can justify a single penny in increases next season.

Offline coffeehead

• A Lack Of Real Spice In His Life
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2189 on: February 7, 2016, 12:09:09 pm »
Don't cone here much these days but just stopped by to say well done to all that were involved in organising this and all those who walked out.

Its like old times again!
« Last Edit: February 7, 2016, 12:21:07 pm by coffeehead »

Offline JP-65

• FA/UEFA/FIFA are not fit for purpose
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2190 on: February 7, 2016, 12:10:40 pm »
Put this on twitter last night, reading through the many new pages today it's even more reinforced.

'Have to say, find all this bickering amongst #LFC fans pretty disheartening, not sure my love for the club can survive another bout of this!'

Online Millie

• Athens Airport Queen. Dude, never mind my car, where's my hand sanitiser?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
« Reply #2191 on: February 7, 2016, 12:11:02 pm »

absolute bullshit
"If you can't say anything nice, don't say nothing at all"  Thumper (1942)

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2192 on: February 7, 2016, 12:11:24 pm »
Or no one in to walk out, but will that happen? No I very much doubt it, lets stick together and try not to criticise the choice of fans who wanted to stay.

thats the difficult bit with us by the looks of it.
some think about their own situation and not the "union".

as reasoned earlier think this situation is a simple one.
no one is gonna be in financial shit because they lose wages over the issue.

either they care or they dont.
if they dont care how the fuck can we stick together?

Offline Peter McGurk

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2193 on: February 7, 2016, 12:12:25 pm »
Give it a rest eh mate. No-ones biting. :wave

Perhaps not. But it's still the elephant in the room.

Why are players above criticism? How is it possible that 5 times the average annual earnings are ok to pay to one player in one week?

Offline djschembri

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2194 on: February 7, 2016, 12:14:40 pm »
Respect to everyone who organised the boycott and those who left the ground on 77.

The club has lost sight of what it represents and what it stands for. It happened a long time ago to be fair, but this seems like another nail in the coffin.

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #2195 on: February 7, 2016, 12:18:06 pm »

Why are players above criticism? How is it possible that 5 times the average annual earnings are ok to pay to one player in one week?

Not for this thread, Peter. Please go and troll somewhere else
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #2196 on: February 7, 2016, 12:20:06 pm »

Maybe you should take this issue to the ticket pricing thread? or one of the FSF / 20's Plenty threads? It's likely more suited there.
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #2197 on: February 7, 2016, 12:21:24 pm »
LFC made £45m or so last year from the gate, which is modest compared to some.

As for TV money, there's little prospect of them doing anything but making player costs worse...

"This incredible sum of money means the club that finishes bottom of the Premier League in the 2016-17 season will pocket £99m.

The champions will earn more than £150m in prize money and that is before additional fees are paid to clubs who stage more TV matches than others.

In the past, there have been increased TV deals spent on better players, bigger transfer fees and higher wages. That is likely to happen again, at least to some extent, and may even help England's best clubs bridge the gap to the likes of Real Madrid and Barcelona in the Champions League.

It also means that all 20 Premier League clubs could break into the top 30 richest clubs in the world - currently they all occupy a place in the top 40. Burnley are richer than Ajax.

But this deal takes the Premier League into a new stratosphere and is bound to have a lasting impact on the field. It may not be long until the days of the first £100m Premier League player, who is paid £500,000 per week."

But. It DOESN'T HAVE TO BE THIS WAY. The money they make off fans compared to other monies is nothing.

Without the fans, the game is nothing.

I'm not the only fan thinking of walking away. One day this bubble will burst and they'll have nothing.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #2198 on: February 7, 2016, 12:21:54 pm »
Absolute load of rubbish and wishful thinking.

Like anyone is going to believe you have mates.

:D

Offline Only Me

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2199 on: February 7, 2016, 12:23:11 pm »

They're not, and they shouldn't be able to earn so much. I think its obscene.

Maybe the current protest will grow into something that actually forces clubs to tackle the issue. Your way - fuck all happens.