Author Topic: THE WALK OUT ON 77 MINUTES AT THE SUNDERLAND MATCH  (Read 154723 times)

Offline Levitz

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: THE WALK OUT ON 77 MINUTES AT THE SUNDERLAND MATCH
« Reply #2040 on: February 7, 2016, 01:09:26 am »
Wasn't there today but have been supporting from the sidelines and the more I think about it the more I applaud those who left.

If you love the Reds and you want them to win every single game and be boss, you stay to the end, you stay to the end and do you part. You sing and shout and laugh (and maybe occasionally put your head in your hands) and you clap them at the end.

That's how I am. I have never left early, I've never even left on the final whistle. I stay for a bit when my mates are on their way and I wait till the team heads down the tunnel.

To leave on 77 is a big deal. I think it would have been really quite hard for the majority who did. They're the ones who do the flags, and start the songs and travel home and away. It's not in their make up to leave early. So hat's off to them.
Liverpool ist Rad!

Offline Twelfth Man

• Rhianna fan. my arse! Someone fill me in. Any takers? :) We are the fabulous CFC...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2041 on: February 7, 2016, 01:12:08 am »
Only as part of the overall management of the Club.

The football side of things have always been considered for the Club to get right, you can decide if they do that.

None of us have enough experience or knowledge of football player economics or football contracts to start spouting although it doesn't take a genius to see that wage inflation is relevant.

Those that simply bang on about players' wages forget that you can be smart and efficient in your player recruitment and negotiation and that we as supporters have little power over the overall economics while not owning Clubs.

What we can do though is critique our own Club and ask do we spend our large wealth effectively and is our player recruitment and salary structure done well enough?
Cheers Graham. Pretty obvious from our transfer dealings and our current plight, the club needs to do better, on ALL fronts. Personally, I'd rather get back to the Liverpool I knew in the eighties and take a financial hit in the City/ Chelsea inflated world we live in for the pay off of a more authentic stadium atmosphere.
The courts, the rich, the powerful or those in authority never lie. It has been dealt with 'by the courts' nothing to see here run along.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2042 on: February 7, 2016, 01:15:07 am »
As somebody who doesn't live in Liverpool and doesn't attend games I realise my opinion holds little weight in this situation (not that it ever does anyway  ;D) but I don't understand how anybody can denigrate the actions individuals took today. Seen loads of people say "well it won't make a difference", I don't get that either, you only force rethinks and change if you make a stand. Everybody who voted with their feet should be applauded for seeking to prevent the best club on Earth from becoming a soulless franchise. Proud of everybody who took part, gave me goosebumps hearing YNWA at the 75th minute mark. 

Online 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #2043 on: February 7, 2016, 01:17:43 am »
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline bravoco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never made the 1st team
« Reply #2044 on: February 7, 2016, 01:19:01 am »
Just watched the game over here in New Zealand and I'm really proud of the walkout. The fans who left really made their point strongly and sent a powerful message to those who take them for granted.

Well done lads and lasses.

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS Vice Chair - Former Chair LFC S/Committee
« Reply #2045 on: February 7, 2016, 01:20:13 am »
As somebody who doesn't live in Liverpool and doesn't attend games I realise my opinion holds little weight in this situation (not that it ever does anyway  ;D) but I don't understand how anybody can denigrate the actions individuals took today. Seen loads of people say "well it won't make a difference", I don't get that either, you only force rethinks and change if you make a stand. Everybody who voted with their feet should be applauded for seeking to prevent the best club on Earth from becoming a soulless franchise. Proud of everybody who took part, gave me goosebumps hearing YNWA at the 75th minute mark. 

The "Won't Make A Difference' clan have been consistently wrong since the late 1980s, through to 2010 and to now.

We. Make. A. Difference.
Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892

Online Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #2046 on: February 7, 2016, 01:21:58 am »
The "Won't Make A Difference' clan have been consistently wrong since the late 1980s, through to 2010 and to now.

We. Make. A. Difference.

The same people probably don't vote in elections as their one vote won't make a difference in their eyes. It's stupid, it's ignorant and naive.

Offline trinityroad

• Main Stander
« Reply #2047 on: February 7, 2016, 01:22:30 am »
That's a fucking laugh since you have come on here and continue to do so. More so than any of the fucking Reds posting on here.

The tiny snippet you saw on MOTD gave no representation at all of the scale of the mass exodus yet from that flimsy snapshot you judge this incredible demonstration of Liverpudlian spirit and tell us you were fucking disappointed. Well save your disappointment for a Villa board because I for one don't wish to hear your fucking bleating. The fact is only those who were there could gather a real perspective. And that perspective is that the hundreds at most we had feared or perhaps the few thousand that at best most of us had hoped for actually manifested itself as something in the order of 10,000 to15,000 individuals all voting with their feet. And that my Brummie friend is fucking incredible and reveals a power shifting from the club back to the fan base that is unprecedented in this crummy fucking country of ours.

You have misunderstood my post.

Offline paulsheridan08

• Legacy Fan
  • we have dreams and songs to sing
« Reply #2048 on: February 7, 2016, 01:22:52 am »
Ian ayre is deluded, saying how there is only 200 77 quid tickets and 64 per cent remained same or less. If you look at what SOS put up there are still a good few thousands tickets in main/centenary that are going to be 65 pound a ticket that's 6 pound more than this season for the same seats some parts of the Annie road end has gone up as well I mean 55 quid to sit in the Annie road end!! The only seats that have gone down is the kop and from the stats on SOS there's about 2k tickets cheaper for a matchday basis on the kop. As for the 9 quid ticket they must be the shittest seats in The house to be 30 quid for a A game and 9 for a C. Also as for the ticket price everyone can look too I struggle now just to sometimes get one in The kop as I refuse to pay more Than 50 quid and sit in the main/centenary of etc and more of them available than the cheap kop these days. Absolutely deluded.

Online John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2049 on: February 7, 2016, 01:25:55 am »
Another view from Canada

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KwV9MVT_VXA
That's already been posted mate, its fucking wonderful and I'd love 10% of our shithouse media to have the same stance.
I think we need to make note of any overzealous criticism in tomorrows papers. Any shithousery is going in the shithousey bank :)
We've been presented with a very complex and unpalatable price structure, if the club can't explain it and the media can't understand it then they should follow the lead in that video. Meanwhile we also await clarification.

Online John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2050 on: February 7, 2016, 01:29:23 am »

To be fair I think you did Timbo  :wave

Online 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #2051 on: February 7, 2016, 01:30:31 am »
That's already been posted mate, its fucking wonderful and I'd love 10% of our shithouse media to have the same stance.
I think we need to make note of any overzealous criticism in tomorrows papers. Any shithousery is going in the shithousey bank :)
We've been presented with a very complex and unpalatable price structure, if the club can't explain it and the media can't understand it then they should follow the lead in that video. Meanwhile we also await clarification.

It is brilliant from TNS.,...The Sports Network..or Canada's version of Sky Sports.

Just posting it in case others missed it.  :wave
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline jckliew

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2052 on: February 7, 2016, 01:34:18 am »
Since the owners are hurting you in your pockets. Do the same. Boycott a few games.
My 12yr old son asked me: Is Blackburn a Racist name?

Offline trimore

• Legacy Fan
  • Dastardly and Muttley with sick laughter
« Reply #2053 on: February 7, 2016, 01:34:41 am »
maybe you have a different mindset in Canada, we support a club and actually the FA isn't specifically shafting us the owners of LFC are.

Might i suggest you  read up on what made this club great before you post again

I'm Canadian, I have a read a lot about the club and I know how I feel about the club, I won't bore anyone by going into real detail here.

I was just hoping this club had turned a corner towards more enjoyment over football, and it still might, but a lot of people don't relish the seemingly endless fight as much as others. This fanbase has done enough fighting to last, honestly, for centuries compared to your random Canadian team. I absolutely believe it was a good thing to do, but it's sad that it has to happen again. I personally relish the light at the end of the tunnel more, but still deeply appreciate how real this club is.

Go off to sleep in the sunshine, I don't want to see the day when it's dying

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #2054 on: February 7, 2016, 01:35:47 am »
The greatest game was the FA Cup against Arsenal when we stood and demanded Justice.

Still sends shivers down my spine that. We got battered on the day if I remember correctly, didn't give a flying fuck.
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #2055 on: February 7, 2016, 01:41:27 am »

Second best game I have attended that today. The greatest game was the FA Cup against Arsenal when we stood and demanded Justice.

I still remember Lawrenson's comments "now can we get on with the football" when that protest ended. :butt
#Sausages

Offline Timbo's Goals

• Petrified of THE BEAST
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
    • Timbos Liverpool
« Reply #2056 on: February 7, 2016, 01:42:08 am »

Could it be that you have possibly misunderstood how emotive this issue is to the likes of myself and how sensitive a chap I am?

One thing is for sure never in a month of sundays would I presume I had the entitlement to go on a Villa forum and express an opinion on anything Villa connected let alone such an emotive issue in words that could be so easily interpreted as even mildly disparaging by an extremely sensitive chap such as myself.
« Last Edit: February 7, 2016, 01:49:13 am by Timbo's Goals »

Online vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #2057 on: February 7, 2016, 01:42:21 am »
The thing is though, how do you get the agents? They seem to be in bed with all of the powerful clubs, managers and players in the game.

Jorge Mendes seems to be involved in a ton of it, but what can we do?

I know, mate and there's the rub. They are in bed with each other. Agents hold the power in all negotiations. They tap up players (usually their own) indiscreetly, on behalf of the clubs so as not to contravene their own rules - fucking joke, hypocrisy at its height.

There is no known cure to this cancer; see Aidy Ward, except for a blitz on his senses via some sort of invasive intervention....
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline Timbo's Goals

• Petrified of THE BEAST
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
    • Timbos Liverpool
« Reply #2058 on: February 7, 2016, 01:43:34 am »
To be fair I think you did Timbo  :wave

Don't think so John lad

Just saw it on MOTD. Very disappointed to see so many people still inside the ground. Had hoped this would be a success.

The tiny snippet you saw on MOTD gave no representation at all of the scale of the mass exodus yet from that flimsy snapshot you judge this incredible demonstration of Liverpudlian spirit and tell us you were fucking disappointed. Well save your disappointment for a Villa board because I for one don't wish to hear your fucking bleating. The fact is only those who were there could gather a real perspective. And that perspective is that the hundreds at most we had feared or perhaps the few thousand that at best most of us had hoped for actually manifested itself as something in the order of 10,000 to15,000 individuals all voting with their feet. And that my Brummie friend is fucking incredible and reveals a power shifting from the club back to the fan base that is unprecedented in this crummy fucking country of ours.   
« Last Edit: February 7, 2016, 01:57:03 am by Timbo's Goals »

Offline NealFrom25Yards

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2059 on: February 7, 2016, 01:44:07 am »
Meeting being organised to discuss further action at future games. Wednesday evening, destination TBC but somewhere central.

Online John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2060 on: February 7, 2016, 01:49:20 am »
I'm Canadian, I have a read a lot about the club and I know how I feel about the club, I won't bore anyone by going into real detail here.

I was just hoping this club had turned a corner towards more enjoyment over football, and it still might, but a lot of people don't relish the seemingly endless fight as much as others. This fanbase has done enough fighting to last, honestly, for centuries compared to your random Canadian team. I absolutely believe it was a good thing to do, but it's sad that it has to happen again. I personally relish the light at the end of the tunnel more, but still deeply appreciate how real this club is.

There's no seemingly endless fight here buddy, we were all happy dudes until the middle of last week. We've lowered our expectation of results while we patiently wait for Jurgen to revitalise us in the summer :)
Oh ... and we told the owners to get fucked over an unacceptable price rise in some parts of the ground. Nothing endless though :)

Offline jonnyr

• Anny Roader
  • We had dreams and songs to sing...
« Reply #2061 on: February 7, 2016, 02:10:37 am »
I've been following this from overseas all this past week and on and am so with you guys and this sentiment. Wow. What a statement made earlier today. Keep on.

Offline trimore

• Legacy Fan
  • Dastardly and Muttley with sick laughter
« Reply #2062 on: February 7, 2016, 02:23:27 am »
There's no seemingly endless fight here buddy, we were all happy dudes until the middle of last week. We've lowered our expectation of results while we patiently wait for Jurgen to revitalise us in the summer :)
Oh ... and we told the owners to get fucked over an unacceptable price rise in some parts of the ground. Nothing endless though :)

Yes I think this fight can end sooner rather than later. Telling the owners this wasn't acceptable was the right thing to do. But as others have mentioned, they haven't done anything yet, this could last much longer.

But I mean the fights in general, people have been seriously complaining about the owners for years, and fighting the owners before FSG. The fights against the FA and the influence Ferguson had over them, against Uefa corruption, the fights against government cover ups of tragedies. The fact that me, having never stepped foot in Europe before, gets called an accomplice to murderers by other people who have never stepped foot in Europe before.

It all adds up and can get a bit much at times, that's all I'm saying and I hope other fans understand this.   
Go off to sleep in the sunshine, I don't want to see the day when it's dying

Online vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #2063 on: February 7, 2016, 02:27:48 am »
Yes I think this fight can end sooner rather than later. Telling the owners this wasn't acceptable was the right thing to do. But as others have mentioned, they haven't done anything yet, this could last much longer.

But I mean the fights in general, people have been seriously complaining about the owners for years, and fighting the owners before FSG. The fights against the FA and the influence Ferguson had over them, against Uefa corruption, the fights against government cover ups of tragedies. The fact that me, having never stepped foot in Europe before, gets called an accomplice to murderers by other people who have never stepped foot in Europe before.

It all adds up and can get a bit much at times, that's all I'm saying and I hope other fans understand this.

If it offends you, mate, then stay off fuckng social media and inhabit this fucking madhouse  :boxhead
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline Occy

• Anny Roader
  • Loves to Lurk.
« Reply #2064 on: February 7, 2016, 02:32:12 am »
I live in Australia. And I would have walked out as well if it had been when I made the trip over. I was over for the norwich and aston villa game earlier in the year.

I get up at 2-3 am every morning and watch every game, apart from last nights. I couldn't watch knowing that people are being fleeced and the way in which it came to this situation. People in their seats for years, now to being able to go.

Whilst I was over I was in a few pubs pre game. and one of my memories was watching some of the old timers talking to the youngsters about days of old. If you lose the stories you lose the young kids, and passion for the future and for years of old.

Young kids are the future, but how do you build on that future if you have no one there to tell people about that foundation.

The future is only as strong as the foundation its built on, and that foundation is made up of those guys that have been there 20,30,40 years.

Offline Occy

• Anny Roader
  • Loves to Lurk.
« Reply #2065 on: February 7, 2016, 02:38:31 am »
One thing I disagree with though is support equating to money spent. Support for a club is about ethos, and passion and all those things emotional you put in to the club.

It is not about whether you are an OOT or spend 77 pound each week (which is a fucking outrage even by Australian standards, to go to an A-league game in OZ we pay about 10-15 pound) or $4000 to come over for 2 games (as I did). I would never suggest that spending $4000 for 2 games makes me more or less passionate then anyone else.

However, crying when stevie g does a last lap around anfield, or crying in 2007 when I saw Liverpool at WHL. or slightly wetting my pants in 2005 (even though I watch that one on TV) is more of an indication.
« Last Edit: February 7, 2016, 02:41:09 am by Occy »

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #2066 on: February 7, 2016, 02:40:17 am »
Some of the comments around (not on here) directed at Ayre are a bit harsh... Doubt he has any more to do with the key decisions than Mighty Red. They just stick him out there to take the heat while the Americans reap the money from overseas. Just a no win position for the guy... & I am not a big fan either transfer wise ect.

I'm surprised he's been here as long as he has, didn't he play a part with getting Rafa out and Hodgson in?
:D

Offline jonnyr

• Anny Roader
  • We had dreams and songs to sing...
« Reply #2067 on: February 7, 2016, 02:54:44 am »
I live in Australia. And I would have walked out as well if it had been when I made the trip over. I was over for the norwich and aston villa game earlier in the year.

I get up at 2-3 am every morning and watch every game, apart from last nights. I couldn't watch knowing that people are being fleeced and the way in which it came to this situation. People in their seats for years, now to being able to go.

Whilst I was over I was in a few pubs pre game. and one of my memories was watching some of the old timers talking to the youngsters about days of old. If you lose the stories you lose the young kids, and passion for the future and for years of old.

Young kids are the future, but how do you build on that future if you have no one there to tell people about that foundation.

The future is only as strong as the foundation its built on, and that foundation is made up of those guys that have been there 20,30,40 years.
Hear, hear. I'm in the States and feel the same.

Offline Hij

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #2068 on: February 7, 2016, 03:03:49 am »
If you aren't behind this......

If you don't support the people on the Kop who bring the banners, flags, the fight for justice and the atmosphere, if you don't support the fans who Bill Shankly said that the players were "privileged" to play for....  I want to ask you of your alliance? Your determination? Your piece in the puzzle? Where do you stand and where do you hold your ground on this issue? Because if you answer unsure, or unaware to all of those questions, I question you as a fan- I use that word nicely, because FSG clearly view you as a customer- come over, and spend as much as you can - but those "crazy passionate fans" on the other side of the ground - 'blame them'

I would move further and I would ask what you are in it for? Success at the expense of "a small minority" (who just happen to mainly be from Liverpool)? Success that you watch from the other side of the world at the expense of seeing our most passionate support watch it from the pub ?

Where are you watching this from? If it's behind a computer screen at the cost of fuck all, or a pub on the other side of the world, what is the issue that you have with our match going fans making a stand? In fact, please tell me what right you have to say anything about our fans who go everywhere despite the cost just to support the team.  Tickets at £100 in 2-3 years, is that ok with you?

Juan1001, Smudge, Lorenzo

There are a lot of people who compose their thoughts on this website, but there will not be three more than you that I would love to meet in a pub and discuss this with properly.  I will be in the Central on Tuesday, I'll be wearing the shit multi coloured scarf that has nothing to do with football. Come to that pub and then let's discuss how the game is getting away from us as fans and what we can do to put it back in the right direction because I would be interested to hear your thoughts. I'll be in that pub because I'm sorting loads of lads tickets.

So I can't personally sort out where I am, but I would love to discuss the ticket issue with you lads properly as you clearly love it too and are passionate about it and I respect that. If you can't make West Ham away, I'll be at Augsburg at home and the Capital One Cup Final.

I look forward to hearing from you.

If you can't make either of those, I can get my mates to speak to you at Augsburg and Villa away.
« Last Edit: February 7, 2016, 03:08:03 am by Hij »

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2069 on: February 7, 2016, 03:13:56 am »
I'm surprised he's been here as long as he has, didn't he play a part with getting Rafa out and Hodgson in?

He knows where FSG buried the bodies on the epic swindle.
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline LiamG

• He's loving angels instead. Cos through it all they offer him protection.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #2070 on: February 7, 2016, 03:18:30 am »
What annoyed me was, Those who didn't walk out on the 77th minute but soon as Sunderland scored, they left

Offline Hij

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #2071 on: February 7, 2016, 03:20:50 am »
He knows where FSG buried the bodies on the epic swindle.

True say mate they are walking away with a ridiculous level of income :D

Offline Hij

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #2072 on: February 7, 2016, 03:21:30 am »
What annoyed me was, Those who didn't walk out on the 77th minute but soon as Sunderland scored, they left

They can be in no doubt that they are the worst.

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2073 on: February 7, 2016, 03:25:47 am »
Still sends shivers down my spine that. We got battered on the day if I remember correctly, didn't give a flying fuck.

Was it 3-6 that day? Henry roasted Carra so many times on the left channel that it was all starting to get a bit embarrassing.
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline Cork Red

• Kopite
  • Justice for the 96
THE WALK OUT ON 77 MINUTES AT THE SUNDERLAND MATCH
« Reply #2074 on: February 7, 2016, 03:26:50 am »
Well in all the true reds who made their voices heard today.  1/3 of Anfield kept the faith. Football without fans is nothing!
« Last Edit: February 7, 2016, 03:30:21 am by Cork Red »

Offline Hij

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #2075 on: February 7, 2016, 03:27:14 am »
Was it 3-6 that day? Henry roasted Carra so many times on the left channel that it was all starting to get a bit embarrassing.

Pretty certain that was the league cup game mate.

The FA Cup one was that Rosicky fella scoring in the bottom corner at least once.

Offline Hij

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #2076 on: February 7, 2016, 03:28:00 am »
Well in all the true reds who made their voices heard today.  1/3 of Anfield kept the fa

This is why I love this club. We look after each other and we never walk alone.

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2077 on: February 7, 2016, 03:32:20 am »
Pretty certain that was the league cup game mate.

The FA Cup one was that Rosicky fella scoring in the bottom corner at least once.

I barely remember the game then. I only remember the mosaic and the chants, which says a lot about people power.
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline Hij

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #2078 on: February 7, 2016, 03:46:10 am »
I barely remember the game then. I only remember the mosaic and the chants, which says a lot about people power.

Genuinely aweseome. I took two banners down there sprayed onto white bed sheets. I remember the chanting going on for so long I was struggling to keep it up. Lawrsenson was a bell end but it is how it is.

Offline Hij

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #2079 on: February 7, 2016, 04:05:42 am »
Just some perspective.
In Toronto the owners charge $95-$421 for a ticket to watch one of the worst performing teams in hockey.
The stadium is full every night. The team hasn't won a trophy since 1967.
The point is owners will charge what the market will bear. If they can charge £100 a ticket and fill the stadium they will.
They don't give a rats ass who buys the ticket, as long as their money is good. They only thing owners understand is an empty seat THAT ISN'T PAID FOR.

Are you having a laugh?